If we being honest, if Jay and Nas got on a Verzuz, Nas would get washed

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 months ago '19        #1
1018 page views
57 comments

Free my soul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 24106 24 K  Slaps total: 8088 8 K
If we being honest, if Jay and Nas got on a Verzuz, Nas would get washed

Nas higher in my top rappers but Jay would wash him. What global hit's did nas have outside I can, Owe me back, and Hate me now. Yes Nas got bangers but Jay has BANGERS. Got Ur Self a Gun is a banger but Izzo was a worldwide monumental track image If it was about bars Canibus would wash anybody in a Verzuz battle but it isn't

best
worst
57 comments

2 months ago '04        #2
slapaho 
Props total: 12862 12 K  Slaps total: 602 602
Jay isn’t gonna be able to walk from one side of the stage to the other while nas is performing sh*t like this

+15   

2 months ago '20        #3
The corrector  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7932 7 K  Slaps total: 1843 1 K
I totally disagree
+7   

2 months ago '19        #4
Free my soul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21 OP
 slapaho said
Jay isn’t gonna be able to walk from one side of the stage to the other while nas is performing sh*t like this

And what's Nas gonna play when Jay plays:
Empire state of mind
Girls girls girls
Can't knock the hustle
Feeling it
Can I get a
Hard knock life
Excuse me miss
Big Pimpin
Dirt off your shoulder
Run this town
Swagga like us?

It's a LOOOONG night for Nas because there's hood hits then theres HITS that every race, gender, creed, age range played in any event. You heard some old people who not big fans of rap listening to a Nas song? You heard Nas played at a sporting event? Nas gonna have to go to the Verzuz little league

2 months ago '04        #5
slapaho 
Props total: 12862 12 K  Slaps total: 602 602
 Free my soul said
And what's Nas gonna play when Jay plays:
Empire state of mind
Girls girls girls
Can't knock the hustle
Feeling it
Can I get a
Hard knock life
Excuse me miss
Big Pimpin
Dirt off your shoulder
Run this town
Swagga like us?

It's a LOOOONG night for Nas. Nas gonna have to go to the Verzuz little league

The whole night jay gonna be wondering if nas gonna do ether.. so he already won
+22   

2 months ago '19        #6
 slapaho said
The whole night jay gonna be wondering if nas gonna do ether.. so he already won
Nas married washed up Kelis and was paying child support for the longest, Jay married a woman who's worth damn near a billion if not a billion and can still drop a hit song if she wanted to There's levels to this sh*t

2 months ago '19        #7
beamjawn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 10352 10 K  Slaps total: 12836 12 K
 slapaho said
That's true
+3   

2 months ago '16        #8
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 76545 76 K  Slaps total: 4888 4 K
 slapaho said

Came in to say this. If Nas was being a gentleman he'd play this song last, just so the battle wouldn't be over before it actually got going.
+1   

2 months ago '16        #9
 Free my soul said
Nas higher in my top rappers but Jay would wash him. What global hit's did nas have outside I can, Owe me back, and Hate me now. Yes Nas got bangers but Jay has BANGERS. Got Ur Self a Gun is a banger but Izzo was a worldwide monumental track If it was about bars Canibus would wash anybody in a Verzuz battle but it isn't

+3   

2 months ago '19        #10
 Proveone said

Post songs that can even touch Jay in a Verzuz. We talking hits not dope lyrical songs

There's levels to this sh*t

Last edited by Free my soul; 08-04-2021 at 12:32 PM..
+6   

2 months ago '04        #11
illsoul440 
Props total: 3790 3 K  Slaps total: 1126 1 K
For the so called culture. After last night. If nas & Jay want that #1 spot they gon have to battle each other, what kiss did last night was legendary and he is new york city king MC,

I dont think Jay would do it. But I believe he can outshine nas, I dont think he has that confidence tho. Would be epic sh*t
+6   

2 months ago '15        #12
Wrong Kindz10 
Props total: 6596 6 K  Slaps total: 467 467
 Free my soul said
Nas married washed up Kelis and was paying child support for the longest, Jay married a woman who's worth damn near a billion if not a billion and can still drop a hit song if she wanted to There's levels to this sh*t
but he's still bothered by ether. Any time nas drops hov try some funny sh*t.
+2   

2 months ago '16        #13
 Free my soul said
Post songs that can even touch Jay in a Verzuz. We talking hits not dope lyrical songs
It ain't hard to tell
NY state of mind
Halftime
One Luv
Life's A bi*ch
Memory lane
Who's world

Gawd damn I ain't even got off his first album yet, and I'm talking classics. This is some hip hop sh*t not no top 40 contest. And as I've already stated above like many others he just needs to put on Ether and it's a fu*kn wrap. This is a BATTLE my guy. Verzuz is some hip hop sh*t
+3   

2 months ago '19        #14
 Proveone said
It ain't hard to tell
NY state of mind
Halftime
One Luv
Life's A bi*ch
Memory lane
Who's world

Gawd damn I ain't even got off his first album yet, and I'm talking classics. This is some hip hop sh*t not no top 40 contest. And as I've already stated above like many others he just needs to put on Ether and it's a fu*kn wrap. This is a BATTLE my guy.
n*gga Verzez about HITS not no lyrical miracle sh*t, if that's the cause Cassidy would clean up every rapper ever. Halftime is nice but if jay plays this he wins that round

This was EVERYWHERE, car stereo's, sporting events, graduation parties, etc Halftime was not. Empire state of mind is like a breath of fresh air in music form

2 months ago '17        #15
Heroinadidas 
Props total: 4045 4 K  Slaps total: 198 198
At first I was Hell Yeah but then I thought about the standard now with the crowd element ...

Mmm.....Jay would win but you realize they kinda share the same crowd, Illmactic is a Classic for a reason so if Nas play this strategically it'll be competitive but Nas would HAVE to play Ether if Jay Z goes on a hit streak and no point does Jay have have to pull out Supa Ugly or Takeover

What goes against Jay is his catalogue is too deep where picking his 20 might be The Battle even his features are battle worthy

And as much as I wanna see This. I dont cause where do we go after this?
This Ultimate Titan vs Ultimate Titan
Zeus Vs Odon
Ali vs Tyson

Man fu*k that I might die next week, Somebody contact the Roc Nation offices STAT!!
+3   

2 months ago '21        #16
JugBeats 
Props total: 2544 2 K  Slaps total: 132 132
im a huge nas fan but its true. hov just has too many hits.
+1   

2 months ago '20        #17
Iverson  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 502 502  Slaps total: 202 202
I'm a bigger Nas fan than a Jay Z fan but OP is talking facts. Hov has way too many memorable hits, features, and cuts with mass appeal.

If we're keeping it 100, Nas has been carried by his core fanbase since Untitled. He hasn't much memorable hits or features after the 2000's decade.

I think people a*sume because Nas is more consistent or has less poppy songs, that he'll have the advantage but it doesn't work that way. Redman and Scarface are also way more consistent than Hov but they won't win either.

Unless the battle is strictly limited to pre-retirement 96-03 Jay Z, it's going to be lopsided. But, if it includes all eras, Hov will win and Nas's only chance of winning will be based on sympathy votes rooting for the underdog and I say this as a Nas stan.
+2   

2 months ago '16        #18
 Free my soul said
n*gga Verzez about HITS not no lyrical miracle sh*t, if that's the cause Cassidy would clean up every rapper ever. Halftime is nice but if jay plays this he wins that round
This was EVERYWHERE, car stereo's, sporting events, graduation parties, etc Halftime was not. Empire state of mind is like a breath of fresh air in music form
The entire concept of a battle finds its original roots in hip hop via a reggae clash of sounds. By that metric Nas wins. Cassidy doesn't have classic records so he wouldn't win.

2 months ago '17        #19
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 51655 51 K  Slaps total: 7880 7 K
 Free my soul said

There's levels to this sh*t
whats the point of a versus if it only comes down to whos bi*ch has more money or who has more hits?
+2   

2 months ago '07        #20
strongthetruth  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 28265 28 K  Slaps total: 7240 7 K
Definitely. Hov has the best stage presence and performance I’ve ever seen from a rapper. Think Jada times 10. n*gga Hov be dancing and all

2 months ago '16        #21
billyballs 
Props total: 180 180  Slaps total: 17 17
Jay aint got NOTHIN for Nas when he drops Ether. That's all he needs
+1   

2 months ago '04        #22
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 25643 25 K  Slaps total: 3932 3 K
 Free my soul said
Nas higher in my top rappers but Jay would wash him. What global hit's did nas have outside I can, Owe me back, and Hate me now. Yes Nas got bangers but Jay has BANGERS. Got Ur Self a Gun is a banger but Izzo was a worldwide monumental track If it was about bars Canibus would wash anybody in a Verzuz battle but it isn't
You forgot one of of his biggest "if I ruled the world" and he has other bangers as well....
+2   

2 months ago '19        #23
 marcchrome said
You forgot one of of his biggest "if I ruled the world" and he has other bangers as well....
Ok but that's not touching all the huge hits Jay Had though

2 months ago '16        #24
 Lite said
whats the point of a versus if it only comes down to whos bi*ch has more money or who has more hits?

2 months ago '18        #25
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 57691 57 K  Slaps total: 19812 19 K
Of course he would , Jay a better performer. Jay is world wide while Nas is just local

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+67online now  42
Video inside Drake - Buffalo Freestyle Ft Benny The Butcher Official Audio
116 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  31
Image(s) inside Apples creativity died with Steve Jobs
94 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  18
Video inside Mase In A Heated Exchange On Club House: Nas Vs Andre 3000|North Vs Sou..
303 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+158online now  12
Video inside Fawkin’ MOOLIES!!!!
62 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy