Netflix Shares Trailer For ‘Untold: Malice at the Palace’ Documentary

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

2 months ago '15        #1
1173 page views
44 comments

Top Goon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x182
Props total: 149272 149 K  Slaps total: 18384 18 K
Netflix Shares Trailer For ‘Untold: Malice at the Palace’ Documentary

Netflix has shared the trailer for Untold: Malice at the Palace offering a new look at the 2004 clash between fans and NBA players. The documentary is the first of five in a series that brings fresh eyes to tales from the wide world of sports. The short film features never-before-seen footage from that night and firsthand accounts from those that lived it.

The historic brawl between NBA team players and energetic fans took place on Nov. 19, 2004. Players, coaches, referees, and fans who were involved in various capacities are unable to forget that night and for some, their reputations were permanently marred by the unprecedented scuffle. The official synopsis for the documentary describes the fateful night as follows:

“As the game neared its end, Indiana firebrand Ron Artest shoved Detroit’s Ben Wallace, sparking a brawl between the two clubs. When one fan arced a perfectly tossed cup of beer onto Artest’s chest, it unleashed a type of melee that had never been seen before in the history of the NBA: players rushed into the stands, fans rushed onto the court, and police rushed into the building trying to control the pandemonium.”

“I want the story out there. Go frame by frame,” says Artest in the trailer.

Other stories uncovered in the Untold series include Olympian Caitlyn Jenner sharing intimate details on her journey to winning gold, legendary boxer Christy Martin and the f*ght of her life outside the ring, professional tennis player Mardy Fish opening up about his struggles with mental health, and a team hockey players known as the Trashers taking orders from the teenage son of an alleged mob boss.

“We’re not looking for right answers or wrong answers. We want to meet our subjects where their truth lies and make it as cinematic as possible,” said a statement from the project’s directors and executive producers.

The statement continued, “One interesting through line in almost all of these stories is that at that crucial moment, something that they learned in the dogged pursuit of becoming a professional athlete segued into something that happened off the field or off the court or off the ice in their real life and we’re getting to hear it directly from their perspective. It doesn’t have to be a pretty conclusion, but we do like stories that are still unfolding into today.”

Untold: Malice at the Palace is directed by Floyd Russ and premieres on Netflix on August 10. Watch the trailer below:

visit this link https://www.vibe.com/news .. er-1234624904/
+14   

best
worst
44 comments

2 months ago '05        #2
blaznfor20 
Props total: 613 613  Slaps total: 156 156
Nice!!! Been waiting for this to drop. Cant wait to see the unseen footage.
+5   

2 months ago '05        #3
Greece 
Props total: 3913 3 K  Slaps total: 251 251
I'll be tuned in
+3   

2 months ago '17        #4
DonC  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 31481 31 K  Slaps total: 16993 16 K
Hope ppl pay it little mind....it's not that big of a deal but they made a crazy story out of it as if it was more than the Jan 6 insurrection. More dangerous f*ghts happen in NHL and MLB and they don't even bat an eye...

Mofos!!
+3   

2 months ago '16        #5
KindaBlue 
Props total: 15903 15 K  Slaps total: 550 550
 DonC said
Hope ppl pay it little mind....it's not that big of a deal but they made a crazy story out of it as if it was more than the Jan 6 insurrection. More dangerous f*ghts happen in NHL and MLB and they don't even bat an eye...

Mofos!!
Like it’s crazy, but I didn’t think it was “Netflix documentary” crazy.
+2   

2 months ago '16        #6
KindaBlue 
Props total: 15903 15 K  Slaps total: 550 550

Full game
+6   

2 months ago '09        #7
dadon85 
Props total: 48082 48 K  Slaps total: 4897 4 K
Remember turning off the game right before it happened and my boy hit me up like did you see that sh*t
+4   

2 months ago '21        #8
Linas Kleiza 
Props total: 3838 3 K  Slaps total: 2110 2 K
Did they ask Ron why he didn't throw hands with Big Ben but attacked a nerd in the stands?
+4   

2 months ago '09        #9
Lupe Hunter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19677 19 K  Slaps total: 2321 2 K
My question is why the fu*k would you put Ron on the scorers table instead of the players hall? Stupid

The malice in palace raised questions the Denver and Knicks brawl solidified it. Then rules started to change

Last edited by Lupe Hunter; 08-05-2021 at 04:59 PM..
+1   

2 months ago '04        #10
D1nOnlyMrM@  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 23269 23 K  Slaps total: 3361 3 K
One of those where were you moments. Came during last of the game at hooters... one of my homoes was like" too much going on, I'll wait for sportscenter to have the circles arrows and shadows"
Edit homies . I'm taking my L for not proofreading.

Last edited by D1nOnlyMrM@; 08-05-2021 at 06:10 PM..
+1   

2 months ago '04        #11
 Lupe Hunter said
My question is why the fu*k would you put Ron on the scorers table instead of the players hall. Stupid
He did that voluntarily to calm down. It was the most restraint we had seen from him. Honestly Ben Wallace was kirkin

2 months ago '09        #12
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said
He did that voluntarily to calm down. It was the most restraint we had seen from him. Honestly Ben Wallace was kirkin
It you know this n*gga mental health isn’t right get him from around that environment quickly.

2 months ago '17        #13
Universalmind88 
Props total: 2188 2 K  Slaps total: 442 442
 Linas Kleiza said
Did they ask Ron why he didn't throw hands with Big Ben but attacked a nerd in the stands?
They threw a beer at em
+3   

2 months ago '04        #14
 Lupe Hunter said
It you know this n*gga mental health isn’t right get him from around that environment quickly.
That's what I'm saying. I bet they expected a lot more out of him amd so they didn't want to disrupt the calmness he had at that moment. He is laying down not trying to do anything.
+1   

2 months ago '14        #15
Sphynx 
Props total: 101385 101 K  Slaps total: 26696 26 K
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said
One of those where were you moments. Came during last of the game at hooters... one of my homoes was like" too much going on, I'll wait for sportscenter to have the circles arrows and shadows"
Pause
+5   

2 months ago '15        #16
Top Goon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x182 OP
Props total: 149272 149 K  Slaps total: 18384 18 K
 Linas Kleiza said

2 months ago '06        #17
m!ck3y 
Props total: 1428 1 K  Slaps total: 193 193
Lost my virginity this night. It was happening during it.. I’ll never forget lol
+6   

2 months ago '17        #18
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 76136 76 K  Slaps total: 26131 26 K
 Lupe Hunter said
Great point. There was still like a minute left so they probably was tryna do all that for some sh*t that normally blows over after a couple minutes

2 months ago '18        #19
HoopLife88 
Props total: 38917 38 K  Slaps total: 5079 5 K
Imma watch but a 5 part documentary?

This ain't oj or rodney king

2 months ago '09        #20
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said
That's what I'm saying. I bet they expected a lot more out of him amd so they didn't want to disrupt the calmness he had at that moment. He is laying down not trying to do anything.
At home sure but your in Detroit with a rival and Ben Wallace pushed you and the crowd is hostile, knowing your teammates mental health is a work in progress and he go off at a flip of a switch, GET HIM THE fu*k OUTTA THERE. And it was only seconds left. Reggie and whoever the coach was fu*ked that up bad leadership to be honest not knowing the temperature of the environment at that moment
+1   

2 months ago '09        #21
 SPdaGOAT said
Great point. There was still like a minute left so they probably was tryna do all that for some sh*t that normally blows over after a couple minutes
Nah my g sub him out and get him to the locker room quickly, that man was averaging career highs and the pacers were off to nice start and got a statement win in their rivals building time to get him the fu*k outta there. You handled business now Shake the spot. Fans been doing disrespectful sh*t for less you see it the last couple of years. That sh*t is a huge stain on Ron’s story even though he didn’t start the sh*t

2 months ago '12        #22
CosbySweater 
Props total: 26006 26 K  Slaps total: 2035 2 K
everyday i ask myself, what would’ve happened if jermaine o’neal didn’t slip and actually landed that falcon punch?
+2   

2 months ago '04        #23
focused313 
Props total: 8580 8 K  Slaps total: 837 837
I'll tune if I remember

2 months ago '13        #24
Prime Dilfer 
Props total: 15939 15 K  Slaps total: 4254 4 K
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said
@ come get ya boy

2 months ago '17        #25
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 76136 76 K  Slaps total: 26131 26 K
 Lupe Hunter said
Nah my g sub him out and get him to the locker room quickly, that man was averaging career highs and the pacers were off to nice start and got a statement win in their rivals building time to get him the fu*k outta there. You handled business now Shake the spot. Fans been doing disrespectful sh*t for less you see it the last couple of years. That sh*t is a huge stain on Ron’s story even though he didn’t start the sh*t
Idk, a fan throwing his beer on a player laying down on the scorer bench isn’t normal and doesn’t happen often like that. In my eyes, I don’t see it as a stain to his career, it’s just unfortunate it went down. It’s hard for me to really call him out for reacting to someone tossing beer at him

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  37
Video inside BMF: Black Mafia Family - Season 1 | Discussion Thread (Starz)
128 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  19
Slim Jesus Jr
85 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+38online now  19
Asap Rocky let Rihanna know her pus-y belonged to him 9 years ago
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  8
Video inside SMACK/URL - Summer Madness XI [DISCUSSION THREAD] (4PM ET x CAFFEINE x ..
1525 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy