Sep 17 - Number of states with high obesity rate nearly doubles since 2018: CDC

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
39 replies  @games

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 weeks ago '11        #1
660 page views
29 comments

Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x40
Props total: 162981 162 K  Slaps total: 22693 22 K
Sep 17 - Number of states with high obesity rate nearly doubles since 2018: CDC

The number of states with an obesity rate of at least 35 percent has nearly doubled in two years, with continuing racial and ethnic disparities, according to research released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Sixteen states reported last year that at least 35 percent of their adult residents are obese, an increase from the 12 considered to have high obesity prevalence in 2019 and nine in 2018, CDC analysis released on Wednesday said.

Delaware, Iowa, Ohio and Texas were the four new additions to the list of states with the higher obesity rate this year. They joined Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and West Virginia.

This represents a drastic change in about a decade, as the health policy organization Trust for America’s Health (TFAH) pointed out in a press release that no state went beyond that 35 percent threshold as recently as 2012.

Every state documented more than 20 percent of its adult population as having obesity, with the Midwest and the South seeing the highest rates at 34.1 percent compared to the West and Northeast.

The analysis identified Mississippi, West Virginia and Alabama as having the highest adult obesity rates at 39.7 percent, 39.1 percent and 39 percent, respectively.

Having obesity puts adults at a higher risk of enduring serious health issues such as heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, several cancers and worse mental health. The analysis indicates that a growing amount of the U.S. population is more susceptible to such illnesses, which could put stress on the health system.

The research also highlighted the racial and ethnic disparities related to obesity. Thirty-five states and District of Columbia reached an obesity rate of at least 35 percent for Black residents, and 22 states hit that rate for Hispanic residents.

In the meantime, just seven states had an obesity prevalence of at least 35 percent among white residents, and none reached that rate among Asian residents.

The “urgent problem” of the obesity epidemic “worsened” during the pandemic, TFAH President and CEO J. Nadine Gracia said in a release that noted eating habits, food insecurity, lack of physical activity and high stress contributed to the rise.

A Harris Poll from February concluded that 42 percent of American adults experienced weight gain since the beginning of the pandemic, with an average gain of 29 pounds.

The CDC and TFAH are calling for the rising obesity rate and disparities in the country to be addressed, which the federal agency said “will take a sustained, comprehensive effort from all parts of society.”

“We will need to acknowledge existing health disparities and health inequities and address the social determinants of health such as poverty and lack of health care access if we are to ensure health equity,” the CDC said in its research.

visit this link https://thehill.com/polic .. since-2018-cdc
+3   

best
worst
29 comments

4 weeks ago '04        #2
ghengis 
Props total: 13952 13 K  Slaps total: 412 412

+6   

4 weeks ago '20        #3
LuxG1 
Props total: 6120 6 K  Slaps total: 1482 1 K
But covid…

The shot won’t stop your fat a*s from leading a unhealthy life…foh

Mcdonalds everyday is k*lling your fat a*s not covid

A whole bag of chips everyday is k*lling your fat a*s not covid.
+10   

4 weeks ago '21        #4
Fras 
Props total: 4191 4 K  Slaps total: 4043 4 K
Have you seen the chart from 1990?

And people still think the FDA/CDC/NIH/WHO etc. Care about us?

fu*k outta here.
+1   

4 weeks ago '11        #5
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x40 OP
 LuxG1 said
But covid…

its all reversible up to a point

if everyone took a walk around the park twice a week they could change their lives
+6   

4 weeks ago '12        #6
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 183243 183 K  Slaps total: 10689 10 K
 Fras said
Have you seen the chart from 1990?

And people still think the FDA/CDC/NIH/WHO etc. Care about us?

fu*k outta here.
Before we even get to mentioning those organizations....shouldn't we be pointing out how the people eating themselves into death here in America don't care about themselves?

Your party used to say they were the party of personal accountability after all
+5   

4 weeks ago '20        #7
Blafy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 59495 59 K  Slaps total: 4536 4 K

+3   

4 weeks ago '21        #8
Fras 
 OldBusiness said
Before we even get to mentioning those organizations....shouldn't we be pointing out how the people eating themselves into death here in America don't care about themselves?

Your party used to say they were the party of personal accountability after all
Its one thing to be "eating yourselves to death" but its another things when companies are putting things in food that cause fat build up as well.

I believe the obesity in this country is a two way street. Chemicals in foods + cheap fast food. Etc.

Its more than likely we agree here.
+2   

4 weeks ago '12        #9
 Fras said
Its one thing to be "eating yourselves to death" but its another things when companies are putting things in food that cause fat build up as well.

I believe the obesity in this country is a two way street. Chemicals in foods + cheap fast food. Etc.

Its more than likely we agree here.
I agree, we could bring up things like systemic oppression against poor whites and communities of color(Where obesity is soaring) that lead to things like food deserts(or lack of access to quality options), terrible access to quality healthcare, horrible infrastructure, terrible support for education and so on that leads to the herd falling into these types of situations but judging from your comments in the past on here I don't think you want to really go there

Smart a*s response on my part aside, lol:
We live in a nation where gluttony is the norm and it's always been that way.

People in America want to be fat, and when anyone tries to suggest they shouldn't be fat you're said to be shaming them or preaching to them.

It's crazy how telling someone 'hey don't eat that big mac bro, it's not good for you, how about a salad?" is seen as offensive when that Big Mac is literally physically destroying their insides
+4   

4 weeks ago '21        #10
Thotslayer 
Props total: 4612 4 K  Slaps total: 678 678
Eat better
Drink water
Lay off sugar
Lay off fast food
Lay off candy, chips etc
Exercise

Thats it

And if you have problems in your life. And you result for food or "comfort food"

Go seek therapists or counseling

Peace
+4   

4 weeks ago '21        #11
Fras 
 OldBusiness said
I agree, we could bring up things like systemic oppression against poor whites and communities of color(Where obesity is soaring) that lead to things like food deserts(or lack of access to quality options), terrible access to quality healthcare, horrible infrastructure, terrible support for education and so on that leads to the herd falling into these types of situations but judging from your comments in the past on here I don't think you want to really go there

People in America want to be fat, and when anyone tries to suggest they shouldn't be fat you're said to be shaming them or preaching to them.

It's crazy how telling someone 'hey don't eat that big mac bro, it's not good for you, how about a salad?" is seen as offensive when that Big Mac is literally physically destroying their insides
I agree with every single thing you wrote.

Sadly part of that is the excess of political correctness. I come from the times before that, as I know you do. I know I'm a big guy and I'm working on it. But it seems like so many people these days, instead of saying like "Yeah I'm a fat fu*k and need work." They're out here saying like "Big Is beautiful" and its like...no bi*ch. Big is not beautiful. Big is deadly. Big Is ugly. I don't wish death on anyone big, and I wouldn't necessarily call someone ugly to their face n sh*t, but we also need to get past this hurt feelings bullsh*t. Like if you're big...own that sh*t, and either fix it or die early. But please stop normalizing or beautifying obesity.
+2   

4 weeks ago '21        #12
Young Defiant  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 8032 8 K  Slaps total: 16600 16 K
Thanks to BX.

4 weeks ago '12        #13
 Fras said
I agree with every single thing you wrote.

Sadly part of that is the excess of political correctness. I come from the times before that, as I know you do. I know I'm a big guy and I'm working on it. But it seems like so many people these days, instead of saying like "Yeah I'm a fat fu*k and need work." They're out here saying like "Big Is beautiful" and its like...no bi*ch. Big is not beautiful. Big is deadly. Big Is ugly. I don't wish death on anyone big, and I wouldn't necessarily call someone ugly to their face n sh*t, but we also need to get past this hurt feelings bullsh*t. Like if you're big...own that sh*t, and either fix it or die early. But please stop normalizing or beautifying obesity.
I 100000000% agree.

I had a discussion with a friend of mine whose a huge Lizzo fan for example. And she got mad when I asked her what happens to all of the young obese girls that listen to Lizzo when they hit their 30s and diabetes, heart disease and so on set in? Black women die from heart disease more than anyone else in America, that's a fact and it's the #1 k*ller of black women...

What happens when Lizzo uses some of those millions she has to go lose weight/have some surgery like other celebrities who started out fat(Monique for example) and the people who follow her - but don't have anywhere near the same access to quality healthcare as her start to develop issues?

Its insane how telling someone to eat better and live a cleaner life so they can be here for as long as possible is seen as "Fat Shaming"...I hate that sh*t.

People have gotten so addicted to their bad habits that they've now normalized them, think they're positives, and will go to war with anyone telling them 'Hey...thats actually not good for you'
+2   

4 weeks ago '17        #14
92baby 
Props total: 83414 83 K  Slaps total: 10935 10 K
 OldBusiness said

Idk I blame rap music *bx logic *
+1   

4 weeks ago '04        #15
absolut 
Props total: 4433 4 K  Slaps total: 472 472
You have to look between the numbers tho …black people are usually identified as obese by that outdated chart when they not fat at all…

A women with no waist but with big thighs and arse will measure obese

A shorter male who works out …develops muscle no stomach will register obese ..

I know a lot of my fellow skinny muthaphuckas who eat like sh*t but have a fast metabolism…you can’t tell me they healthier than lizzo lol
+1   

4 weeks ago '20        #16
Habeas Corpus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 23755 23 K  Slaps total: 4273 4 K
Eat lots of: potatoes, rice, sweet potatoes, fruits, vegetables,

Drink: Water

Foods to avoid: Meats, animal fats, cheese, dairy, eggs, milk, OILS. <----- These "foods" clog up your intra-myocellular lipids and paralyze insulin from working

Get plenty: Exercise, walking

Peace.
+1   

4 weeks ago '12        #17
 absolut said
You have to look between the numbers tho …black people are usually identified as obese by that outdated chart when they not fat at all…

A women with no waist but with big thighs and arse will measure obese

A shorter male who works out …develops muscle no stomach will register obese ..

I know a lot of my fellow skinny muthaphuckas who eat like sh*t but have a fast metabolism…you can’t tell me they healthier than lizzo lol
Bro I got a homie whose skinnier than Ellen(chick on tv lol) and I've literally watched this man smoke a blunt and eat 2 boxes of honey buns, a burger, and wash it all down with a coca cola in a 45 minute time span and thats NORMAL for him. His fridge looks like the candy aisle at the grocery store, and dude won't gain a pound.

He once weighed himself one week, ate like absolute horse sh*t and weighed himself again and he'd lost about 5 or 6 pounds and he doesn't work out. he sits on his a*s all day coding at his job and inhaling bullsh*t.

Dude has those amazon prime subscriptions dropping sodas and sweets off at his house every other week even
+2   

4 weeks ago '05        #18
4REAL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 45353 45 K  Slaps total: 14895 14 K
These are likely the ones getting severe covid. But don't expect for the American mainstream media to be transparent about obesity and covid.
+2   

4 weeks ago '11        #19
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x40 OP
 Thotslayer said
Eat better
Drink water
Lay off sugar
Lay off fast food
Lay off candy, chips etc
Exercise

Thats it

And if you have problems in your life. And you result for food or "comfort food"

Go seek therapists or counseling

Peace
you'd be surprised what drinking only water and walking regularly can do for someone

not even a major diet change
+4   

4 weeks ago '21        #20
CrookByTheBook 
Props total: 1218 1 K  Slaps total: 163 163
 LuxG1 said
But covid…

Not only obesity but also substance abuse. I know a ton of white families destroyed by the “opioid health crisis”. But i don’t personally know any of them k*lled by c19
+2   

4 weeks ago '07        #21
Damagegadget  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 57446 57 K  Slaps total: 7299 7 K
All those fake pro health anti vaccine weirdos

4 weeks ago '21        #22
Thotslayer 
Props total: 4612 4 K  Slaps total: 678 678
 Sin said
you'd be surprised what drinking only water and walking regularly can do for someone

not even a major diet change
I only drink water and eat meat

So yes your right

Although...I have A bottle of rum in my hand currently

+1   

4 weeks ago '05        #23
Truth33  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3725 3 K  Slaps total: 2165 2 K
Cut out fast food and soda. That sh*t is literally poison. Drink water.

4 weeks ago '07        #24
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x59
Props total: 90867 90 K  Slaps total: 11079 11 K
 OldBusiness said
and those same people will turn around and shame drug addicts like they're anything different
+1   

4 weeks ago '17        #25
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 182519 182 K  Slaps total: 13227 13 K
When you make fast food less than groceries, health care unaffordable, and have millions working 2 jobs to get by, what do you expect?
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+33online now  30
[Fat Loss] The 10 most Underrated foods for fat loss (and staying lean)
47 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-17online now  20
Video inside Didnt Know Rawls from The Wire was gay
102 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+297online now  18
Video inside My Man Can't Be a Security Guard No More After This....
172 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+98online now  13
Video inside When y'all both notice red flags!!
75 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy