Apple Watch workout is real or fake calories?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section health

1 month ago '11        #1
1097 page views
14 comments

Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x40
Props total: 163892 163 K  Slaps total: 22905 22 K
Apple Watch workout is real or fake calories?

I did my morning workout yesterday using the watches workout trackers and had either exaggerated numbers or accurate numbers

VS the same workout done without the watch tracking

The watch workout numbers inflated or does the watch understate movements
+4   

best
worst
14 comments

1 month ago '12        #2
daman729 
Props total: 75370 75 K  Slaps total: 3139 3 K
You cant trust that stuff imo. Just like those step watches that "count" your steps. The numbers be way off. The numbers would even jump by multiple increments from time to time. Just eat right, track your exercise regime by manual time and stay hydrated. You'll be fine.
+3   

1 month ago '11        #3
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x40 OP
 daman729 said
You cant trust that stuff imo. Just like those step watches that "count" your steps. The numbers be way off. The numbers would even jump by multiple increments from time to time. Just eat right, track your exercise regime by manual time and stay hydrated. You'll be fine.
I usually only use it to track my bike ride, but yesterday I thought let me give it a try

I don't count calories or anything

it was nice to see how far I walk to the park and gym though
+2   

1 month ago '15        #4
Deuce2416 
Props total: 20310 20 K  Slaps total: 2006 2 K
I don’t think it supposed to be precise, but I use it for rough estimates. As long as I close my circles I feel alright about what I did
+10   

1 month ago '19        #5
305Trav  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3365 3 K  Slaps total: 1496 1 K
Its not super accurate but I believe it for the most part.

Normally I wear it at work where I walk a lot and burn around 600-700 calories in 9 hr period.

But when working out HIIT/crossfit, it usually says I burned 900-1200 in an hour.
+3   

1 month ago '04        #6
tdb33 
Props total: 337 337  Slaps total: 10 10
I've got some friends that use theirs to "track exercise" while they golf.. that sh*t will say they burned like 1600 calories over a few hours golfing, while also tracking their steps and they walked like 4 miles over the course of the entire day.. meanwhile I can run a half marathon and burn 1300 calories... pretty sure when you set it to some type of exercise it just accelerates the calories burned for whatever that time period is no matter what you're doing
+2   

1 month ago '04        #7
infam0uskills 
Props total: 15166 15 K  Slaps total: 876 876
i just use the fitness stuff in my family group and friends group to keep each other motivated because noone wants to be the least active.

I just read all the stats with a grain of salt and not take it all as factual.
+1   

1 month ago '05        #8
pnoi89  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 26943 26 K  Slaps total: 2816 2 K
These smart watches use algorithms that ultimately lead you to placebo or nocebo effects, especially when it comes to calories. I still use them, particularly for when I ride my bike, take long hikes, etc. to track my progress on it (ball park heart rate and GPS tracking).

But for calories? just ignore that. Instead, focus on hard things you can measure, like how you feel on the intensity, distances walked or ran, the amount of exercise you're doing, etc.
+5   

1 month ago '17        #9
Coffee  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 49025 49 K  Slaps total: 10060 10 K

Man, I'm going to find out for my self.

Last edited by Coffee; 09-16-2021 at 06:05 PM..

1 month ago '06        #10
bxdiplomat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 19982 19 K  Slaps total: 2042 2 K
Fitness trackers are not accurate. If it motivates you to work out then use it. Don't use it as an excuse to eat like a piggy.

1 month ago '20        #11
LuxG1 
Props total: 6128 6 K  Slaps total: 1483 1 K
Lets get some accurate information first..

1. What gym to yall frequent? If they have outdated equipment you cant connect to the machine to accurately track what you are doing.

2: what series watch do yall have? If its not the newest you are not getting accurate information. I have the Series 6

3: do yall have the apple chest band??? The watch says you need it to get a accurate count. But BX doesn’t read.

If you answer no to any of these you are not getting accurate information anyway & need to upgrade before having a conversation.

Btw who worked out today??? & im not typing about them bx/twitter thumbs. Its 9:22am here in texas

+1   

1 month ago '11        #12
 tdb33 said
I've got some friends that use theirs to "track exercise" while they golf.. that sh*t will say they burned like 1600 calories over a few hours golfing, while also tracking their steps and they walked like 4 miles over the course of the entire day.. meanwhile I can run a half marathon and burn 1300 calories... pretty sure when you set it to some type of exercise it just accelerates the calories burned for whatever that time period is no matter what you're doing
1600 on golf is a stretch unless your swinging all day at the driving range

1 month ago '11        #13
 LuxG1 said
Lets get some accurate information first..

1. What gym to yall frequent? If they have outdated equipment you cant connect to the machine to accurately track what you are doing.

2: what series watch do yall have? If its not the newest you are not getting accurate information. I have the Series 6

3: do yall have the apple chest band??? The watch says you need it to get a accurate count. But BX doesn’t read.

If you answer no to any of these you are not getting accurate information anyway & need to upgrade before having a conversation.

Btw who worked out today??? & im not typing about them bx/twitter thumbs. Its 9:22am here in texas

I go to a mom and pop gym with equipment from the 80s lol.

I didn't even know it was possible for gyms equipment to track workouts

and I paid $50 for a series 3 im not that invested for a chest band

Last edited by Sin; 09-17-2021 at 09:35 AM..
+1   

1 month ago '11        #14
 305Trav said
Its not super accurate but I believe it for the most part.

Normally I wear it at work where I walk a lot and burn around 600-700 calories in 9 hr period.

But when working out HIIT/crossfit, it usually says I burned 900-1200 in an hour.
damn crossfit gives that type of workout?

1 month ago '20        #15
LuxG1 
Props total: 6128 6 K  Slaps total: 1483 1 K
 Sin said
I go to a mom and pop gym with equipment from the 80s lol.

I didn't even know it was possible for gyms equipment to track workouts

and I paid $50 for a series 3 im not that invested for a chest band
/Thread

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+30online now  20
So animals can walk on water?
51 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-26online now  18
Article inside 21 year old single mother of 2 commits suicide
108 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-46online now  14
DK Metcalf Needed That Milk Of Magnesia. But Found 4 More H0es And Didnt W..
124 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+21online now  11
You rocking these sneakers?
34 comments
22 hours ago
@gear
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy