No more shoes!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section Interesting ...

4 weeks ago '16        #1
3365 page views
78 comments

Keepit1million 
Props total: 5300 5 K  Slaps total: 1320 1 K
No more shoes!!!!!

So about 5 to 6 months ago I came to a realization that buying shoes is wasteful. In space, money, realistic situations. As in why the hell do you need months and months worth of new shoes? I stopped following, and watching sneaker youtubers that literally force the idea of a shoe being needed. Quit going on Niketalk. I have been 5 to 6 months without buying shoes. I don't even know what shoes has been released. I know I want the cool grey 11s, military blue 4s, or cement 4s. Other than those I'm done. I felt like all of my peers, spouse, relatives looked at me like I was being immature. Now that I look back on it, they are 100% correct. Thinking about donating alot of my shoes.

Notice @ 1:14 the guy on bike tells everyone that he just bought every house on the block while they are only worried and proud about sneakers.

Last edited by Keepit1million; 09-25-2021 at 12:14 PM..
+101   

best
worst
78 comments

3 weeks ago '06        #2
Icee 
Props total: 28731 28 K  Slaps total: 2076 2 K
Good realization, at the end of the day the majority of us only have two feet which simply equates to one pair at a time. I just look at most releases like a stuck up hoe and know I’ve probably owned the OG that is being sold as a “remastered” retro which only means we’re cutting corners or using the variants mold/and most color ways are geared to homos*xuals nowadays too.

You should donate like you said or sell your stuff.
+3   

3 weeks ago '16        #3
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 95998 95 K  Slaps total: 10833 10 K
 Keepit1million said
So about 5 to 6 months ago I came to a realization that buying shoes is wasteful. In space, money, realistic situations. As in why the hell do you need months and months worth of new shoes?. I stopped following, and watching sneaker youtubers that literally force the idea of a shoe being needed. Quit going on Niketalk. I have been 5 to 6 months without buying shoes. I don't even know what shoes has been released. I know I want the cool grey 11s, military blue 4s, or cement 4s. Other than those I'm done. I felt like all of my peers, spouse, relatives looked at me like I was being immature. Now that I look back on it, they are 100% correct. Thinking about donating alot of my shoes.
What size? I work for a charity called tens on tens. It helps people with size ten feet build confidence from toe to head.

Other than that, its kind of the way th world works for humans. We are social creatures so its always something that pulls us into a community until we find another community that interests us.
+12   

3 weeks ago '19        #4
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 28391 28 K  Slaps total: 3624 3 K
My feet got too big to care about shoes

I buy whatever they have in my size
+8   

3 weeks ago '19        #5
GT33D3e  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1666 1 K  Slaps total: 138 138
Man I promise, I'm so self conscious
That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches
Rollies and Pasha's done drove me crazy
I can't even pronounce nothing, pass that versace!
Then I spent 400 bucks on this
Just to be like n*gga you ain't up on this!
+37   

3 weeks ago '14        #6
NineDime 
Props total: 7928 7 K  Slaps total: 294 294
I came to the same conclusion a few years ago, I got rid of some and packed up the ones I wanted to keep.

My rotation has been simplified a lot.. one pair of NBs, one pair of Yeezy 700s and one pair of Birkenstock Bostons. All neutral toned and can wear with whatever

For me it was a mind state, I just wanted to simplify some aspects of my lifestyle
+14   

3 weeks ago '11        #7
Anti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 54138 54 K  Slaps total: 4106 4 K
I might be oversharing here but I consider myself a Minimalist and I’m into ‘buy it for life’ A few years ago when I moved into my place I thought about having 1 of everything I spent bit more money on towels, chair, silverware, shoes, razer-handle, etc so they last longer than normal but just 1 of each…the benefit mental clarity at home having less things and clutter.

I did some googling and found out about people living Minimalist and how it keeps them mentally.

People with really a nice home and clothes, but just 1. 1 mug, 1 drinking glass, 1 dress shoes 1 sneakers.etc

Sometimes I think I want more stuff but when I get it it’s out of place and I feel it’s going to waste i end up giving it away to friends.
+12   

3 weeks ago '20        #8
SuperSlimey215 
Props total: 9192 9 K  Slaps total: 1720 1 K
I came to that realization when that pregnancy test read positive and I had a room full of sneakers and fitteds and another full of clothes.

I realized how much money I’ve wasted and more than half of that sh*t still had tags on them.
+12   

3 weeks ago '05        #9
bqstudios 
Props total: 19066 19 K  Slaps total: 3040 3 K
Interesting read. Yeah people with money , who never had sh*t growing up, just want to be wastefull and buy a bunch of sneakers and clothes to fill this void they had from childhood.
+11   

3 weeks ago '20        #10
Jaye85 
Props total: 1986 1 K  Slaps total: 144 144
To me it’s all about comfort and durability. I’m all about buying a comfy pair of shoes that’s easy to clean and can last me for at least 2-3 years granted that I wear it on a regular basis.
+1   

3 weeks ago '15        #11
Prad Bitt 
Props total: 16391 16 K  Slaps total: 1377 1 K
 bqstudios said
Interesting read. Yeah people with money , who never had sh*t growing up, just want to be wastefull and buy a bunch of sneakers and clothes to fill this void they had from childhood.
Everything stems from childhood. With that being said Vans >>> it’s a culturally unifying shoe and a true American business story.

3 weeks ago '06        #12
Storchaveli  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 28235 28 K  Slaps total: 6805 6 K
One of my former coworkers (middle aged) once said he gets rid of everything he hasn’t touched/used in a year. Because if you haven’t touched it in a year you don’t need it and could go even longer without touching it. That’s a very astute observation and pretty mature tbh. So I let go of 3 of my side hoes in North Hollywood. I rarely go up there these days anyway.
+22   

3 weeks ago '15        #13
Mickey Ganja 
Props total: 6476 6 K  Slaps total: 1393 1 K
Brah its a free world..wear chanclas who gives a fu*k.

+6   

3 weeks ago '05        #14
edote 
Props total: 1215 1 K  Slaps total: 112 112
Everything materialistic is a waste of money. Sometimes you have to enjoy life.
+12   

3 weeks ago '16        #15
Robert 310 
Props total: 2979 2 K  Slaps total: 194 194
Yeah, don’t blame you . That’s why I’m rep gang.

Last edited by Robert 310; 09-24-2021 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: Misspelled
+5   

3 weeks ago '17        #16
Drewsmit 
Props total: 22149 22 K  Slaps total: 2987 2 K
If you say OP name 5x he will appear

Broke Boi
Broke Boi
Broke Boi
Broke Boi
Broke Boi

+16   

3 weeks ago '18        #17
Orndorf2 
Props total: 3825 3 K  Slaps total: 425 425
I thought OP was gonna say he’s walking the earth barefoot.

It’s just stuff. It’s nice to have some of it while we’re here but don’t get caught up in a chase for it because you can’t take it with you.
+8   

3 weeks ago '11        #18
CALViiiN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x26
Props total: 69263 69 K  Slaps total: 8371 8 K
 Drewsmit said
If you say OP name 5x he will appear

Broke Boi
Broke Boi
Broke Boi
Broke Boi
Broke Boi

lmaooooo

Ohhhhh, BX. Let OP live mayne
+10   

3 weeks ago '06        #19
JUICEbox 
Props total: 3570 3 K  Slaps total: 521 521
 kuul said
What size? I work for a charity called tens on tens. It helps people with size ten feet build confidence from toe to head.

Other than that, its kind of the way th world works for humans. We are social creatures so its always something that pulls us into a community until we find another community that interests us.
so u wear a size 10 then ur saying, i aint mad at the finesse bro
+12   

3 weeks ago '05        #20
tokinjohn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 117817 117 K  Slaps total: 14450 14 K
Said all that yet you still need the most commercial Jordan's ever...right...you really trying to be "grown" you would be talking about owning one pair of kicks...

If "grown" is measured by sneakers, guess I'll always be a kid
+5   

3 weeks ago '19        #21
OaklandSmokin 
Props total: 4994 4 K  Slaps total: 311 311
I feel you and im trying but these boxes keep stacking up. Its been a 15 year struggle
+7   

3 weeks ago '16        #22
301216baller 
Props total: 23590 23 K  Slaps total: 2410 2 K
,I've been a sneakerhead since 03..I'm 31 now..I don't see myself changing anytime soon
+13   

3 weeks ago '19        #23
Killerbot 
Props total: 15917 15 K  Slaps total: 537 537
Or you can sell them depending on the condition via StockX, GOAT, Flight Club, etc. Depending on your shoes, if you donate them, they're gonna resell them anyway. Ppl are into thrift shopping now b/c the sneaker game is outta control. Lots of good finds in the thrift shops. Or I can take them off your hands depending on the size. J/S

Keepit1million said
So about 5 to 6 months ago I came to a realization that buying shoes is wasteful. In space, money, realistic situations. As in why the hell do you need months and months worth of new shoes?. I stopped following, and watching sneaker youtubers that literally force the idea of a shoe being needed. Quit going on Niketalk. I have been 5 to 6 months without buying shoes. I don't even know what shoes has been released. I know I want the cool grey 11s, military blue 4s, or cement 4s. Other than those I'm done. I felt like all of my peers, spouse, relatives looked at me like I was being immature. Now that I look back on it, they are 100% correct. Thinking about donating alot of my shoes.
+2   

3 weeks ago '18        #24
JugHead 
Props total: 9924 9 K  Slaps total: 751 751
I use to collect bi*ch's that hobby got way too expensive so now all I collect is Jordan's and that's it find a hobby that makes you happy if not shoes try comic books, coins, stamps you never kno in the long run it may payoff

+2   

3 weeks ago '13        #25
hoodnurd 
Props total: 3234 3 K  Slaps total: 522 522
If you have want you want like your grails there’s no need for extras there’s not even good drops anymore I remember month to month there would be at least one pair that I wanted. If I gotta go buy extra clothes or fits to go with a certain colorway and would only be used for those shoes I would stay away. I had 52 pairs at one time not to mention I was getting my girl at the time the same as me or some sbs that I didn’t have interest in. I had all types of connects so it was nothing for me to get shoes and I wasn’t buying hella stock to just resell like they’re doing now all before raffles and the other bs. The last I really went for was the cdp 11/12 and the 11s apart of that package I got were b grades to where the patent leather tore at the toe part while I was hopping barley even rocked em when this happened, I was beyond done. Now I only get retros or ds that I never had the chance to cop on release mostly sb’s and jays here n there. Sold about 75% of my collection bought a house shoe game was the best investment I made before these 1k resells started popping off. Now I’m at about 10 or so pairs with the de la souls what the dunks shattered backboards bred iv and some yeezy boost being my headliners.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+43online now  26
Image(s) inside For the BMF watchers on BX , Apparently "Lamar" Is based on OG Layton ..
56 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+137online now  14
These Historical figures brought so much joy to the black community
336 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+22online now  13
Image(s) inside Oct 15 - "Mixing" Covid-19 Vaccines Raises Antibodies, Study Finds
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  12
Video inside Lmao….26 y/o still living at home trying to manifest a million dollar h..
300 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy