Sony Releases Aftermarket PS5 SSD Under the Nextorage Brand

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

4 weeks ago '21        #1
689 page views
19 comments

Starfield  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 1638 1 K  Slaps total: 126 126
Sony Releases Aftermarket PS5 SSD Under the Nextorage Brand

Sony has developed a surprisingly powerful aftermarket SSD for the PS5, but it comes through its Nextorage subsidiary. The SSD comes hot on the heels of the official support for third-party SSD upgrades on the PS5, released only two days ago. Multiple companies have already released SSD drop-in upgrade products either adapted or specifically designed for the current-gen crop of consoles, but the Nextorage PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 NVMe SSD promises stand-out performance.

The "NEM-PA" series of SSDs will be available in both 1TB and 2TB capacities, and performance ratings are top-notch.

Nextorage rates the 2TB SSD at up to 7,300/6,900 MB/s of sequential read/write throughput, while random read and write performance reaches 1 million IOPS. Longevity-wise, the NEM-PA 2TB is rated for 1,400 TBW, and there's a total of 2GB of DDR4 RAM for caching purposes.

The 1TB version offers slightly more muted performance, as is usual in SSD designs: We're looking at 7,300/6,000 MB/s of sequential read/write throughput, while random read speed is rated at 750,000 IOPS. Random write performance sustains the same 1 million IOPS as the 2TB version. Longevity-wise, the NEM-PA 1TB is rated for 700 TBW.

Both capacities ship with an aluminum heatsink that's sure to pass Sony's requirements for drop-in upgrades to the PS5's integrated SSD. It's slightly odd that Sony elected to use the Nextorage brand for this product instead of marketing it under its own brand, which features a much more impactful and recognizable name than Nextorage.

Unfortunately, we don't yet have pricing or availability information for the new Nextorage SSDs, but we'll update as it becomes available. Meanwhile, if you're looking into a storage upgrade for your PS5, make sure to take a look at our PS5 SSDs list to help with your hunt for extra performance and capacity.

visit this link https://www.tomshardware. .. extorage-brand
+4   

best
worst
19 comments

4 weeks ago '17        #2
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 79501 79 K  Slaps total: 27692 27 K
It’s spooky

4 weeks ago '17        #3
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 182522 182 K  Slaps total: 13227 13 K
They would've made things so much simpler if they sold it under their playstation brand.

+3   

4 weeks ago '20        #4
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24916 24 K  Slaps total: 6102 6 K
 Naga Sadow said
They would've made things so much simpler if they sold it under their playstation brand.

please dont tell a multibillion dollar company how to do things this isn't a lemonade stand
+10   

4 weeks ago '15        #5
Sleezymcman 
Props total: 5439 5 K  Slaps total: 1239 1 K
For some reason I think that sh*t will fu*k up a lot of ps5 systems. Sony been acting real funny about this expandable memory.
+1   

4 weeks ago '17        #6
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 182522 182 K  Slaps total: 13227 13 K
 D1dnt read said
please dont tell a multibillion dollar company how to do things this isn't a lemonade stand
Well you and your toxic crusaders are here every day trying to tell a muli-trillion dollar company how to move.

Last edited by Naga Sadow; 09-17-2021 at 02:26 PM..
+5   

4 weeks ago '17        #7
 Naga Sadow said
Well you and your toxic crusaders are here every day trying to tell a multo-trillion dollar company how to move.

Difference is one multi billion dollar company is largely sustained by their gaming endeavors and one multi trillion dollar company would probably have even more money if they didn’t make consoles

4 weeks ago '15        #8
Truthseeker007 
Props total: 3941 3 K  Slaps total: 606 606
 Sleezymcman said
For some reason I think that sh*t will fu*k up a lot of ps5 systems. Sony been acting real funny about this expandable memory.

How have they been acting funny? They waited for as long as they could to unlock the storage slot for prices to come down, they have released very specific instructions on what SSDs are allowed, with measurements and speed requirements, they even released a beta, which many tech reviewers were able to enter and test different SSDs for themselves. I dont see what more they can do to hold people's hands if they cant follow simple instructions that's written and on video.

When you buy an off the shelf part for your pc, theres no guarantee if you will or will not experience issues when using 3rd party hardware. Pcs have a wide range of specifications that can impact performance. Theres only one ps5 out there, so the test results will be identical between all consoles that use the same SSD, but you think they're "hiding" something...

+3   

4 weeks ago '20        #9
 Naga Sadow said
Well you and your toxic crusaders are here every day trying to tell a muli-trillion dollar company how to move.

first of all, u are not me (not even close).. if I tell MS what they should be doing, it's because they would benefit from doing so

u telling any company, let alone a multibillion dollar one, what to do is like taking fitness advice from krazie

stay in ur lane

4 weeks ago '05        #10
P-Hill 
Props total: 32459 32 K  Slaps total: 2139 2 K
 D1dnt read said
first of all, u are not me (not even close).. if I tell MS what they should be doing, it's because they would benefit from doing so

u telling any company, let alone a multibillion dollar one, what to do is like taking fitness advice from krazie

stay in ur lane

@ breh tell these n*ggas you aint fat. Only fit s*xy n*ggas rocking with that Game pass (best value in gaming)
+3   

4 weeks ago '12        #11
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 183271 183 K  Slaps total: 10698 10 K
 Sleezymcman said
I've had the SSD in both of my PS5's in my house since they opened the beta program up to let us test it and it's been great fam. Doesn't even really feel warmer to the touch or w/e.

Who knows what'll happen a month from now, 6 months from now, or a year etc, but as of now I've installed games on it, played games that were on it, transferred games to and from it and it hasn't been a problem.

I got the Samsung 980 Pro in one of the systems and you can find reviews that say it sometimes out performs the internal SSD that's already installed, and thats installed in my 'Main system' and it flies forreal - no issues.

But lets hope it stays that way
+5   

4 weeks ago '19        #12
SlimKenobi 
Props total: 4261 4 K  Slaps total: 711 711
 SPdaGOAT said
Difference is one multi billion dollar company is largely sustained by their gaming endeavors and one multi trillion dollar company would probably have even more money if they didn’t make consoles

So you respond by doing exactly what he mentioned in his post?

+3   

4 weeks ago '17        #13
 SlimKenobi said
So you respond by doing exactly what he mentioned in his post?

No I responded by explaining nuance, something you not familiar with.

3 weeks of having my picture saved onto your phone because you’re not a fan of the video games I prefer is WILD. There’s definitely a stalker charge in there somewhere

4 weeks ago '19        #14
SlimKenobi 
Props total: 4261 4 K  Slaps total: 711 711
 SPdaGOAT said
No I responded by explaining nuance, something you not familiar with.

3 weeks of having my picture saved onto your phone because you’re not a fan of the video games I prefer is WILD. There’s definitely a stalker charge in there somewhere
I have no problem with Sony or PlayStation games at all actually. That’s you projecting your fanboy sh*t onto me.

4 weeks ago '17        #15
 SlimKenobi said
I have no problem with Sony or PlayStation games at all actually. That’s you projecting your fanboy sh*t onto me.
You have a problem with me because I prefer Sony and Nintendo over Microsoft and it’s clear that’s the case.

Look at nuance putting your mind in a blender again

4 weeks ago '04        #16
VictoryThagr8 
Props total: 8841 8 K  Slaps total: 1672 1 K
 D1dnt read said
Yet you telling a multi-trillion dollar company on how to do things.

4 weeks ago '20        #17
 P-Hill said
@ breh tell these n*ggas you aint fat. Only fit s*xy n*ggas rocking with that Game pass (best value in gaming)

please do not encourage a fat person to believe they are s*xy u're doing more harm than good

VictoryThagr8 said
Yet you telling a multi-trillion dollar company on how to do things.
again, I have the fleet of degrees, training and knowledge to do so

stay in ur lane

4 weeks ago '18        #18
MayneThaTruth2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 16470 16 K  Slaps total: 12829 12 K
 D1dnt read said
Kicked up in the greatest gaming set up of all time. Feet up, laying on my back.

Got the 27inch 1440p 144hzz monitor tilted, facing me, as I lay on my pillow.

This bi*ch can be adjusted either which way! KangShyt!!

4 weeks ago '20        #19
Chozen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25647 25 K  Slaps total: 4194 4 K
 P-Hill said
Wait...you lose your little nothing "mod" powers and turn into a gay troll?

4 weeks ago '13        #20
PsychoCyber 
Props total: 6001 6 K  Slaps total: 377 377
 D1dnt read said

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+309online now  26
Video inside My Man Can't Be a Security Guard No More After This....
181 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  19
Video inside HALLOWEEN k*llS (2021) | US Premiere
77 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+31online now  15
Article inside Men Are Now More Likely to Be Single Than Women.
192 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+49online now  4
Kyrie on IG live talking his sh!t.
219 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy