PC Discussion; The 3080 bots affected the market, creating a new era of Overpriced parts

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+57  83
107 replies  @wild'ish

most viewed right now
+27  67
139 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '18        #1
1054 page views
53 comments

MayneThaTruth2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 16517 16 K  Slaps total: 12841 12 K
PC Discussion; The 3080 bots affected the market, creating a new era of Overpriced parts

Did the market change once the 3080 dropped?

The 3080 was supposed to make older cards drop in price because of the card being nearly 60% more powerful than the 2080ti, with a price point almost half price as the 2080ti

The 2080ti was $1200

The Much more powerful 3080 was $700

Remember how we was laughing at people who owned 2080ti's, because the price of the these cards were predicted to plummet, and make them worth about $500. So allot of people got rid of their 2080 Ti's in a panic.

But then bots bought all the 3080's, and initially charged $1500(now the price is $2000+ most places)

This actually allowed the 2080ti, along with less powerful cards, to spike in price in ways we have never seen.

Ultimately creating a new era in overpriced components.

So now the days of buying powerful sh*t for $600 is over.

People in this new era of PC gaming, will have to shell out $3000k+ in order to get a good 4k gaming experience and even 1440p in some cases.

I didnt understand why Nvidia would charge so little for the 3080, when it was so much more powerful than the more expensive 2080 ti.

image Conspiracy: I believe Nvidia, bot-purchased their own cards, and hiked the price point to something more reasonable(based on the 2080 ti price), in a grand scheme to not lose as much money.

Ultimately, causing price spikes on every single card on the market.

I want to note that when bots purchased the 3080, Nvidia didnt do anything about it. They quickly released the 3070(a card that nobody wanted, because the more powerful 3080, was already affordable at only $700)

Nvidia knew that the 3080 was too affordable for anyone to care about the 3070.

When bots purchased the 3080, allot of consumers bought the 3070 as a consolation. I almost did, but to me it was 3080 or nothing at all.

Where are we now? The 3070, and every card weaker, is about $1000+ on allot of sites.

Discussion.

#ConsolePrejudicy #PCBreedOnly

Last edited by MayneThaTruth2; 09-18-2021 at 07:25 AM..
+4   

best
worst
53 comments

1 month ago '18        #2
MayneThaTruth2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13 OP
 ma chis mo said
I’m a member of the PCMR. This is my first pc build. The experience was fun and expensive, it was like putting together a nerd puzzle. Should have just bought a prebuilt but I wanted to do it myself.

Ryzen 9 5900x
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 TI
32 Gigs of 3600 MHz ram
2 TB Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD
250 GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVME SSD
MSI MPG x570 motherboard
Lian Li Fans and AIO

I got 3 months of gamepass with the gpu which was cool and it came bundled with a EVGA mechanical keyboard and capture device. 165hz 1440p monitor gets here this weekend.

jrockex said
looks great

which hard drive is your OS on?
 PineappleOG said
PC Master Race

bi0 said
Built my first PC at 15yrs old with money I saved up.

Props tho OP.

Could have been a millionaire at in my 20's if I didn't have a unsupportive family who thought computers were for nerds. Still ended up being the most successful person in my family even against all the odds.

infam0uskills said
might as well mine some ethereum when not using it and let the pc pay for itself after x amount of time.

but welcome to the master race.
 sigNN said
Built a pc last week with that lian li case. One of the best cases in the market right now
 MANNYSOSA said
I’m currently saving to build my trading rig. Yours looks great tho bro
 Understandable said
Welcome to the gang OP
 Soprano ATL said
Life changing decision when I bought my prebuilt a month or so ago. Not quite as nice as yours. 3070, and only 1.5 tb of NVME. 32 gigs of ram and 10th gen i9.

Modded games >>>

Finally experiencing games like New Vegas and Dragons Dogma the way they are meant to be played. In the long term, I bet you almost break even with all of the money you save on games.

Enjoy
 set117 said
I recently made a similar build but bought a few of those NVME SSDs. With that video card you're looking at around 4k. Right?
 LostTenets said
Open your mind my friend

I've been pc gaming since the early 2000s

These are the michael jordan and michael phelps of aiming

Find your groove

It is the height of competition

Let it flow
 Thegreatiandi said
Respect.

I've essentially got the same thing except I got the 3070 8gig card ( and a different case of course ).

Nothing I can't play....and VR is flawless
 Most Palone said
Congratulations and welcome to TRUE gaming in orgasmic like 120fps gaming

All you need is an hdmi 2.1 compatible Oled to go with your 3080ti

I would look into LG C9

RatchetCentral said
Good sh*t, I did a build last year but opted for less rgb.
 iDaPappy said
I see you n*gga! Damn near same builds, but using my 3080 I got last October, and I'm Noctua Gang on the fans.

Pro tip: mount your aio radiator on top as exhaust. You played around with Precision Boost 2 and Curve Optimizer in the bios yet?
 NorthNorthReppa said
Nice build man. Welcome. Now you'll only go to consoles for the exclusives and experience everything else in the highest of quality. Like some others said. Get used to FPS with keyboard and mouse. Once you lock it in, you'll never look back.
I am deeply sorry for the sloppyness of the thread. I do not know how to mention.

1 month ago '18        #3
Allot of you know how much I love watching other people play video games(hit me with yt/twitch pages, and I will subscribe 100%)

I want to do a PC challenge that obligates people to upload specific gameplay. I want to see what we can do in this thread first however.

I need to learn how to mention and I need allot more people for the roll call. Any help would be appreciated, Tnx!

1 month ago '04        #4
KURUPTION!!! 
Props total: 5340 5 K  Slaps total: 365 365
sh*t, I wanted a 3070 This sh*t is out of hand and I don't see it changing any time soon.
+3   

1 month ago '18        #5
The Console guys are so annoying and toxic, its time for permanent segregation.

I cant come here and see none of that bullshyt anymore, its driving me crazy and I dont play console.

So why should I have to endure this shat, when Im a PC gamer?

1 month ago '16        #6
Quinn 
Props total: 7426 7 K  Slaps total: 1715 1 K
buy only at retail, end of thread.

the cards are super easy to get, stop shopping from scalpers and you'll see how easy all these items are to get.

actually TRY to get them

/Thread
+1   

1 month ago '18        #7
Most Palone 
Props total: 22667 22 K  Slaps total: 1511 1 K
 Quinn said

the cards are super easy to get, stop shopping from scalpers and you'll see how easy all these items are to get.

actually TRY to get them

/Thread
I have tried multiple times to get a 3070 and once for a 3070 ti

These cards are harder to get than hyped sneakers
+4   

1 month ago '18        #8
 Quinn said

actually TRY to get them

/Thread
They are impossible to get at retail price unless you standing out in line like you hunting for Jordans.

Go on Amazon and look at those prices.
+2   

1 month ago '04        #9
infam0uskills 
Props total: 15118 15 K  Slaps total: 876 876
 Most Palone said

buy a prebuilt pc with the gpu card that you want, take out gpu once delivered.

Sell the rest of the pc brand new open box, and you'll only pay a fraction over resale. Then you can build the pc with the parts you like.
+4   

1 month ago '04        #10
KURUPTION!!! 
Props total: 5340 5 K  Slaps total: 365 365
 Quinn said

actually TRY to get them

/Thread
I'm been trying since they dropped in store and online.

1 month ago '18        #11
 infam0uskills said

Sell the rest of the pc brand new open box, and you'll only pay a fraction over resale. Then you can build the pc with the parts you like.
It aint even worth it at this point. I copped a 2080 super for $700, and I was very impressed with the performance.

I still felt I wasted my money because of the 3080 release.

But I couldnt land a 3080, then the price of the 2080 super spiked to $1200.

Made me feel grateful for my card because I was already blown away by the performance.

You know pc gamers are greedy, and always thirsting for more power.

I began to reflect on my greed, and how I didnt need a 3080.

I only wanted it because of the price point. But then my fool a*s was about to pay $1300 for a hiked 3080.

At the finish line, I changed my mind and grew content with my already powerful card.

1 month ago '18        #12
Most Palone 
 infam0uskills said

I want a founders edition not one of those fisher price looking rgb flamboyant cards like evga

1 month ago '18        #13
 Most Palone said
I want a founders edition not one of those fisher price looking rgb flamboyant cards like evga
Lol Not the time to be nitpicky they so hard to find.

When I was shopping Idgaf, I needed that graphical power over anything.

You aint gonna ever find one looking for specifics brodie Lol

1 month ago '19        #14
cnbftbgb 
Props total: 3670 3 K  Slaps total: 65 65
I can see that being the catalyst. This last year was the perfect storm of fu*kery. Covid causing slowdown in production and shortage of chipsets, then I think we got another bump in prices due to tariff changes between US and China.

But yeah...unfortunately I think this might be the new norm. GPUs and CPUs are the new Js

+1   

1 month ago '16        #15
Quinn 
 Most Palone said

MayneThaTruth2 said
They are impossible to get at retail price unless you standing out in line like you hunting for Jordans.

Go on Amazon and look at those prices.
 KURUPTION!!! said
I'm been trying since they dropped in store and online.
i had 2 3080's, 2 5950x, and 2 ps5s

they are still super easy to get, you guys simply arent trying

all the stores have online drops weekly

we even helped other people get them online.

Stop watching resellers, and focus on staying vigilant, either you put in the work or you dont deserve it

/Thread

1 month ago '18        #16
Most Palone 
 MayneThaTruth2 said
Lol Not the time to be nitpicky they so hard to find.

When I was shopping Idgaf, I needed that graphical power over anything.

You aint gonna ever find one looking for specifics brodie Lol
I only rock FE cards so oh well guess Ill wait for Lovelace
+1   

1 month ago '18        #17
 Quinn said
i had 2 3080's, 2 5950x, and 2 ps5s

they are still super easy to get, you guys simply arent trying

all the stores have online drops weekly

we even helped other people get them online.

Stop watching resellers, and focus on staying vigilant, either you put in the work or you dont deserve it

/Thread
That dont sound easy at all. If I go on Amazon right now, its nothing but spiked prices.

Im not talking about "going and searching for ways to get a 3080". Im talking about just going to a website right now, and seeing these products listed at retail price.

Not spiked prices.

Their is no website that you can just go to and cop one with a simple click for $700.

The entire market is affected. All the older lesser cards have spiked as well

1 month ago '18        #18
 cnbftbgb said
I can see that being the catalyst. This last year was the perfect storm of fu*kery. Covid causing slowdown in production and shortage of chipsets, then I think we got another bump in prices due to tariff changes between US and China.

But yeah...unfortunately I think this might be the new norm. GPUs and CPUs are the new Js

Im so grateful for my 2080 super now. The turbo card is now worth $1200 when I paid $700.

Man I will take care of this mf for as long as I can!

1 month ago '18        #19
 Most Palone said
I only rock FE cards so oh well guess Ill wait for Lovelace
Aye I almost bought one of the ugliest versions of the card I have ever seen Lol

I forgot the company, but it was AOTIC or some shyt I never heard of LOL

1 month ago '17        #20
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 80165 80 K  Slaps total: 27977 27 K
All this thread telling me is to get money so I won’t care about getting ripped off

1 month ago '18        #21
Most Palone 
 MayneThaTruth2 said
Aye I almost bought one of the ugliest versions of the card I have ever seen Lol

I forgot the company, but it was AOTIC or some shyt I never heard of LOL
Probably aorus
+1   

1 month ago '04        #22
infam0uskills 
 Most Palone said
microcenter is what you need if you have one near you.

I believe its 1 gpu every 30 days, they log your ID or something. My local MC restocks every thursday.

r/buildapcsales on reddit, if you wanna keep up with any prebuilts with that gpu. I personally havent seen any FE cards in prebuilts.
+1   

1 month ago '04        #23
infam0uskills 
 MayneThaTruth2 said
It aint even worth it at this point. I copped a 2080 super for $700, and I was very impressed with the performance.

I still felt I wasted my money because of the 3080 release.

But I couldnt land a 3080, then the price of the 2080 super spiked to $1200.

Made me feel grateful for my card because I was already blown away by the performance.

You know pc gamers are greedy, and always thirsting for more power.

I began to reflect on my greed, and how I didnt need a 3080.

I only wanted it because of the price point. But then my fool a*s was about to pay $1300 for a hiked 3080.

At the finish line, I changed my mind and grew content with my already powerful card.
its never greed, its futureproofing imo.

I got a 3070 in my pc now, before that I was rocking a gtx 970 from 2016 that is now in my wife's pc working flawlessly.

The great thing about pc is that, these machines wont become junk until 10+ years later unless part(s) fail which can all easily be replaced/rma'd.
+3   

1 month ago '16        #24
Quinn 
 MayneThaTruth2 said
That dont sound easy at all. If I go on Amazon right now, its nothing but spiked prices.

Im not talking about "going and searching for ways to get a 3080". Im talking about just going to a website right now, and seeing these products listed at retail price.

Not spiked prices.

Their is no website that you can just go to and cop one with a simple click for $700.

The entire market is affected. All the older lesser cards have spiked as well
you can buy them at retail everywhere that sells them legitimately.

you want it handed to you, as if others dont want them and they are in short supply.

just say "im lazy, and dont wanna look out for availability"

dont complain that its over-priced.

same can be said for console boys aswell. quit complaining and adapt to the ever changing game. just cuz you got money dont mean your owed anything.

free game for you as a man
+2   

1 month ago '18        #25
 infam0uskills said
its never greed, its futureproofing imo.

I got a 3070 in my pc now, before that I was rocking a gtx 970 from 2016 that is now in my wife's pc working flawlessly.

The great thing about pc is that, these machines wont become junk until 10+ years later unless part(s) fail which can all easily be replaced/rma'd.
Thats why I say its greed. In pc games you have "resolutions" ranging from 1080p to 4k.

And "settings" ranging from "very low" to "Ultra"

We playing on Ultra 4k now, but several yrs from now, these same cards will at the very last be able to play at 1440p low-medium.

Its going to be a while before a 2080 super becomes obsolete for 1440p Low settings.

They will at the very least run1080p Ultra several years from now.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-45online now  19
Durk Scared AF right now Sad to See
120 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  18
Mam grooms God daughter then marries her once she turns legal
236 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  12
MKBHD: Pixel 6/6 Pro Unboxing & First Look!
38 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+44online now  12
Zion shocked his organization by showing up over 300 lbs
154 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy