online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

apple.......will get slapped with lawsuit over m1 macbook screen cracks

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

3 years ago '09        #1
2272 page views
14 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x106
Props total: 307485 307 K  Slaps total: 33477 33 K
icon apple.......will get slapped with lawsuit over m1 macbook screen cracks

https://9to5mac.com/2021/ .. screen-cracks/

A class-action lawsuit is being planned on behalf of M1 MacBook owners who say that screen cracks were occurring during normal use, with both the M1 MacBook Air and M1 MacBook Pro affected.

Apple has mostly claimed that the cracks are the result of accidental damage, including in the case of the 9to5Mac reader who first contacted us …

Background

There are threads on both Apple Support Communities and Reddit, with users either reporting that screen cracks occurred when they opened or closed the lid, or that they were simply present next time they came to use the machine.

In some cases, Apple has repaired or replaced the machines free of charge, while most other users have been charged.
Class-action lawsuit

emoji
In most cases, Apple has denied liability, stating that small pieces of debris are to blame.

Apple’s customer service has not been receptive to these grievances. Users complain that Apple representatives insist the culprit is a small item or particle that gets lodged between the keyboard and screen upon its closing, even when that explanation runs completely counter to users’ experiences.

emoji
Lawyers Migliaccio & Rathod LLP say that affected owners disagree.

Migliaccio & Rathod LLP is currently investigating Apple over widespread reports that the retina display in their recent line of M1 MacBook laptops is vulnerable to screen cracks during normal usage.

Many users allege that they have opened their devices from the closed position without applying any undue pressure, only to find dramatic cracks in the retina display, often accompanied by black bars running across the screen. Others report that the crack followed a simple adjustment of the screen’s viewing angle. In none of these cases would a reasonable consumer expect such activity to damage their device, let alone cause a screen crack that impairs its functionality […]

Many suspect that the display is simply not sturdy enough to withstand the normal pressures of opening, closing, or adjusting its position, an issue for which Apple has provided zero forewarning. Whatever the case, users are left with little choice but to spend upwards of $600.00 to have their display repaired, with no guarantee that the screen crack defect won’t reoccur at a later date.
The law firm is seeking contact details for M1 MacBook owners who have experienced the issue. Migliaccio & Rathod says only that it is “investigating potential legal claims against Apple,” but identifying and assessing the number of people affected is the first stage a lawyer will take in planning and filing a class-action lawsuit.

The contact email address also contains a small clue: info@classlawdc.com. If you’re an affected user in the US, you can email, or call the firm at (202) 470-3520
+5   

icon
best
icon
worst
14 comments

3 years ago '06        #2
PremiumBreeze 
Props total: 4139 4 K  Slaps total: 182 182
It's like MacBook pros been plagued with defects for at least 10 years now, and apple plays stupid every time. From the welds on the discrete video card, to the batteries, etc.
+9   

3 years ago '16        #3
Wolfcastle 
Props total: 2716 2 K  Slaps total: 53 53
Damn I had not heard about this. That’s some bullsh1t. A damn speck of dirt got in there and did all that? Nah. That’s not normal wear and tear. The frame must be too thin. No clearance when the lid is closed.
+1   

3 years ago '06        #4
authenic 
Props total: 10795 10 K  Slaps total: 2290 2 K
 messy marv stan said 🔗
↪🔗

A class-action lawsuit is being planned on behalf of M1 MacBook owners who say that screen cracks were occurring during normal use, with both the M1 MacBook Air and M1 MacBook Pro affected.

Apple has mostly claimed that the cracks are the result of accidental damage, including in the case of the 9to5Mac reader who first contacted us …

Background

There are threads on both Apple Support Communities and Reddit, with users either reporting that screen cracks occurred when they opened or closed the lid, or that they were simply present next time they came to use the machine.

In some cases, Apple has repaired or replaced the machines free of charge, while most other users have been charged.
Class-action lawsuit

emoji
In most cases, Apple has denied liability, stating that small pieces of debris are to blame.

Apple’s customer service has not been receptive to these grievances. Users complain that Apple representatives insist the culprit is a small item or particle that gets lodged between the keyboard and screen upon its closing, even when that explanation runs completely counter to users’ experiences.

The law firm is seeking contact details for M1 MacBook owners who have experienced the issue. Migliaccio & Rathod says only that it is “investigating potential legal claims against Apple,” but identifying and assessing the number of people affected is the first stage a lawyer will take in planning and filing a class-action lawsuit.

The contact email address also contains a small clue: 🔗. If you’re an affected user in the US, you can email, or call the firm at (202) 470-3520
Been using mine nearly everyday making beats and traveling sh1t running like a champ!!!
+6   

3 years ago '12        #5
halochicken  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12560 12 K  Slaps total: 1875 1 K
 authenic said 🔗
Been using mine nearly everyday making beats and traveling sh1t running like a champ!!!
thank someone cuz that's normally luck.
I had an xbox 350 get half melted because someone left a electric heater on righ next to it. sh1t lasted for years after that. But I know ppl who 360 was dead in a year lol. sometimes we get lucky.
+3   

3 years ago '06        #6
authenic 
Props total: 10795 10 K  Slaps total: 2290 2 K
 halochicken said 🔗
thank someone cuz that's normally luck.
I had an xbox 350 get half melted because someone left a electric heater on righ next to it. sh1t lasted for years after that. But I know ppl who 360 was dead in a year lol. sometimes we get lucky.
so u got a m1 air or pro? of course your xbox 350 melted lol jk jk I know them red rings of deaths too well
+1   

3 years ago '12        #7
halochicken  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12560 12 K  Slaps total: 1875 1 K
 authenic said 🔗
so u got a m1 air or pro? of course your xbox 350 melted lol jk jk I know them red rings of deaths too well
no @ mac im just saying thank your lucky stars you didnt have any of these issues. sometimes we get lucky with equipment that is known to be faulty but got the good one in the batch

3 years ago '19        #8
aaf192020  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 144430 144 K  Slaps total: 17448 17 K
 aaf192020 said 🔗
Fxck Apple. I hate their OS and every product falls apart even if you take care of it. I have an IPhone for work and I only use it for work. Camera is fxcking immaculate though.
 Keep God First said 🔗
flat out lie. Not even worth a response tbh but..

their phones, tablets and laptops have the highest resale values on the market.

nice try though
So like I said before fxck Apple!!! I love when you hypebeasts get proven wrong.

3 years ago '20        #9
God is Good 
Props total: 23088 23 K  Slaps total: 22003 22 K
 aaf192020 said 🔗
So like I said before fxck Apple!!! I love when you hypebeasts get proven wrong.
you already responded to this the first time goofball a$s n1gga

you really that pressed about Apple running the game? got you stressed out

emoji

3 years ago '19        #10
aaf192020  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 144430 144 K  Slaps total: 17448 17 K
 Keep God First said 🔗
you already responded to this the first time goofball a$s n1gga

you really that pressed about Apple running the game? got you stressed out

emoji
Nice try. I responded to the thread about upcoming apple products. This is a different thread proving my point.

3 years ago '20        #11
RTJ  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 26217 26 K  Slaps total: 2230 2 K
Just get a M1 mini for home and an iPad m1 with the logitech keyboards that can switch between 3 devices (desktop, iPad and phone)

3 years ago '17        #12
THExTAKEOVER 
Props total: 36583 36 K  Slaps total: 2986 2 K
If your going to get a laptop. GET A fu#kING RAZER BLADE!!

Period . They have the best internals and treat you right whenever you gotta problem

3 years ago '11        #13
Slingy 
Props total: 14417 14 K  Slaps total: 3768 3 K
I wonder how hot that screen/laptop gets. Somebody chillin in bed under the covers with the laptop in their lap damn thing can’t breath gets even hotter, they set it down and it’s fragile it cracks or the change in temps crack it.

3 years ago '16        #14
Ravishing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 31712 31 K  Slaps total: 3009 3 K
 PremiumBreeze said 🔗
It's like MacBook pros been plagued with defects for at least 10 years now, and apple plays stupid every time. From the welds on the discrete video card, to the batteries, etc.
+ Butterfly keyboards too haha

Used to make routine trips to the apple store to have them fix my keys
emoji
+2   

3 years ago '09        #15
Zao 
Props total: 27542 27 K  Slaps total: 5958 5 K
Them butterfly keyboards in the 2016-2019 models were notorious for breaking over dust getting in them and sh1t. I had to have mine replaced but it was work issued thank God and not mine personally.

Apple always doing too much for the sake of design tho can't lie I'm still gonna get me one of them m1 airs lol
+1   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding
99 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props+819