Apple to announce photo hashing system to detect child abuse images in users libraries!

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

2 months ago '17        #1
4228 page views
27 comments

FroBE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 14110 14 K  Slaps total: 1562 1 K
Apple to announce photo hashing system to detect child abuse images in users libraries!

Apple is reportedly set to announce new photo identification features that will use hashing algorithms to match the content of photos in users’ photo libraries with known child abuse materials, such as child pr0nography.

Apple’s system will happen on the client — on the user’s device — in the name of privacy, so the iPhone would download a set of fingerprints representing illegal content and then check each photo in the user’s camera roll against that list. Presumably, any matches would then be reported for human review.

Apple has previously said it employs hashing techniques as photos are uploaded to iCloud. This new system would be done on the client side, on the user’s device. Apple is yet to officially announce this new initiative, and the details will matter.

To control the fingerprint content database, then perhaps they could use the system to detect images of things other than clearly illegal child content, such as to suppress political activism.

However, note that all photos uploaded to iCloud Photos for backup and sync are not stored end-to-encrypted anyway. Photos are stored in an encrypted form on Apple’s server farms, but the keys to decrypt are also owned by Apple. This means that law enforcement agencies can subpoena Apple and see all of a user’s uploaded photos. (This is not unusual, all third-party photo services work this way.)

It is possible that in the future Apple could roll out similar systems to scan content on the client side, that would later be stored on a server in an end-to-end encrypted manner. Many governments have campaigned for such a system from E2E private messaging apps like iMessage and WhatsApp as they are worried that the increasing shift to encrypted communications will make it harder for law enforcement to find and prosecute child abuse cases.

Green speculates that Apple wouldn’t have invested in developing this system if applying it to end-to-end encrypted content wasn’t a long term goal.

visit this link https://9to5mac.com/2021/ .. tent-scanning/

---------

This is NOT a good road to go down. You can't just invade peoples personal sh*t and slap the excuse of "but it's for the children!" and expect it to fly. The problem is the public will fall for the "it's for the children" excuse.

Good luck to the Apple users.

Last edited by FroBE; 08-05-2021 at 10:46 AM..
+9   

best
worst
27 comments

2 months ago '10        #2
Big Louie Guwop  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 46145 46 K  Slaps total: 6506 6 K
Some You n*ggas in trouble
+14   

2 months ago '05        #3
Carpe_DM 
Props total: 5667 5 K  Slaps total: 676 676
They should have quietly rolled this one out.
+3   

2 months ago '14        #4
Gotti Pippen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 56174 56 K  Slaps total: 2262 2 K
 Carpe_DM said
This was like a heads up from DEA before a drug raid
+2   

2 months ago '19        #5
Shenanagans  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5637 5 K  Slaps total: 548 548
 Carpe_DM said
Gotta stay ahead of the lawsuits. They can say they expressly told everyone what was gonna happen ahead of time so it's on the user
+1   

2 months ago '17        #6
Iduzdis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14871 14 K  Slaps total: 3302 3 K
Great idea and bad idea at the same
Time.

To openly spy on everyone cause of few sickos out there. sh*t.. most of them in Tim Cook’s community. Lol

2 months ago '20        #7
Blafy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 55505 55 K  Slaps total: 4252 4 K
I feel like this will be used for some wild illegal sh*t (big brother). The CHILD ABUSE statement is a cover up that no one will dispute because it’s fu*king child abuse
+6   

2 months ago '06        #8
kip99 
Props total: 7761 7 K  Slaps total: 960 960
I understand but imagine all the other sh*t this will be misused for fam.
+1   

2 months ago '04        #9
CentsCuZ  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9019 9 K  Slaps total: 2344 2 K
They always start with something like this where people are overwhelmingly against who they're going after. Then, over time, they expand it out to include other things. Before you know it, they'll be reporting you for having pictures of narcotics and using that as probable cause to search your vehicles and homes. And there are many more possibilities, from tax evasion to gun possession. And they can expand the searches to emails, etc.
+7   

2 months ago '17        #10
FroBE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8 OP
Props total: 14110 14 K  Slaps total: 1562 1 K
 CentsCuZ said
They always start with something like this where people are overwhelmingly against who they're going after. Then, over time, they expand it out to include other things. Before you know it, they'll be reporting you for having pictures of narcotics and using that as probable cause to search your vehicles and homes. And there are many more possibilities, from tax evasion to gun possession. And they can expand the searches to emails, etc.
That's a great point. I believe this is eventually their big plan. First step to opening up pandoras box.
+5   

2 months ago '07        #11
ptwist  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 21255 21 K  Slaps total: 1761 1 K
 Iduzdis said
Great idea and bad idea at the same
Time.

To openly spy on everyone cause of few sickos out there. sh*t.. most of them in Tim Cook’s community. Lol
Apple already has software built in the Photos where it can detect location, shapes, foods, even if you attended a wedding (it can detect a brides wedding gown)…

So yeah… not out of the realm they could place shape with age range..: and know exactly what to hunt for
+1   

2 months ago '17        #12
 ptwist said
Apple already has software built in the Photos where it can detect location, shapes, foods, even if you attended a wedding (it can detect a brides wedding gown)…

So yeah… not out of the realm they could place shape with age range..: and know exactly what to hunt for
this sh*t dangerous. family members share baby photos. but people will have to explaining to the law cause Apple think something about it.?

2 months ago '06        #13
datnolaboy 
Props total: 2757 2 K  Slaps total: 295 295
 Iduzdis said
this sh*t dangerous. family members share baby photos. but people will have to explaining to the law cause Apple think something about it.?
It goes to a human at apple first for review if the algorithm flags it. If the human can see it's a harmless baby photo they'll move on but to your point, some sh*t is subjective so it could go to police if cultural norms aren't considered and/or misinterpreted
+1   

2 months ago '17        #14
 datnolaboy said
It goes to a human at apple first for review if the algorithm flags it. If the human can see it's a harmless baby photo they'll move on but to your point, some sh*t is subjective so it could go to police if cultural norms aren't considered and/or misinterpreted
if so, that's major invasion of privacy. I will join the class action against Apple when it's on.

yeah, old school photo albums have babies in bathtub nekkid (harmless). imagine grandma sharing that.

but Apple isn't the law. that some sh*t the law should do. how they invade privacy for a whole nation for a few sick fu*ks.

Last edited by Iduzdis; 08-08-2021 at 11:09 AM..
+1   

2 months ago '04        #15
nicoled985 
Props total: 10311 10 K  Slaps total: 917 917
Apparently there are known photos in a database that are pictures depicting child s*xual abuse. The algorithm is looking for those pics in icloud. It sucks because I understand the gist of finding child predators but I don't know if this is the way.
+1   

2 months ago '04        #16
DJ Maximum|M  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 47884 47 K  Slaps total: 3489 3 K
 ptwist said

Google been had that

2 months ago '04        #17
R0CAF3LLA_pimp 
Props total: 9047 9 K  Slaps total: 3764 3 K
If you think google don’t monitor photos as well y’all are delusional

2 months ago '04        #18
R0CAF3LLA_pimp 
 Iduzdis said
A nekkid baby and a nekkid toddler/preteen are two TOTALLY different things. This will also cut down on dumb kids sending nud*s. As a parent I’m all for it

2 months ago '17        #19
 R0CAF3LLA_pimp said
A nekkid baby and a nekkid toddler/preteen are two TOTALLY different things. This will also cut down on dumb kids sending nud*s. As a parent I’m all for it
I think everybody is for protecting children, but clearly the predators are usually redo parents in most cases. no s*xual pics of minor will leak unless it's a parent, most times.

Pedos love babies, toddler, teens. I don't know why you think there's a difference.
point is there are private family photos, (at pools, home, kids running around with lesser clothes) that are not made public but parent may keep on their phone that apple get to have me investigated for. it violated privacy rights.
+1   

2 months ago '20        #20
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 38316 38 K  Slaps total: 7299 7 K
Where is the consumers privacy

2 months ago '05        #21
Stuart Scott  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 68123 68 K  Slaps total: 10563 10 K
 Shenanagans said
Gotta stay ahead of the lawsuits. They can say they expressly told everyone what was gonna happen ahead of time so it's on the user
yup gotta agree to the terms but lets hope they're not moving that sh*t undetectable rn

2 months ago '04        #22
R0CAF3LLA_pimp 
 Iduzdis said
I think everybody is for protecting children, but clearly the predators are usually redo parents in most cases. no s*xual pics of minor will leak unless it's a parent, most times.

Pedos love babies, toddler, teens. I don't know why you think there's a difference.
point is there are private family photos, (at pools, home, kids running around with lesser clothes) that are not made public but parent may keep on their phone that apple get to have me investigated for. it violated privacy rights.
There’s no privacy. You willingly upload your “content” to their cloud. Read your usage agreement. Google/Amazon/apple all have rights to it

2 months ago '04        #23
Duntaz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 47221 47 K  Slaps total: 2956 2 K
 Xiox said
Where is the consumers privacy

1 month ago '04        #24
GUCCI C0ND0MS 
Props total: 16292 16 K  Slaps total: 13983 13 K
 nicoled985 said
Apparently there are known photos in a database that are pictures depicting child s*xual abuse. The algorithm is looking for those pics in icloud. It sucks because I understand the gist of finding child predators but I don't know if this is the way.
I'm calling ducktales on child predators being stupid enough to keep child s*x abuse pics in iCloud, but then again some people are fu*kin complete morons, so who knows. That would be beyond retarded tho.
+1   

1 month ago '04        #25
nicoled985 
Props total: 10311 10 K  Slaps total: 917 917
 GUCCI C0ND0MS said
I'm calling ducktales on child predators being stupid enough to keep child s*x abuse pics in iCloud, but then again some people are fu*kin complete morons, so who knows. That would be beyond retarded tho.
I agree lol

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+191online now  16
Video inside Fawkin’ MOOLIES!!!!
79 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+68online now  15
Video inside Drake - Buffalo Freestyle Ft Benny The Butcher Official Audio