We Bout To kill All This "Dipset had the bigger hits" Talk..

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 months ago '21        #1
1126 page views
54 comments

Still2Highh 
Props total: 8258 8 K  Slaps total: 782 782
We Bout To k*ll All This "Dipset had the bigger hits" Talk..

Im startin to get the feeling alot yall was too young.. or just started listening to rap around when Diplomats came out.. cause its NO fu*kIN WAY u was around at the time Lox dropped MPR ..We Are The Streets and can even fix yall fingers to type some sh*t like "Diplomats had the bigger hits"

And we can start off wit the fact Lox first album Money, Power Respect is certified platinum.. We Are The Streets is gold...

Diplomatic Immunity is gold.. Diplomatic Immunity 2 ..neither.. Camron Come Home With Me is Platinum..but thats a solo ..

Now go head n post whatever Diplomats "hits" u think was bigger than the Lox sh*t.. and we goin get down to the details n numbers.. cause yall done lost yall fu*kin minds tryna rewrite hiphop history.
+12   

best
worst
54 comments

2 months ago '13        #2
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 99703 99 K  Slaps total: 41136 41 K
MOved up from the top 5 a couple of notches

+5   

2 months ago '13        #3
Hayek  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 13787 13 K  Slaps total: 4793 4 K
Which album more people talk about: DI or a Lox group album

2 months ago '04        #4
slimyellow 
Props total: 6348 6 K  Slaps total: 947 947
Man nobody from the Lox gotta better album than come home with me... Cut the bullsh*t... The only reason Dipset got they a*s kicked is cuz they couldnt match the energy... bad song placement... bad chemistry ETC... Dipset changed the game an how n*ggas was dressing an all; they was just there for the check unfortunately. Hell n*ggas even had "dipset" in their passwords growing up, fu*k u talkin bout.

2 months ago '19        #5
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 46983 46 K  Slaps total: 8152 8 K
For me its a matter of impact, Yeah LOX had hits but Dipset was a movement which changed NY Hip Hop; These n*ggas took lingo from other cultures and popularized terms like Buku(beaucoup), Kufi, Akhi etc. popularized a word scheme/punchline flow and fashion style, Keeping it a buck i don't think LOX could touch them as far as impact went.
+4   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '17        #6
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 76154 76 K  Slaps total: 26134 26 K
 slimyellow said
Man nobody from the Lox gotta better album than come home with me.
A gangster and a gentleman.

I love Cam but Styles discography is much better especially if you count mixtapes
+7   

2 months ago '21        #7
Still2Highh  OP
 GetYaCoinsKing said
For me its a matter of impact, Yeah LOX had hits but Dipset was a movement which changed NY Hip Hop; These n*ggas took lingo from other cultures and popularized terms like Buku(beaucoup), Kufi, Akhi etc. popularized a word scheme/punchline flow and fashion style, Keeping it a buck i don't think LOX could touch them as far as impact went.
So u sayin Dipset movement was bigger than Ruff Ryders?

Cause when u start talkin movements now u opening the gates for a whole different element to the conversation
+9   

2 months ago '16        #8
Soo Special OG  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 39860 39 K  Slaps total: 7394 7 K
 GetYaCoinsKing said
to be fair, ruff ryders was a movement and badboy at that time had the city on fire. they literally went right from badboy to ruff ryders. they never was number 1 running the city as a group, but i disagree with your impact comment. when the lox started dropping 5-6 damn songs in a row which i thought was b.s and didnt understand how it was allowed, they showed everybody what they've done since the beginning
+2   

2 months ago '05        #9
Stuart Scott  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 68124 68 K  Slaps total: 10563 10 K
dipset fans mad lmao
+4   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '17        #10
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 76154 76 K  Slaps total: 26134 26 K
 Soo Special OG said
to be fair, ruff ryders was a movement and badboy at that time had the city on fire. they literally went right from badboy to ruff ryders. they never was number 1 running the city as a group, but i disagree with your impact comment. when the lox started dropping 5-6 damn songs in a row which i thought was b.s and didnt understand how it was allowed, they showed everybody what they've done since the beginning
Ruff Ryders a nationwide movement, they always had n*ggas down here in Miami.
+2   

2 months ago '20        #11
Die in Houston  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15417 15 K  Slaps total: 1504 1 K
I was pre-schooler/toddler during the Lox era and was rooting for dipset. But the truth was exposed and you can’t deny true greatness.
+6   

2 months ago '19        #12
 Soo Special OG said
 Still2Highh said
So u sayin Dipset movement was bigger than Ruff Ryders?

Cause when u start talkin movements now u opening the gates for a whole different element to the conversation
Since when did this become a Ruff Ryders or Badboy vs Dipset convo? I'm referring to the OP, He's comparing LOX vs Dip, I'm saying in terms of impact vs LOX, Dipset had way more impact.
+2   

2 months ago '21        #13
Still2Highh  OP
 Stuart Scott said
dipset fans mad lmao
I keep seein this "Lox had a better performance, but Dipset had the bigger hits" sh*t pop up.. and Im like WHEN?????? WHERE??????

So Im tryna give em this thread to prove it.. and iron these details out..

Cause it's like they not even counting the first half of Lox career
+2   

2 months ago '17        #14
Speedy ClapSon 
Props total: 19601 19 K  Slaps total: 6302 6 K
Oh boy and hey ma were literally the biggest songs on Rocafella at the time who had Jay z that people claimed "ran the game" during that era
+4   

2 months ago '21        #15
Still2Highh  OP
 GetYaCoinsKing said
Since when did this become a Ruff Ryders or Badboy vs Dipset convo? I'm referring to the OP, He's comparing LOX vs Dip, I'm saying in terms of impact vs LOX, Dipset had way more impact.
I am OP..

This became a ruff ryders vs Dipset convo when u mention "movement" cause the Lox played a huge part in Ruff Ryders movement.

Or u just not include that part when comparing impact?
+1   

2 months ago '19        #16
 Still2Highh said
I am OP..

This became a ruff ryders vs Dipset convo when u mention "movement" cause the Lox played a huge part in Ruff Ryders movement.

You can't cherry pick what your argument is going to be tho, You keep pivoting. Your post was about the LOX and only the LOX not each individuals members careers; I brought-up the impact that Dipset had in terms of fashion, lingo and rhyme scheme but now you want to speak on each individual career.

So whats your argument here? Because its sounding like a convoluted mess...

Is it hits? album sales? impact? movement?

What is it?
+2   

2 months ago '17        #17
Speedy ClapSon 
 Still2Highh said
I am OP..

DMX played a huge part in the ruff Ryders movement
Lox were bad boy rejects that rode DMX wave

2 months ago '06        #18
Curtisimo 
Props total: 4832 4 K  Slaps total: 1021 1 K
The Lox was on bigger records also Jadakiss went platinum twice Cam only went platinum once
+2   

2 months ago '21        #19
Still2Highh  OP
 Speedy ClapSon said
DMX played a huge part in the ruff Ryders movement
Lox were bad boy rejects that rode DMX wave
Now u just talkin stupid
+1   

2 months ago '17        #20
Speedy ClapSon 
 Still2Highh said
Now u just talkin stupid
Cam went to rocafella and put out bigger hits than the owner
Lox went to rocafella and was the 3rd wheel behind DMX and eve

Facts

2 months ago '04        #21
gimmethat 
Props total: 10495 10 K  Slaps total: 1153 1 K
letīs keep it real ,dispet was more of a movement than a group with amazing records
Love most of the songs but they were either gimmicky ,trendy or beats were energetic.If you put them next to classics or dope freestyles with dope verses they canīt compete

canīt really play them next to the lox or mobb deep
+4   

2 months ago '19        #22
beamjawn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 10352 10 K  Slaps total: 12837 12 K
Lowkey when Dipset came out I definitely was in tune more with them and in school everyone was fu*kin with Dipset. The music and the movement with the bi*ches, the lox didn't have that lowkey. When you hide behind the beat and the videos and the engineers and producers, it'll make anyone look like a God. Tonight just proved how greatly Jada improved. He lost weight too from back in the days so his sh*t harder kus he look like a whole new Jada and he was demon time so..

2 months ago '04        #23
gamespitter84 
Props total: 609 609  Slaps total: 156 156
 gimmethat said
letīs keep it real ,dispet was more of a movement than a group with amazing records
Love most of the songs but they were either gimmicky ,trendy or beats were energetic.If you put them next to classics or dope freestyles with dope verses they canīt compete

canīt really play them next to the lox or mobb deep
When they(set) were hungry it was a different vibe that vibe is gone… lox never lost it..
+1   

2 months ago '21        #24
Still2Highh  OP
 GetYaCoinsKing said
You can't cherry pick what your argument is going to be tho, You keep pivoting. Your post was about the LOX and only the LOX not each individuals members careers; I brought-up the impact that Dipset had in terms of fashion, lingo and rhyme scheme but now you want to speak on each individual career.

So whats your argument here? Because its sounding like a convoluted mess...

Is it hits? album sales? impact? movement?

What is it?
I clearly said "Bigger Hits"..that's what all these Diplomats fans keep cryin about.

YOU the one started talkin bout movement and impact... so I said ok.. well if we talkin "movements and impact" now we gotta bring Ruff Ryders into the conversation...

So movement/impact aside...

Where are these "bigger hits" Diplomats got over The Lox ??

I seen Hey Ma and Oh Boy so far..

Which I can tell u right now.. Oh Boy was not bigger than no fu*kin Money Power Respect.. even goin by numbers.. which when all else fails.. can be used to determine the "bigger hit".. cause Oh Boy didn't even hit gold.

Or yall just sayin whatever was bigger hits in yall circles when they dropped??
+1   

2 months ago '06        #25
Curtisimo 
Props total: 4832 4 K  Slaps total: 1021 1 K
Styles on BMF is big record too. Imagine if they did that to them last night

Would've had the crowd going nuts on made you look remix

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  23
Video inside BMF: Black Mafia Family - Season 1 | Discussion Thread (Starz)
133 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-19online now  21
Slim Jesus Jr
86 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+38online now  16
Asap Rocky let Rihanna know her pus-y belonged to him 9 years ago
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  11
Video inside SMACK/URL - Summer Madness XI [DISCUSSION THREAD] (4PM ET x CAFFEINE x ..
1526 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy