RIP AJ Johnson but what's taking Cube so long to make Friday?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

1 month ago '19        #1
751 page views
36 comments

Free my soul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 26342 26 K  Slaps total: 8759 8 K
RIP AJ Johnson but what's taking Cube so long to make Friday?

Jordan Peele made Get out with 4.5 million dollars, The invisible man was made with 7 Million budget, MA with Octavia Spencer was only 5 Million budget. Friday never been more than a baby a*s weak explosion and some gunshots here and there. No digital editing, no expensive cars being destroyed, no tanks being used, just simple camerawork. Change the name to something else and fund it yourself image n*ggas be preaching that do for self NOI sh*t but wait on the white man to fund a movie that's gonna be cheap to produce image

best
worst
36 comments

1 month ago '07        #2
killacar 
Props total: 18665 18 K  Slaps total: 1172 1 K
It's owned by New Line Cinema, they gotta sign off to whatever he does
+13   

1 month ago '19        #3
Free my soul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22 OP
 killacar said
Change the name n*gga, its not that hard.

1 month ago '07        #4
kuntree_swagger 
Props total: 3105 3 K  Slaps total: 255 255
Half the cast are major stars now.. they definitely gone want bread… best bet is to do a prequel… with younger unknown actors to keep the money down….
+5   

1 month ago '06        #5
DonYBE 
Props total: 20147 20 K  Slaps total: 1907 1 K
 kuntree_swagger said
Half the cast are major stars now.. they definitely gone want bread… best bet is to do a prequel… with younger unknown actors to keep the money down….
Don't wanna see a prequel.

No one can pull off a Pops, Deebo, and Ezell, like the originals.

The Friday movie died when Pops died IMO.

Definitely won't be the same so just leave it alone.
+17   

1 month ago '19        #6
 kuntree_swagger said
Thats like a 2-3 million to cast them all so 7-8 million total

1 month ago '07        #7
kuntree_swagger 
 DonYBE said

You can… to be honest.. since cube and spoon both had sons who look almost identical to them, they can easily play younger versions of themselves… and spoons son sounds just like him …. Don’t have to much screen time, just a few hood lines.. because pops didn’t have that much screen time in the first 3, just good memorable lines…

1 month ago '07        #8
kuntree_swagger 
 Free my soul said
Thats like a 2-3 million to cast them all so 7-8 million total
Depending how many main stars you need… everyone won’t get the same salary… you can easily offer 700k-900k for some roles and money on the back end … if you contract them right

1 month ago '13        #9
GHova315  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 5745 5 K  Slaps total: 859 859
 Free my soul said
Jordan Peele made Get out with 4.5 million dollars, The invisible man was made with 7 Million budget, MA with Octavia Spencer was only 5 Million budget. Friday never been more than a baby a*s weak explosion and some gunshots here and there. No digital editing, no expensive cars being destroyed, no tanks being used, just simple camerawork. Change the name to something else and fund it yourself n*ggas be preaching that do for self NOI sh*t but wait on the white man to fund a movie that's gonna be cheap to produce
STFU, you don't know what obstacles he has to go through to get the movie made. Plus, he has to live up to higher expectations so idiots like you wont come on bx and trash the movie. You dont know how a script is made, a cast is put together. Just site at your computer an shut up

1 month ago '19        #10
 GHova315 said
STFU, you don't know what obstacles he has to go through to get the movie made. Plus, he has to live up to higher expectations so idiots like you wont come on bx and trash the movie. You dont know how a script is made, a cast is put together. Just site at your computer an shut up
He said the script is done d*ckhead

1 month ago '16        #11
castroThirteen 
Props total: 18286 18 K  Slaps total: 2723 2 K
He doesn't own it. Waiting on studio to greenlight..

Should've just wrote something new and casted the same people. And filmed it himself.
+1   

1 month ago '06        #12
DonYBE 
 kuntree_swagger said
You can… to be honest.. since cube and spoon both had sons who look almost identical to them, they can easily play younger versions of themselves… and spoons son sounds just like him …. Don’t have to much screen time, just a few hood lines.. because pops didn’t have that much screen time in the first 3, just good memorable lines…
Just because they look like them, doesn't mean they ARE them. Someone like Pops may have been a supporting character but he did bring a certain presence in a movie that cannot be duplicated.

Pops has a quotables in every movie and is not because of the script, it's because of the comedic timing and delivery that he has. Some movie can pull off a recast/prequel with some characters, but Pops is one person that can't be recast or have someone play him in a prequel for.
+1   

1 month ago '20        #13
MrDarkCloud  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 22456 22 K  Slaps total: 4309 4 K
 GHova315 said
Damn. Why all this hostility?

1 month ago '20        #14
rapper10  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 9042 9 K  Slaps total: 12818 12 K
 kuntree_swagger said
stop it. them n*ggas ain't getting no major hollywood roles and even netflix, cable tv show and been hired for comdey skits online.

2. they not even making show money like that. they take all the bread they can get.

Don 'D.C.' Curry

they can replace chris tucker with young dc fly.

terry crews. if he is not up to it. they could replace him with big jah from them all def digital and instagram skits.

fazion love

Regina King

ms parker

paula jai parker

Clifton Powell

Tamala Jones

Kym Whitley

Sticky Fingaz

Amy Hill

The Lady of Rage

Michael Blackson

K. D. Aubert

most of these actors besides mike epps are not turning down 500,000 or 1 million. only the big names ones probably would want 2 million. and ice cube bread is long enough to fund that.

2. master p got like 80% of the orginal cast from all 3 fridays. and his money is not as long as ice cube. and that was a hood film with indie distubtion. so i know ice cube can fund it.

1 month ago '20        #15
 Free my soul said
thank you. its not that hard to make a spinoff. legendary record producer dj pooh or the light skin n*gga who got his chain took.

made a classic hood spin off. with dee ray and lil duvalle and about 40% of the friday cast. he produced the first one.

and master p damn near made a last friday with i got the hook up 2. n*ggas said it was trash but then after deebo died and the john witherspoon said it was a classic. i knew it was not wack because it was teh number 1 indie film in america. and if the internet hates it. then that means its actually good.

1 month ago '07        #16
kuntree_swagger 
 rapper10 said
stop it. them n*ggas ain't getting no major hollywood roles and even netflix, cable tv show and been hired for comdey skits online.

2. they not even making show money like that. they take all the bread they can get.

Don 'D.C.' Curry

they can replace chris tucker with young dc fly.

terry crews. if he is not up to it. they could replace him with big jah from them all def digital and instagram skits.

fazion love

Regina King

ms parker

paula jai parker

Clifton Powell

Tamala Jones

Kym Whitley

Sticky Fingaz

Amy Hill

The Lady of Rage

Michael Blackson

K. D. Aubert

most of these actors besides mike epps are not turning down 500,000 or 1 million. only the big names ones probably would want 2 million. and ice cube bread is long enough to fund that.

2. master p got like 80% of the orginal cast from all 3 fridays. and his money is not as long as ice cube. and that was a hood film with indie distubtion. so i know ice cube can fund it.
You literally named all the sub characters… we talking the big stars…

Cube
Epps
Tucker
All three of them are way bigger now than back then…

Hell even Regina king is a Oscar nominated director and actor…

Get the core is of what Friday is based on
Craig/ Smokey or Craig/day day will cost you money… they know the numbers, they know what it cost and how much it would gross… they definitely wouldn’t do it for pennies

1 month ago '20        #17
 killacar said
no they don't he can go indie or he can change the name. or hired cast from all 3 fridays. and name it a different name. or do a preuel or sequel.

there been so many martin and fresh prince ripoffs during the 90s. and ripoffs of boyz in the hood and mence to soicety.

sh*t i think irv gotti did a sequel with the same cast of mence to soicety and boyz in the hood for his first season of tales. man them og actors are so talented.

1 month ago '20        #18
 Free my soul said
Jordan Peele made Get out with 4.5 million dollars, The invisible man was made with 7 Million budget, MA with Octavia Spencer was only 5 Million budget. Friday never been more than a baby a*s weak explosion and some gunshots here and there. No digital editing, no expensive cars being destroyed, no tanks being used, just simple camerawork. Change the name to something else and fund it yourself n*ggas be preaching that do for self NOI sh*t but wait on the white man to fund a movie that's gonna be cheap to produce
so when i said this when the half the orginal cast start dying and ice cube became trump supporter and uncle tom.

yaw hated me and wanted me banned and jump on the kwame brown and trump bandwagon.

sh*t even john witherspoon,terry crews, AJ JOHNSON, and other friday cast members said the same thang.

sh*t you write master p bread is not as big as ice cube and he made a i got the hook up 2. aka a friday sequel and it got 80% of the orginal cast.

including tiny lester

and john witherspoon

and others that the internet and black folks sh*tty on calling them washed up and downing master p for making a hood classic.

now after about 50% more of the orginal cast are dead. everybody loving it. and saying movie was 5 stars.

black folks are demonic. i swear. so when they were alive the movie was wack and it was not worth a purchase after about 4 main cast members died. it was a classic and support black businesses.

1 month ago '09        #19
WasabiTuna 
Props total: 14580 14 K  Slaps total: 1843 1 K
 kuntree_swagger said
Who’s a major star?

Regina King, ice cube, terry crews
+1   

1 month ago '04        #20
ROD 
Props total: 42861 42 K  Slaps total: 782 782
RIP - My condolences and prayers to his family
+1   

1 month ago '20        #21
 DonYBE said

true. but stop it bruh. nobody thought they could recapture the magic of the jamie fox show. or coming to america 2. and oter hood classics and they did.

@. i really be feeling like boxden be on some white supremecy vibes.

like yaw never be saying that about white and asian and non black films.

2. like if i remember deebo was not in friday after next or ezell and it was still a classic. terry crews cannot replace him. but he did a good job playing the bully role. and deebo role.

3. clifton powell and katt willaims made the friday after nextmovie extra funny and awsome without chris tucker and orginal cast.

friday after next cast

Cast

Ice Cube as Craig Jones
Mike Epps as Day-Day Jones/"Crazy Old Man with Shotgun"
John Witherspoon as Willie Jones
Don "D.C." Curry as Elroy Jones
Anna Maria Horsford as Betty Jones
Clifton Powell as Pinky
Terry Crews as Damon Pearly
Katt Williams as Money Mike
Sommore as Cookie
K. D. Aubert as Donna
Maz Jobrani as Moly
Joel McKinnon Miller as Officer Alvin Hole
Reggie Gaskins as Officer Brian Dix
Brian Stepanek as Officer #3
Rickey Smiley as Santa Claus

now ice cube is even 100 times richer now. so he got the bread to add the orginal cast and next friday cast. and even funnier soical media black comdeies who will work for pennies. like master p did.

i got the hook up 2 looked awsome. and it was the number 1 indie film in america. so i know if ice cube makes a final friday. it would do numbers.

1 month ago '04        #22
Vince McMahon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 37106 37 K  Slaps total: 956 956
r.i.p.

Cube mentioned after Pops and Debo died that New Line won't green light the script.

1 month ago '20        #23
 kuntree_swagger said
You literally named all the sub characters… we talking the big stars…

Cube
Epps
Tucker
All three of them are way bigger now than back then…

Hell even Regina king is a Oscar nominated director and actor…

Get the core is of what Friday is based on
Craig/ Smokey or Craig/day day will cost you money… they know the numbers, they know what it cost and how much it would gross… they definitely wouldn’t do it for pennies
chis tucker LOL! n*gga doing house shows and peforming stand up comdey

and dude ain't had a major hollywood film since rush hour 3 or cameo since 2016.

you right. but they are not getting and cannot ask for no 15 million or 20 million.

chris tucker is deep in debt to the irs. and doing comdey clubs and tours.

he will not turn down 6 million or 5 million. and if he does he is easly replaceable now. next friday and friday after next all had success without him and nia long.

2. as long as they get majority of the next friday and friday after next cast. they still can prodouced a classic and box office success.

3.fazion love,dj pooh,mrs parker, joi or hoochie mama,nia long,felisha is enough from the orginal cast. and they are would take pennies. except nia long and mike epps.
+1   

1 month ago '13        #24
PBC 
Props total: 10840 10 K  Slaps total: 1449 1 K
 Free my soul said
Then it ain’t Friday….. and I don’t think he can just use the same characters with out being sued…

If somehow they do pull it off it would need to be like a family reunion type of deal or something… maybe have Craig return back home for the funeral for pops

1 month ago '06        #25
DonYBE 
 rapper10 said
true. but stop it bruh. nobody thought they could recapture the magic of the jamie fox show. or coming to america 2. and oter hood classics and they did.

@. i really be feeling like boxden be on some white supremecy vibes.

like yaw never be saying that about white and asian and non black films.

2. like if i remember deebo was not in friday after next or ezell and it was still a classic. terry crews cannot replace him. but he did a good job playing the bully role. and deebo role.

3. clifton powell and katt willaims made the friday after nextmovie extra funny and awsome without chris tucker and orginal cast.

friday after next cast

Cast

Ice Cube as Craig Jones
Mike Epps as Day-Day Jones/"Crazy Old Man with Shotgun"
John Witherspoon as Willie Jones
Don "D.C." Curry as Elroy Jones
Anna Maria Horsford as Betty Jones
Clifton Powell as Pinky
Terry Crews as Damon Pearly
Katt Williams as Money Mike
Sommore as Cookie
K. D. Aubert as Donna
Maz Jobrani as Moly
Joel McKinnon Miller as Officer Alvin Hole
Reggie Gaskins as Officer Brian Dix
Brian Stepanek as Officer #3
Rickey Smiley as Santa Claus

now ice cube is even 100 times richer now. so he got the bread to add the orginal cast and next friday cast. and even funnier soical media black comdeies who will work for pennies. like master p did.

i got the hook up 2 looked awsome. and it was the number 1 indie film in america. so i know if ice cube makes a final friday. it would do numbers.
You're right, no one thought Jamie Foxx Show would be a hit, but it was. Coming to America 1988 came at a point when Eddie Murphy was red hot, but you're right. No one knew it would be a classic. It was the chemistry of the cast.

I don't know what you are talking about non black films. There's been numerous threads in BX past about how they shouldn't remake, make sequels, or prequels to classic movies.

The common denominator with all 3 Friday movies was Ice Cube and John Witherspoon. As much as we enjoyed the sequels, but if you took away Pops from the sequels, I'm sorry it wouldn't have felt the same. The same can be said for him on The Wayans Bros. as well.

Cube can get all of the other characters for a Last Friday movie, but it certainly won't have the same feel without Pops.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  50
Video inside Bill Maher pushes back on criticism of Chappelle: 'What the f--- was th..
73 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+30online now  20
On-Foot Looks // KAWS x sacai x Nike Blazer Low
38 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  18
Image(s) inside Oct 22 - Man Accused Of k*lling A 31-Yr-Old Sitting In A Car In Front ..
77 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+53online now  17
Image(s) inside Shiba Inu new All Time High
338 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy