AJ Johnson's wife calls out fake love; Can't pay for the funeral

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
22 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

4 weeks ago '16        #1
4389 page views
146 comments

LordChaos  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x56
Props total: 88464 88 K  Slaps total: 5582 5 K
AJ Johnson's wife calls out fake love; Can't pay for the funeral

+23   

best
worst
146 comments

4 weeks ago '10        #2
MagicOnTheTire 
Props total: 2248 2 K  Slaps total: 135 135
RIP to AJ but how is it the fans responsbility to front the bill for the funeral? Dude probally made more money off movies and stand up than most of us fans make but somehow its our problem that they aint make smart investments and/or had a simple life insurance policy?
+138   

4 weeks ago '21        #3
outstanding  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x42
Props total: 21288 21 K  Slaps total: 20035 20 K
 MagicOnTheTire said
RIP to AJ but how is it the fans responsbility to front the bill for the funeral? Dude probally made more money off movies and stand up than most of us fans make but somehow its our problem that they aint make smart investments and/or had a simple life insurance policy?
them friday n*ggas was broke asf. tiny died in bad conditions man, pops was broke asf too i needed that last friday movie badly

4 weeks ago '20        #4
MrDarkCloud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 22181 22 K  Slaps total: 4175 4 K
 MagicOnTheTire said
Exactly.

Do people not believe in life insurance policies anymore? Is that not a thing?? I'm really curious.

The amount of people that need to create GoFundMe's and ask for donations, is baffling.
+66   

4 weeks ago '16        #5
Negusis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33004 33 K  Slaps total: 3868 3 K
30 years in show business and can't even bury him?

This sounds like poor planning.

I would never leave my wife in situation like this. It's not everybody's responsibility to take care of your family.

Black men, you n*ggas need to your insurance policies, your savings, your investments, you wills/trusts in order man.

Cause when your sh*t is in order, "fake love" won't even be a thought in your mind.
+93   

4 weeks ago '10        #6
MagicOnTheTire 
Props total: 2248 2 K  Slaps total: 135 135
 MrDarkCloud said
Exactly.

Do people not believe in life insurance policies anymore? Is that not a thing?? I'm really curious.

The amount of people that need to create GoFundMe's and ask for donations, is baffling.
Exactly, A basic life insurance policy to cover burial expenses and funeral is practically the montly cost of a netflix subscription or less depending on health/location etc
+36   

4 weeks ago '10        #7
Black Excellence  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 68997 68 K  Slaps total: 7377 7 K
 Negusis said
30 years in show business and can't even bury him?

This sounds like poor planning.

I would never leave my wife in situation like this. It's not everybody's responsibility to take care of your family.

Black men, you n*ggas need to your insurance policies, your savings, your investments, you wills/trusts in order man.

Cause when your sh*t is in order, "fake love" won't even be a thought in your mind.
I think life insurance is only recently being spoken about in the black community & also its scary for people to process that.

If its educated more that should change tho.
+20   

4 weeks ago '07        #8
Jumbo Rondo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 47788 47 K  Slaps total: 6601 6 K
 outstanding said
them friday n*ggas was broke asf. tiny died in bad conditions man, pops was broke asf too i needed that last friday movie badly
Pops was not broke
+58   

4 weeks ago '07        #9
Daville502 
Props total: 7954 7 K  Slaps total: 498 498
They say aj Johnson was only worth 100k. I guess he wasn't getting it like that. He appeared in alot of movies but a lot were small rolls. But having a life insurance policy of some kind should have been on the menu.
+20   

4 weeks ago '11        #10
RileyEsco 
Props total: 62395 62 K  Slaps total: 467 467
 MrDarkCloud said
Exactly.

You'd be surprised how taboo sh*t like that is, in our community.
+10   

4 weeks ago '05        #11
gregnice631 
Props total: 11243 11 K  Slaps total: 491 491
This is sad, but as someone who was in the industry and has opportunities that the average person doesn't, he should have had things in place. Life insurance is not expensive. he could have spent 50 dollars a month for some basic coverage.
+15   

4 weeks ago '17        #12
dubsax 
Props total: 54125 54 K  Slaps total: 4555 4 K
cremation is only a couple hundred
+19   

4 weeks ago '16        #13
FreeloadinRusty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17830 17 K  Slaps total: 1769 1 K
….bet she’ll settle out of court “for two dollars and some envelopes.”

+8   

4 weeks ago '20        #14
 RileyEsco said
Like 2 weeks ago, a friend of mine lost his father. And I remember we were texting and he was like, "yeah. trying to get enough money to bury him somewhere nice."

And I'm like

Why do n*ggas not prepare for this?
+20   

4 weeks ago '04        #15
tdm2000 
Props total: 2336 2 K  Slaps total: 272 272
 RileyEsco said
Stop it with the "Black Community" stuff. All folks in lower incomes will skip on things like insurance, it ain't a black thing.
+41   

4 weeks ago '21        #16
BlaqPanfa 
Props total: 7143 7 K  Slaps total: 960 960
Lol imagine being angry at the fans just because your husband is terrible at managing his finances
+26   

4 weeks ago '21        #17
BlaqPanfa 
AJ ain’t even in the ground yet, and she ain’t even grieving, just constantly complaining about his money. And she wants to talk about “fake love”?

Poor AJ. She’s revealing what she really cares about right now
+24   

4 weeks ago '21        #18
BlaqPanfa 
 Daville502 said
They say aj Johnson was only worth 100k. I guess he wasn't getting it like that. He appeared in alot of movies but a lot were small rolls. But having a life insurance policy of some kind should have been on the menu.
Only worth 100k

Hit the trap & flip that sh*t
+6   

4 weeks ago '04        #19
x Tha Arkitek x  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 20172 20 K  Slaps total: 2824 2 K
 Black Excellence said
I think life insurance is only recently being spoken about in the black community & also its scary for people to process that.

If its educated more that should change tho.
I'll never understand this. People go out of their way to avoid planning for burial expenses, funeral expenses & writing a will. Like they don't care that their family will be at each throats because you were too scared to plan for the inevitable. Families turn upside down and start acting funny when it comes to inheriting a loved ones property --- specifically houses, cars & other large value items). My girls mom and her siblings been dealing with that after her grandmother passed...no will, she's living in the house & was taken care of her late mom, but there's nothing that made it official...so now the house "belongs" to every sibling and the children of a couple of the siblings that have passed away and its' causing a headache to get homeowners insurance with all of their name attached.

-At a minimum you should have insurance available for burial expense ($10K)

-If you're the primary source of income for your family, then you absolutely NEED to also have life insurance to cover them. If you're single and child-free, don't bother (unless you really want to have debts paid off to avoid them coming at your estate --- a*suming you have siblings, nieces, nephews that will inherit from you).

Life insurance is intended to (ideally) cover unpaid debts and to provide lost income for your family due to your death.

-Make sure you have submitted beneficiaries (the people who will receive your money from these accounts) on all of your financial accounts (most let you do this through their on-line banking/investment sites. This can also be specified within a wil.

-Speaking of wills...please do a will, get it signed & have it recorded at the county probate...it doesn't have to be anything complicated either. You can get one for free on-line or pay a cheap rate through a site like Legal Zoom if you need help.

Lastly, you need to have a personal record of this stuff and someone needs to be aware and where to find it...or just give them a copy.
+12   

4 weeks ago '19        #20
jlem 
Props total: 9124 9 K  Slaps total: 278 278
Old head perspective.

I have seem this too many times. Not just celebs but everyday people not having life insurance. Not even basic policies.

You can get a $25k policy for 10-15 dollars a month. Cats riding around in foreign cars, wearing designer sh*t, with 4 chains on and a hand full of rings with no life insurance.

sh*ts crazy. I grew up poor and I mean food stamps and government cheese poor. But guess what, there was a life insurance policy for every last one of us.

I've already told my family not to call me about needing money for no damn funeral. The sh*t sounds harsh but people need to plan and prioritize better.

It still amazes me how people spend 15k-20k on a fu*king funeral. I told my wife what to do when I die.

1. Rent the damn casket. Don't spend 5-6k on some sh*t they're going to put into the ground.

2. Don't let the funeral home plan sh*t. You tell them what's going to happen. Those funeral homes get you at the lowest most vulnerable time in your life.
Saying sh*t like, "This is what we recommend" and charge you out the a*s for it.

3. Don't utilize the limo for the family. Have everybody drive their own sh*t.

4. Worst comes to worst just cremate my a*s.

5. Save that money for yourself and our kids.

Last edited by jlem; 09-22-2021 at 12:52 PM..
+34   

4 weeks ago '06        #21
Be Easy 
Props total: 16568 16 K  Slaps total: 1985 1 K
n*ggas talking like aj was will smith

y’all know damn well he wasn’t getting it like that

the biggest role I ever seen him in was the first I got the hook up

rip
+16   

4 weeks ago '08        #22
Kewop Decam  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 36573 36 K  Slaps total: 2879 2 K
GET Life Insurance!!!
+9   

4 weeks ago '04        #23
ddash 
Props total: 52360 52 K  Slaps total: 3919 3 K
 dubsax said
This
I have no idea why broke people want funerals/caskets etc for themselves or others.n*gga wont know cause he dead
+8   

4 weeks ago '10        #24
Black Excellence  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 68997 68 K  Slaps total: 7377 7 K
 x Tha Arkitek x said
I'll never understand this. People go out of their way to avoid planning for burial expenses, funeral expenses & writing a will. Like they don't care that their family will be at each throats because you were too scared to plan for the inevitable. Families turn upside down and start acting funny when it comes to inheriting a loved ones property --- specifically houses, cars & other large value items). My girls mom and her siblings been dealing with that after her grandmother passed...no will, she's living in the house & was taken care of her late mom, but there's nothing that made it official...so now the house "belongs" to every sibling and the children of a couple of the siblings that have passed away and its' causing a headache to get homeowners insurance with all of their name attached.

-At a minimum you should have insurance available for burial expense ($10K)

-If you're the primary source of income for your family, then you absolutely NEED to also have life insurance to cover them. If you're single and child-free, don't bother (unless you really want to have debts paid off to avoid them coming at your estate --- a*suming you have siblings, nieces, nephews that will inherit from you).

Life insurance is intended to (ideally) cover unpaid debts and to provide lost income for your family due to your death.

-Make sure you have submitted beneficiaries (the people who will receive your money from these accounts) on all of your financial accounts (most let you do this through their on-line banking/investment sites. This can also be specified within a wil.

-Speaking of wills...please do a will, get it signed & have it recorded at the county probate...it doesn't have to be anything complicated either. You can get one for free on-line or pay a cheap rate through a site like Legal Zoom if you need help.

Lastly, you need to have a personal record of this stuff and someone needs to be aware and where to find it...or just give them a copy.
 jlem said
Old head perspective.

I have seem this too many times. Not just celebs but everyday people not having life insurance. Not even basic policies.

You can get a $25k policy for 10-15 dollars a month. Cats riding around in foreign cars, wearing designer sh*t, with 4 chains on and a hand full of rings with no life insurance.

sh*ts crazy. I grew up poor and I mean food stamps and government cheese poor. But guess what, there was a life insurance policy for every last one of us.

I've already told my family not to call me about needing money for no damn funeral. The sh*t sounds harsh but people need to plan and prioritize better.

It still amazes me how people spend 15k-20k on a fu*king funeral. I told my wife what to do when I die.

1. Rent the damn casket. Don't spend 5-6k on some sh*t they're going to put into the ground.

2. Don't let the funeral home plan sh*t. You tell them what's going to happen. Those funeral homes get you at the lowest most vulnerable time in your life.
Saying sh*t like, "This is what we recommend" and charge you out the a*s for it.

3. Don't utilize the limo for the family. Have everybody drive their own sh*t.

4. Worst comes to worst just cremate my a*s.

5. Save that money for yourself and our kids.
Both these posts

Incredible insight fellas, appreciate the gems & perspective from yall, motivating me to look into renting caskets & writing a will
+12   

4 weeks ago '20        #25
 dubsax said
This is exactly why I told my folks - cremate my a*s and y'all can dump the sh*t in the nearest dumpster. It's pointless.

I wouldn't even want my family using life insurance money for some lavish funeral service, anyway. Take that money and pocket it away in a savings or something.
+9   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  25
Video inside Lmao.26 y/o still living at home trying to manifest a million dollar h..
282 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+126online now  24
These Historical figures brought so much joy to the black community
328 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+203online now  20
Image(s) inside Finished my C8 Corvette Build
83 comments
2 days ago
@rides
most viewed right now
+66online now  5
Patrick Mahomes zesty brother dances on Sean Taylor memorial logo🚨..
133 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy