Sep 15 - A Florida landlord says tenants must get vaccinated against COVID-19 or move out

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
+35  71
38 replies  @movies

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '11        #1
1467 page views
44 comments

Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x40
Props total: 163343 163 K  Slaps total: 22808 22 K
Sep 15 - A Florida landlord says tenants must get vaccinated against COVID-19 or move out

-Florida landlord Santiago Alvarez is requiring his tenants and employees get the COVID-19 vaccine.
-At least one tenant is arguing they should not have to "disclose my personal health information."
-Alvarez said he would make exceptions for people with medical or religious exemptions.

A Florida landlord is requiring his tenants to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to continue living on his property.

Santiago Alvarez announced in August that any new tenants as well as those renewing their leases would be required to show proof of vaccination. The rule will also apply to his employees, who will face termination if they do not comply, The Washington Post reported.

Alvarez, who oversees 1,200 apartment units, told The Post at least twelve of his tenants had already died from COVID-19.

"It very much upsets me that my employees are exposed to [covid-19] all days of the week because there is someone who does not want to get vaccinated," Alvarez said. "If you don't want to get vaccinated, I have the obligation and the duty to protect my workers and tenants."

One tenant, Jasmine Irby, complained to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to protest Alvarez's new policy, arguing she should be able to renew her lease "without having to disclose my personal health information," The Post reported. Irby, who does not plan on getting vaccinated, ultimately moved out when her lease ended in August.

Alvarez told The Post most of his tenants were grateful for the new requirement.

"You don't want to get vaccinated? You have to move," Alvarez said. "It's a lack of consideration for your neighbor, it's a lack of consideration to their own families, to their children."

In April, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis banned state agencies and local business from requiring "vaccine passports."

DeSantis' press secretary, Christina Pushaw, told Alvarez's policy violates the state's ban.

"Florida law is very clear. A business owner (landlord) cannot require vaccine passports as a condition of entry. Each violation of the law will result in a $5000 fine," Pushaw said, adding that the Florida Department of Health will be in charge of enforcing the ban when it goes into effect on September 16.

"By the way, Mr. Alvarez and all who agree with him should be informed that vaccinated people can still transmit COVID to others, although they're protected against severe illness," Pushaw added. "The idea of requiring vaccine passports is unscientific and will not achieve 'lower cases.' Without mandates, cases are dropping rapidly in Florida on their own."

Alvarez's attorney, who told The Post Alvarez will allow for medical and religious exemptions, did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

visit this link https://www.insider.com/l .. ove-out-2021-9
+2   

best
worst
44 comments

1 month ago '06        #2
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 89030 89 K  Slaps total: 14350 14 K
Interested in how all of the pro-private property folks are going to feel about this man conditioning the rental of his private property by others...
+10   

1 month ago '18        #3
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 67686 67 K  Slaps total: 5712 5 K
His property he can do whatever the fu*k he wants capitalism

+17   

1 month ago '13        #4
hoodnurd 
Props total: 3275 3 K  Slaps total: 525 525
So nice to own a home
+11   

1 month ago '17        #5
TheGreyOne 
Props total: 3896 3 K  Slaps total: 991 991
Damn, they're leaving this one alone ain't they?

I can't wait until a club demands to show proof of a negative STD/AIDS test. I can't see the legal argument that could mandate the one but ban the other.

Insurance companies about to use this COVID (health) mandate to usher in a bold new era.
+18   

1 month ago '17        #6
thc 
Props total: 14491 14 K  Slaps total: 1212 1 K
 Sin said

"If you don't want to get vaccinated, I have the obligation and the duty to protect my workers and tenants."
isnt that what the vaccine is doing?
+7   

1 month ago '19        #7
SlimKenobi 
Props total: 4271 4 K  Slaps total: 711 711
Yea no way this will stand up in court.
+2   

1 month ago '17        #8
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 52819 52 K  Slaps total: 8003 8 K
Too bad landlords nor employer can access your medical records.. this is a non issue
+13   

1 month ago '05        #9
bklyn 
Props total: 4457 4 K  Slaps total: 2519 2 K
Not like the landlord gonna be living at the property. Why does he care if the tenant is vaccinated or not?

People really obsessed with this damn vaccine.
+9   

1 month ago '20        #10
BuiltForThis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 17564 17 K  Slaps total: 30504 30 K

+1   

1 month ago '20        #11
NamelessONE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 4552 4 K  Slaps total: 1066 1 K
 bklyn said
Not like the landlord gonna be living at the property. Why does he care if the tenant is vaccinated or not?

Read

1 month ago '20        #12
godhillie 
Props total: 2494 2 K  Slaps total: 457 457
 DUCEDUCE said
His property he can do whatever the fu*k he wants capitalism

Nah.
Civil Rights act of 1964 bro.
+5   

1 month ago '20        #13
godhillie 
Props total: 2494 2 K  Slaps total: 457 457
 TheGreyOne said

I can't wait until a club demands to show proof of a negative STD/AIDS test. I can't see the legal argument that could mandate the one but ban the other.

Insurance companies about to use this COVID (health) mandate to usher in a bold new era.

No vaccine no health or life insurance...
Or a higher premium and lower coverage rates...

1 month ago '17        #14
FashCashVasquez  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 14529 14 K  Slaps total: 7867 7 K
Would the population rather ho homeless
Than get the jab

1 month ago '08        #15
Lot17 
Props total: 5530 5 K  Slaps total: 1141 1 K
So is he going to get fined 5k per tenant ?

1 month ago '05        #16
blah blah blah  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 92359 92 K  Slaps total: 77777 77 K
Vax tards logic makes 0 sense. sh*t is as sad as it is comical

+1   

1 month ago '10        #17
lltreyll 
Props total: 5524 5 K  Slaps total: 1715 1 K
The choice someone made about whether to get covid shots is not the problem. The choice of people allowing themself to get overweight has always been the main problem.

Fat people are the main cause for the spread, severity and even mutations of covid.

78% of covid related hospitalizations are fat people. What a coincidence.

90% of deaths happen where high obesity rates are. What a coincidence.

The most common health condition of people that die or have a rough time with covid is that theyre fat. What a coincidence.

Breakthrough cases after getting covid shots and still having problems is usually due to being fat. What a coincidence.

Ace2 receptors are how covid is supposed to infect and how it spreads, the lungs and adipose (fat) tissues are where ace2 receptors are. So again it all leads to fat people. What a massive, never ending coincidence...

Covid shot or not, fat people were and still are the problem.

1 month ago '07        #18
240ka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 23911 23 K  Slaps total: 6726 6 K
 Lot17 said
So is he going to get fined 5k per tenant ?
The same want Desantis banned mask mandates?

1 month ago '20        #19
bayareapiff 
Props total: 1776 1 K  Slaps total: 217 217
 TheGreyOne said

You can't give people AIDS by coughing or breathing that sh*t into the air tho
+3   

1 month ago '17        #20
Mario Chalmers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 38965 38 K  Slaps total: 11142 11 K
 Lite said
Too bad landlords nor employer can access your medical records.. this is a non issue
Too bad a land lord can chose who stays at their property.

Last edited by Mario Chalmers; 09-15-2021 at 09:39 PM..

1 month ago '15        #21
SSJ4 Goku  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 101631 101 K  Slaps total: 10086 10 K
 bklyn said

Probably because they ain't pay rent.

1 month ago '08        #22
stead21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 12048 12 K  Slaps total: 1858 1 K
 Sin said

-Florida landlord Santiago Alvarez is requiring his tenants and employees get the COVID-19 vaccine.
-At least one tenant is arguing they should not have to "disclose my personal health information."
-Alvarez said he would make exceptions for people with medical or religious exemptions.

A Florida landlord is requiring his tenants to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to continue living on his property.

Santiago Alvarez announced in August that any new tenants as well as those renewing their leases would be required to show proof of vaccination. The rule will also apply to his employees, who will face termination if they do not comply, The Washington Post reported.

Alvarez, who oversees 1,200 apartment units, told The Post at least twelve of his tenants had already died from COVID-19.

"It very much upsets me that my employees are exposed to [covid-19] all days of the week because there is someone who does not want to get vaccinated," Alvarez said. "If you don't want to get vaccinated, I have the obligation and the duty to protect my workers and tenants."

One tenant, Jasmine Irby, complained to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to protest Alvarez's new policy, arguing she should be able to renew her lease "without having to disclose my personal health information," The Post reported. Irby, who does not plan on getting vaccinated, ultimately moved out when her lease ended in August.

Alvarez told The Post most of his tenants were grateful for the new requirement.

"You don't want to get vaccinated? You have to move," Alvarez said. "It's a lack of consideration for your neighbor, it's a lack of consideration to their own families, to their children."

In April, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis banned state agencies and local business from requiring "vaccine passports."

DeSantis' press secretary, Christina Pushaw, told Alvarez's policy violates the state's ban.

"Florida law is very clear. A business owner (landlord) cannot require vaccine passports as a condition of entry. Each violation of the law will result in a $5000 fine," Pushaw said, adding that the Florida Department of Health will be in charge of enforcing the ban when it goes into effect on September 16.

"By the way, Mr. Alvarez and all who agree with him should be informed that vaccinated people can still transmit COVID to others, although they're protected against severe illness," Pushaw added. "The idea of requiring vaccine passports is unscientific and will not achieve 'lower cases.' Without mandates, cases are dropping rapidly in Florida on their own."

Alvarez's attorney, who told The Post Alvarez will allow for medical and religious exemptions, did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

Powerplay, that's all.

1 month ago '21        #23
Swisha2k11 
Props total: 1055 1 K  Slaps total: 618 618
 lltreyll said
The choice someone made about whether to get covid shots is not the problem. The choice of people allowing themself to get overweight has always been the main problem.

Fat people are the main cause for the spread, severity and even mutations of covid.

78% of covid related hospitalizations are fat people. What a coincidence.

90% of deaths happen where high obesity rates are. What a coincidence.

The most common health condition of people that die or have a rough time with covid is that theyre fat. What a coincidence.

Breakthrough cases after getting covid shots and still having problems is usually due to being fat. What a coincidence.

Ace2 receptors are how covid is supposed to infect and how it spreads, the lungs and adipose (fat) tissues are where ace2 receptors are. So again it all leads to fat people. What a massive, never ending coincidence...

Covid shot or not, fat people were and still are the problem.
Vietnam has the lowest obesity rate in the world... COVID is ravaging that country. The death rate is similar to here at about 2%...

1 month ago '15        #24
Still Numskull 
Props total: 22340 22 K  Slaps total: 5587 5 K
Protect the vaccinated

1 month ago '18        #25
Proffesor X  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 64403 64 K  Slaps total: 15221 15 K
 thc said
isnt that what the vaccine is doing?
Make it make sense cuzz...

Also this is a direct violation of HIPPA and a good lawyer will chew this case up in court. He is not obligated to know if anyone is vaccinated or not..he owns the property but that doesn't trump federal HIPPA guidelines

Last edited by Proffesor X; 09-16-2021 at 02:46 AM..

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  16
Oct 19 - Southwest Airlines Gets Their Card Pulled and Caves To Anti-Vaxxers
74 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+30online now  15
This the reason why Big Daddy Kane was so late when they announced his name
108 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  14
Video inside Honda's first all-electric SUV, 3 new concepts revealed
30 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
+42online now  8
Image(s) inside These two women are supposed to have been more successful in Hollywood
77 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy