Gran Turismo 7 to support Ray Tracing

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '04        #1
411 page views
22 comments

Wawdy24 
Props total: 8682 8 K  Slaps total: 3825 3 K
Gran Turismo 7 to support Ray Tracing

In replays and in the Garage. Also, Dynamic Weather (in some capacity) is being implemented. Also a boost in the games physics engine.

visit this link https://wccftech.com/gran .. plays-physics/

Gran Turismo 7 will support ray tracing on PlayStation 5, but only in certain modes, according to the game's director.

Speaking with Japanese website Game Watch, Polyphony's Digital Kazunori Yamauchi revealed that, for the time being, ray tracing is supported during replays and in the garage.

For the time being, you can choose ray tracing in the replay even during the game, and then you can see the stage demo and the picture with ray tracing applied in the garage.

More details on Gran Turismo 7 have also emerged online thanks to a few other interviews. Speaking with GT Planet, Kazunori Yamauchi confirmed that the game will feature more natural driving physics that will be better than those featured in GT Sport. Some of the best Gran Turismo players in the world have also helped Polyphony improve the game's physics engine.

In terms of physics, of course, it is something in the game that we have been evolving for the last 25 years. In GT7, I think you'll find the precision has increased. I also think you'll feel it to be more natural, even more-so than in GT Sport.

Now we have new people like Igor Fraga and Mikhail Hizal joining the family. We have feedback from them that has been very useful in tuning that.

Speaking to Eurogamer, the Gran Turismo 7 director also confirmed the game will feature dynamic weather that will impact gameplay in some capacity.

One other point of clarity I wanted to make was about dynamic time and weather, which wasn't a part of Gran Turismo Sport.

Kazunori Yamauchi: In GT7, the time and weather will be moving in real time.

That's all good news to me. The recent blog post said something about Gran Turismo having a different approach to the weather system and how it works. I wonder if you could talk through a bit more about how dynamic weather works in Gran Turismo 7 - does it impact track surface temperature, if there's a dynamic track, does it rubber in over the course of an event?

Kazunori Yamauchi: We don't have a system for simulating the amount of rubber that's laid on the track, but we do have a simulation of where the rain would create a level of water over the track. When a car passes over it, it will spray aside, and so the racing lines will dry quicker than the other parts of the track. That's something that is simulated and does affect the grip of the course accordingly as time goes on, and the track begins to dry in different places. The air temperature, the humidity, and then the road surface temperature will also be affected by these weather changes as well.

Gran Turismo 7 launches on March 4th, 2022 on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 worldwide.

best
worst
22 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10843 10 K  Slaps total: 1936 1 K
You beating this drum is sad. GT7 is for a specific audience and no one does it better than them. Pro racing game, stop trying to compare it to forza. People who want a real racing sim come to GT. It’s that simple.

When it comes to a realistic racing experience, they're both fantastic, but GT Sport is undoubtedly the more serious-minded racer of the two for those looking to improve their lap times. Forza, on the other hand, uses the content to its advantage and also promotes a more entertaining and forgiving driving experience

They don’t aim for taking 8-16k shots of wilderness and etc. That’s not their game. They take real tracks and convert them into a game. That’s why you don’t see rivers and lakes and forests because that doesn’t have sh*t to do with what their vision is.
+3   

1 month ago '17        #3
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 80052 80 K  Slaps total: 27932 27 K
Wawdy you don’t even play video games man. I just hope MS is paying you for this nonsense
+1   

1 month ago '15        #4
Truthseeker007 
Props total: 3987 3 K  Slaps total: 616 616
Hmm, interesting....anybody see this?

Forza Horizon 5 will not feature ray-tracing during regular gameplay. This is a bit of a bummer. However, the bright exterior environment with high roughness surfaces like dirt and foliage isn’t exactly the best showcase for features like ray-traced reflections.

Instead, Playground games decided to deploy ray-tracing where it would the most: up close and personal in the Forzavista model viewer. Forzavista is a separate mode where players can view in-game vehicle models at their highest level of detail.

Hey Wawdy, did you make a thread about this when it was announced?

+1   

1 month ago '12        #5
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 183463 183 K  Slaps total: 10719 10 K
 Truthseeker007 said

He made this thread in response to when the Sony guys made a thread about Horizon not having raytracing lol.

And this doesn't bother me just like it doesn't for Horizon. Both games look phenomenal in my opinion and I can't wait to get a chance to try both of them out.

Both games have beautiful lighting without Raytracing, especially GT7's night scenes, so in my opinion since they both look this good without it, I don't even think they need it
+2   

1 month ago '12        #6
BrooklynSwag 
Props total: 9900 9 K  Slaps total: 2267 2 K
Ponies mad because Wawdy doing what they do
+7   

1 month ago '17        #7
 OldBusiness said
He made this thread in response to when the Sony guys made a thread about Horizon not having raytracing lol.

And this doesn't bother me just like it doesn't for Horizon. Both games look phenomenal in my opinion and I can't wait to get a chance to try both of them out.

Both games have beautiful lighting without Raytracing, especially GT7's night scenes, so in my opinion since they both look this good without it, I don't even think they need it
Most of us said we ainít care about this in Forza either.

Yíall just be making up narratives to give bozos you like on here passes for doing bozo sh*t

1 month ago '14        #8
LocdUpProd  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 13717 13 K  Slaps total: 1818 1 K
I’m just here to say

Same sh*t as forza

All that hype to end up with the same sh*t
+3   

1 month ago '17        #9
 LocdUpProd said
Iím just here to say

Same sh*t as forza

All that hype to end up with the same sh*t
Nobody was hyping up GT to be something super crazy graphically man

You n*ggas reaching hard in this thread right now to justify this nonsense. Who the fu*k is gonna check for how the light reflects off they whip in a racing game? Most of us race in first person cameras lmfao.

This section sucks man

1 month ago '20        #10
Keep God First 
Props total: 12592 12 K  Slaps total: 11487 11 K
Good thing I had zero intentions on buying this game or any racing game for that matter

1 month ago '20        #11
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25037 25 K  Slaps total: 6133 6 K
had a feeling RT would likely not be included but at least it's more than what FH5 isn doing

1 month ago '20        #12
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x144
Props total: 80819 80 K  Slaps total: 16996 16 K
 D1dnt read said
had a feeling RT would likely not be included but at least it's more than what FH5 isn doing

+2   

1 month ago '20        #13
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25037 25 K  Slaps total: 6133 6 K
 5ive04our said

weren't y'all talking all that native 4k 60fps RT sh*t for the series X

as soon as it was revealed that FH5 wouldn't have any of that, all we saw was:

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 month ago '05        #14
Krazie 
Props total: 42988 42 K  Slaps total: 6652 6 K
Gran Turismo ain't been sh*t since 2003

1 month ago '20        #15
5ive04our  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x144
Props total: 80819 80 K  Slaps total: 16996 16 K
 TonyCartagena said
Oh oh

Edit: Is It True It Doesnt Have Ray Tracing During Gameplay... And Only Ray Tracing In Photo Mode?

Novii said
Damn woke up to n*ggas mad pressed

The game is 4k 30 with no RT on XSX.
Y’all had venom for Sony talking about y’all had the most powerful console and wouldn’t have to make sacrifices due to dedicated hardware. Slap away. Truth hurts seeing your console not do what y’all thought it would be able to.

Series S is 1080p at 30 FPS. What’s it going to be in performance? 720p to get 60 FPS???? Less?!

I thought SSR was a bad thing and now XSX needs it? What happened to the RT accelerated dedicated hardware? Velocity architecture???

See what it means to play specs over games??
 Da Ill One said
I don't care for this sh*t. I'll play the game with 8 bit graphics, BUT this is disappointing from a fan standpoint who was promised a certain level of performance.

Still day one though
Bros can’t even keep that same energy like they had for Forza. Smh trying to let the thread die and shxt oh well it ain’t.

1 month ago '17        #16
 5ive04our said
Bros canít even keep that same energy like they had for Forza. Smh trying to let the thread die and shxt oh well it ainít.

Literally only one of those people in this this thread and the man has the same exact energy

Why do you guys force this antagonizing bullsh*t?

1 month ago '17        #17
 Krazie said
Gran Turismo ain't been sh*t since 2003
Bro the only Forza you played like that was the fast and furious DLC in Horizon 2.

You donít care about racing games at all. Get a fooking life already smh

1 month ago '04        #18
Wawdy24  OP
 Novii said
You beating this drum is sad. GT7 is for a specific audience and no one does it better than them. Pro racing game, stop trying to compare it to forza. People who want a real racing sim come to GT. Itís that simple.

They donít aim for taking 8-16k shots of wilderness and etc. Thatís not their game. They take real tracks and convert them into a game. Thatís why you donít see rivers and lakes and forests because that doesnít have sh*t to do with what their vision is.
You a*suming is getting old...

Where did I write one bad thing about anything in the OP?

You fu*king fanboys k*ll me

1 month ago '16        #19
Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10843 10 K  Slaps total: 1936 1 K
 Wawdy24 said
You a*suming is getting old...

Where did I write one bad thing about anything in the OP?

You fu*king fanboys k*ll me
Donít do that. Everyone knows why you made this thread, and Iím not mad you did. From the title to how your thread starts. Cmon bro.

We all have a console we champion, just some of yíall take it more personal then others. None of yíall exist to me in real life so I donít hate any of you. I prop a lot of yíall in different sections weíre all fan boys in this section to some capacity. All Iím saying is and WAS that GT is the flight sim of racing games. It gets right what a lot of F1 games donít. Their attention to detail is nuts. Forza is beautiful, Iíll never take that from you Xbox n*ggas no matter how much itís easy to troll yíall but the games tryna accomplish different things.

What I DO want to see is how GT7 compares to the new Forza Motorsport. Feel free to tag me when it happens

1 month ago '04        #20
Wawdy24  OP
 5ive04our said

He forgets Forza Horizon 5 has Ray Traced Audio also... wonder where that is in GT7?

1 month ago '05        #21
TonyCartagena 
Props total: 58978 58 K  Slaps total: 9897 9 K
 Truthseeker007 said

Thread
Plus OP Is 99% Wrong On His News

Last edited by TonyCartagena; 09-16-2021 at 02:35 PM..

1 month ago '04        #22
Wawdy24  OP
 Novii said
What I DO want to see is how GT7 compares to the new Forza Motorsport. Feel free to tag me when it happens
Have to wait until end of 2022 for that I think

1 month ago '17        #23
 Wawdy24 said
He forgets Forza Horizon 5 has Ray Traced Audio also... wonder where that is in GT7?
n*gga who the fu*k is checking for Ray Traced audio in a racing game?

Does this sh*t have dope cars, courses and is the driving fun a in an arcade or simulation way? Thatís all racing fans care about.

This n*gga said Ray Tracing audio bruh

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+48online now  23
Image(s) inside For the BMF watchers on BX , Apparently "Lamar" Is based on OG Layton ..
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+31online now  21
Y'all Called It, Shuri is Definitely Not Black Panther Now
181 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  18
Article inside Btc 100k++ coming
153 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
online now  15
Hassan Campbell Responds To FBG Ducks Mother...."Duck Is Burning In Hell Right..
183 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy