PS Now & PS Plus vs Gamepass (question for discussion, NOT trolling)

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 month ago '16        #1
803 page views
32 comments

Quinn 
Props total: 7316 7 K  Slaps total: 1704 1 K
PS Now & PS Plus vs Gamepass (question for discussion, NOT trolling)

From the looks of the landscape, Sony isn't competing against M$ when it comes to Gamepass, even though they have 2 products and 2pay models that are comparable. we can all agree PSNow sucks d*ck, and has always sucked d*ck, Question is why doesn't Sony Combine the 2( Plus and Now) and up the price of Plus by like 5$ per month.

At this point in the console game, you boys have zero choice but to buy Plus, so tacking on 5$ and adding Psnow(that no one uses) would Net Sony More money with very little effort. considering it uses the same log in information to access the service, it would take them all of 10 mins to make happen, Meanwhile netting them a ton more guaranteed money through monthly subs.

What do you boys think is stopping them from that?
+4   

best
worst
32 comments

1 month ago '16        #2
Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10775 10 K  Slaps total: 1933 1 K
Very good question although there’s no answer to it since there’s a lot of moving parts and everything is speculative.

I can tell you that they’re planning on consolidating services but I can’t tell you what outside of crunchy and ps+ that is FACTUAL. It is reported that, that move involving crunchyroll is part of a bigger consolidation but we have little details.

We also know that Sony is testing ps video in other country and they’re also promoting ps now in more countries. But the problem is unlike Microsoft, Sony is a lot more tightlipped. Ps + isn’t meant to be an answer to gamepass, nor is psNow. But psNow is NOW a lot better than it has been since it launched.

As to your question about it being easy and why it hasn’t happened I can only guess. Money, and a way to make it work without backlash. There’s a Playstation Experience event where they’re rumored to be revealing psvr2. Maybe we might hear about it then because Jim DID say they’re working on a response to gamepass. So we’ll have to see
+1   

1 month ago '20        #3
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24973 24 K  Slaps total: 6107 6 K
they'll probably do something like that at some point and have different tiers of PS+

1 month ago '12        #4
Pleasure Boy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 31748 31 K  Slaps total: 7775 7 K
I'm not paying Sony or Microsoft monthly fees... fu*k both PS Now and Gamepass... I'm good with PS Plus I'll download whatever they give next month and just ignore it like the rest of the 60plus games in my library
+4   

1 month ago '11        #5
socal511  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4395 4 K  Slaps total: 219 219
 Pleasure Boy said
I'm not paying Sony or Microsoft monthly fees... fu*k both PS Now and Gamepass... I'm good with PS Plus I'll download whatever they give next month and just ignore it like the rest of the 60plus games in my library
ps+ is a monthly fee but i agree. dont see the point in paying even more money to have access to games i have no interest in playing.

1 month ago '06        #6
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 88878 88 K  Slaps total: 14222 14 K
I don't think PSNow sucks d*ck lol

I think gamepass is a much better service and much better value for sure, but I definitely get my moneys worth out of PSNow every year

That being said I enjoy playing older games that I slept on and there are very few games I feel motivated to pay full price for on Day 1. I never bought God of War for example, just waited for PSNow.
+3   

1 month ago '17        #7
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 79723 79 K  Slaps total: 27828 27 K
I disagree that PSNOW sucks. The only real incentive Gamepass has is they prioritize new games.

I think all console makers should find a model they can sustain and make money from so they can keep doing this sh*t in the future. This whole PS/Nintendo need a gamepass thing is just bored internet n*ggas trying to antagonize people

1 month ago '16        #8
postemupndunkit 
Props total: 69961 69 K  Slaps total: 8401 8 K
I unsubscribed from psnow months ago that sh*t was trash imo
+2   

1 month ago '17        #9
Tupacpatel 
Props total: 4297 4 K  Slaps total: 1558 1 K
 Quinn said
From the looks of the landscape, Sony isn't competing against M$ when it comes to Gamepass, even though they have 2 products and 2pay models that are comparable. we can all agree PSNow sucks d*ck, and has always sucked d*ck, Question is why doesn't Sony Combine the 2( Plus and Now) and up the price of Plus by like 5$ per month.

At this point in the console game, you boys have zero choice but to buy Plus, so tacking on 5$ and adding Psnow(that no one uses) would Net Sony More money with very little effort. considering it uses the same log in information to access the service, it would take them all of 10 mins to make happen, Meanwhile netting them a ton more guaranteed money through monthly subs.

What do you boys think is stopping them from that?
Gamepass has too many games for someone with a life. You'll do better sticking with live only and getting the games on sale.

1 month ago '16        #10
Hoggystyle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 81781 81 K  Slaps total: 8974 8 K
Ps now is worth it if u have a good internet connection
+1   

1 month ago '13        #11
ma chis mo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7416 7 K  Slaps total: 513 513
I use psnow but I also have gigabit internet hardwired into my ps5.

1 month ago '04        #12
Marcus  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 11700 11 K  Slaps total: 1428 1 K
fu*k no psnow is trash
+1   

1 month ago '17        #13
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 79723 79 K  Slaps total: 27828 27 K
 ma chis mo said
I use psnow but I also have gigabit internet hardwired into my ps5.
It works just fine on wireless too for me. Both on the 5 and PC

1 month ago '18        #14
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 58624 58 K  Slaps total: 20070 20 K
Ps now
+2   

1 month ago '21        #15
Jonny2soxs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 15265 15 K  Slaps total: 3759 3 K
 Hoggystyle said
Ps now is worth it if u have a good internet connection
Not even
+1   

1 month ago '16        #16
Hoggystyle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 81781 81 K  Slaps total: 8974 8 K
 Jonny2soxs said
Not even
It is tho $60 a year for over 800 games
+2   

1 month ago '17        #17
Nosbig 
Props total: 3961 3 K  Slaps total: 609 609
Does ps have a cloud service similar to project x ?
+1   

1 month ago '16        #18
Quinn  OP
 Nosbig said
Does ps have a cloud service similar to project x ?
PS Now, it has up to PS4 games, where project cloud has current gen games
+1   

1 month ago '16        #19
Quinn  OP
 D1dnt read said
they'll probably do something like that at some point and have different tiers of PS+

You think so, PSNow and plus has been around since mid ps4 life cycle, I don’t think Sony is willing to budge on it, but then again with project cloud on the horizon, maybe they will be forced somewhat to try harder
+1   

1 month ago '16        #20
Quinn  OP
 Tupacpatel said
Gamepass has too many games for someone with a life. You'll do better sticking with live only and getting the games on sale.
Maybe you misspoke, do you know what game pass is?

1 month ago '16        #21
Quinn  OP
 Skateboard T said
I don't think PSNow sucks d*ck lol

I think gamepass is a much better service and much better value for sure, but I definitely get my moneys worth out of PSNow every year

That being said I enjoy playing older games that I slept on and there are very few games I feel motivated to pay full price for on Day 1. I never bought God of War for example, just waited for PSNow.
True sh*t, I could play GoW on PC or wherever psnow is available. But to think that if plus was also tacked price and feature wise, Sony is definitely leaving money on the table imo
+1   

1 month ago '16        #22
Quinn  OP
 Novii said
Very good question although there’s no answer to it since there’s a lot of moving parts and everything is speculative.

I can tell you that they’re planning on consolidating services but I can’t tell you what outside of crunchy and ps+ that is FACTUAL. It is reported that, that move involving crunchyroll is part of a bigger consolidation but we have little details.

We also know that Sony is testing ps video in other country and they’re also promoting ps now in more countries. But the problem is unlike Microsoft, Sony is a lot more tightlipped. Ps + isn’t meant to be an answer to gamepass, nor is psNow. But psNow is NOW a lot better than it has been since it launched.

As to your question about it being easy and why it hasn’t happened I can only guess. Money, and a way to make it work without backlash. There’s a Playstation Experience event where they’re rumored to be revealing psvr2. Maybe we might hear about it then because Jim DID say they’re working on a response to gamepass. So we’ll have to see
The crunchyroll acquisition is honestly Chess move of all chess moves, damn near check mate. If it’s apart of a bigger plan and happens to answer/contest game pass in anyway M$ could be looking at a grim future. The value argument would be completely null and void.

1 month ago '16        #23
Quinn  OP
 Pleasure Boy said
Well tell us how you get plus free? And are you saying if Sony ups the price of Plus(to combine PSNow and plus price) you wouldn’t continue paying for online access, and access to the games you were getting free.

1 month ago '17        #24
Tupacpatel 
Props total: 4297 4 K  Slaps total: 1558 1 K
 Quinn said
Maybe you misspoke, do you know what game pass is?
If you misunderstood what I said then you need to be more about books than games.

1 month ago '20        #25
Gmoney419 
Props total: 5680 5 K  Slaps total: 789 789
Yeah I don’t think psnow is garbage but it’s also very different then ganepass. I actually prefer the steaming aspect because downloading takes so long and you can’t try the games before you download. Ps now just needs a much better overall selection. Need to add ps1 games as well as psp and vita. Legacy titles are in demand so have a bigger selection of ps2 and ps3 games that people actually want.

I don’t see why Sony doesn’t sign more deals for pre ps4 titles especially games that are harder to find. I think gamepass is he better deal overall because it has new titles, but psnow has so much potential that just isn’t being focused on mainly in terms of ps1-ps3 games
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+76online now  57
Remember how badly Coral used to put Mike The Miz in check on Real World??
222 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+255online now  25
Can’t believe Floyd actually did this to Canelo. 😵😵&#..
215 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  17
Somebody Gotta Stop Virgil
137 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  14
Anyone order the Apple Watch 7?