Kojima Dont Like The Idea Of Everything Going Digital... You Wont Own Your Content

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 months ago '12        #1
2451 page views
56 comments

Pleasure Boy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 31246 31 K  Slaps total: 7636 7 K
Kojima Dont Like The Idea Of Everything Going Digital... You Wont Own Your Content

+71   

best
worst
56 comments

2 months ago '20        #2
Ball Man  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6448 6 K  Slaps total: 527 527
Ko-sign

Last edited by Ball Man; 08-05-2021 at 06:53 PM..
+60   

2 months ago '17        #3
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 76523 76 K  Slaps total: 26221 26 K
I don’t get why people want an all digital future. More digital options is cool but why do people want physical media to go lol. It won’t for a long time anyways, people need to step out of their bubble and realize physical media makes more sense for a lot of people.
+42   

2 months ago '14        #4
NewLegends  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17947 17 K  Slaps total: 2488 2 K
He’s right
+16   

2 months ago '11        #5
Blokka Blokka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 21616 21 K  Slaps total: 4638 4 K
Nobody cares what he thinks

Stick to making convulted stories and overrated games

2 months ago '17        #6
 Blokka Blokka said
Nobody cares what he thinks
Lets just appreciate the irony here
+35   

2 months ago '18        #7
Most Palone 
Props total: 20834 20 K  Slaps total: 1404 1 K
I hate digital but I’m on pc and all my games are d/l

I miss reading the manuals and the back art that comes with physical
+28   

2 months ago '11        #8
Gamemusic 
Props total: 7559 7 K  Slaps total: 609 609
Physical gang. I like looking having the cases for my cartridges. Only buy digital when there's a nice sale.
+20   

2 months ago '14        #9
DavidAames  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 28541 28 K  Slaps total: 1235 1 K
Facts!!!
+3   

2 months ago '09        #10
Tom B. Stone 
Props total: 17945 17 K  Slaps total: 3010 3 K
 SPdaGOAT said
I donít get why people want an all digital future. More digital options is cool but why do people want physical media to go lol. It wonít for a long time anyways, people need to step out of their bubble and realize physical media makes more sense for a lot of people.
1. Physical media needs physical storage space. A lifetime of collecting video games and movies would end up needing ridiculous amounts of space.

2. Physical media canít be updated to newer formats so you have to buy the new format at full price. A few years ago Apple announced they were upgrading to 4K HDR and as long as you owned the 1080p version of a movie you would get the upgrade for free. Because of this I have hundreds of 4K HDR movies. Like maybe even 500.

3. With digital media you can stop and play on any device right where you left off seamlessly. Didnít finish that movie on the plane? Pick up where you left off at home with one click. And you donít have to get up to switch between movies/games.

4. Apple isnít going anywhere. I wonít lose my movies. I have all my receipts.

Iíve been fully digital for video games since 2013 and movies since 2012.

2 months ago '06        #11
snaxxx 
Props total: 6009 6 K  Slaps total: 869 869
Facts
+3   

2 months ago '04        #12
KURUPTION!!! 
Props total: 5286 5 K  Slaps total: 361 361
He's right, but I just don't have the space for that sh*t and if the console stops working then what?
+2   

2 months ago '06        #13
LeMar G 
Props total: 78227 78 K  Slaps total: 8102 8 K
The future is digital

Dont matter if you like it or not
+4   

2 months ago '17        #14
 Tom B. Stone said
1. Physical media needs physical storage space. A lifetime of collecting video games and movies would end up needing ridiculous amounts of space.

2. Physical media canít be updated to newer formats so you have to buy the new format at full price. A few years ago Apple announced they were upgrading to 4K HDR and as long as you owned the 1080p version of a movie you would get the upgrade for free. Because of this I have hundreds of 4K HDR movies. Like maybe even 500.

3. With digital media you can stop and play on any device right where you left off seamlessly. Didnít finish that movie on the plane? Pick up where you left off at home with one click. And you donít have to get up to switch between movies/games.

I ainít mad at anybody going all digital, it just seems like there are some people that want to do away with physical media and I donít get it. There are pros and cons for both.

Its hard listening to De La Soul unless you actually own their sh*t for example. If PT would have got a physical release there would still be a method to play. I donít understand why people want those options to go
+4   

2 months ago '14        #15
rashadd 
Props total: 23727 23 K  Slaps total: 1203 1 K
I get what he saying but also I went digital b/c I got tired of buying the same game over and over due to disc error from scratches.

+2   

2 months ago '20        #16
Die in Houston  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15449 15 K  Slaps total: 1509 1 K
I like physical disks cuz I like giving them away when I’m done with them but all my frugal a*s friends bought the digital drive ps5 cuz it was “cheaper”.
+4   

2 months ago '11        #17
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 25772 25 K  Slaps total: 3639 3 K
 Tom B. Stone said

I was with you til you mentioned apple. I know folks have lost entire music catalogs due to itunes in the past. Main reason i never fu*ked with Apple is Itunes.
+7   

2 months ago '13        #18
rifair 
Props total: 11334 11 K  Slaps total: 2592 2 K
 Tom B. Stone said

The same monopolies that owned physical media own digital Media and now have a bigger say on how its distributed, how you access it and how long you can access it i will always be proud physical media
+3   

2 months ago '05        #19
projectd06 
Props total: 31097 31 K  Slaps total: 7452 7 K
I still buy the physical copies and will until it's not an option, but I dont bother keeping the cases because the sh*t takes up too much space.

2 months ago '16        #20
SteveO504 
Props total: 1798 1 K  Slaps total: 220 220
 Tom B. Stone said

Cant resell no digitals
+5   

2 months ago '05        #21
PhrozenMenace 
Props total: 5970 5 K  Slaps total: 407 407
always good to have options ...cuz when you have none that's when you have to settle...keep forcing yourself to buy something because, well what choice do i have excuse...then the next step is companies implementing more stuff to make them more money, and basically nickel and dime you for every little thing.... they may also do things to lock features of the devices to unlock them by a payment plan...more power to them and less for you...
+4   

2 months ago '18        #22
Pastor Ra  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 52132 52 K  Slaps total: 11254 11 K
Been saying this since 08. Everything is going towards convenience. People will allow streaming services to do whatever they want as long as there are conveniences. You know you're in a sh*thole when you have to constantly compromise like that.

I can play so many of my PS2 games today. There's so many things that rely on servers, storage and subscription. You pay over $50 for a game and they don't have the server for you to play 10 years later. It's okay tho because you're onto the next game anyway.

sh*tty logic
+1   

2 months ago '14        #23
Gater 
Props total: 6138 6 K  Slaps total: 800 800
I will always buy disc
+6   

2 months ago '05        #24
Micheal C. Will  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 99439 99 K  Slaps total: 12833 12 K
I guess he talking about games you have to be online to play for example, Elite Dangerous or Diablo 3.

Because most games you can play offline, digital or otherwise.

Like his death Stranding, which I have on PC.
+1   

2 months ago '13        #25
Ta388 
Props total: 11069 11 K  Slaps total: 1116 1 K
 Ball Man said
Ko-sign
I see what you did there
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  30