Sep 21 - Ny dem - you should move out of New York if you don't want non citizens 2 vote

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 weeks ago '20        #1
977 page views
44 comments

Eatsumcheese  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x96
Props total: 18748 18 K  Slaps total: 3545 3 K
Sep 21 - Ny dem - you should move out of New York if you don't want non citizens 2 vote

A far-left Democratic pol wants to give non-US citizens the right to vote in New York City — and if you don’t like it, he says, you can move.

The bill by Councilman Ydanis Rodriguez (D-Washington Heights) seeks to supersede state law and give green card and work visa holders the right to vote in local elections.

“This is not about a favor, this is about taxation without representation,” Rodriguez — who came to the Big Apple from the Dominican Republican at age 18 and has been a staunch supporter of expanded rights for illegal immigrants — claimed during Monday’s hearing on the measure.

He added: “If people have a problem with this, then they should move to another town or another country that has not been built by immigrants.”

And the measure, which was debated Monday, is no pipe dream, it has the support of 34 of 51 council members, enough to be passed.
But Mayor Bill de Blasio, who in 2014 signed “sanctuary city” legislation that bars official cooperation with federal immigration authorities, signaled Friday he might issue his first veto if the bill arrives on his desk.

visit this link https://nypost.com/2021/0 .. s-vote-in-nyc/

best
worst
44 comments

4 weeks ago '05        #2
Sizzler01  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 15175 15 K  Slaps total: 5203 5 K

these are the people y'all continue to vote for....
+18   

4 weeks ago '06        #3
bigkilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 35126 35 K  Slaps total: 4944 4 K
I mean they are being taxed so I see his point.. I'd rather settle with this than having no ID to vote at all.

My issue is that people who come here with visas and etc.. is that a decent portion of them don't have much incentive to make sure what ever is passed is good for long term.

4 weeks ago '21        #4
B46610  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 5458 5 K  Slaps total: 4508 4 K
just dont allow the ones who come from sh*tholes countries to visit

4 weeks ago '18        #5
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 67629 67 K  Slaps total: 5711 5 K
Weird people going to be big mad.

4 weeks ago '04        #6
ItAlY2BkLyN 
Props total: 32555 32 K  Slaps total: 8017 8 K
I mean it's absolutely ludicrous to me to think that I could go to Mexico illegally and then expect to be able to vote for their government.

The entitlement is something else.
+17   

4 weeks ago '16        #7
MadMarlo 
Props total: 19602 19 K  Slaps total: 3939 3 K
Non citizen can mean many things

my ex's dad was a non citizen. but hes lived near DC for like 20 years.
He just applied for naturalization a few years ago..that dude been working whole time hes been here.

4 weeks ago '16        #8
Homer Pimpson 
Props total: 34919 34 K  Slaps total: 7249 7 K

4 weeks ago '04        #9
Decan45 
Props total: 6973 6 K  Slaps total: 1841 1 K
 bigkilla said
I mean they are being taxed so I see his point.. I'd rather settle with this than having no ID to vote at all.
They're being taxed (partially) under a false pretense, because they're breaking the law. That's not grounds for political empowerment. It's a stupid argument, really.

And when it comes to legal non-citizens, they're not citizens and have no obligation or duty toward anything, therefore they don't have political empowerment.
+6   

4 weeks ago '06        #10
bigkilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 35126 35 K  Slaps total: 4944 4 K
 Decan45 said
They're being taxed (partially) under a false pretense, because they're breaking the law. That's not grounds for political empowerment. It's a stupid argument, really.

And when it comes to legal non-citizens, they're not citizens and have no obligation or duty toward anything, therefore they don't have political empowerment.
To be honest the reason Ydanis wants to do this is because most of his followers are immigrants. For example he's a very big advocate for taxis but they're all immigrants so they hold no weight in elections.

4 weeks ago '10        #11
Bandito 
Props total: 39955 39 K  Slaps total: 5970 5 K
 ItAlY2BkLyN said
I mean it's absolutely ludicrous to me to think that I could go to Mexico illegally and then expect to be able to vote for their government.

Non-citizens not having the right to vote is a fairly new phenomenon. Before the early 1900's, it was a common thing. Then, with the rush of immigrants at the turn of the century, states started to make it illegal. Arkansas was the last state to pass a law in 1926. There is even a Supreme Court case (Minor v. Happersett) which found non-citizens voting is constitutional and being a citizen is not a requirement to the right to vote. It wasn't until 1996 that it was made illegal for them to vote in federal elections.

The federal and state laws don't prohibit local jurisdictions from allowing them to vote in local elections. San Francisco allows non-citizens to vote in school board elections for example.
+4   

4 weeks ago '21        #12
Aztec King 
Props total: 3712 3 K  Slaps total: 1064 1 K
Should give felons the right to vote first,
+6   

4 weeks ago '20        #13
Bateman 
Props total: 18175 18 K  Slaps total: 1598 1 K
Can’t figure out whose dumber

Far left progressives or Far right conservatives
+3   

4 weeks ago '21        #14
King856 
Props total: 11043 11 K  Slaps total: 4578 4 K
 Bateman said
Can’t figure out whose dumber

Far left progressives or Far right conservatives

Equally as dumb. Just opposite ends
+1   

4 weeks ago '14        #15
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 151852 151 K  Slaps total: 34924 34 K
 ItAlY2BkLyN said

what if you were taxes in mexico for a considerable amount of time..

4 weeks ago '16        #16
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x50
Props total: 110940 110 K  Slaps total: 21824 21 K
evidence a vote is a permission slip for your genocide

4 weeks ago '04        #17
x Tha Arkitek x  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 20187 20 K  Slaps total: 2830 2 K
These people....

4 weeks ago '12        #18
TheConnect  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 15417 15 K  Slaps total: 1179 1 K
A controversy attended the 2014 hiring by Department of Design and Construction Commissioner Feniosky Pena-Mora of the wife of Rodríguez, Christina Melendez, as a special a*sistant to with a $150,000-a-year salary.

Employees at the DDC twice complained in writing to Mayor Bill de Blasio that the commissioner was engaging in patronage and hiring "cronies". The commissioner and Rodriguez had a prior relationship, inasmuch as in 2012 when the commissioner was threatened with removal as Dean at Columbia University's engineering school, Rodriguez had led a campaign to keep the commissioner in his job. Rodríguez's wife did not have a background in either engineering or architecture (areas a*sociated with the DDC), but her new position with the DDC position paid her $48,000 more than her prior position did.[24]

In February 2016, residents of his district expressed unhappiness with Rodriguez's a*sertion that he needed to be paid at least $175,000 to support his family, rather than the then-current base salary of $112,500, which was already being raised 32% to $148,500. The median household income was $39,500 in Rodriguez's district at the time.

In 2016, Rodríguez sponsored a bill that was signed into law that eliminated the requirement that New York City taxi drivers take an English proficiency exam.

$112,500 isn't enough to feed this "man of the people's" family
+1   

4 weeks ago '20        #19
POWER RAPS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 22796 22 K  Slaps total: 1812 1 K
 bigkilla said
To be honest the reason Ydanis wants to do this is because most of his followers are immigrants. For example he's a very big advocate for taxis but they're all immigrants so they hold no weight in elections.
This and allowing gentrifiers to plan luxury buildings in the heights is pushing Dominicans out

4 weeks ago '04        #20
ItAlY2BkLyN 
 Bandito said
Non-citizens not having the right to vote is a fairly new phenomenon. Before the early 1900's, it was a common thing. Then, with the rush of immigrants at the turn of the century, states started to make it illegal. Arkansas was the last state to pass a law in 1926. There is even a Supreme Court case (Minor v. Happersett) which found non-citizens voting is constitutional and being a citizen is not a requirement to the right to vote. It wasn't until 1996 that it was made illegal for them to vote in federal elections.

The federal and state laws don't prohibit local jurisdictions from allowing them to vote in local elections. San Francisco allows non-citizens to vote in school board elections for example.
yea that's just asinine to me. I won't how many other countries allow non-citizens to vote in their elections?

4 weeks ago '04        #21
ItAlY2BkLyN 
 strungout said
what if you were taxes in mexico for a considerable amount of time..
I still think that you should only be allowed to vote in the country of citizenship. If I wanted to become a Mexican citizen, then I'd say I should be able to vote. But IMO, you pay taxes where you do your business. It's the "tax" of doing business there. International tax law is a whole other discussion though.
+2   

4 weeks ago '15        #22
Spawn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 74560 74 K  Slaps total: 6838 6 K
 ItAlY2BkLyN said

The bill by Councilman Ydanis Rodriguez (D-Washington Heights) seeks to supersede state law and give green card and work visa holders the right to vote in local elections.
Reading is fundamental.

But foolish of me to think comprehension of text would supersede people being fake mad on the internet.

4 weeks ago '15        #23
Spawn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 74560 74 K  Slaps total: 6838 6 K
And the sad thing is this idiot's post is the most propped in this thread.

If you have a green card/visa you aren't in a country illegally.

And Mexico isn't a local election. This site is brimming with pure bred idiots I swear, just a bunch of uncultured pale d*ckheads.
+2   

4 weeks ago '06        #24
imthatinfamous  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30203 30 K  Slaps total: 8770 8 K
Does he even have the right to vote?

4 weeks ago '07        #25
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x59
Props total: 91259 91 K  Slaps total: 11109 11 K
 Decan45 said

dude, so nice of you to take time away from designing smart technology sweatshops to grace us with your white nationalist drivel
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  30
Article inside Btc 100k++ coming
153 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+48online now  22
Image(s) inside For the BMF watchers on BX , Apparently "Lamar" Is based on OG Layton ..
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+31online now  22
Y'all Called It, Shuri is Definitely Not Black Panther Now
179 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  16
Hassan Campbell Responds To FBG Ducks Mother...."Duck Is Burning In Hell Right..
183 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy