Nas Opens Up About ‘Mentally & Physically Hard’ COVID-19 Battle

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

4 weeks ago '18        #1
3214 page views
78 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x108
Props total: 133385 133 K  Slaps total: 5890 5 K
Nas Opens Up About ‘Mentally & Physically Hard’ COVID-19 Battle

ig_rid=c0a4eedb-37cb-4fdf-9f99-e58f62795e8f
"The pandemic allowed Nas to step back from touring and traveling to focus on music, resulting in winning his first ever Grammy for King’s Disease. But the changes didn’t come without setbacks to his health.

During a recent cover story for Ebony, the Queensbridge rapper revealed he tested positive for COVID-19 in October 2020, which took its toll on him.

“I caught COVID in late October,” Nas said. “This is the first time [I’m] mentioning it. It was a tough time. It was mentally and physically hard. It’s just today’s world, with chemical warfare, crazy politics, racism, food shortages, police malpractice, Black-on-Black murder. The human spirit is being tested. I think that God has a plan for all of this. But right now, we’re in a serious time.”

Elsewhere in the interview, Nas explained how he gets stopped more for investment tips than rap advice nowadays. After reportedly becoming $100m richer in April, it’s no wonder.

“I got people that stop me in the street to ask me about investment tips more than music,” Nas revealed. “It’s really crazy, man. I met another Black man named Nasir; he’s doing his thing. He told me how I’m inspirational to him in that world of investors and fundraising. That’s what I get a lot now. That’s really rewarding. It used to be only, ‘I’m inspired by you to rap,’ which I still hear, and I still love it. But it’s about letting people know, ‘This is what I’m doing. You do it, too.’”

He also co-signed New York-born, New Jersey-raised rapper Lady London and talked about wanting to be put alongside some of the Hip Hop greats.

“I like Lady London,” Nas said. “Kendrick Lamar. Cordae. I think rappers today have [an] entrepreneurial spirit, and they know even more than what I used to and are seizing opportunities. They just have to balance the street and their long-term goals.”

As for his legacy, he admitted, “I just wanna become as great as the ones I came up thinking were the greatest. Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, LL, Slick Rick, Ice Cube—the list goes on. I just wanna be able to look at myself and say that I did what they are doing.”

visit this link https://hiphopdx.com/news .. ovid-19-battle
+44   

best
worst
78 comments

4 weeks ago '13        #2
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 102334 102 K  Slaps total: 41838 41 K
The flu is now renamed Covid

4 weeks ago '10        #3
SmoothTay 
Props total: 84143 84 K  Slaps total: 10431 10 K
Damn they got the God
+19   

4 weeks ago '18        #4
Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x108 OP
Props total: 133385 133 K  Slaps total: 5890 5 K
 THEDONN said

Agreed, a highly deadly flu strain.

4 weeks ago '13        #5
 Eclectic said
Agreed, a highly deadly flu strain.
HIghly deadly fam?

99% survival rate before the #ClotShots

4 weeks ago '06        #6
angelo noel 
Props total: 8656 8 K  Slaps total: 3646 3 K
Ok? n*gga talking about COVID-19 like it was Ebola.

4 weeks ago '07        #7
RubbahBandMayn 
Props total: 33597 33 K  Slaps total: 2194 2 K
“I got people that stop me in the street to ask me about investment tips more than music,” Nas revealed. “It’s really crazy, man. I met another Black man named Nasir; he’s doing his thing. He told me how I’m inspirational to him in that world of investors and fundraising. That’s what I get a lot now. That’s really rewarding. It used to be only, ‘I’m inspired by you to rap,’ which I still hear, and I still love it. But it’s about letting people know, ‘This is what I’m doing. You do it, too.’”
+17   

4 weeks ago '11        #8
Sinamatik CFR  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 53063 53 K  Slaps total: 5359 5 K
i think i caught that sh*t at least twice already... keep ya health intact and survive the storm. I only say think because i never got tested since this sh*t started.

But i did lost taste and smell for 2-3 days, most annoying sh*t ever, i cant even imagine how wild it is for some who claim they never got their taste or smell back!
+15   

4 weeks ago '20        #9
Gmoney419 
Props total: 5676 5 K  Slaps total: 789 789
 Sinamatik CFR said
i think i caught that sh*t at least twice already... keep ya health intact and survive the storm. I only say think because i never got tested since this sh*t started.

But i did lost taste and smell for 2-3 days, most annoying sh*t ever, i cant even imagine how wild it is for some who claim they never got their taste or smell back!
The strangest sh*t for me has been everything literally smelling like beef. It’s hard to explain but I got COVID way back in February. Lost my smell for a while but taste never left. My smell finally had came back around March but it wasn’t fully back. By like may everything was back to normal. No cap for the last month and a half this beefy smell has been consistent with damn near everything. All my weed smell like it. Food smells like it. It’s weird as hell. It’s to the point I had sloppy joe last night n couldn’t finish it because it literally smells like everything I’ve been smelling.

I’m vaccinated so idk if it’s a lingering COVID symptom or possibly even a vaccine symptom. I’d still recommend the vaccine at least to people who travel. Me and my girl was in Puerto Rico last month and while we were there the vaccine proof kicked in for bars and places. We were good because we had the card but they really do enforce it. That’s also where I started noticing the beef smell. I thought it was cuz maybe the cooked with a lot of pork but nope it’s been consistent since then
+8   

4 weeks ago '06        #10
Storchaveli  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 28109 28 K  Slaps total: 6765 6 K
 THEDONN said

No one listen to this low IQ f*g**t. Talk to your doctor with any questions. This dumbass barely graduated high school.
+6   

4 weeks ago '13        #11
 Storchaveli said
No one listen to this low IQ f*g**t. Talk to your doctor with any questions. This dumbass barely graduated high school.
Look at this agent

"nobody listen to him, please"

fu*kin dork
+1   

4 weeks ago '06        #12
 THEDONN said
Look at this agent

"nobody listen to him, please"

fu*kin dork
You’re in every thread that mentions vaccines or Covid like a fu*king troll. You have no life. You’re a loser. No matter how much you squeal about Covid or vaccines, the VAST majority in this country accept common sense. You lose.
+16   

4 weeks ago '13        #13
 Storchaveli said
You’re in every thread that mentions vaccines or Covid like a fu*king troll. You have no life. You’re a loser. No matter how much you squeal about Covid or vaccines, the VAST majority in this country accept common sense. You lose.
Fam u cant project your weird life on me

You are literally in every thread about covid

I AM in a NAS thread

fu*kin nerd
+1   

4 weeks ago '06        #14
 THEDONN said
Fam u cant project your weird life on me

You are literally in every thread about covid

I AM in a NAS thread

fu*kin nerd
I’m not your fam, stupid fu*k. You’re a mental midget. And yes you are… talking about what?

THEDONN said

THEDONN said
HIghly deadly fam?

You fu*king low IQ tinfoil, Special Ed f*g**t. 39,0000 SLAPS and he’s still here. No one likes you.
+5   

4 weeks ago '11        #15
 Gmoney419 said
The strangest sh*t for me has been everything literally smelling like beef. It’s hard to explain but I got COVID way back in February. Lost my smell for a while but taste never left. My smell finally had came back around March but it wasn’t fully back. By like may everything was back to normal. No cap for the last month and a half this beefy smell has been consistent with damn near everything. All my weed smell like it. Food smells like it. It’s weird as hell. It’s to the point I had sloppy joe last night n couldn’t finish it because it literally smells like everything I’ve been smelling.

I’m vaccinated so idk if it’s a lingering COVID symptom or possibly even a vaccine symptom. I’d still recommend the vaccine at least to people who travel. Me and my girl was in Puerto Rico last month and while we were there the vaccine proof kicked in for bars and places. We were good because we had the card but they really do enforce it. That’s also where I started noticing the beef smell. I thought it was cuz maybe the cooked with a lot of pork but nope it’s been consistent since then
Not sure abt the smell thing, i think mines is back fine, i just been having lingering congestion, which may be from smoking vs covid, but other than that, everything seems normal.

yeah to his/her own with taking the vax, either way, we all still got the same 50/50 chance of waking up tomorrow, live life!
+1   

4 weeks ago '13        #16
 Storchaveli said
I’m not your fam, stupid fu*k. You’re a mental midget. And yes you are… talking about what?

You fu*king low IQ tinfoil, Special Ed f*g**t. 35,0000 SLAPS and he’s still here. No one likes you.
This is a hiphop thread

Take your corny a*s back to the news section

You're stupid a*s must of got confused

WHen i feel like truth bombing the news section i will truth bomb the news section

Now run along f*g**t

4 weeks ago '21        #17
Linas Kleiza 
Props total: 5459 5 K  Slaps total: 2778 2 K
He got the flu and acts like he saw Satan himself. Now he knows when the world is going to end

Nas is the Kyrie Irving of hip hop

4 weeks ago '15        #18
d a n n y z 
Props total: 2140 2 K  Slaps total: 301 301
 THEDONN said
HIghly deadly fam?

99% sounds good, but it isn't.

41,600,600 covid cases in the US
667,000 covid deaths in the US

99% survival rate still means 700K dead Americans.
+3   

4 weeks ago '13        #19
 d a n n y z said
99% sounds good, but it isn't.

41,600,600 covid cases in the US
667,000 covid deaths in the US

99% survival rate still means 700K dead Americans.
Fam people literally die every day

Hospitals are literally labeling deaths covid regardless of cause

4 weeks ago '09        #20
The Bully  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x44
Props total: 161625 161 K  Slaps total: 33968 33 K
probably got it when he was running around everywhere shooting all those videos for King's Disease 1

glad the GOAT made it tho
+4   

4 weeks ago '06        #21
 THEDONN said
This is a hiphop thread
Like I said… you’re in every Covid thread talking about Covid… also doing it in a hip hop thread. fu*king bum.

39,000 SLAPS

fu*king loser.
+6   

4 weeks ago '13        #22
 Storchaveli said
Like I said… you’re in every Covid thread talking about Covid… also doing it in a hip hop thread. fu*king bum.

39,000 SLAPS

fu*king loser.

4 weeks ago '07        #23
Avon_Barksdale  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x115
Props total: 243011 243 K  Slaps total: 21713 21 K
 Eclectic said

As for his legacy, he admitted, “I just wanna become as great as the ones I came up thinking were the greatest. Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, LL, Slick Rick, Ice Cube—the list goes on. I just wanna be able to look at myself and say that I did what they are doing.”

He's already there imo... A great.

+2   

4 weeks ago '04        #24
tonyblunt 
Props total: 776 776  Slaps total: 105 105
 Sinamatik CFR said

LOL of you lost your smell and taste you had it..what else makes you lose your smell and taste?

My wife still doesnt have either back since last Nov. Thats what Nas mean by "takes a toll" not everyone that doesnt end up in the hospital has it minor or bounces right back.

I noticed he didnt wanna give any details about his experience judging by some of the posts its was missed opportunity to tamp down some ignorance..
+4   

4 weeks ago '11        #25
 tonyblunt said
LOL of you lost your smell and taste you had it..what else makes you lose your smell and taste?

My wife still doesnt have either back since last Nov. Thats what Nas mean by "takes a toll" not everyone that doesnt end up in the hospital has it minor or bounces right back.

I noticed he didnt wanna give any details about his experience judging by some of the posts its was missed opportunity to tamp down some ignorance..
im not a dr, so i wont diagnose it, i know i had it the time i lost my taste and smell for sure... i had visited my mom and brother that same week and they ended up catching it...

talk abt a guilt trip, both them n*ggas was actin like they was done!

enough of this for me though, a family friend just got burried today dying from the sh*t...
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+31online now  22
Article inside Men Are Now More Likely to Be Single Than Women.
192 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside HALLOWEEN k*llS (2021) | US Premiere
77 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+309online now  16
Video inside My Man Can't Be a Security Guard No More After This....
181 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+32online now  6
Ted Sarandos: Dave Chappelle 'Content Doesn’t Directly Translate to Real-World..
64 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy