WB hires Static Shock movie screenwriter for new Lost Boys project

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
28 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

4 weeks ago '04        #1
491 page views
12 comments

JFamis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12984 12 K  Slaps total: 2154 2 K
WB hires Static Shock movie screenwriter for new Lost Boys project

Randy McKinnon, who is writing 'Static Shock' for Warner Bros., is penning, while Jonathan Entwislte will direct the Warners project.

Warner Bros. has found The Lost Boys once again.

The studio is gearing up for brand new, reimagined take on the 1980s teen vampire classic.

Noah Jupe, one of the stars of A Quiet Place movies, and Jaeden Martell, who was one of the young stars of the It horror movies, will topline the feature project.

Rising scribe Randy McKinnon, who is already working on Warner and DC’s Static Shock project, will write the new Lost Boys with Jonathan Entwistle on board to direct.

Brian Kavanaugh-Jones and Fred Berger will produce via their Automatik banner.

The original Lost Boys was a horror-comedy that told of two brothers who, along with their newly divorced mother to a California beach town that, the pair soon discovers, is being terrorized by a stylish vampire biker gang. Also taking bites from scenes were a pair of comic book-loving brothers who thought themselves as vampire hunters.

The movie, released in 1987, was directed by Joel Schumacher and featured an ensemble straight out of Bop magazine: Jason Patric, Kiefer Sutherland, Jami Gertz, Alex Winter, plus Corey Feldman and Corey Haim. Bringing up the age bracket were adults Dianne Wiest, Bernard Hughes, and Edward Herrmann.

The movie is fondly remembered for its young and s*xy cast as well as a soundtrack that featured acts such as INXS, Echo and the Bunnymen, Roger Daltrey and Lou Gramm. Warners reopened the casket in the 2000s with a pair of direct-to-DVD movies, Lost Boys: The Tribe and Lost Boys: The Thirst.

Details of the new take are being kept in the trunk of a ’57 Ford Fairlane but it is described as being set in modern day.

Zac Frognowski and Josh Glick will executive produce the new feature.

Automatik, which was behind the acclaimed indie, Honey Boy, which starred Jupe, and produced Distant, an upcoming sci-fi thriller from Amblin and Universal that stars Anthony Ramos.

Jupe is coming off of A Quiet Place Part II, which has grossed almost $300 million worldwide in the spring. He also appeared in this summer’s Steven Soderbergh’s all-star HBO Max thriller, No Sudden Move, with Don Cheadle, Benicio del Toro, David Harbour.

Martell, who appeared in the massive It two-fer, co-starred with Chris Evans in Apple mini-series Defending Jacob and appeared in Knives Out. He next stars in musical drama Metal Lords for Netflix.

McKinnon was a staff writer on Netflix’s horror series Chambers that starred Uma Thurman and is adapting Kwame Onwuachi’s memoir, Notes from a Young Black Chef, for A24 with LaKeith Stanfield attached to star.

Entwistle developed End of the F***ing World, acting as the series’ main director as well as executive producer, and he co-created, wrote and directed the recent series I’m Not Okay With This. He recently directed the pilot for the Willow TV series for Disney+.

Jupe is repped by CAA, Grandview, The Artist Partnership, Hansen Jacabson while Martell is repped by CAA, Dayton-Milrad-Cho, Jackoway Austen. McKinnon and Entwistle are repped by CAA, Grandview and Jackoway Austen.

Last edited by JFamis; 09-17-2021 at 03:22 PM..
+1   

best
worst
12 comments

4 weeks ago '07        #2
TH35 
Props total: 38850 38 K  Slaps total: 4203 4 K
I love Lost Boys, but I wouldn't mind a remake. I watched it again like 5 months ago and it's dated.
+1   

4 weeks ago '06        #3
LeMar G 
Props total: 78356 78 K  Slaps total: 8133 8 K
Hollywood is trash and still out of ideas

I wonder how many good projects were passed up for this unnecessary cash grab
+5   

4 weeks ago '10        #4
Blkboipurp 
Props total: 23544 23 K  Slaps total: 1875 1 K
Just watched this movie again two days ago. I hope they make the f*ght scenes with the vampires better with more lore included

4 weeks ago '17        #5
bmf24eva  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 18826 18 K  Slaps total: 5173 5 K
Already looks and sounds fu*king Horrible...
+1   

4 weeks ago '17        #6
Coffee  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 47039 47 K  Slaps total: 9713 9 K

Just a*sume the sh*t is going to be horrible and gay.
+3   

4 weeks ago '17        #7
92baby 
Props total: 83432 83 K  Slaps total: 10941 10 K
At this point have playboi Carti make a cameo cuz the n*gga don’t drop music

4 weeks ago '04        #8
JFamis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
 TH35 said
I love Lost Boys, but I wouldn't mind a remake. I watched it again like 5 months ago and it's dated.
Everyone in this thread except you hating
+1   

4 weeks ago '06        #9
LYTE 
Props total: 24524 24 K  Slaps total: 2113 2 K
 Coffee said

Just a*sume the sh*t is going to be horrible and gay.
Gay vampire sparing women only to bite men

The Lost Boyz is one of my favorite movies. I finally watched that part 2 or w/e that was earlier this year. sh*t was trash.

Edit: I'm so hip-hop, I typed "Boyz" instead of "Boys"

S/o to the the LB Fam

Last edited by LYTE; 09-18-2021 at 07:55 AM..

4 weeks ago '15        #10
The South 
Props total: 30518 30 K  Slaps total: 3945 3 K

The original my favorite movie of all time. One of like 3 vhs tapes we had. Watched it on repeat during the summer. Even saw a viewing on the beach in Santa Cruz, one of the filming locations. sh*t was an amazing event.

I’m not optimistic, but just hoping this ain’t some direct to dvd tier boolsh*t. Came in here to hate… but anything that ain’t some comic book movie is welcome, even tho comic books are a heavy theme in the move.
+2   

4 weeks ago '07        #11
TH35 
 JFamis said
Everyone in this thread except you hating
I don't hate remakes, if they're done well and have a new spin. So, I'm not quick to judge especially if good ppl are involved.
+2   

4 weeks ago '07        #12
TH35 
 The South said

The original my favorite movie of all time. One of like 3 vhs tapes we had. Watched it on repeat during the summer. Even saw a viewing on the beach in Santa Cruz, one of the filming locations. sh*t was an amazing event.

I’m not optimistic, but just hoping this ain’t some direct to dvd tier boolsh*t. Came in here to hate… but anything that ain’t some comic book movie is welcome, even tho comic books are a heavy theme in the move.
It won't be a direct to dvd movie with whos involved.
+3   

4 weeks ago '04        #13
JFamis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
 TH35 said
I don't hate remakes, if they're done well and have a new spin. So, I'm not quick to judge especially if good ppl are involved.
And by the time this movie comes out, the original will be 36 years old. Plenty of time has passed to justify a remake imo.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+309online now  17
Video inside My Man Can't Be a Security Guard No More After This....
181 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  14
Video inside HALLOWEEN k*llS (2021) | US Premiere
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+31online now  11
Article inside Men Are Now More Likely to Be Single Than Women.
192 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+33online now  10
Ted Sarandos: Dave Chappelle 'Content Doesn’t Directly Translate to Real-World..
65 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy