Tales of Arise. What the F*ck? Tales Vets GET INSIDE

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '16        #1
823 page views
28 comments

Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10816 10 K  Slaps total: 1933 1 K
Tales of Arise. What the F*ck? Tales Vets GET INSIDE

I haven’t played Tales games like that. I’ve always been a FF and semi Dragon Quest guy but I’ve played every ff since 7 along with the tactics and what not (missed 6 image)

I’ve tried Vesperia but didn’t finish since I was gamesharing and something else came out and I fell off. I’ve had my eyes on beseria or w.e but haven’t taken the plunge. But anyway, that’s my background of being new to Tales in general.

Anyway, I pulled the plug and copped Arise without knowing anything about it except a few gifs or w.e and the combat seemed dope as sh*t. But YO

THIS GAME IS fu*kING STRESSING THE fu*k OUT OF ME.

I’ll try not to spoil it for anyone who’s picked it up and hasn’t played it, or plans on. But bro, the fu*king AI IS HORRENDOUS. It’s near impossible to play as other characters or get perfect finishes since the game is LITERALLY oriented around battle ratings for growth. One death or using items can TANK your rating which you NEED if you want more SP to grow your characters. Here’s the problem though. The fu*king AI are dumb as bricks and stand in everything and don’t evade for sh*t. So if they DIE your rating goes to sh*t. I’m playing on the hardest difficulty since you get the most CP rewards, and I’m on my second lord and Jesus Christ my characters can’t stay alive for sh*t. Even mini bosses have my n*ggas getting WASHED. Normally I’d just revive and keep it moving. But when I KNOW I’d get a sh*tty reward like 180-200 SP vs a possible 400-700 it’s a fu*king turn off and I find myself restarting the f*ght over and over again image

Where. Are. The. Tales. Vets.

Is this how every tales game is????????
Because I can’t say I’m going to play another one. The game is DOPE THOUGH. That’s what takes me out! Aside from the pacing which I think is too fast and the MTX that’s in your face from when you open the game, the game is solid as fu*k but come on fam. The AI is absolutely destroying this game for me image

So I did a quick google search if there’s anyone suffering and look:

Wtf!?!
+1   

best
worst
28 comments

1 month ago '04        #2
Youngporter 
Props total: 1344 1 K  Slaps total: 104 104
 Novii said
I havenít played Tales games like that. Iíve always been a FF and semi Dragon Quest guy but Iíve played every ff since 7 along with the tactics and what not (missed 6 )

Iíve tried Vesperia but didnít finish since I was gamesharing and something else came out and I fell off. Iíve had my eyes on beseria or w.e but havenít taken the plunge. But anyway, thatís my background of being new to Tales in general.

Anyway, I pulled the plug and copped Arise without knowing anything about it except a few gifs or w.e and the combat seemed dope as sh*t. But YO

THIS GAME IS fu*kING STRESSING THE fu*k OUT OF ME.

Iíll try not to spoil it for anyone whoís picked it up and hasnít played it, or plans on. But bro, the fu*king AI IS HORRENDOUS. Itís near impossible to play as other characters or get perfect finishes since the game is LITERALLY oriented around battle ratings for growth. One death or using items can TANK your rating which you NEED if you want more SP to grow your characters. Hereís the problem though. The fu*king AI are dumb as bricks and stand in everything and donít evade for sh*t. So if they DIE your rating goes to sh*t. Iím playing on the hardest difficulty since you get the most CP rewards, and Iím on my second lord and Jesus Christ my characters canít stay alive for sh*t. Even mini bosses have my n*ggas getting WASHED. Normally Iíd just revive and keep it moving. But when I KNOW Iíd get a sh*tty reward like 180-200 SP vs a possible 400-700 itís a fu*king turn off and I find myself restarting the f*ght over and over again

Where. Are. The. Tales. Vets.

Is this how every tales game is????????
Because I canít say Iím going to play another one. The game is DOPE THOUGH. Thatís what takes me out! Aside from the pacing which I think is too fast and the MTX thatís in your face from when you open the game, the game is solid as fu*k but come on fam. The AI is absolutely destroying this game for me

So I did a quick google search if thereís anyone suffering and look:

Wtf!?!
She I loved tales of vesperia. I was going to take the plunge but didn't.
+1   

1 month ago '12        #3
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 183329 183 K  Slaps total: 10701 10 K
I’m about 35 to 40% through and I noticed som leg issues too. What was wild to me was how after kinda breezing through the first two chapters and getting to the second lord, that lords difficulty spiked 1000%against him

But I talked about the inconsistency in the party stuff and how it takes away from the combat system back when the demo dropped. A lot of people think the wild sh*t in the game with its AI and difficulty spikes are meant to lure you into buying those DLC shortcuts and boosts

My AI doesn’t die much, but Shionne did go through a phase of repeatedly healing me for a few hours even after I changed her settings

Last edited by OldBusiness; 09-16-2021 at 07:40 PM..

1 month ago '16        #4
Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
 OldBusiness said
Iím about 35 to 40% through and I noticed som leg issues too. What was wild to me was how after kinda breezing through the first two chapters and getting to the second lord, that lords difficulty spiked 1000%against him

But I talked about the inconsistency in the party stuff and how it takes away from the combat system back when the demo dropped. A lot of people think the wild sh*t in the game with its AI and difficulty spikes are meant to lure you into buying those DLC shortcuts and boosts.

My AI doesnít die much, but Shionne did go through a phase of repeatedly healing me for a few hours even after I changed her settings
Iím at the second lord right now and itís fu*king retarded. I was thinking about that difficulty being related to DLC too. Itís weird how expensive the skills are. And how little sp you get. They either want you grinding for days or spending your dollars. Itís VERY weird to see this approach in a offline singlet player jrpg

Iím playing on hard so Iím not sure if it makes a difference? But they gotta balance the AI. I shouldnít be eating up consumables and more than half way through my CP just reviving the npcs that refuse to dodge charge attacks

1 month ago '19        #5
cnbftbgb 
Props total: 3669 3 K  Slaps total: 65 65

Sums of my Tales experience perfectly. I watched my bro play Vesperia when it came out on 360 and was like oh sh*t this is dope

First one I actually played was Berseria and I got about halfway before I got pulled into another game and forgot. I'm on the second boss, and I'm not playing on hard eff that. Playing moderate because what I learned from Vesperia is they hide a fair bit behind NG+. It's better to play thorough and maintain your sanity, then bump it up to the higher difficulties come NG+.

Dodging seems to be very key here too. It's wonky though, found it better to dodge into the attack rather than away to trigger the perfect dodges. Allows you to stun/break the enemies and gives your dangus AI chances to attack/keep from getting k*lled.

They're still going to die but it is what it is
+1   

1 month ago '08        #6
Saitoh Kaiba 
Props total: 5950 5 K  Slaps total: 396 396
im currently replaying tales of vesperia. soon as i finish that. ill start tales of zestiria and berseria. than when this gets patched and put on steam sale in dec. ill hop on it. if koa fatesworn dlc aiint out.

1 month ago '16        #7
 cnbftbgb said

Sums of my Tales experience perfectly. I watched my bro play Vesperia when it came out on 360 and was like oh sh*t this is dope

First one I actually played was Berseria and I got about halfway before I got pulled into another game and forgot. I'm on the second boss, and I'm not playing on hard eff that. Playing moderate because what I learned from Vesperia is they hide a fair bit behind NG+. It's better to play thorough and maintain your sanity, then bump it up to the higher difficulties come NG+.

Dodging seems to be very key here too. It's wonky though, found it better to dodge into the attack rather than away to trigger the perfect dodges. Allows you to stun/break the enemies and gives your dangus AI chances to attack/keep from getting k*lled.

They're still going to die but it is what it is
I noticed this about dodging in games recently. Undoubtedly a play to get players to play more aggressive and Iím all for it. Except, why have long attack animations, without an ability to dodge cancel? Youíre literally a sitting duck getting trapped in animations. On top of that your character gets stunned too, so there are times your character is frozen for like 4-5 seconds.

Iím not a fan of the constant dying, itís irking the fu*k out of me. I can only DREAM of playing Shionne. The m will fall apart IMMEDIATELY if Iím not healing everyone right away. These guys get one-two shotted on Lords.

1 month ago '19        #8
cnbftbgb 
 Novii said
I noticed this about dodging in games recently. Undoubtedly a play to get players to play more aggressive and Iím all for it. Except, why have long attack animations, without an ability to dodge cancel? Youíre literally a sitting duck getting trapped in animations. On top of that your character gets stunned too, so there are times your character is frozen for like 4-5 seconds.

Iím not a fan of the constant dying, itís irking the fu*k out of me. I can only DREAM of playing Shionne. The m will fall apart IMMEDIATELY if Iím not healing everyone right away. These guys get one-two shotted on Lords.

I feel you, got on my nerves because I pulled off a perfect dodge the very first time I tried. Was like "ayyye this aint as bad as Scarlet Nexus and their odd timing/inconsistent attack queues and lack of dodge cancel..."

Then couldn't do a perfect dodge on purpose for the LIFE of me

Might need to play around with the battle tactics a little too. Maybe have some of the team play it safe and more of a support role. Though...if you're playing Shionne Alphen probably gonna die because he's up close and personal.

Same thing used to happen in Berseria.
+1   

1 month ago '06        #9
imthatinfamous  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30059 30 K  Slaps total: 8760 8 K
I haven't had these AI issues. Game has been dope for me so far....
+1   

1 month ago '20        #10
Chozen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25780 25 K  Slaps total: 4232 4 K
Dodge canceling is for overly aggressive pussies...if you need an "oh sh*t" button it's because you suck and don't know how to time your skills...

Anyway...Tales games are always hard y'all lucky it's on a 3D plain now instead of the straight line combat of Phantasia and Destiny

1 month ago '16        #11
 imthatinfamous said
I haven't had these AI issues. Game has been dope for me so far....
What difficulty level are you playing on?

1 month ago '17        #12
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 182641 182 K  Slaps total: 13238 13 K
 OldBusiness said
Iím about 35 to 40% through and I noticed som leg issues too. What was wild to me was how after kinda breezing through the first two chapters and getting to the second lord, that lords difficulty spiked 1000%against him

But I talked about the inconsistency in the party stuff and how it takes away from the combat system back when the demo dropped. A lot of people think the wild sh*t in the game with its AI and difficulty spikes are meant to lure you into buying those DLC shortcuts and boosts

My AI doesnít die much, but Shionne did go through a phase of repeatedly healing me for a few hours even after I changed her settings
I love how when a boss charges for a close attack your party just rushes in with no fear.
+1   

1 month ago '05        #13
P-Hill 
Props total: 32487 32 K  Slaps total: 2141 2 K
Haven't started yet but reading the OP, I'd be fu*kin pissed they better patch this sh*t
+1   

1 month ago '04        #14
knives 
Props total: 307 307  Slaps total: 7 7
Tales of phantasia is still a top 5 rpg of all time for me. I played it when a translation team was helping make the game playable for the us. Forgot their name but it took years. Hearing audio like that during an attack was crazy to me at the time. Music was fire as well. The tales games have always been hard so you getting stressed is normal. I only played phantasia and symphonia but I’m gonna get this soon as a good deal comes up.
+1   

1 month ago '12        #15
 Naga Sadow said
I love how when a boss charges for a close attack your party just rushes in with no fear.
I noticed that too.

Shionne was standing back unloading the rifle on one of them...then...when he goes to charge his big attack..she all of a sudden just rushes in and stands in his face and takes an L

The AI is a little off, but the game is fun.
+1   

1 month ago '17        #16
 OldBusiness said
I noticed that too.

Shionne was standing back unloading the rifle on one of them...then...when he goes to charge his big attack..she all of a sudden just rushes in and stands in his face and takes an L

The AI is a little off, but the game is fun.
And she's supposed to be the healer. It wouldn't be bad if healing items weren't beyond expensive.

We watched my son play last night and we stopped at the red hair violin playing lord with the jacked up name.
+1   

1 month ago '16        #17
If I have to take the difficulty down, I’ll legit be pissed. I can understand if I’m the one who has to get good but bro. It also seems like some f*ghts I restart the AI lasts longer, other times they can go at any moment. I had a party member die part way through the bosses FIRST bar.

I’ve been farming dog tags though so I’m up to like 60k Gald so If I have to get into reviving I won’t be happy about it but I’m not going to sit at this same place in the game. It’s a great looking game too. They gotta patch this sh*t bro.

ATLEAST MOVE DURING CHARGES

1 month ago '12        #18
 Novii said
If I have to take the difficulty down, Iíll legit be pissed. I can understand if Iím the one who has to get good but bro. It also seems like some f*ghts I restart the AI lasts longer, other times they can go at any moment. I had a party member die part way through the bosses FIRST bar.

Iíve been farming dog tags though so Iím up to like 60k Gald so If I have to get into reviving I wonít be happy about it but Iím not going to sit at this same place in the game. Itís a great looking game too. They gotta patch this sh*t bro.

ATLEAST MOVE DURING CHARGES
Its some visual issues in there too.

I noticed something weird, and im playing on PS5, but this was earlier in my playthrough RIGHT after you beat the first lord:

Shadows have this odd a*s jitter that happens lol, and at first I thought I was tripping(Or just too high )
+1   

1 month ago '17        #19
 OldBusiness said

I noticed something weird, and im playing on PS5, but this was earlier in my playthrough RIGHT after you beat the first lord:

Shadows have this odd a*s jitter that happens lol, and at first I thought I was tripping(Or just too high )
Playing on the Series X and we notice textures shifting and half of road will have muddy textures briefly.

1 month ago '12        #20
 Naga Sadow said
Playing on the Series X and we notice textures shifting and half of road will have muddy textures briefly.
Yep even in that video I uploaded you can see how the textures shift and 'resettle' when I spin the camera around.

I love the game, but it has some issues with AI and Visuals they seriously gotta iron out

1 month ago '17        #21
 OldBusiness said
Yep even in that video I uploaded you can see how the textures shift and 'resettle' when I spin the camera around.

I love the game, but it has some issues with AI and Visuals they seriously gotta iron out
Its a pretty game, it just needs polishing.. And the voice acting ranges from fantastic to on the floor laughing bad.

1 month ago '19        #22
cnbftbgb 
 OldBusiness said

I haven't played in about a week but is there a day/night cycle in the game? It looks like the shadows are moving left to right, like the sun is moving.

A lot of games have this happen but its never this noticeable or often. This is like every 10 secs lol.

1 month ago '12        #23
 cnbftbgb said

I haven't played in about a week but is there a day/night cycle in the game? It looks like the shadows are moving left to right, like the sun is moving.

A lot of games have this happen but its never this noticeable or often. This is like every 10 secs lol.
Nah its looking more like a rendering/streaming issue. You can trigger it when you want even if you're inside or outside, or in an outdoor environment or anywhere by focusing the camera on a shadow like that, looking away, and then looking back it real fast. And they don't move left to right, they more so 'jiggle' kinda like their finishing up rendering lol, its real odd. Ima try and get some more screens of it
+1   

1 month ago '05        #24
Soprano ATL  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 26264 26 K  Slaps total: 2220 2 K
My coworker told me to get it, I’m coming up on the first lord. We’ll see. Seems dope so far, combat kind of reminds me of FF VII remake a little bit. Maybe I’m not remembering correctly.

1 month ago '05        #25
P-Hill 
Props total: 32487 32 K  Slaps total: 2141 2 K
 OldBusiness said

that's the sun moving in real time my G.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+125online now  29
These Historical figures brought so much joy to the black community
328 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+202online now  28
Image(s) inside Finished my C8 Corvette Build
83 comments
2 days ago
@rides
most viewed right now
online now  20
Video inside LmaoÖ.26 y/o still living at home trying to manifest a million dollar h..
280 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+283online now  11
Canít believe Floyd actually did this to Canelo. 😵😵&#..
252 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy