Aug 4-Viral video of NYC woman busted for turnstile jumping puts NYPD commish on defensive

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
203 replies  @wild'ish

most viewed right now
15 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

1 month ago '04        #1
6890 page views
155 comments

jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x43
Props total: 15716 15 K  Slaps total: 1566 1 K
Aug 4-Viral video of NYC woman busted for turnstile jumping puts NYPD commish on defensive

The city’s top cop went on the defensive Wednesday over jarring video of a woman suspected of fare evasion being roughly pulled to the ground by a NYPD sergeant.

Police Commissioner Dermot Shea insisted there was a bigger story to tell than one revealed by a now-viral clip of Sgt. John Zorrilla grabbing a woman’s leg and yanking her to the ground for jumping a turnstile at a Lower East Side train station.

“I’m not condoning [what happened], but when you stop people for fare evasion and other things and we have to hold them for investigation purposes at the scene, we can’t just let them walk away,” Shea told WPIX-TV.

The video, taken at the Delancey St. station at Ess*x St. on Saturday, shows Zorrilla forcing a woman against the station wall as he tries to sweep her legs out from underneath her.

When that didn’t work, he grabbed one of the woman’s legs and pulled, sending her reeling backwards onto the station floor.

Zorrilla and a handful of other cops then handcuff the woman, who was accused of jumping the turnstile without paying. Police did not immediately disclose if she was actually charged. The incident is now being investigated by the NYPD’s Internal Affairs Bureau.

Zorrilla’s also been sued six times, costing the city $282,750 in settlement payouts, according to 50-a.org. To date, 21 allegations of abuse and misconduct have been filed against him with the Civilian Complaint Review Board. Only three have been substantiated, two involving allegations of abuse of authority and one for use of pepper spray without cause.. The outcomes of those allegations were not immediately disclosed.

“That one piece of what you see is not what happened,” Shea said.

“You see a team of transit officers stopping too many people that are just jumping the turnstile,” he added. “You see too many that are going right over the turnstile.”

The sergeant was sporting a red T-shirt with the phrase, “billionaire in training” — once used to promote former President Donald Trump’s show, “The Apprentice.”

The incident lasted about 20 minutes, according to the commissioner.

Efforts to reach the woman who allegedly jumped the turnstile were unsuccessful. The clip of her arrest was followed by footage by of a second woman claiming she received a ticket for recording the arrest.

“You’re going to write me a ticket because I saw you abusing women and recorded it?” the woman said. “You’re so f---ing disgusting. You’re filthy.”

An Instagram account, “Alwaysfilmthepolice,” compiled that footage with a clip of Zorrilla taking another person to the ground early Saturday morning at the Delancey St. station. The man, Dariel Ali, 26, declined to comment to the Daily News, citing a planned lawsuit.

Ali was charged with obstructing government administration, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct. He was ordered released at his arraignment.

Zorrilla, 40, freely gave his name and badge number to those filming him. The sergeant, who joined the department in 2003 and was a Housing cop before being promoted and transferred to the NYPD’s Transit Bureau, earned $162,000 last year, according to Seethruny.net.

visit this link https://www.nydailynews.c .. gqm-story.html
+12   

best
worst
155 comments

1 month ago '14        #2
consigliereA 
Props total: 56968 56 K  Slaps total: 3288 3 K

1 month ago '18        #3
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 43185 43 K  Slaps total: 3739 3 K
He's a mfing sergeant... that's one... cost the city a quarter million dollars in suits, 2, more than a dozen complaints, 3... and the cherry... they ain't supposed to be arresting ppl for fare evasion anymore... he did all this sh*t to a woman. On camera and ain't give af. Then this piece of sh*t chief said what was on the video ain't what happened... this is the leadership, both. Top down they ain't sh*t and don't deserve my respect.
+136   

1 month ago '15        #4
KingTrips 
Props total: 16692 16 K  Slaps total: 1717 1 K
Lol the funniest sh*t in the world is seeing people get caught jumping the turnstile or walking through the door lol undercovers used to od pop out of nowhere

The ticket for recording is wild..
+74   

1 month ago '16        #5
Head Coach 
Props total: 9993 9 K  Slaps total: 930 930
 KingTrips said
Lol the funniest sh*t in the world is seeing people get caught jumping the turnstile or walking through the door lol undercovers used to od pop out of nowhere

I remember 1 time back when I was still in hs I was sitting next to this bum in the train station waiting 4 My homie n this lil kid runs in the station n hops the turnstyle

The bum I'm sitting next 2 reaches over me and catches this lil n*gga by his jansport strings and slam him hard af on the ground

Next thing u know this bus driver runs in the station n clock the lil dude right in the face hard af, I'm like oh sh*t wtf

Turns out the kid hit this n*gga with a snowball thru the window, kid had good aim

Bum turned out 2 be a undercover tho so he cuffs the kid tells the bus driver 2 beat it

And the kid is lookin at me with this big fat black eye like yo can u pick up my strings lmao

Lil dude coulda sued the city 4 a huge come up and he worried abt his strings lol
+46   

1 month ago '14        #6
Christian238 
Props total: 8064 8 K  Slaps total: 852 852
Only came to see a "Mo Money" Damon Wayans "Pay ya fare..." gif...@me when it happens...

+26   

1 month ago '11        #7
Darealness420 
Props total: 1699 1 K  Slaps total: 1090 1 K
A real life herc from the wire lol
+26   

1 month ago '16        #8
Tkoeny 
Props total: 2018 2 K  Slaps total: 283 283
How can/does nyc justify 160k salary?

I know medical physician that earn around that in nyc area.

Lawyers make half of that.
+25   

1 month ago '21        #9
outstanding  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 15026 15 K  Slaps total: 13594 13 K
 Tkoeny said

NYC work> the rest of America.
+14   

1 month ago '17        #10
LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x47
Props total: 102509 102 K  Slaps total: 30754 30 K
So this is the one that bothers them
+24   

1 month ago '21        #11
BigGVD 
Props total: 5049 5 K  Slaps total: 844 844
You gotta be a real fu*kin weirdo to wanna be a cop

Same type of n*gga that was hall monitor in middle school
+56   

1 month ago '15        #12
Tully Blanchard 
Props total: 132764 132 K  Slaps total: 5524 5 K
This mfer have cuffs for 1/2 of the ny population on him?
+16   

1 month ago '20        #13
BlacksAndLatins  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15920 15 K  Slaps total: 9857 9 K
Y'all respect the ones who got arrested, I respect the ones who do the arresting.
@ look at this thug a*s little bi*ch yo

we need to start a GoFundMe for that s*xy a*s papi policeman

1 month ago '04        #14
mt fuji 
Props total: 3775 3 K  Slaps total: 434 434
 Christian238 said
Only came to see a "Mo Money" Damon Wayans "Pay ya fare..." gif...@me when it happens...

+29   

1 month ago '16        #15
HugheStone 
Props total: 14678 14 K  Slaps total: 3458 3 K
they should just let dirty newyorkers crusty a*s ride that sh*t for free, it's bad enough to have to live in that sh*thole.
+12   

1 month ago '19        #16
skippa 
Props total: 10561 10 K  Slaps total: 1452 1 K
Man fu*k that dyke looking hoe talking about that abusing women bullsh*t.

It was just a n*gga talking about running a train on a woman and her 12 year old son on youtube.

Who facilitated the r*pe of that 12 year old. The mother. The WOMAN. Without her offering up her son for s*x the boy wouldn't have been r*ped by BX's favorite f*g**t a*s youtuber.

These petty bums causing a organization to miss out on a quarter of a B cause they don't want to pay a couple dollars, and you expect them just to lay down and take that loss on the chin.

1 month ago '15        #17
Black Larry 
Props total: 15093 15 K  Slaps total: 1317 1 K
 Tkoeny said

That union strong. Strong strong.

De blasio tried to take some of there power away they immediately started a campaign against him. And its so many closet racist here. A whole lot of ppl turned their back on the mayor. All the mayor was saying at the time is he has a black son. He doesn't want to see his son k*lled by accident. cuz cops if you a person of color can get away with and feel enthused to violate because their union has so much pull and power to get away with bs

sh*t Giuliani was trying to make a run with Trump. Hes the one that basically turned cops into gangs in NYC.

I went off track but they one of the few professions that kept getting raises and such thru all the sh*t. 20 year retirement. sh*t sweet and attractive if you somewhat interested. I seen ppl no disrespect. With no career path stuck in bs become cops. Now living sweet. No education really needed. Not many jobs you can 100k plus and retire early with little education. It's just some working your way up you gonna run into politics and dckheads trying to prove themselves by any means. But that may be most jobs
+27   

1 month ago '06        #18
datVAkid 
Props total: 34997 34 K  Slaps total: 5687 5 K
I see nothing wrong with the arrest with the woman if she wasnt being cooperative, how ever everything after that was too much
+19   

1 month ago '12        #19
mars15  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x29
Props total: 52513 52 K  Slaps total: 4278 4 K
What’s the point of preventing fare evasion when this psychotic n*ggas abusive behavior results in $300k in taxpayer funded settlements
+29   

1 month ago '18        #20
ChrisPartlowFro 
Props total: 31140 31 K  Slaps total: 3487 3 K
 Tkoeny said

CPD cops make 77k first year, with OT, they can crack 110 the first year easily.
+10   

1 month ago '21        #21
SHAMPOOO 
Props total: 907 907  Slaps total: 830 830
That Penalty $$$ is Chump Change, He's Still an a*set...Private Sector will Pay him Big Money if he loses his Badge!
+1   

1 month ago '13        #22
kromw2 
Props total: 14097 14 K  Slaps total: 1116 1 K
 KingTrips said

They got me once like that. I was rushing to work and was late and the under covers ticketed my a*s. Smh
+8   

1 month ago '14        #23
TheGreatestEver 
Props total: 3096 3 K  Slaps total: 701 701
 lip service said
NYC work> the rest of America.
Unions
+1   

1 month ago '18        #24
J0e Bl0w 
Props total: 6915 6 K  Slaps total: 2073 2 K

+19   

1 month ago '16        #25
MulaAve  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 16519 16 K  Slaps total: 1893 1 K
 Tkoeny said

Lawyers in nyc straight outta school start at like $180k in big law, unless u a lawyer working small time sh*t, u making bread in nyc

And homie def working some OT and night shift hours to be making $160k

This n*gga can retire in 2-3 years to an $80k a year pension for life

That’s nothing tho, this same cop if he was in Long Island would be touching $200k working the same hours in a safer city
+14   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  26
Candyman just hit the internet via Amazon Prime and iykyk
107 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  20
Video inside Sep 16 - Youtuber Goes Missing, Boyfriend Not Talking, FBI Now Involved
200 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+22online now  14
Image(s) inside Sep 16 - School worker cuts girl’s hair without parent's permission
138 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+25online now  11
YouTuber Accidentally Uploads Unedited Video That Shows Her Using Her Crying S..
101 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy