1963 Ford Galaxie 500XL Convertible

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

2 months ago '05        #1
1683 page views
15 comments

killacali86 
Props total: 108 108  Slaps total: 24 24
1963 Ford Galaxie 500XL Convertible

Purchased this project car from an older guy a couple weeks ago. Back panel where the convertible top folds into is completely rusted out. The passenger floor panel was also rusted out. Other than that, the overall body was in okay shape.

I sent it to a shop to start doing the body and some engine/transmission work.

I plan on putting in the original 390 engine for now and save up for some type of swap. LS, coyote etc.

Any old school folks have any suggestions on what to do with it?

+27   

best
worst
15 comments

2 months ago '21        #2
Losantana16x4  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 2071 2 K  Slaps total: 255 255
 killacali86 said
Purchased this project car from an older guy a couple weeks ago. Back panel where the convertible top folds into is completely rusted out. The passenger floor panel was also rusted out. Other than that, the overall body was in okay shape.

I plan on putting in the original 390 engine for now and save up for some type of swap. LS, coyote etc.

Do the damn thang

Streetsideclassics.com
+2   

2 months ago '15        #3
T rootz 
Props total: 6525 6 K  Slaps total: 516 516
 killacali86 said

Nice beautiful car.... This is my little project this type of thread gets me turnt

Its a 1976 Cadillac Seville came in pretty decent shape only had 80,000 original miles only has rust on hood and fenders. Pulled out that old slow v8 and put in a 350 small block nice little set up to take a little nitrous... Just a have fun car that's it...
+6   

2 months ago '18        #4
BlackjesuS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8762 8 K  Slaps total: 1899 1 K
 killacali86 said

Whatever the fu*k you do....smoke them tires nice car to start with
+1   

2 months ago '05        #5
killacali86  OP
Props total: 108 108  Slaps total: 24 24
 T rootz said
Nice beautiful car.... This is my little project this type of thread gets me turnt

Its a 1976 Cadillac Seville came in pretty decent shape only had 80,000 original miles only has rust on hood and fenders. Pulled out that old slow v8 and put in a 350 small block nice little set up to take a little nitrous... Just a have fun car that's it...
Dope! I like that model Caddy 🔥
+1   

2 months ago '16        #6
Funke  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 16323 16 K  Slaps total: 2741 2 K
Make sure your bore that engine to 460 that 390 is trash..
+2   

2 months ago '15        #7
T rootz 
 killacali86 said
Dope! I like that model Caddy 🔥
Sending it to a family member for body work and then sending it to the paint shop. Paint shops around my area tend to procrastinate when they have body work to do. But when you get the body work done in advance they tend to work a little faster maybe a little more motivation to them in a way. The interior will be done right away as well

2 months ago '15        #8
T rootz 

My buddy that works on my car has a beautiful Pontiac Parisienne. And a beautiful Pontiac Catalina these cars are coming back big time
+3   

2 months ago '16        #9
Itsjustmefools  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 14083 14 K  Slaps total: 9566 9 K
 T rootz said

Better change the rear gears!

2 months ago '11        #10
Silencer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27229 27 K  Slaps total: 1135 1 K
@ thats going to be clean when its done
+1   

2 months ago '11        #11
GrindPOWER$  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 72429 72 K  Slaps total: 13414 13 K
you gonna be riding clean bruh
+1   

2 months ago '11        #12
Silencer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 27229 27 K  Slaps total: 1135 1 K
 T rootz said

Got that outkast joint!

1:54

Its good you swapped out the old motor, i forgot the issue with them but most of them go bad within 50,000 miles. Stay away from those, 4100's and northstars.
+2   

2 months ago '15        #13
ChoAssUp 
Props total: 83459 83 K  Slaps total: 4682 4 K
Coyote. It's more expensive but keep it Ford. A Coyote lacks a bit in torque but makes up for it in the top end. Ooooohhh and if you could put the 10 speed auto in there too!!!
+2   

2 months ago '17        #14
TellyHankton337 
Props total: 1939 1 K  Slaps total: 339 339
My boy had a black one on swangas like 20 years ago

2 months ago '16        #15
AfroBucks88  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 94417 94 K  Slaps total: 3194 3 K
nice

2 months ago '10        #16
chorizoburger 
Props total: 6059 6 K  Slaps total: 1797 1 K
My first car was a 64 XL, black on black, it sat like a muscle car when I first got it but I dropped it and found the original hubcaps and fender covers for the back wheels, put a 390 and a cruisematic in it, I loved that car, had to sell it when we moved.. I don't have space for sh*t where I'm at now

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+165online now  34
Image(s) inside Finished my C8 Corvette Build
63 comments
21 hours ago
@rides
most viewed right now
online now  27
Anyone order the Apple Watch 7?
103 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+79online now  24
Remember how badly Coral used to put Mike The Miz in check on Real World??
244 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  13
Somebody Gotta Stop Virgil
139 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy