Aug 4 - jpmorgan ceo....allegedly concerned bank gouges customers on overdraft fees

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

1 month ago '09        #1
448 page views
9 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x71
Props total: 236873 236 K  Slaps total: 26563 26 K
Aug 4 - jpmorgan ceo....allegedly concerned bank gouges customers on overdraft fees

visit this link https://www.mediaite.com/ .. a-dollar-slow/

JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon addressed concerns on Wednesday over his bank’s overdraft fees, saying it may have been “a day late and a dollar short” in reforming its policies.

The comments came after he clashed with Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) over the fees at a May Senate hearing. Dimon refused to tell Warren how much JPMorgan collected in overdraft fees, leading to a contentious back-and-forth in which Warren called him the “star of the overdraft show.”

image The bank collected $1.46 billion in overdraft fees in 2020, according to federal regulatory filings, 2.4 times more per account than Bank of America and 4.9 times more than CitiGroup

“You said the premise of the question was wrong,” Fox Business Network’s Maria Bartiromo noted in a Wednesday interview with Dimon. “She said you have the number, $1.463 billion. Does that change anything? Did you make a change on overdraft fees?”

“There are sometimes legitimate complaints about banks and what people do and how we do it,” Dimon replied

image “We changed overdraft fees and charging over an extended period of time and we always look at something like that so I asked the people look at it again, go through in detail. A lot of competitors are making changes. It may be a day late and a dollar slow. But if it’s appropriate we will make changes. We will do it if it’s competitive.”

The banking chief took a more cautious tone when Bartiromo followed up. “What do you mean, you’re going to eliminate overdraft fees?” Bartiromo asked.

image “I don’t know about that,” Dimon said, adding that “people who bounce checks” incur additional costs when they fail to pay traffic tickets. “Remember, there’s a huge benefit to overdraft fees. I think people have to, again, take a deep breath.

“We’re trying to do the right things for clients, not have a knee-jerk reaction,” he added.
+3   

best
worst
9 comments

1 month ago '10        #2
lltreyll 
Props total: 5125 5 K  Slaps total: 1623 1 K
If I eventually stack over a million, I wouldnt be a dummy with that money. I'd start a fu*kin bank. That is all.
+6   

1 month ago '11        #3
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x38
Props total: 160882 160 K  Slaps total: 22465 22 K
He just figure this out

Jaimie dimon must be attempting to do some good on the way out, one last good deed
+1   

1 month ago '18        #4
ChrisPartlowFro 
Props total: 31146 31 K  Slaps total: 3487 3 K
Translation: changes will be made to bring them in line with the market. Perhaps you’ll get an alert well before you overdraft or something but fees ain’t going anywhere.
+1   

1 month ago '20        #5
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 38096 38 K  Slaps total: 7272 7 K
Gotta luv how these greedy capitalists do business with no regulation
+3   

1 month ago '17        #6
dubsax 
Props total: 53322 53 K  Slaps total: 4482 4 K
 Sin said
He just figure this out

Jaimie dimon must be attempting to do some good on the way out, one last good deed
dont be surprised to see him run for president
+2   

1 month ago '11        #7
Sin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x38
Props total: 160882 160 K  Slaps total: 22465 22 K
 dubsax said
dont be surprised to see him run for president
I would welcome that very intelligent, sensible, competent and rational man

American can use some of that

Disney’s bob Igor is another rumor

Last edited by Sin; 08-04-2021 at 05:56 PM..

1 month ago '20        #8
Bighempin  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8504 8 K  Slaps total: 1209 1 K
Bro these crooks charge you 12.00 maintenance fee if you chit dips below 50.00
+1   

1 month ago '04        #9
x Tha Arkitek x  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 19577 19 K  Slaps total: 2733 2 K
It may seem like banks make a boatload off of overdraft fees, but in the grand scheme of their total annual revenue overdraft fees make up something like 1-2% of their revenue.

They don't even need that revenue to make investors happy, they just do it just because they want to and they can --- that's evil and greedy. I'm not even religious, but there's a special place for these individuals.
+1   

1 month ago '16        #10
00010111  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 42352 42 K  Slaps total: 4463 4 K
 Sin said
I would welcome that very intelligent, sensible, competent and rational man

American can use some of that

Disney’s bob Igor is another rumor

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+42online now  59
Video inside Sniper Gang Artist Wiz Da Wizard k*lled In Florida
116 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  37
Sep 17 - The border crisis at del rio,texas
122 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  29
Image(s) inside Brian Pumper aka Michael Marcellus Felton Is Currently Looked Up On s*..
105 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  22
Tesla just crushed the record for fastest electric vehicle in the world
19 comments
18 hours ago
@rides
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy