Aug 4 - DeChambeau returns after being COVID-positive, doesn't regret not getting vaccine

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '17        #1
784 page views
27 comments

Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x163
Props total: 111906 111 K  Slaps total: 25326 25 K
Aug 4 - DeChambeau returns after being COVID-positive, doesn't regret not getting vaccine

MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- A positive COVID-19 test kept Bryson DeChambeau from competing in the men's Olympic golf tournament and still has him searching to regain energy as he competes in this week's WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational.

But DeChambeau, 27, said he does not regret his decision not to get vaccinated for the coronavirus.

"The vaccine doesn't necessarily prevent it from happening," DeChambeau told a few reporters after his nine-hole pro-am round at TPC Southwind on Wednesday. "I'm young enough, I'd rather give it [the vaccine] to people who need it. I don't need it. I'm a healthy, young individual that will continue to work on my health.

"I don't think taking the vaccine away from someone who needs it is a good thing. My dad is a perfect example. He got it [the vaccine] early on because he's a diabetic. People like that need to get it. My mom got it. I don't want to take away that ability."

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has said there are no vaccine shortages in the United States.

DeChambeau added: "Now as time goes on, if it [the vaccine] is mainstream, really, really mainstream, then yeah."

The CDC reported this week that more than 90% of the COVID-19 cases in the U.S. -- and more than 95% of hospitalizations and deaths -- are among unvaccinated people.

DeChambeau, as part of Olympic protocols, was required to take three COVID-19 tests on consecutive days, 24 hours apart, and return negative results before being allowed to fly to Tokyo for the tournament.

He said he tested positive on July 23 and said a subsequent test was also taken just in case the first was a false positive.

"They didn't think it was a false positive, they just wanted to be sure," he said. "I didn't feel anything for two days. All of a sudden, started to feel tired. Started getting fully better two or three days ago. For the most part, it's funny, you stay at home and you quarantine for so long, you just feel tired. You're not doing anything."

DeChambeau said he tested negative before traveling to The Open in England, upon arrival at the tournament and again before leaving. He said this is the first time he's tested positive going back more than a year through numerous tests at tournaments and as a requirement for travel.

"It was bound to happen," he said. "Unfortunately, it happened that week. The odds are you get tested enough, you travel around, it's going to happen. I tried to take all the necessary precautions to not contract it, and unfortunately on Friday [July 23] I tested positive. I tested positive a few times [in the aftermath]. You can't do anything about it."

DeChambeau said he regretted missing the Olympics, that he hopes to qualify in 2024 for another opportunity, but he felt detached watching because he was not competing.

"After I tested positive, my brain just shifted," DeChambeau said. "I love it [the Olympics], thought it was amazing. I'd like to be there in three years."

DeChambeau has become known for his fitness regimen that has seen him pack on some 40 pounds while purposely trying to gain weight and muscle mass; he leads the PGA Tour in driving distance.

But he said he's lost "8 to 10 pounds" in the past two weeks and feels his clubhead speed is down. For that reason, he's not putting too much emphasis on results.

Although he wasn't able to practice much while sick, DeChambeau said he went longer periods without touching a club last year during the three-month tournament shutdown due to the pandemic. He was able to swing on a simulator.

"I'm not really expecting much," he said. "I'm just going out and trying to get through a whole week and feel comfortable, and then do it again and get my golf swing in a place where I'm comfortable. So maybe some lower expectations this week."

DeChambeau is playing the first two rounds with Dustin Johnson and Cameron Smith.

visit this link https://www.espn.com/golf .. ing-vaccinated
+9   

best
worst
27 comments

2 months ago '17        #2
Mr Scaramucci  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x163 OP
Props total: 111906 111 K  Slaps total: 25326 25 K

2 months ago '11        #3
Anti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 51099 51 K  Slaps total: 3938 3 K
Here’s the Tom Brady for antivax with that explanation he hit all y’all points.
+1   

2 months ago '04        #4
J.BEEZY 
Props total: 6749 6 K  Slaps total: 529 529
saving vaccines for people who need it?
There's a surplus of vaccines in the US
+9   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '06        #5
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 87210 87 K  Slaps total: 13454 13 K
Dumb mf acting like the US is short on vaccines.

This is what happens when your parents make you start training at 3 years old and make school an afterthought

Wants the vaccine to be “really really mainstream” when around 70% of US adults have received at least one dose lol

What a dipsh*t, just say “Maga” and quit dancing around the subject

Last edited by Skateboard T; 08-05-2021 at 07:44 AM..
+11   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '06        #6
 Anti said
Here’s the Tom Brady for antivax with that explanation he hit all y’all points.
…maybe if you’re talking about Brady vs Eli and the Giants
+3   

2 months ago '04        #7
NoLedge18720 
Props total: 15547 15 K  Slaps total: 2267 2 K
I mean of all reasons he said he didn't want to take doses but we got a surplus. For someone so smart he sure is stupid
+5   

2 months ago '17        #8
LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x47
Props total: 102758 102 K  Slaps total: 30812 30 K
Fine with me

2 months ago '19        #9
aaf192020 
Props total: 43470 43 K  Slaps total: 4237 4 K
His nickname checks out.
+2   

2 months ago '16        #10
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x46
Props total: 107861 107 K  Slaps total: 21058 21 K
Evidence he too dumb to be a Dr. He must of got there through nepetism.

2 months ago '17        #11
Ifeellikekobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 72925 72 K  Slaps total: 5312 5 K

"The vaccine doesn't necessarily prevent it from happening," DeChambeau

These excuses are really getting lame. Nobody said this. There has been plenty of time to "research" as they say.
+4   

2 months ago '16        #12
Illogic 
Props total: 15454 15 K  Slaps total: 8976 8 K
 Skateboard T said

This is what happens when your parents make you start training at 3 years old and make school an afterthought

Wants the vaccine to be “really really mainstream” when around 70% of US adults have received at least one dose lol

What a dipsh*t, just say “Maga” we quit dancing around the subject
Wish my parents had the foresight and money to make me a millionaire you fu*king moron

2 months ago '18        #13
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 65801 65 K  Slaps total: 5534 5 K
27 year old man if his pops gets it might not be as lucky then its we need to take this sh*t seriously...

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '06        #14
 Illogic said
Wish my parents had the foresight and money to make me a millionaire you fu*king moron
Wait do you think this kid doesn’t come from generational wealth?

Oh, honey…
+2   

2 months ago '06        #15
d4deesnuts 
Props total: 10291 10 K  Slaps total: 1073 1 K
Honestly, it sounds like he’s for the vax but just very misinformed.
“The vaccine doesn't necessarily prevent it from happening," DeChambeau told a few reporters after his nine-hole pro-am round at TPC Southwind on Wednesday. "I'm young enough, I'd rather give it [the vaccine] to people who need it. I don't need it. I'm a healthy, young individual that will continue to work on my health.

"I don't think taking the vaccine away from someone who needs it is a good thing. My dad is a perfect example. He got it [the vaccine] early on because he's a diabetic. People like that need to get it. My mom got it. I don't want to take away that ability."

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has said there are no vaccine shortages in the United States.

DeChambeau added: "Now as time goes on, if it [the vaccine] is mainstream, really, really mainstream, then yeah
+1   

2 months ago '06        #16
d4deesnuts 
Props total: 10291 10 K  Slaps total: 1073 1 K
 DUCEDUCE said
27 year old man if his pops gets it might not be as lucky then its we need to take this sh*t seriously...
True but he did say his dad did get it.

2 months ago '12        #17
slickbak 
Props total: 932 932  Slaps total: 420 420
 J.BEEZY said
saving vaccines for people who need it?
There's a surplus of vaccines in the US
There are other counties that need the vaccine. Places likr India and South America in desperate need of vaccines for their at risk population

If there are surpluses give it to other counties where variants are coming from.

These are the people that people refusing the vaccine are concerned about.

2 months ago '15        #18
majorpain1963 
Props total: 11546 11 K  Slaps total: 1205 1 K

Good luck to those taking their chances.
+4   

2 months ago '15        #19
RunupaCheck  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 8274 8 K  Slaps total: 4090 4 K
 majorpain1963 said

Your IG post is so scary idk.

2 months ago '07        #20
God alone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 33878 33 K  Slaps total: 8264 8 K
Live your life human.

2 months ago '15        #21
majorpain1963 
Props total: 11546 11 K  Slaps total: 1205 1 K
 RunupaCheck said
Your IG post is so scary idk.
Just information from someone in the trenches.

2 months ago '05        #22
youngvito18 
Props total: 25509 25 K  Slaps total: 4739 4 K
Lol, he makes it sound like there was a vax shortage and he did some noble sh*t by not taking it lol

Just say u dont want to take that sh*t

2 months ago '18        #23
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 65801 65 K  Slaps total: 5534 5 K
 d4deesnuts said
True but he did say his dad did get it.
Then thats a blessing

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '06        #24
 majorpain1963 said

:yikes:

fu*k allllllll that no thanks

2 months ago '20        #25
SoufPawEd 
Props total: 957 957  Slaps total: 225 225
 Skateboard T said

What a dipsh*t, just say “Maga” and quit dancing around the subject
And out of that 70%, about 60% of the vaccinated adults are white.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+71online now  22
😳 🐋 Floating (dead) Whale explodes in ocean
70 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  22
Image(s) inside Kanye West's New Yeezys Roasted On Twitter, Fans Say They Look Like Ba..
139 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
-18online now  13
Nintendo is a scam
103 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
-21online now  8
What a downgrade if true.