Sep 16 - COVID-vaccine booster shot shows promise in Israeli study

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '15        #1
1218 page views
86 comments

Top Goon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x186
Props total: 152584 152 K  Slaps total: 18674 18 K
Sep 16 - COVID-vaccine booster shot shows promise in Israeli study

Older Israelis who have received a third dose of a COVID-19 vaccine are much less likely to test positive for SARS-CoV-2 or to develop severe COVID-19 than are those who have had only two jabs, according to a highly anticipated study published on 15 September1.

The standard regimen for messenger RNA-based COVID-19 vaccines is two doses, but some governments, including Israel’s, have started administering third ‘booster’ shots. The latest study evaluated 1.1 million Israelis over the age of 60 who had received their first two doses at least five months earlier. Twelve or more days after receiving a third jab, participants were about 19.5 times less likely to have severe COVID-19 than were people in the same age group who had received only two jabs and were studied during a similar time period.

“It’s a very strong result,” says Susan Ellenberg, a biostatistician at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, who adds that the data might be the most robust she has seen in favour of boosters. But potential biases in the data leave some scientists unconvinced that boosters are necessary for all populations — and the data do not dispel concerns about vaccine equity when billions of people are still waiting for their first jab.

Israel, which got an early start on vaccinating its population, began offering third doses of the Pfizer–BioNTech vaccine in July, to people aged 60 and over. The latest analysis links the third jab not only with a significant reduction in severe COVID-19, but also with an 11.3-fold reduction in SARS-CoV-2 infections.

But Ellie Murray, an epidemiologist at Boston University in Massachusetts, cautions that observational studies such as this analysis can contain biases that are difficult to identify and account for. For example, people who sign up to get a booster might have a different risk of COVID-19, or behave differently, from people who do not get a third jab.

Ellenberg says that the authors try to address some of these potential biases. Even if not all biases have been eliminated, she says, the magnitude of the effect suggests that the booster offers some protection, at least in the short term. The authors of the study could not be reached before publication.

Global ramifications
The findings come as a slew of wealthier nations consider offering booster shots. An advisory committee of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will discuss Pfizer’s application to supply boosters in the United States on 17 September. One of the authors of the Israeli study is slated to present data to the committee.

Murray argues that the potential biases in the data, and insufficient evidence for waning immunity after vaccination, mean that the latest findings don’t indicate a “strong need” for boosters. “From a public-health perspective, it’s way, way more impactful to get more people vaccinated than it is to boost the vaccine effectiveness by a few percentage points in those who have already gotten the vaccine,” she says.

Murray is not alone in finding the Israeli results insufficient to justify boosters. A review2 published on 13 September by a team that includes two high-ranking FDA scientists cites a preprint3 of the study and notes that the short-term protective effect documented in Israel “would not necessarily imply worthwhile long-term benefit”.

Dvir Aran, a biomedical data scientist at Technion — Israel Institute of Technology in Haifa, says that Israel has deployed boosters to stop transmission in younger people and to prevent severe disease and deaths in older people.

“Is it the best way? Whether a two-week lockdown would have given a similar result, I can’t answer that question,” he says. “But it’s an interesting approach, trying to stop an outbreak like this with vaccinations.”

visit this link https://www.nature.com/ar .. 86-021-02516-4
+2   

best
worst
86 comments

1 month ago '20        #2
BuiltForThis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 17968 17 K  Slaps total: 31086 31 K
2 injections supposedly showed promise as well.

Last edited by BuiltForThis; 09-16-2021 at 08:23 PM..
+3   

1 month ago '11        #3
Pakchoy 
Props total: 76608 76 K  Slaps total: 1064 1 K
 BuiltForThis said
2 injections supposedly showed promise well.

Lol these bi*ches will be lining up for the rest of their lives.
+12   

1 month ago '06        #4
illathruz 
Props total: 11416 11 K  Slaps total: 2298 2 K
Seems like that's great news

+5   

1 month ago '14        #5
Swade009  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 19064 19 K  Slaps total: 11669 11 K
 BuiltForThis said

Israel is already saying we may need 4
+4   

1 month ago '19        #6
RANK ONE 
Props total: 4258 4 K  Slaps total: 2342 2 K
this is going to end up like the badge system in pokemon

+7   

1 month ago '06        #7
illathruz 
 Swade009 said
So something like the flu vaccine? If so that'd be a tremendous success for science. The first flu vaccine took more than 10 years to make and that was in the 1940s. The fact that they made the covid vaccine so quickly makes you pretty hopeful that we'll beat future viruses

1 month ago '15        #8
majorpain1963 
Props total: 11789 11 K  Slaps total: 1243 1 K
 illathruz said
So something like the flu vaccine? If so that'd be a tremendous success for science. The first flu vaccine took more than 10 years to make and that was in the 1940s. The fact that they made the covid vaccine so quickly makes you pretty hopeful that we'll beat future viruses
I wouldn't bother. They expect medicine to be absolute.
+1   

1 month ago '13        #9
Blackspider 
Props total: 10020 10 K  Slaps total: 2471 2 K
 Swade009 said
Can't wait for the bi weekly shot lmao
+5   

1 month ago '20        #10
 illathruz said
Y’all better wish the Wuhan turns seasonal.

1 month ago '20        #11
 majorpain1963 said
I wouldn't bother. They expect medicine to be absolute.
Which trial phase was it figured out 2 injections will never be sufficient?

1 month ago '14        #12
Swade009  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 19064 19 K  Slaps total: 11669 11 K
 RANK ONE said
this is going to end up like the badge system in pokemon

Yo he got that Johnson & Johnson badge too!!
+1   

1 month ago '06        #13
illathruz 
 BuiltForThis said
Y’all better wish the Wuhan turns seasonal.

Why?

1 month ago '16        #14
Ghostface Killa  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 28464 28 K  Slaps total: 5080 5 K
 illathruz said
If you think this is about curing people instead of making money then I feel for you.
+1   

1 month ago '20        #15
 illathruz said
Why?
Them flu shots are “effective” for 3 months and completely gone before 6 months.

Those are optional seasonal injections with highly questionable results.

Gives no fu*ks about how many Wuhan injections you signed up for.

3 adult injections in under 1 year is where y’all at now.

Optional is how things will work out

If not recalled.

Last edited by BuiltForThis; 09-16-2021 at 07:53 PM..

1 month ago '04        #16
TaeTae 
Props total: 3369 3 K  Slaps total: 433 433
I was promising until dummies kept spreading it and the virus mutated and got stronger

BuiltForThis said

1 month ago '06        #17
illathruz 
 BuiltForThis said
Them flu shots are “effective” for 3 months and completely gone before 6 months.

Those are optional seasonal injections with highly questionable results.

Gives no fu*ks about how many Wuhan injections you signed up for.

3 adult injections in under 1 year is where y’all at now.

Optional is how things will work out

If not recalled.

From what I understand, mRNA is an entirely new way of approaching vaccinations, so I'd guess the frequency of how many times you'd take it would be unknown too. I'd similarly a*sume as the vaccine is improved over time, it'd be more effective.

1 month ago '20        #18
 TaeTae said
I was promising until dummies kept spreading it and the virus mutated and got stronger

Right and 3rd injections of the same failed formulations is promising.

Seriously regardless whatever you need to believe it’s the actual formulations that are ineffective/insufficient and don’t last.

1 month ago '20        #19
 illathruz said
From what I understand, mRNA is an entirely new way of approaching vaccinations, so I'd guess the frequency of how many times you'd take it would be unknown too. I'd similarly a*sume as the vaccine is improved over time, it'd be more effective.
But these EUA liability protected formulations weren’t rushed.

And if they do change formulations those wouldn’t be rushed either.

1 month ago '04        #20
TaeTae 
Props total: 3369 3 K  Slaps total: 433 433
OK well keep that same energy when you catch covid. You don't believe drs and science now so don't go to the hospital when you wake up and can't breathe

BuiltForThis said

Right and 3rd injections of the same failed formulations is promising.

Seriously regardless whatever you need to believe it’s the actual formulations that are ineffective/insufficient and don’t last.

1 month ago '20        #21
 TaeTae said
OK well keep that same energy when you catch covid. You don't believe drs and science now so don't go to the hospital when you wake up and can't breathe
What have you been told once infected after them injections then recovery?

To keep shooting up?

Last edited by BuiltForThis; 09-16-2021 at 08:26 PM..

1 month ago '06        #22
illathruz 
 BuiltForThis said
But these EUA liability protected formulations weren’t rushed.

And if they do change formulations those wouldn’t be rushed either.

I think that the guy who made that claim, Robert Malone, on Steve Bannon's show said he was wrong to have said that.

He said "On this particular legal liability issue I did not hunt down the details myself, and relied on comments from a third party lawyer which were not fully correct." He said the statements put out by Pfizer and HHS “are consistent with my current understanding.”

I honestly had no clue what your post meant so I started reading up and it seems like the guy who said it recanted it.

1 month ago '20        #23
 illathruz said
I think that the guy who made that claim, Robert Malone, on Steve Bannon's show said he was wrong to have said that.

He said "On this particular legal liability issue I did not hunt down the details myself, and relied on comments from a third party lawyer which were not fully correct." He said the statements put out by Pfizer and HHS “are consistent with my current understanding.”

I honestly had no clue what your post meant so I started reading up and it seems like the guy who said it recanted it.

CICP vs VICP

EUA is protected by CICP aka “Prep Act”

You are injecting EUA formulations regardless of FDA approval.

What are you under the impression is about to get approved on Monday?

Y’all spread and parrot so much misinformation and lies that why it’s easy to kick y’all a*s with the FACTS.

Last edited by BuiltForThis; 09-16-2021 at 08:52 PM..

1 month ago '06        #24
illathruz 
 BuiltForThis said
CICP vs VICP

EUA is protected by CICP aka “Prep Act”

You are injecting EUA formulations regardless of FDA approval.

What are you under the impression is about to get approved on Monday?

Y’all spread so much misinformation and lies that why it’s easy to kick y’all a*s with the FACTS.
What misinformation am I kicking? I'm literally asking questions and you're quoting this Robert Malone who retracted his statement.

I honestly don't know what's happening tomorrow and don't know these acronyms.

In layman's terms, are you basically saying that vaccine manufacturers are trying to cover their a*ses against getting sued?

What specifically did I say that was misinformation and/or rude?

1 month ago '20        #25
 illathruz said
What misinformation am I kicking? I'm literally asking questions and you're quoting this Robert Malone who retracted his statement.

I honestly don't know what's happening tomorrow and don't know these acronyms.

In layman's terms, are you basically saying that vaccine manufacturers are trying to cover their a*ses against getting sued?

What specifically did I say that was misinformation and/or rude?
Got nothing to do with that dude.

But anyways all that was said is that both versions are under EUA liability protection.

Are you disagreeing with that?

And y’all bout to be on your 3rd EUA injection with 4th EUA injection pending.

Y’all lab rats for real. And in denial.

Last edited by BuiltForThis; 09-16-2021 at 09:02 PM..

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-46online now  19
DK Metcalf Needed That Milk Of Magnesia. But Found 4 More H0es And Didnt W..
124 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+30online now  16
So animals can walk on water?
54 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-26online now  14
Article inside 21 year old single mother of 2 commits suicide
110 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  10
Video inside BX father figure Kevin Samuels finally comes out and says it?
275 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy