online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Sep 15 - A Florida landlord says tenants must get vaccinated against COVID-19 or move out

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

3 years ago '11        #1
2047 page views
44 comments

Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x69
Props total: 224149 224 K  Slaps total: 29457 29 K
icon Sep 15 - A Florida landlord says tenants must get vaccinated against COVID-19 or move out

-Florida landlord Santiago Alvarez is requiring his tenants and employees get the COVID-19 vaccine.
-At least one tenant is arguing they should not have to "disclose my personal health information."
-Alvarez said he would make exceptions for people with medical or religious exemptions.

A Florida landlord is requiring his tenants to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to continue living on his property.

Santiago Alvarez announced in August that any new tenants as well as those renewing their leases would be required to show proof of vaccination. The rule will also apply to his employees, who will face termination if they do not comply, The Washington Post reported.

Alvarez, who oversees 1,200 apartment units, told The Post at least twelve of his tenants had already died from COVID-19.

"It very much upsets me that my employees are exposed to [covid-19] all days of the week because there is someone who does not want to get vaccinated," Alvarez said. "If you don't want to get vaccinated, I have the obligation and the duty to protect my workers and tenants."

One tenant, Jasmine Irby, complained to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to protest Alvarez's new policy, arguing she should be able to renew her lease "without having to disclose my personal health information," The Post reported. Irby, who does not plan on getting vaccinated, ultimately moved out when her lease ended in August.

Alvarez told The Post most of his tenants were grateful for the new requirement.

"You don't want to get vaccinated? You have to move," Alvarez said. "It's a lack of consideration for your neighbor, it's a lack of consideration to their own families, to their children."

In April, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis banned state agencies and local business from requiring "vaccine passports."

DeSantis' press secretary, Christina Pushaw, told Alvarez's policy violates the state's ban.

"Florida law is very clear. A business owner (landlord) cannot require vaccine passports as a condition of entry. Each violation of the law will result in a $5000 fine," Pushaw said, adding that the Florida Department of Health will be in charge of enforcing the ban when it goes into effect on September 16.

"By the way, Mr. Alvarez and all who agree with him should be informed that vaccinated people can still tr@nsmit COVID to others, although they're protected against severe illness," Pushaw added. "The idea of requiring vaccine passports is unscientific and will not achieve 'lower cases.' Without mandates, cases are dropping rapidly in Florida on their own."

Alvarez's attorney, who told The Post Alvarez will allow for medical and religious exemptions, did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

https://www.insider.com/l .. ove-out-2021-9
+2   

icon
best
icon
worst
44 comments

3 years ago '06        #2
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 125210 125 K  Slaps total: 27850 27 K
Interested in how all of the pro-private property folks are going to feel about this man conditioning the rental of his private property by others...
+10   

3 years ago '18        #3
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 103459 103 K  Slaps total: 11440 11 K
His property he can do whatever the fu#k he wants capitalism

emoji
+17   

3 years ago '13        #4
hoodnurd 
Props total: 6997 6 K  Slaps total: 747 747
So nice to own a home
+11   

3 years ago '17        #5
TheGreyOne 
Props total: 5658 5 K  Slaps total: 1313 1 K
Damn, they're leaving this one alone ain't they?

I can't wait until a club demands to show proof of a negative STD/AIDS test. I can't see the legal argument that could mandate the one but ban the other.

Insurance companies about to use this COVID (health) mandate to usher in a bold new era.
+18   

3 years ago '17        #6
thc 
Props total: 20690 20 K  Slaps total: 1591 1 K
 Sin said 🔗

"If you don't want to get vaccinated, I have the obligation and the duty to protect my workers and tenants."
isnt that what the vaccine is doing?
+7   

3 years ago '19        #7
SlimKenobi 
Props total: 11166 11 K  Slaps total: 1804 1 K
Yea no way this will stand up in court.
+2   

3 years ago '17        #8
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 81667 81 K  Slaps total: 11922 11 K
Too bad landlords nor employer can access your medical records.. this is a non issue
+13   

3 years ago '05        #9
bklyn 
Props total: 7632 7 K  Slaps total: 3703 3 K
Not like the landlord gonna be living at the property. Why does he care if the tenant is vaccinated or not?

People really obsessed with this damn vaccine.
+9   

3 years ago '20        #10
BuiltForThis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 24260 24 K  Slaps total: 39768 39 K
🔗

+1   

3 years ago '20        #11
NamelessONE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x67
Props total: 30846 30 K  Slaps total: 9910 9 K
 bklyn said 🔗
Not like the landlord gonna be living at the property. Why does he care if the tenant is vaccinated or not?

Read

3 years ago '20        #12
godhillie 
Props total: 6718 6 K  Slaps total: 1305 1 K
 DUCEDUCE said 🔗
His property he can do whatever the fu#k he wants capitalism

emoji
Nah.
Civil Rights act of 1964 bro.
+5   

3 years ago '20        #13
godhillie 
Props total: 6718 6 K  Slaps total: 1305 1 K
 TheGreyOne said 🔗

I can't wait until a club demands to show proof of a negative STD/AIDS test. I can't see the legal argument that could mandate the one but ban the other.

Insurance companies about to use this COVID (health) mandate to usher in a bold new era.

No vaccine no health or life insurance...
Or a higher premium and lower coverage rates...

3 years ago '17        #14
FashCashVasquez  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 25383 25 K  Slaps total: 14317 14 K
Would the population rather ho homeless
Than get the jab

3 years ago '08        #15
Lot17 
Props total: 9950 9 K  Slaps total: 1792 1 K
So is he going to get fined 5k per tenant ?

3 years ago '05        #16
blah blah blah  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x74
Props total: 143680 143 K  Slaps total: 105534 105 K
Vax tards logic makes 0 sense. sh1t is as sad as it is comical

+1   

3 years ago '10        #17
lltreyll 
Props total: 10842 10 K  Slaps total: 3332 3 K
The choice someone made about whether to get covid shots is not the problem. The choice of people allowing themself to get overweight has always been the main problem.

Fat people are the main cause for the spread, severity and even mutations of covid.

78% of covid related hospitalizations are fat people. What a coincidence.

90% of deaths happen where high obesity rates are. What a coincidence.

The most common health condition of people that die or have a rough time with covid is that theyre fat. What a coincidence.

Breakthrough cases after getting covid shots and still having problems is usually due to being fat. What a coincidence.

Ace2 receptors are how covid is supposed to infect and how it spreads, the lungs and adipose (fat) tissues are where ace2 receptors are. So again it all leads to fat people. What a massive, never ending coincidence...

Covid shot or not, fat people were and still are the problem.

3 years ago '07        #18
240ka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 35886 35 K  Slaps total: 11932 11 K
 Lot17 said 🔗
So is he going to get fined 5k per tenant ?
The same want Desantis banned mask mandates?
emoji

3 years ago '20        #19
bayareapiff 
Props total: 5763 5 K  Slaps total: 660 660
 TheGreyOne said 🔗

You can't give people AIDS by coughing or breathing that sh1t into the air tho
+3   

3 years ago '17        #20
Mario Chalmers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 72445 72 K  Slaps total: 24575 24 K
 Lite said 🔗
Too bad landlords nor employer can access your medical records.. this is a non issue
Too bad a land lord can chose who stays at their property.

Last edited by Mario Chalmers; 09-15-2021 at 09:39 PM..

3 years ago '15        #21
SSJ4 Goku  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 133684 133 K  Slaps total: 17097 17 K
 bklyn said 🔗

Probably because they ain't pay rent.
emoji
emoji

3 years ago '08        #22
stead21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 19007 19 K  Slaps total: 2787 2 K
 Sin said 🔗

-Florida landlord Santiago Alvarez is requiring his tenants and employees get the COVID-19 vaccine.
-At least one tenant is arguing they should not have to "disclose my personal health information."
-Alvarez said he would make exceptions for people with medical or religious exemptions.

A Florida landlord is requiring his tenants to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to continue living on his property.

Santiago Alvarez announced in August that any new tenants as well as those renewing their leases would be required to show proof of vaccination. The rule will also apply to his employees, who will face termination if they do not comply, The Washington Post reported.

Alvarez, who oversees 1,200 apartment units, told The Post at least twelve of his tenants had already died from COVID-19.

"It very much upsets me that my employees are exposed to [covid-19] all days of the week because there is someone who does not want to get vaccinated," Alvarez said. "If you don't want to get vaccinated, I have the obligation and the duty to protect my workers and tenants."

One tenant, Jasmine Irby, complained to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to protest Alvarez's new policy, arguing she should be able to renew her lease "without having to disclose my personal health information," The Post reported. Irby, who does not plan on getting vaccinated, ultimately moved out when her lease ended in August.

Alvarez told The Post most of his tenants were grateful for the new requirement.

"You don't want to get vaccinated? You have to move," Alvarez said. "It's a lack of consideration for your neighbor, it's a lack of consideration to their own families, to their children."

In April, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis banned state agencies and local business from requiring "vaccine passports."

DeSantis' press secretary, Christina Pushaw, told Alvarez's policy violates the state's ban.

"Florida law is very clear. A business owner (landlord) cannot require vaccine passports as a condition of entry. Each violation of the law will result in a $5000 fine," Pushaw said, adding that the Florida Department of Health will be in charge of enforcing the ban when it goes into effect on September 16.

"By the way, Mr. Alvarez and all who agree with him should be informed that vaccinated people can still tr@nsmit COVID to others, although they're protected against severe illness," Pushaw added. "The idea of requiring vaccine passports is unscientific and will not achieve 'lower cases.' Without mandates, cases are dropping rapidly in Florida on their own."

Alvarez's attorney, who told The Post Alvarez will allow for medical and religious exemptions, did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.

↪🔗

Powerplay, that's all.

3 years ago '21        #23
Swisha2k11  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 11903 11 K  Slaps total: 3901 3 K
 lltreyll said 🔗
The choice someone made about whether to get covid shots is not the problem. The choice of people allowing themself to get overweight has always been the main problem.

Fat people are the main cause for the spread, severity and even mutations of covid.

78% of covid related hospitalizations are fat people. What a coincidence.

90% of deaths happen where high obesity rates are. What a coincidence.

The most common health condition of people that die or have a rough time with covid is that theyre fat. What a coincidence.

Breakthrough cases after getting covid shots and still having problems is usually due to being fat. What a coincidence.

Ace2 receptors are how covid is supposed to infect and how it spreads, the lungs and adipose (fat) tissues are where ace2 receptors are. So again it all leads to fat people. What a massive, never ending coincidence...

Covid shot or not, fat people were and still are the problem.
Vietnam has the lowest obesity rate in the world... COVID is ravaging that country. The death rate is similar to here at about 2%...

3 years ago '15        #24
Still Numskull 
Props total: 26661 26 K  Slaps total: 6076 6 K
Protect the vaccinated
emoji

3 years ago '18        #25
Proffesor X  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 99880 99 K  Slaps total: 22665 22 K
 thc said 🔗
isnt that what the vaccine is doing?
Make it make sense cuzz...
emoji

Also this is a direct violation of HIPPA and a good lawyer will chew this case up in court. He is not obligated to know if anyone is vaccinated or not..he owns the property but that doesn't trump federal HIPPA guidelines

Last edited by Proffesor X; 09-16-2021 at 02:46 AM..

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding
97 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+436
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+344
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
287 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+523
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish