Ford Bronco Sport, Mustang Mach-E Win J.D. Power APEAL Award Honors

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

4 weeks ago '04        #1
1363 page views
21 comments

jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x49
Props total: 18573 18 K  Slaps total: 1978 1 K
Ford Bronco Sport, Mustang Mach-E Win J.D. Power APEAL Award Honors

For more than 40 years, J.D. Powers and a*sociates has run an ever-increasing number of studies that compare new car attitudes, new-car realities, and other vehicle-related issues.

One of the more significant surveys is the APEAL Study. Now in its 26th year, the APEAL study measures vehicle owners' emotional attachment and the level of excitement across 37 attributes. The study measures the applicable attributes ranging from the power drivers feel when they punch the accelerator to the sense of comfort and luxury when climbing into the driver's seat.

While two Ford models, the Bronco Sport and the Mustang Mach-E have earned top honors from J.D. Power and it APEAL award, Subaru was shutout of the honors, according to my colleague Denis Flierli.

The all-new Ford Bronco Sport and the Mustang Mach-E earned the top spots in their respective segments in the J.D. Power 2021 APEAL Study. The Bronco Sport took first place in the Small SUV category, while the Mustang Mach-E earned the top spot as Compact SUV.

Both models beat the competition in their segments in nearly every category, from exterior to power train to driving comfort. The study also noted that most Ford models match or exceed their segment averages.

Chris Brewer, executive director of quality, Ford Motor Co., said, in describing the vehicles that led the APEAL Survey: "Ford very much believes in listening to its customers. These vehicles were created to delight and impress them every time they get behind the wheel."

Brewer concluded that the automaker was "honored by this award. It tells us we're delivering on their wants and needs."

One of the metrics for which Ford was honored was the youth of its audience. The automaker has one of the youngest audiences in the industry. The average age of its customers is 1.5 years younger than the industry average. The average mass-market age is 3.1 years older than the Ford metrics.

In addition, the APEAL Survey showed the Ford brand had improved by five index points. The survey showed that the automaker had maintained its historic lead over the mass market average. The survey judges noted that the brand score was helped by the company's emphasis on higher-performing vehicles like the Ford Super Duty pickup, the F-150 pickup, and the Bronco Sport, as well as the Mustang Mach-E.

Marc Stern has been an automotive writer since 1971 when an otherwise normal news editor said, "You're our new car editor," and dumped about 27 pounds of auto stuff on my desk. I was in heaven as I have been a gearhead from my early days. As a teen, I spent the usual number of misspent hours hanging out at gas stations Shell and Texaco (a big thing in my youth) and working on cars. From there on, it was a straight line to my first column for the paper, "You Auto Know," an enterprise that I handled faithfully for 32 years. Not many people know that I also handled computer documentation for a good part of my living while writing YAN. My best writing, though, was always in cars. My work has appeared in Popular Mechanics, Mechanix Illustrated, AutoWeek, SuperStock, Trailer Life, Old Cars Weekly, Special Interest Autos, and others.

visit this link https://www.torquenews.co .. l-award-honors
+2   

best
worst
21 comments

4 weeks ago '17        #2
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 182641 182 K  Slaps total: 13238 13 K
I saw a Mach-E and it's a nice looking vehicle. The proportions and size are just right for most people. Name still sucks though. It should've just been Mach-E rather than having the Mustang name attached.
+6   

4 weeks ago '06        #3
Im Yo Pusha 
Props total: 836 836  Slaps total: 13 13
Just copped a Bronco Sport last month. Interior and exterior are pretty solid looks wise, but I feel like they skimped on the tech a bit and the mpg isn’t as great as I would expect for a 3-cylinder. That being said, I still think it stacks up well against other vehicles in its class.
+3   

4 weeks ago '04        #4
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 37679 37 K  Slaps total: 2838 2 K
Never heard of a three cylinder vehicle
+8   

4 weeks ago '04        #5
jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x49 OP
 Im Yo Pusha said
Just copped a Bronco Sport last month. Interior and exterior are pretty solid looks wise, but I feel like they skimped on the tech a bit and the mpg isnít as great as I would expect for a 3-cylinder. That being said, I still think it stacks up well against other vehicles in its class.
Mine just got delivered this morning Iím thinking about flipping it since I can get 15k more than what I paid or I might wait and just trade it in for a 2022. But I think you wrong on the tech a lot of sh*t come standard that you got to pay extra for on a Jeep.

+9   

4 weeks ago '19        #6
OaklandSmokin 
Props total: 4940 4 K  Slaps total: 311 311
Was hyped about the Bronco until I saw it in person.

Both cars are kinda eh...
+3   

4 weeks ago '18        #7
BlackjesuS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8763 8 K  Slaps total: 1899 1 K
 NAKHI ALLAH said

3 bodies in the car this sh*t sluggish...cut the ac off is like flipping the red switch...outgrew the backseat in like 7th grade
+3   

4 weeks ago '18        #8
 jlandryst said
Mine just got delivered this morning Iím thinking about flipping it since I can get 15k more than what I paid or I might wait and just trade it in for a 2022. But I think you wrong on the tech a lot of sh*t come standard that you got to pay extra for on a Jeep.

Gone before the first fill up
+2   

4 weeks ago '04        #9
 BlackjesuS said
Gone before the first fill up
What??

4 weeks ago '18        #10
 jlandryst said
What??
Sell that sh*t
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #11
 BlackjesuS said
Sell that sh*t
I would but itís so hard to get a new car now dealerships are barebones I had to get this delivered from 5 hours away because the dealership by me didnít have any. Now you have to be ordering cars because of the chip shortage and wait 3-4 months if there is no delay. They even shipping Honda Civics with one key because of the shortage.
+3   

4 weeks ago '15        #12
naledgestate 
Props total: 32230 32 K  Slaps total: 2741 2 K
+1   

4 weeks ago '17        #13
 NAKHI ALLAH said
They've been around for a long time but were only found in Europe and Japan until recently. Ford just started using that turbo 3 to beat emissions regulations. BMW used one in the i8.
+3   

4 weeks ago '17        #14
 BlackjesuS said

3 bodies in the car this sh*t sluggish...cut the ac off is like flipping the red switch...outgrew the backseat in like 7th grade
Me and 3 other friends had to walk up Newport Bridge right in the middle of winter because my friend's Metro couldn't make it up it with us in it. It was dumb cold and windy that night too.
+1   

4 weeks ago '17        #15
 jlandryst said

I'd flip it.
+2   

4 weeks ago '04        #16
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 37679 37 K  Slaps total: 2838 2 K
I had a metro always thought it was four cylinder drove from san Diego to philly in it.
That thing sipped ⛽

4 weeks ago '04        #17
 Naga Sadow said
I'd flip it.
Replacing it with another new car would be too hard like I said before dealerships got like one or 3 cars on the lot and the ones they got they have a markup on them. Thatís why i would be getting so much trading this one in because of the way the market is.
It took me two months to get this one I had to put a deposit on it before it even got to the dealership. Thatís how people buying cars either they looking at whatís coming and buying off the truck or ordering and waiting 3-6 months for it to get built and hope it donít get delayed by not having a chip for it.
+1   

4 weeks ago '15        #18
mwtx  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24972 24 K  Slaps total: 4078 4 K
Broncos are s*xy, but I saw one the other day and they’re way smaller than I thought.

4 weeks ago '14        #19
freezetag 
Props total: 22436 22 K  Slaps total: 1905 1 K
 OaklandSmokin said
Was hyped about the Bronco until I saw it in person.

Both cars are kinda eh...
Them joints a*s. Lol

Guess I gotta wait until the big boy trim come out bc that sport one ainít it.

4 weeks ago '17        #20
Timmy 
Props total: 358 358  Slaps total: 24 24
A little bit bigger, but I just got the palisade. Nicest car I have ever had and I've had Lexus and Infiniti.
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #21
Aesop730 
Props total: 22152 22 K  Slaps total: 2365 2 K
That Mach is a cold.

4 weeks ago '19        #22
OaklandSmokin 
Props total: 4940 4 K  Slaps total: 311 311
 BlackjesuS said

I smashed a bad one in the back seat of one of these. I dont know how it worked but man was the pu**y fire
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+124online now  31
These Historical figures brought so much joy to the black community
327 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  22
Video inside LmaoÖ.26 y/o still living at home trying to manifest a million dollar h..
279 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+200online now  21
Image(s) inside Finished my C8 Corvette Build
83 comments
2 days ago
@rides
most viewed right now
+283online now  15
Canít believe Floyd actually did this to Canelo. 😵😵&#..
252 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy