Study Shows Xbox Live Goes Down More Often Than PSN, but steam more than both

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

4 weeks ago '21        #1
762 page views
26 comments

Waddup Doe 
Props total: 668 668  Slaps total: 90 90
Study Shows Xbox Live Goes Down More Often Than PSN, but steam more than both

All online services go down occasionally, whether it's due to server overload, DDoS attacks, unexplained technical issues, scheduled maintenance, or some other reason entirely. Online gaming services like Xbox Live and PlayStation Network are certainly no exception to that rule, with both services occasionally going down, limiting what users can do with their consoles for a short period of time.*Xbox Live*and PSN outages are typically fixed straightaway, but some may still be curious to find out which service is more reliable.

ToolTester*has conducted a study analyzing popular websites and how often they had outages in the past 12 months. According to the data collected by ToolTester, Xbox Live services went down 63 times in the past 12 months, with online gaming impacted 65% of the time. Meanwhile,*PSN went down*49 times within the same time period, with the most common issue being people unable to sign in.

ToolTester took a look at a variety of other sites and services as well, including Steam. According to ToolTester, Steam suffered more outages than both Xbox Live and PSN, with 99 outages within the last 12 months. ToolTester pointed out that one of Steam's worst outages was when*Cyberpunk 2077*launched, which caused a flood of traffic that in turn made Steam crash.

Other gaming-related services were also examined by ToolTester, including Discord. Discord is a communication app that, while not exclusively used for gaming, is closely tied to the industry and in fact had its origins as a way for gamers to communicate while playing PC games. In any case, Discord trumped PSN, Xbox Live, and Steam when it came to total number of outages in the last 12 months, with 129 outages reported

ToolTester's data comes mainly from the Down Detector website, which is a site that users can use to report outages. Whenever a significant number of people report an outage, a spike in complaints can be seen on the Down Detector site, though it must be stressed that not all outages are created equal. Some Xbox Live and PSN outages may only impact a certain region, whereas other outages may be causing troubles for everyone trying to use the services.

One company left out of the equation was Nintendo, who provides some online services through Nintendo Switch Online. Nintendo Switch Online includes access to classic games and is required for those that want to play Switch games online, but its far less prevalent than Xbox Live or PSN, which could explain why it was left out of the study. In any case, as gaming becomes an increasingly more online experience, it will be interesting to see how companies work to combat outages, and if there will be less outages this next year compared to the previous one.

visit this link https://gamerant-com.cdn. .. re-than-psn%2F

best
worst
26 comments

4 weeks ago '16        #2
Quinn 
Props total: 7343 7 K  Slaps total: 1706 1 K
“User reported outages”

/thread
+6   

4 weeks ago '14        #3
LocdUpProd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 13717 13 K  Slaps total: 1818 1 K
 Quinn said
“User reported outages”

/thread
They probably report the Tuesday weekly maintenance steam has

+4   

4 weeks ago '20        #4
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25011 25 K  Slaps total: 6121 6 K
not surprising, live is down every other week

4 weeks ago '05        #5
TonyCartagena 
Props total: 58966 58 K  Slaps total: 9895 9 K
+1   

4 weeks ago '21        #6
Waddup Doe  OP
Props total: 668 668  Slaps total: 90 90
 D1dnt read said
not surprising, live is down every other week
Really? I don't think either one has been down for me in well over a month or two.
+1   

4 weeks ago '16        #7
Quinn 
 LocdUpProd said

n*gga there would have been

63 XBL down again threads

and

49 lizard squad strikes again
+5   

4 weeks ago '05        #8
P-Hill 
Props total: 32487 32 K  Slaps total: 2141 2 K
Better stop poking lizard squad
+1   

4 weeks ago '14        #9
Swade009  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 19051 19 K  Slaps total: 11656 11 K
Steams down right now smh...
+1   

4 weeks ago '05        #10
Krazie 
Props total: 42976 42 K  Slaps total: 6646 6 K
 Quinn said
“User reported outages”

/thread
Sony fanboys trolling so hard they're reporting Xbox Live outages now
+3   

4 weeks ago '16        #11
Quinn 
 Krazie said
Sony fanboys trolling so hard they're reporting Xbox Live outages now
When PSN goes down they complain to m$

4 weeks ago '12        #12
Faythung  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 23294 23 K  Slaps total: 2098 2 K
 LocdUpProd said

Came in here thinking this.

4 weeks ago '17        #13
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 79997 79 K  Slaps total: 27910 27 K
Dudes in here angry at outage reports.

Learn a new skill or language man.
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #14
Essentials72 
Props total: 1949 1 K  Slaps total: 636 636
My steam has never gone down and xbox live hasn't all year luckily. Why EA struggles finding me an opponent on fifa for pc is another issue
+1   

4 weeks ago '12        #15
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 183336 183 K  Slaps total: 10701 10 K
 LocdUpProd said

Gotta be. Aside from the Weekly maintenance I don't know the last time I tried using Steam and it didn't work .

And honestly aside from the outages that everyone got hit with over the years I never really had an issue with Xbox Live and PSN.

The only client I really have an issue with is the Battle Net one, and I'm pretty sure its gonna suck a*s with millions of people flocking back to it for Diablo 2 tomorrow

It constantly tries to update itself on my system even though I have the latest version, and will even pull me out of games to say it needs to update, I update it, play some more and it pops up again
+1   

4 weeks ago '07        #16
240ka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 23905 23 K  Slaps total: 6720 6 K
Live hasnt been hacked like psn either. M$ so based

4 weeks ago '16        #17
Quinn 
 OldBusiness said
Gotta be. Aside from the Weekly maintenance I don't know the last time I tried using Steam and it didn't work .

And honestly aside from the outages that everyone got hit with over the years I never really had an issue with Xbox Live and PSN.

The only client I really have an issue with is the Battle Net one, and I'm pretty sure its gonna suck a*s with millions of people flocking back to it for Diablo 2 tomorrow

It constantly tries to update itself on my system even though I have the latest version, and will even pull me out of games to say it needs to update, I update it, play some more and it pops up again
Bnet has weekly maintenance aswell, something is up, you may wanna reinstall or check your antivirus(not a troll). ive been using BNet for years due to WoW, and hadnt had such issues, i could be lucky or you could be unfortunate.

4 weeks ago '20        #18
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25011 25 K  Slaps total: 6121 6 K
 240ka said
Live hasnt been hacked like psn either. M$ so based

and somehow still goes down more often on its own

4 weeks ago '05        #19
P-Hill 
 Essentials72 said
My steam has never gone down and xbox live hasn't all year luckily. Why EA struggles finding me an opponent on fifa for pc is another issue
You must not have been online yesterday / last night - Steam was on some sh*t last night affecting my Destiny 2 grind
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #20
Essentials72 
Props total: 1949 1 K  Slaps total: 636 636
 P-Hill said
You must not have been online yesterday / last night - Steam was on some sh*t last night affecting my Destiny 2 grind
Nah I wasn't, smoked and sat down to play then decided to watch the last kingdom. fu*king hate Alfred's wife 😤
+1   

4 weeks ago '13        #21
jrockex 
Props total: 6738 6 K  Slaps total: 609 609
where are people at that steam is down? im on that sh*t like 24 hours a day
+2   

4 weeks ago '05        #22
P-Hill 
 jrockex said
where are people at that steam is down? im on that sh*t like 24 hours a day
It was buggin out last night

+1   

4 weeks ago '14        #23
LocdUpProd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 13717 13 K  Slaps total: 1818 1 K
 P-Hill said
It was buggin out last night

You know yesterday was Tuesday right ?

4 weeks ago '10        #24
M2CEO  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12025 12 K  Slaps total: 1713 1 K
XB Live is the preferred and most popular online service, therefore it is targeted by DDoS attacks from hacker groups trying to make a name for themselves.

4 weeks ago '05        #25
P-Hill 
 LocdUpProd said
You know yesterday was Tuesday right ?
Last night was a different type of buggin out.. I've gamed on Tuesday nights before and never was it like this. @ can attest

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+23online now  23
Not DK Metcalf tryna son a GOAT Tight End Shannon Sharpe
155 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+45online now  20
Image(s) inside For the BMF watchers on BX , Apparently "Lamar" Is based on OG Layton ..
61 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-17online now  17
Image(s) inside Did Rikers do this to Bobby Shmurda?
94 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  7
Video inside Console Cheating becoming as advanced as PC Cheating
42 comments
21 hours ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy