ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+59  91
109 replies  @wild'ish

most viewed right now
+29  69
140 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

4 weeks ago '04        #1
1713 page views
27 comments

jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x49
Props total: 18734 18 K  Slaps total: 1994 1 K
Disney CEO Confirms "Reset" on Talent Deals After Scarlett Johansson Lawsuit

The times, they are a changin' at Disney HQ. Tuesday, Bob Chapek revealed the company is actively researching ways to tweak contracts with acting talent in light of the lawsuit filed by Scarlett Johansson and her legal team over the box office performance of Black Widow. The Disney CEO made his comments at the "Communacopia Conference" hosted by Goldman Sachs Tuesday morning.

"We've got a deal that's conceived under a certain set of conditions that actually results in a movie that's being released in a completely different set, so there's a bit of a reset that's going on right now, and ultimately we'll think about that as we do our future talent deals and plan for that and make sure that that's incorporated," Chapek said at the event (via THR). "But right now, we've got sort of this middle position where we're trying to do right by the talent. I think the talent's trying to do right by us, and we're just sort of figuring out our way to bridge the gap."

It's said the executive didn't specifically state the legal troubles ongoing with Johansson, but did mention deals signed prior to the pandemic that ultimately had to be altered due to the status of the exhibition industry. Because of the ongoing pandemic, the House of Mouse is now said to be restructuring talent contracts wherever they can.

Neither Disney nor Johansson's legal team have kept quiet regarding the lawsuit, with one of the latest statements from the actor's legal team calling the studio misogynistic.

"After initially responding to this litigation with a misogynistic attack against Scarlett Johansson, Disney is now, predictably, trying to hide its misconduct in a confidential arbitration," John Berlinski, Johansson's attorney, said in August. "Why is Disney so afraid of litigating this case in public? Because it knows that Marvel's promises to give Black Widow a typical theatrical release 'like its other films' had everything to do with guaranteeing that Disney wouldn't cannibalize box office receipts in order to boost Disney+ subscriptions. Yet that is exactly what happened – and we look forward to presenting the overwhelming evidence that proves it."

visit this link https://comicbook.com/mov .. ansson-lawsuit
+6   

best
worst
27 comments

4 weeks ago '16        #2
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 80967 80 K  Slaps total: 11017 11 K
Dope, premiere access coming back

+5   

4 weeks ago '10        #3
jhust4ever 
Props total: 3981 3 K  Slaps total: 780 780
I don't mind waiting.

4 weeks ago '18        #4
Raymon 
Props total: 3366 3 K  Slaps total: 188 188
This just proved Scarlett case, if they have to restructure contracts is because Scarlett does have a case. Good for her get that money
+26   

4 weeks ago '05        #5
freshtoodef 
Props total: 10638 10 K  Slaps total: 475 475
Better call birdman
+9   

4 weeks ago '12        #6
LicensedLegend 
Props total: 10385 10 K  Slaps total: 1388 1 K
 Raymon said
This just proved Scarlett case, if they have to restructure contracts is because Scarlett does have a case. Good for her get that money
I don’t mind scarlet getting her money, because we all know Disney has enough money, but I just don’t agree with the fact that black widow was going to make a billion dollars at the box office. That movie was never going to make a billion dollars pre COVID or post COVID.
+30   

4 weeks ago '12        #7
TheConnect  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 15454 15 K  Slaps total: 1179 1 K
Hope Scarlett crushes them
+2   

4 weeks ago '05        #8
The Problem 
Props total: 1400 1 K  Slaps total: 280 280
 LicensedLegend said
I don’t mind scarlet getting her money, because we all know Disney has enough money, but I just don’t agree with the fact that black widow was going to make a billion dollars at the box office. That movie was never going to make a billion dollars pre COVID or post COVID.
I knew I was gonna bootleg that film from the jump!
+4   

4 weeks ago '19        #9
tonysancho 
Props total: 15369 15 K  Slaps total: 484 484
They mofo using blanketed contracts. They should have fired those lawyers who are to lazy to draw up new contracts based on the current economic environment.

+1   

4 weeks ago '19        #10
blackthorn 
Props total: 2956 2 K  Slaps total: 491 491
 Raymon said
Lol not necessarily true at all.

In fact there are procedural laws that explicitly protect companies when they take measures like this.

No matter what the landscape is changing… and Disney needs to account foe that. But contract “resets” are very rarely anything more than a company find a way to unilaterally advantage themselves in new conditions. I’m not sure why anyone thinks that Disney restructuring contracts is going to be “better” for talent lol.
+3   

4 weeks ago '11        #11
kevin boogz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 33674 33 K  Slaps total: 1760 1 K
re-recontracted
+8   

4 weeks ago '17        #12
Skrr 
Props total: 2647 2 K  Slaps total: 257 257
 LicensedLegend said
These marvel movies are money printers. Doesn't mean they're good but they might have a case that it'd hit close to the other movies coming out around them if it got a proper theater release.

+1   

4 weeks ago '16        #13
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 80967 80 K  Slaps total: 11017 11 K
 LicensedLegend said
We'll never hear what they actually settle out of court for but this is a big neon sign telling you that settlement is already in the works, this is not going to court
+4   

4 weeks ago '05        #14
hbk83 
Props total: 20198 20 K  Slaps total: 4394 4 K
 jlandryst said
The times, they are a changin' at Disney HQ. Tuesday, Bob Chapek revealed the company is actively researching ways to tweak contracts with acting talent in light of the lawsuit filed by Scarlett Johansson and her legal team over the box office performance of Black Widow. The Disney CEO made his comments at the "Communacopia Conference" hosted by Goldman Sachs Tuesday morning.

"We've got a deal that's conceived under a certain set of conditions that actually results in a movie that's being released in a completely different set, so there's a bit of a reset that's going on right now, and ultimately we'll think about that as we do our future talent deals and plan for that and make sure that that's incorporated," Chapek said at the event (via THR). "But right now, we've got sort of this middle position where we're trying to do right by the talent. I think the talent's trying to do right by us, and we're just sort of figuring out our way to bridge the gap."

It's said the executive didn't specifically state the legal troubles ongoing with Johansson, but did mention deals signed prior to the pandemic that ultimately had to be altered due to the status of the exhibition industry. Because of the ongoing pandemic, the House of Mouse is now said to be restructuring talent contracts wherever they can.

Neither Disney nor Johansson's legal team have kept quiet regarding the lawsuit, with one of the latest statements from the actor's legal team calling the studio misogynistic.

"After initially responding to this litigation with a misogynistic attack against Scarlett Johansson, Disney is now, predictably, trying to hide its misconduct in a confidential arbitration," John Berlinski, Johansson's attorney, said in August. "Why is Disney so afraid of litigating this case in public? Because it knows that Marvel's promises to give Black Widow a typical theatrical release 'like its other films' had everything to do with guaranteeing that Disney wouldn't cannibalize box office receipts in order to boost Disney+ subscriptions. Yet that is exactly what happened – and we look forward to presenting the overwhelming evidence that proves it."

If they are actually going to pay her , Disney needs to make its rounds and pay all the other actors they fu*ked over. Including Terrence Howard.
+1   

4 weeks ago '17        #15
Twash 
Props total: 1662 1 K  Slaps total: 361 361
Reminds me of da LA soul and all them like man there wasn't any streaming back then..so we didn't sign anything like that..we need a new deal to put this sh*t out..

4 weeks ago '17        #16
WHATEVERMAN 
Props total: 16923 16 K  Slaps total: 1759 1 K
 LicensedLegend said
Not sure that the lawsuit purports that the film would've made a billion, but only that it would've made more than it did (which means she didn't get all the money that she should've gotten).
+1   

4 weeks ago '18        #17
Mr Tibbs 
Props total: 24435 24 K  Slaps total: 2400 2 K
this "reset" is happening industry wide.

4 weeks ago '04        #18
youngsiz 
Props total: 7020 7 K  Slaps total: 1200 1 K
 LicensedLegend said
Facts movie should come out around civil war

4 weeks ago '07        #19
iTzMe!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3942 3 K  Slaps total: 501 501
 LicensedLegend said
I think her case was/is that she’s owed for her credits, regardless of how much the movie was going to make.

Disney thought they could snake her out of it but using COVID as an excuse to cheat her out of her money citing the credits we’re due to “Theatrical Release”.

She’s saying covid or not the movie was released and she’s going to be needing that check.
+1   

4 weeks ago '07        #20
 hbk83 said
If they are actually going to pay her , Disney needs to make its rounds and pay all the other actors they fu*ked over. Including Terrence Howard.
This is why they’re scrambling, if Scarlett wins the case that’s a weakness in the armor. Everyone that feels like they were cheated or owed or going to be rushing Disney like a quarterback with no protection.

4 weeks ago '05        #21
pnoi89  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 26846 26 K  Slaps total: 2806 2 K
 freshtoodef said
Better call birdman
“Contracts Are Made To Be Re-Negotiated.
- Birdman

+1   

4 weeks ago '16        #22
Teknicks 
Props total: 35336 35 K  Slaps total: 6320 6 K
 LicensedLegend said
If you're going to jump in a pool of sharks with no teeth don't jump.

Being honest with Corps and Attorneys is like being honest with Cops and Prosecutors..

The truth is in middle. So if you start at the truth ironically you won't get there..
+1   

4 weeks ago '12        #23
LicensedLegend 
 iTzMe! said
I think her case was/is that she’s owed for her credits, regardless of how much the movie was going to make.

Disney thought they could snake her out of it but using COVID as an excuse to cheat her out of her money citing the credits we’re due to “Theatrical Release”.

She’s saying covid or not the movie was released and she’s going to be needing that check.

It was reported that she already made 20 million. She is sueing because she thinks the movie was going to make more at the box office where she gets a certain % of.

Last edited by LicensedLegend; 09-22-2021 at 12:24 PM..

4 weeks ago '07        #24
 LicensedLegend said

It was reported that she already made 20 million. She is sueing because she thinks the movie was going to make more at the box office where she gets a certain % of.
That’s not why she is suing. It was based on her contract being theatrical performance based. She felt she was cheated when Disney decided to stream it putting the theatre release in competition with the streaming release.

This was a business move on Disney’s end, (which is all speculation since we’re not privy to meetings) lol. by doing this they could save on paying her for her credits. Could end up costing them even more if others decide to come for the same. Which is also why they’re scrambling about the contracts.

Scarlett Johansson, star of the latest Marvel movie “Black Widow,” filed a lawsuit Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court against Disney, alleging her contract was breached when the media giant released the film on its Disney+ streaming service at the same time as its theatrical debut.

Ms. Johansson said in the suit that her agreement with Disney’s Marvel Entertainment guaranteed an exclusive theatrical release, and her salary was based in large part on the box-office performance of the film.

“Disney intentionally induced Marvel’s breach of the agreement, without justification, in order to prevent Ms. Johansson from realizing the full benefit of her bargain with Marvel,” the suit said.

Last edited by iTzMe!; 09-22-2021 at 12:39 PM..

4 weeks ago '12        #25
LicensedLegend 
 iTzMe! said
That’s not why she is suing. It was based on her contract being theatrical performance based.
 LicensedLegend said

My dude you just said the same sh*t that I said. You can’t tell me I’m wrong and then turn around and say the same sh*t.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-45online now  24
Durk Scared AF right now… Sad to See
120 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  14
Mam grooms God daughter then marries her once she turns legal
236 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+44online now  12
Zion shocked his organization by showing up over 300 lbs
154 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  10
MKBHD: Pixel 6/6 Pro Unboxing & First Look!
38 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy