More info from Kaz Yamauchi on Gran Turismo 7's Always Online Requirement.

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '12        #1
438 page views
16 comments

OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 183463 183 K  Slaps total: 10718 10 K
More info from Kaz Yamauchi on Gran Turismo 7's Always Online Requirement.

Gran Turismo series creator, Kazunori Yamauchi, has detailed why Gran Turismo 7 will require an always-online connection. While this has fans riled up, Yamauchi says the connection is necessary for save data and livery data.

In a new interview with Eurogamer, Yamauchi was asked about PlayStation's recent announcement that GT Cafe will always require an online connection.

Yamauchi explained that the online requirement isn't specific to just GT Cafe, but every aspect of the game except for its Arcade mode. He also touched on why such a requirement is even necessary in the first place.

"The requirement for the online connection isn't specific to the Cafe per se — it's just to prevent cheating overall from people trying to modify the save data, so that's the reason for the online connection," Yamauchi said. "The only part of the game that doesn't require an online connection is the Arcade mode, because that has no effect on the save data, so that's possible."

He continued and said if a part of the game deals with save data, it will require an always-online connection.

In a separate interview with gtplanet, Yamauchi further touched on the always-online debacle, adding that "another aspect is for the liveries."

"Livery data is downloaded from the servers even when you're playing offline," Yamauchi said. "So, an online connection is something that is needed pretty much throughout the game. One part of the game that doesn't require any online connection is the Arcade mode, because there's no interaction with the save data and there are no liveries involved, so it doesn't require a network connection to do that."

While this always-online connection sounds necessary (at least according to Yamauchi), fans haven't been happy since word about the requirement was revealed.

Companies have reversed always-online connection requirements before — Microsoft's Xbox One stands are probably the biggest example of such a reversal — so perhaps Yamauchi and the rest of the GT7 team will opt to get rid of the requirement. Based on what Yamauchi has said, though, it seems necessary for the game.

Gran Turismo 7 hits PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 on March 4, 2022. While waiting for the game, read IGN's interview with Yamauchi about bringing 25 years of history to Gran Turismo 7 and then watch the Gran Turismo 7 PlayStation showcase 2021 trailer.
visit this link https://www.ign.com/artic .. ine-connection

So every mode but the Arcade mode will require an online connection to function.

I personally don't have an issue with it since I couldn't remember the last time I didn't have my whole house connected to the internet at all times, but I get why some people are upset. The IGN Article has tweets I cut from the article that featured people complaining about it.

I'm ready to play it(And be terrible at it lol) image
+3   

best
worst
16 comments

1 month ago '17        #2
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 80050 80 K  Slaps total: 27932 27 K
They do always online in career mode mainly to prevent cheaters.

The chief complaint about online gaming
+2   

1 month ago '20        #3
Blafy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 60618 60 K  Slaps total: 4563 4 K

+1   

1 month ago '05        #4
Krazie 
Props total: 42988 42 K  Slaps total: 6652 6 K
+1   

1 month ago '20        #5
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x144
Props total: 80819 80 K  Slaps total: 16996 16 K

Dead on arrival like I said

1 month ago '17        #6
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 80050 80 K  Slaps total: 27932 27 K
 5ive04our said

Imagine saying this dumbass sh*t about Gran Turismo.

sh*t you thought it was Grand Turismo the other day, of course you’d say this dumb sh*t
+3   

1 month ago '06        #7
kpdawg2006 
Props total: 1136 1 K  Slaps total: 88 88
Cant wait, the amount of time and detail along with the history of the cars and car makers is top notch
+1   

1 month ago '06        #8
TreZ 
Props total: 7353 7 K  Slaps total: 1861 1 K
i don't see this as a problem -_-

1 month ago '17        #9
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 182761 182 K  Slaps total: 13246 13 K
It is what it is. I don't see why this is a huge issue today.

+3   

1 month ago '04        #10
thechef 
Props total: 5357 5 K  Slaps total: 111 111
trying to stop cheaters from manipulating the saves in order to get huge credits fast and buy all the top cars.
+4   

1 month ago '12        #11
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
 Naga Sadow said
It is what it is. I don't see why this is a huge issue today.

Yeah same thing I said personally.

If the internet was out at my house, with all the 'always online' sh*t I got running at the crib...I'm pretty sure I'd be trying to find out why the internet was down more than I would be sitting down for a few laps in a racing game

And I know some folks say "Well what if you travel and have to take your ps5 with you?"...I do travel, a lot, and I can honestly say with how huge the PS5 is I won't be lugging it around any time soon, or that odd shaped a*s Series X either (Plus theres remote play lol)

Its folks on Neogaf, Reddit, and Twitter crying about it but honestly they can go to hell. They talkin bout they not gone buy it, then its gonna sell millions like it always will and they'll be right in the starting bloc of a race
+1   

1 month ago '17        #12
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 182761 182 K  Slaps total: 13246 13 K
 OldBusiness said
Yeah same thing I said personally.

If the internet was out at my house, with all the 'always online' sh*t I got running at the crib...I'm pretty sure I'd be trying to find out why the internet was down more than I would be sitting down for a few laps in a racing game

And I know some folks say "Well what if you travel and have to take your ps5 with you?"...I do travel, a lot, and I can honestly say with how huge the PS5 is I won't be lugging it around any time soon, or that odd shaped a*s Series X either (Plus theres remote play lol)

Its folks on Neogaf, Reddit, and Twitter crying about it but honestly they can go to hell. They talkin bout they not gone buy it, then its gonna sell millions like it always will and they'll be right in the starting bloc of a race
I used to travel with my OG Xbox One in my backpack getting a workout. And that hotel internet made online gaming a no go.

I always love it when the internet goes out at home. My son will text me like it's an emergency and then if it's not on within 30 minutes he just goes to sleep until it's back on. I swear he's personally plugged into it too.

+2   

1 month ago '20        #13
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25035 25 K  Slaps total: 6133 6 K
 5ive04our said

if a half a*sed GT like GT sport can move 10 million+ copies, GT7 gonna make a k*lling unlike forza 7 that barely broke 1 million

1 month ago '12        #14
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
 Naga Sadow said
I used to travel with my OG Xbox One in my backpack getting a workout. And that hotel internet made online gaming a no go.

I always love it when the internet goes out at home. My son will text me like it's an emergency and then if it's not on within 30 minutes he just goes to sleep until it's back on. I swear he's personally plugged into it too.

Pretty much the same sh*t I'd do too
+1   

1 month ago '16        #15
Hoggystyle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 81886 81 K  Slaps total: 8993 8 K
I tried playin a*seta corsa earlier I was trash kept fu*kin up the drift train and n*ggas wanted to kick me
+1   

1 month ago '16        #16
Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10842 10 K  Slaps total: 1936 1 K
 Hoggystyle said
I tried playin a*seta corsa earlier I was trash kept fu*kin up the drift train and n*ggas wanted to kick me
+1   

1 month ago '13        #17
PsychoCyber 
Props total: 6017 6 K  Slaps total: 377 377
Don’t give a fu*k still copping day 1 regardless

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  30
Article inside Btc 100k++ coming
153 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+48online now  22
Image(s) inside For the BMF watchers on BX , Apparently "Lamar" Is based on OG Layton ..
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+31online now  22
Y'all Called It, Shuri is Definitely Not Black Panther Now
179 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  16
Hassan Campbell Responds To FBG Ducks Mother...."Duck Is Burning In Hell Right..
183 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy