Nas, Pusha T & Others Invest $5M In Audius Streaming Platform Aim To Rival Spotify

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+32  129
278 replies  @news

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 month ago '12        #1
1088 page views
27 comments

kej718 
Props total: 10389 10 K  Slaps total: 676 676
Nas, Pusha T & Others Invest $5M In Audius Streaming Platform Aim To Rival Spotify

Nas, Pusha T, and other music industry players are investing huge sums into a new streaming platform that is projected to be the next big thing.

The market is fully saturated with a variety of music streaming platforms to choose from, but there is still room for more. A number of artists, artist managers, and label executives have become major investors in the up-and-coming platform called Audius, which is set to rival Spotify. Nas and Pusha T are among a group of $5 million investors said to be announced later today. Audius is a streaming service that was founded in 2018 that is built on blockchain, which is the same technology that supports the increasingly popular NFTs.

While the service is currently free to use, executives expect to diversify the business model amid their investment campaign that includes a host of famous names. The likes of Katy Perry, Nas, The Chainsmokers, Pusha T, Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park, Jason Derulo, and more are ahead of the curve with the investment opportunity. Audius has a much more extensive investor list than this, however, as it has backing from Martin Bandier, former Sony/ATV Music Publishing CEO, Madonna, Frank Ocean, Calvin Harris’ manager Mark Gillespie, U2’s manager Guy Oseary and a lot more.

Audius has already received rave reviews for setting itself apart from other platforms for its revenue benefits. Similar to TIDAL, the platform allows stakeholders the opportunity to have ownership which is something Nas was excited to point out in a recent statement about the service. “I believe [blockchains] might be the most important technology to ever hit the music industry,” the rapper said in a statement. “Everyone who uploads to Audius can be an owner. You can’t say that about any other platform.”

Additionally, the blockchain technology that Audius is built on will allow artists to get paid much faster when their music is streamed, as in real-time. 90% of earnings from monetized streams will reportedly go to artists in real-time, while the 10% residue will go to the community that makes the streaming service work. Bandier, who is a veteran music executive, was very excited about this prospect when he spoke to Rolling Stone. “Blockchain, which I understand to be a transparent and immutable ledger of transactions, should benefit songwriters and other creators in a way beyond what the current system permits,” he said. “Songwriters need more avenues for revenue, and this model should also help expedite payments for their music as it streams across the world.”

The former head of Sony/ATV Music Publishing also explained that it’s “not simply a Spotify 2.0” in a way that suggests that it will give the popular platform a run for its money, literally. “Streaming is just one small, albeit meaningful, part of its business model,” he continued. “The blockchain is enabling entirely new revenue streams for artists and creators, like NFTs, social currency, and curation. Audius is not only using the blockchain to add potentially significant revenue streams for artists, but it also allows them to cooperatively own the platform itself.”

Essentially, everyone who signs up for the streaming service has a crypto wallet created for their account, which Browning says affords boundless opportunities. “That enables us to build some really cool crypto features the mainstream is talking about — NFTs, etc — without all the extremely complex process of downloading and setting up extra apps,” he says.

Audius, which currently boasts over 6 million subscribers and counting, also recently became the first music streaming platform to strike a deal with popular social media network TikTok. Co-founder and chief product officer Forrest Browning says the platform will likely keep its “free-to-use aspect” while “layering in paid offerings that perhaps let artists monetize their superfans in unique ways.” He adds that this year alone has proven that “even a small percentage of your audience paying you directly can have a meaningful impact on your revenue and help grow the pie for everyone.”
+7   

best
worst
27 comments

1 month ago '14        #2
s550benz 
Props total: 4797 4 K  Slaps total: 1265 1 K
Do you guys buy your bongs from the dispensary too?
+2   

1 month ago '18        #3
TheLuminousOne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 45976 45 K  Slaps total: 2544 2 K
I hop from free trial to free trial.

Had Spotify last month Apple Music this month tidal next month rinse and repeat.
+5   

1 month ago '18        #4
The3 
Props total: 10467 10 K  Slaps total: 1730 1 K
Audius Up to 5M Monthly Users

1 month ago '05        #5
Rockstar718 
Props total: 34697 34 K  Slaps total: 2910 2 K
I'll support because I rather support the artists rather than the corps behind them.

If this truly is better for them I'll support it.

Once most artists gave up their tidal share I knew I was only gonna stay on until they had something better

1 month ago '17        #6
YeahSo 
Props total: 1949 1 K  Slaps total: 306 306
This is going to be more for fans of specific artists to get exclusive content like STEMs for remixes.

Their content is only streaming in 320kbps. That’s pretty good for free, but even Apple Music and Spotify have lossless streaming now.
+4   

1 month ago '21        #7
nocomment  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7675 7 K  Slaps total: 1318 1 K
I been watching, this in the hip hop section with no sources, I'll wait

Last edited by nocomment; 09-19-2021 at 11:31 AM..
+3   

1 month ago '17        #8
Its 
Props total: 23263 23 K  Slaps total: 1915 1 K
I was tempted to buy some of them
+1   

1 month ago '11        #9
Anti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 54171 54 K  Slaps total: 4109 4 K
 s550benz said
Do you guys buy your bongs from the dispensary too?
Nah b overpriced Chinese trazzh shop online
+1   

1 month ago '13        #10
King X Riece 
Props total: 14610 14 K  Slaps total: 1660 1 K
I like the name

1 month ago '16        #11
mobchip 
Props total: 10472 10 K  Slaps total: 1341 1 K
I am over streaming things. I only listen to music in the car and I got the SiriusXM which I really like. And I am not down with using my data to stream music. Give me a service where I can go and make a playlist at home through the services catalog and I can listen via satellite in my car.

1 month ago '17        #12
Skrr 
Props total: 2647 2 K  Slaps total: 257 257
Lol another streaming platform?

If it works good for them. Getting finessed by blockchain hype
+1   

1 month ago '07        #13
iTzMe!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4000 4 K  Slaps total: 529 529
So this is like a social network for music and artist, Facebook + MySpace kinda thing ?

I have Apple Music included with my Verizon. I don’t need another music app.

Congrats to Nas, Push on this, there were a bunch of artist who invested in this as well.

Wonder how Jay feeling about this lol.

1 month ago '06        #14
DASKCREW1 
Props total: 4224 4 K  Slaps total: 835 835
I was doubting that nas will ever become a Billionaire but I'm slowly beginning to change my mind.

1 month ago '10        #15
olook up  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11060 11 K  Slaps total: 4016 4 K
 TheLuminousOne said

Had Spotify last month Apple Music this month tidal next month rinse and repeat.
Get a job.

1 month ago '07        #16
 mobchip said
I am over streaming things. I only listen to music in the car and I got the SiriusXM which I really like. And I am not down with using my data to stream music. Give me a service where I can go and make a playlist at home through the services catalog and I can listen via satellite in my car.
You might be onto something

1 month ago '04        #17
AkaiMakai 
Props total: 2199 2 K  Slaps total: 968 968
 TheLuminousOne said

Broke talk
+1   

1 month ago '04        #18
AkaiMakai 
Props total: 2199 2 K  Slaps total: 968 968
 mobchip said
More broke talk. Who doesn’t have unlimited data in 2021 anyway?

1 month ago '04        #19
Adwerdz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x63
Props total: 134627 134 K  Slaps total: 19023 19 K
 DASKCREW1 said
I was doubting that nas will ever become a Billionaire but I'm slowly beginning to change my mind.
count your own pockets

1 month ago '07        #20
It’s going to be interesting to see how this works.

“ We see ourselves extending that ethos into monetization by effectively having a network-wide streaming rate that is voted into place by the community and artists can choose to be at or below that.”

“ But if you’re an artist who’s like, ‘Well, I want to charge $100 every time someone listens to my music,’ the user interface would prompt the user when they stumble upon a track that’s monetised above that network-wide rate and say, ‘This is more expensive, are you sure you actually want to listen?’ to make that a more conscious choice.”

Who pays for this?
How does the artist get paid this fee ? (Of course $100 is a extreme scenario) but how does the platform pay ?

It will be interesting to see how this works out.

It has two things going for it. The crypto and platform as a social/music streaming/freelance/Indy artist network.

$AUDIO has real potential as a crypto, this news could catapult the price from its current $2.90 to $5 and $30 long term.

1 month ago '07        #21
 DASKCREW1 said
What!

“ NAS’ SECOND BUSINESS INVESTMENT THIS YEAR GETS ACQUIRED BY AMAZON FOR $1 BILLION”

“ Jones’ team has also invested in direct-to-consumer mattress company Casper, ticket reseller SeatGeek, digital media brand Genius and ride-sharing service Lyft, among other companies”

1 month ago '18        #22
 olook up said
Get a job.
I have a few. Get off my d*ck, you fu*king boy.

1 month ago '18        #23
 AkaiMakai said
Broke talk
The only thing broke is your back from getting it blown tf out.
+1   

1 month ago '06        #24
DASKCREW1 
 iTzMe! said
What!

“ NAS’ SECOND BUSINESS INVESTMENT THIS YEAR GETS ACQUIRED BY AMAZON FOR $1 BILLION”

“ Jones’ team has also invested in direct-to-consumer mattress company Casper, ticket reseller SeatGeek, digital media brand Genius and ride-sharing service Lyft, among other companies”
I am aware of that, thats part of the reason i wrote what i wrote
+1   

1 month ago '06        #25
DASKCREW1 
 Adwerdz said
count your own pockets
My pockets have nothing for me to count.

Im not sure how what i wrote is a negative thing?

Im giving him props for his grind

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+33online now  26
[Health] Magic 🍄 Chocolate 🤯
74 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  23
Image(s) inside Drop what you copping for the cold weather
31 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside Behind The Scenes Footage Shows Eddie Winslow Kissing & Grinding On Sid..
235 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-49online now  19
0nlyfans Model Breaks Down How They Can Still Be Wifey Material Even With Over..
49 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy