Sep 14 - Man Arrested in PPP Loan 1.2 Million Dollar Scam

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
59 replies  @guap

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

4 days ago '11        #1
2017 page views
31 comments

Chase D 
Props total: 1134 1 K  Slaps total: 105 105
Sep 14 - Man Arrested in PPP Loan 1.2 Million Dollar Scam

New Jersey Man Arrested for Unemployment Fraud Related to COVID-19 Pandemic

BOSTON – A New Jersey man was arrested today in connection with his alleged involvement in a scheme to fraudulently obtain COVID-19-related unemployment a*sistance.

Omar Thompson, 39, of Paterson, N.J., was charged with one count of wire fraud. Thompson made an initial appearance in federal court in the District of New Jersey today and was released on conditions. He will appear in federal court in Boston at a later date.

In March 2020, in response to the global COVID-19 pandemic, Congress passed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act). The CARES Act created a temporary federal unemployment insurance program called Pandemic Unemployment a*sistance (PUA), which in Massachusetts is administered by the Department of Unemployment a*sistance. This program provides unemployment insurance benefits for individuals who are not eligible for other types of unemployment benefits.

According to the charging documents, Thompson and his co-conspirator submitted more than 100 fraudulent PUA claims resulting in more than $1.2 million in payments. It is alleged that approximately half of the PUA claims were made on behalf of individuals residing outside of Massachusetts. In some instances, Thompson allegedly recruited individuals from other states to apply for PUA in Massachusetts, submitted claims on their behalf, and received kickback payments for doing so.

The charge of wire fraud provides for a sentence of up to 20 years in prison, up to three years of supervised release and a fine of $250,000. Sentences are imposed by a federal district court judge based upon the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors.

Acting United States Attorney Nathaniel R. Mendell; Frederick J. Regan, Special Agent in Charge of the U.S. Secret Service, Boston Field Office; and Nikitas Splagounias, Acting Special Agent in Charge of the Department of Labor, Office of Inspector General, Office of Investigations made the announcement. The Massachusetts Department of Unemployment a*sistance, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Secret Service, Newark Field Office, and New Jersey State Police provided a*sistance in the investigation. a*sistant U.S. Attorney Christopher J. Markham of Mendell’s Securities, Financial & Cyber Fraud Unit is prosecuting the case.

On May 17, 2021, the Attorney General established the COVID-19 Fraud Enforcement Task Force to marshal the resources of the Department of Justice in partnership with agencies across government to enhance efforts to combat and prevent pandemic-related fraud. The Task Force bolsters efforts to investigate and prosecute the most culpable domestic and international criminal actors and a*sists agencies tasked with administering relief programs to prevent fraud by, among other methods, augmenting and incorporating existing coordination mechanisms, identifying resources and techniques to uncover fraudulent actors and their schemes, and sharing and harnessing information and insights gained from prior enforcement efforts. For more information on the Department’s response to the pandemic, please visit visit this link https://www.justice.gov/coronavirus.

visit this link https://www.justice.gov/u .. id-19-pandemic
+4   

best
worst
31 comments

4 days ago '05        #2
SoReal 
Props total: 4157 4 K  Slaps total: 351 351
Its bout that time. They're picking them up by dozen round here. I thought the person doing it for people wouldnt get fu*ked up but guess not.
+12   

4 days ago '10        #3
Trilluminati GA 
Props total: 36162 36 K  Slaps total: 1462 1 K
Aw sh*t
+4   

4 days ago '11        #4
Chase D  OP
Props total: 1134 1 K  Slaps total: 105 105
 SoReal said
Its bout that time. They're picking them up by dozen round here. I thought the person doing it for people wouldnt get fu*ked up but guess not.
Oh i noooo a lot of those ima get ya 20k and i charge 3-5k for my services ppl
+13   

4 days ago '20        #5
NamelessONE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 3064 3 K  Slaps total: 795 795
 SoReal said
n*gga they the target.
+4   

4 days ago '17        #6
Willy Boban  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 59741 59 K  Slaps total: 14440 14 K
Omar Thompson?

Is he Chinese? Cause dude in the thumbnail don't look like a Omar.

I was just here to see if they actually arrested a china man. So I will carry on now.

+30   

4 days ago '14        #7
DavidAames  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 28357 28 K  Slaps total: 1231 1 K
Why China man in the thumbnail? Lol
+11   

4 days ago '08        #8
tdnupe3 
Props total: 39098 39 K  Slaps total: 2714 2 K
 SoReal said
 Chase D said
 NamelessONE said
n*gga they the target.
Right. And the folks that they got loans for and unemployment for aren't the type of people that are going to just eat the charge. These MFs about to be dropping names, telling how much the folks charged them, telling on everyone they know that also got some bread, and praying that they can get off with a small fine and a repayment schedule.

But hey, at least folks were able to semi-ball for a few months to a year.

+11   

4 days ago '04        #9
zone3cp 
Props total: 136646 136 K  Slaps total: 14679 14 K
That task force just got formed in May 2021? Damn they coming this winter.

“It's a cold winter, y'all n*ggas better bundle up And I bet it be a hotter summer, grab a onion just to rock it down You hot now, listen up Don't you know cops' sole purpose is to lock us down? And throw away the key”

+8   

4 days ago '04        #10
zone3cp 
 tdnupe3 said
Right. And the folks that they got loans for and unemployment for aren't the type of people that are going to just eat the charge. These MFs about to be dropping names, telling how much the folks charged them, telling on everyone they know that also got some bread, and praying that they can get off with a small fine and a repayment schedule.

But hey, at least folks were able to semi-ball for a few months to a year.

They ain’t gonna have to drop names….Pretty sure their social media and phone will have the all the answers. All those IG post soliciting their services for those loans is how they finding them ppl now.
+7   

4 days ago '18        #11
STUNT101 
Props total: 4147 4 K  Slaps total: 427 427
Thats fu*k up I got a legit business and denied the ppp loan smh
+21   

4 days ago '08        #12
tdnupe3 
Props total: 39098 39 K  Slaps total: 2714 2 K
 zone3cp said
They ain’t gonna have to drop names….Pretty sure their social media and phone will have the all the answers. All those IG post soliciting their services for those loans is how they finding them ppl now.
You already know. The paper trail for this type of sh*t ridiculous. IP addresses, emails, and all type of sh*t from just filling out the application. I was happy to see folks come up, but I just wish they would have done it smarter.

STUNT101 said
Yeah, I got denied too. I went through my bank. I wasn't tripping about it though. Had a homeboy that was trying to get me to still do it, because he was getting folks bread, and I politely declined. Just didn't seem worth it if I wasn't hurting for the bread.
+7   

4 days ago '12        #13
TrillSwag  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 54616 54 K  Slaps total: 8415 8 K
 STUNT101 said
Probably because you don’t know how to read. This was unemployment fraud not PPP fraud.

Last edited by TrillSwag; 09-14-2021 at 08:40 PM..
+5   

4 days ago '15        #14
thirssty58  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 45325 45 K  Slaps total: 5959 5 K
Cant even collect unemployment with an active ppp for the double dippers out there during the period it's covering wages some people might even get fu*ked on negligence
+1   

4 days ago '04        #15
bingiedred 
Props total: 4210 4 K  Slaps total: 910 910
 DavidAames said
Why China man in the thumbnail? Lol
For real, that’s the only reason I clicked on this thread..
+4   

4 days ago '05        #16
SoReal 
Props total: 4157 4 K  Slaps total: 351 351
 zone3cp said
 Chase D said
They bam this jit I know just like this.

+3   

4 days ago '04        #17
zone3cp 
 SoReal said
They bam this jit I know just like this.

It don’t take much…,
+2   

4 days ago '20        #18
OhSoCalbo 
Props total: 6721 6 K  Slaps total: 4223 4 K
I needed one of them hoes bad as fu*k. Baby kept telling me, no champ. Don’t do it!

So glad I listened … no PPE/PPP for me
+1   

4 days ago '17        #19
Skrr 
Props total: 2326 2 K  Slaps total: 224 224
20 years thrown at you

get to see your grandkids

4 days ago '04        #20
ItAlY2BkLyN 
Props total: 31644 31 K  Slaps total: 7931 7 K
hope dude does at least 15 of those 20yrs.

Making it so legit businesses out here missing out on funds because of scammers. He deserves all the smoke.

3 days ago '17        #21
Poncho520 
Props total: 16611 16 K  Slaps total: 1254 1 K
 bingiedred said
For real, that’s the only reason I clicked on this thread..
Me too
So this guy should be apprehended soon unless he skipped town

Damn thug

3 days ago '04        #22
bingiedred 
Props total: 4210 4 K  Slaps total: 910 910
 Poncho520 said
Me too

Damn thug
oh damn,.. he caught her with one these

Them orientals is good for them stair kicks.. you gotta watch them.. dont talk greasy on them lower stairs..
+1   

3 days ago '19        #23
Thisizdray 
Props total: 1731 1 K  Slaps total: 280 280
 Poncho520 said
Me too

Damn thug

Damn that’s crazy. He’s scum, but I always tell women I care about beware of saying things to men, not all men have that vow to not hit women.

Some women are a bit to bold and forget the threat of violence is real when saying or doing something to a man.

Anytime I say something to another man I’m ready if it goes left.
+2   

3 days ago '17        #24
Poncho520 
 Thisizdray said
Damn that’s crazy. He’s scum, but I always tell women I care about beware of saying things to men, not all men have that vow to not hit women.

Some women are a bit to bold and forget the threat of violence is real when saying or doing something to a man.

Anytime I say something to another man I’m ready if it goes left.
It's a simple policy. Don't write a check ya mouth can't cash. There are some nuts out here dude probably just watched Shang Chi on some BS
+1   

3 days ago '17        #25
Poncho520 
 bingiedred said
oh damn,.. he caught her with one these

Them orientals is good for them stair kicks.. you gotta watch them.. dont talk greasy on them lower stairs..
Think they Obi One

+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  25
Image(s) inside Brian Pumper aka Michael Marcellus Felton Is Currently Looked Up On s*..
113 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+49online now  20
Video inside Sniper Gang Artist Wiz Da Wizard k*lled In Florida
132 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  18
What does WWE need to do to improve