What ever happened to the smooth sensual rap and rb of the 90s

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

1 month ago '20        #1
402 page views
9 comments

WillyWanka00  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x18
Props total: 15778 15 K  Slaps total: 8614 8 K
What ever happened to the smooth sensual rap and rb of the 90s

sh*t like Jodeci, case, heavy d, Keith sweat etc ll etc
+5   

best
worst
9 comments

1 month ago '04        #2
luv4music 
Props total: 3094 3 K  Slaps total: 307 307
The majority of females who consumed it became less interested in innuendo and more in being called hoes that need to suck a d*ck
+12   

1 month ago '14        #3
consigliereA  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 57666 57 K  Slaps total: 3315 3 K

Jhené Aiko has a song called PWUSSY FAIRY..

1 month ago '11        #4
Rishi P 
Props total: 177 177  Slaps total: 64 64
Autotune, trap beats, and over produced tracks unfortunately
+5   

1 month ago '17        #5
Mamluke13 
Props total: 2055 2 K  Slaps total: 484 484
If u go back to oldies but goodies like al green everyone had there own unique style or rap during the 80s and 90s everyone sound the same
+2   

1 month ago '14        #6
consigliereA  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 57666 57 K  Slaps total: 3315 3 K
I was joking OP, I feel what you’re saying..
@

1 month ago '06        #7
soso24  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 69219 69 K  Slaps total: 8271 8 K
The women lost their femininity...
+1   

1 month ago '11        #8
ChickBoss414 
Props total: 1132 1 K  Slaps total: 75 75
-- Music is a reflection of culture (era)--- study the culture(s) of society for whatever period of time you are questioning-- realize there have been philosophical shifts in how men and women socialize and interact with one another intimately and otherwise.

The philosophies of love and courting in the 90's (and before) cannot be a message in the music to the subsequent generations that had no love at home and were under the duress of an eroded home and family structure (value hubs), crack, smack, higher illiteracy and drop out rates from school, babies raising babies, etc. and so on. If you aren't taught how to love at home, how are you going to transmit those energies -- especially when it comes to creating a song.

As well, the creation of music is not the same. Literal frequencies of its transmission have changed (analog to digital). I suggest you read up on music and its impact on your chokras (your body's metaphysical/spiritual energy centers) and measure how the music frequencies made now are different from prior years.

Since Reagan-era policies started cutting out programs in schools such as music and arts, what is the result? People who don't actually play music (read notes, operate an instrument, etc.) trying to make and create music. R&B has literally evolved into a music that is bass-driven in its creation. Drum and Bass are a*sociated with warring and aggressive tendencies --especially when you understand the science of BPM (Beats Per Minute). Think about Lil Jon's movement in relations to be labeled as "crunk" (hype music)

There are other factors and dynamics that are at hand but I dont want to bore with a dissertation. Consider the impact of the models of business and the audiences that the music has to be sold to also. R&B has been "bleached" with the blue-eyed soul creators that have shut a lot of the urban artists out of popular and commercial successes. We do have to look at ourselves as to where and why there is an absence of things we once used to enjoy and how we can try to reclaim or restore those indulgences and outputs.

Last edited by ChickBoss414; 09-17-2021 at 11:37 AM..
+2   

1 month ago '05        #9
Martel 
Props total: 7636 7 K  Slaps total: 1488 1 K
im a*suming it's the producers man that's a hard genre to produce and with schools getting rid of music classes and less people going to church and learning music that way, and the rise of FL Studio and loops, i b watchin people make 5 beats in an hour with no real effort.
+1   

1 month ago '14        #10
Ghettobiz 
Props total: 4072 4 K  Slaps total: 265 265
Bruh there are literally like 5 R&B songs that came out since 2010 that I fu*k with. Not albums but SONGS. It's so soulless these days.

Listening to the music my parents would play spoiled me.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+123online now  26
These Historical figures brought so much joy to the black community
327 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+283online now  21
Can’t believe Floyd actually did this to Canelo. 😵😵&#..
252 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  18
Video inside Lmao….26 y/o still living at home trying to manifest a million dollar h..
277 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+200online now  12
Image(s) inside Finished my C8 Corvette Build
83 comments
2 days ago
@rides
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy