Aug 4 - Gov. Hutchinson wishes he didn't sign mask mandate ban into law

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '17        #1
2150 page views
85 comments

Ifeellikekobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 73142 73 K  Slaps total: 5371 5 K
Aug 4 - Gov. Hutchinson wishes he didn't sign mask mandate ban into law

-Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson said Tuesday that he regrets signing a mask mandate ban into law. He has called a special session to amend the law for schools.

LITTLE ROCK, Ark — Governor Asa Hutchinson on Tuesday expressed regret for signing Act 1002 into Arkansas law. The new law bans the state and local officials from enacting any mask mandates.

During a press conference, Hutchinson answered questions about why he signed the proposal into law. He said that when he initially approved it a few months ago, both COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations were at a "low point" in Arkansas and were declining.

Now as the delta variant is causing a new wave in the state along with low vaccination rates, Hutchinson said that in hindsight he wishes that Act 1002 had not become law.

"There is no state wide mask mandate. I'm not in favor of a statewide mask mandate. There are no government vaccine mandates as well, but we do have a vulnerable group that is not eligible for the vaccine," said Hutchinson.

He said the call that he signed Tuesday asks the general a*sembly to amend the law to give local school districts the flexibility to add protection to children under 12.

The only chance they have is either to amend it or for the courts to say that it has an unconstitutional foundation.

Hutchinson expressed his support for an amendment to the mask mandate ban to allow for school districts to enact mask wearing rules.

"The local school districts should make the call and they should have more options to make sure that their school is a safe environment during a very challenging time for education," he said.

He is concerned that since students ages 12 and under are not approved to receive the COVID-19 vaccinations they could be put at risk of contracting the virus when school returns in the fall.

Dr. Jose Romero, Arkansas's health secretary, shared during the press conference that nearly 19% of all active COVID cases in the state are under 18 and that more than half of that number are under 12.

"Between April and July of this year there's been a 517% increase in the number of cases in people under 18 with a nearly 690% increase in cases for children 12 and under. There's be an increase of nearly 270% in hospitalization among individuals less than 18 years of age," said Dr. Romero.

The special session will begin on Wednesday at 10 a.m.

The House and Senate held a Committee of the Whole meeting Tuesday morning. All agreed to keep the governor's declaration for a public health emergency.

On Monday, two Arkansas parents filed a lawsuit to overturn the law banning mask mandates. The parents are looking for a judge to temporarily block the state from enforcing the law and have called it unconstitutional.

visit this link https://www.thv11.com/art .. 9-8932d1656a0d

Ole dumbass
+6   

best
worst
85 comments

2 months ago '06        #2
ehizzy3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 18967 18 K  Slaps total: 1465 1 K
Lmao trying to play political games and taking that l for it
+28   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '09        #3
faceoffizhere 
Props total: 14279 14 K  Slaps total: 3742 3 K
lol n*ggas getting them checks and changing their tune n*ggas do literally anything for cash now

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '06        #4
Storchaveli  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 27386 27 K  Slaps total: 6376 6 K
In before the BX Tinfoil Scientist Squad.
+9   

2 months ago '06        #5
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 87358 87 K  Slaps total: 13599 13 K
Said it before and I’ll keep saying it.

Idiots didn’t want to lose voters so they just decided to let them die instead.
+30   

2 months ago '04        #6
Rashad69 
Props total: 8785 8 K  Slaps total: 1073 1 K
 faceoffizhere said
lol n*ggas getting them checks and changing their tune n*ggas do literally anything for cash now
u think him changing his tune is rooted in him having been paid off and not the fact that mask mandates are (and have been) common sense? i'm not coming at you, i'm asking for clarification.
+3   

2 months ago '04        #7
Rashad69 
Props total: 8785 8 K  Slaps total: 1073 1 K
 Skateboard T said
Said it before and I’ll keep saying it.

Idiots didn’t want to lose voters so they just decided to let them die instead.
it's wild how many right-wing politicians/pundits tell their base that COVID is just like the flu and to not believe in the hype or hysteria, meanwhile, ALL of them were first in line to get that vaccine.
+21   

2 months ago '16        #8
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 76669 76 K  Slaps total: 4896 4 K

fu*k you hillbilly fu*ks, you get what you deserve.
0 sympathy for the situation he finds himself in
+14   

2 months ago '15        #9
The South 
Props total: 30216 30 K  Slaps total: 3930 3 K

2 months ago '18        #10
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 65918 65 K  Slaps total: 5536 5 K
 Rashad69 said
it's wild how many right-wing politicians/pundits tell their base that COVID is just like the flu and to not believe in the hype or hysteria, meanwhile, ALL of them were first in line to get that vaccine.
Thats how you you know that base is dumb as rocks. And the fact is that America will always have that 35% of people who have no fu*king common sense.
+10   

2 months ago '16        #11
Negusis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 32597 32 K  Slaps total: 3843 3 K
Got bullied into a dumb idea.

If you are a relatively average or above average intelligence person, being around a bunch of idiots will drop your intelligence significantly.

2 months ago '21        #12
Fras 
Props total: 3886 3 K  Slaps total: 3674 3 K

2 months ago '15        #13
The South 
Props total: 30216 30 K  Slaps total: 3930 3 K
 Fras said

Cuhz that’s that the only type of mask people can buy?

+13   

2 months ago '04        #14
GUCCI C0ND0MS 
Props total: 16357 16 K  Slaps total: 14004 14 K
Masks don't work, all studies rooted in science prove that.

2 months ago '08        #15
stlcardinals19 
Props total: 17354 17 K  Slaps total: 1324 1 K
I don't understand the use of passive language here for him. Mans said, "I wish it hadn't become law." As if this law just somehow materialized outta nowhere.

The bill was signed by you, my man
+15   

2 months ago '20        #16
I Know  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 6891 6 K  Slaps total: 7833 7 K
 GUCCI C0ND0MS said
The argument is “slow the spread” of an endemic common cold virus.

Covid Karens literally are begging for USA to become police state commie land forever.

2 months ago '21        #17
Fras 
 The South said

I wore an N-95 everywhere and still got it in December. Sorry bud, but masks don't work. They're lying to you, and you're being controlled. I will never wear a mask anywhere again. To be honest, I'm kind of pissed off about it.

2 months ago '16        #18
MadMarlo 
Props total: 19075 19 K  Slaps total: 3832 3 K
Lol..

As I said I another thread about Governor deathsantis

This a dumbass white man
+4   

2 months ago '21        #19
Fras 
 GUCCI C0ND0MS said
What pisses me off, is Fauci said this at the beginning ok? He then said it in even more recent emails that were exposed, but people still are claiming they work.

You know what insanity is? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. If masks worked, covid would've went away before.

Do people realize our health organizations are already admitted that covid is endemic??? WTF are we doing?

2 months ago '07        #20
Cambury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 36688 36 K  Slaps total: 16613 16 K
So nobody gonna talk about him saying that children under 12 is a vulnerable group.
+5   

2 months ago '17        #21
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 181046 181 K  Slaps total: 13066 13 K
When party politics Trump science and facts.

+4   

2 months ago '21        #22
Fras 
 Cambury said
So nobody gonna talk about him saying that children under 12 is a vulnerable group.
Nobody looks at the data we currently have available to us. The death rate is astonishingly low, ESPECIALLY for children 12 and under. Its basically non-existent.

Last edited by Fras; 08-04-2021 at 11:12 AM..

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '09        #23
faceoffizhere 
Props total: 14279 14 K  Slaps total: 3742 3 K
 The South said

Lol we know that nobody is getting N95 the only one they said that can actually give protection.

2 months ago '16        #24
Fastrap87  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 8653 8 K  Slaps total: 3747 3 K

+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '06        #25
Storchaveli  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 27386 27 K  Slaps total: 6376 6 K
 GUCCI C0ND0MS said
Wrong. The iron knee in citing “the science” when everything you’ve been preaching (also about vaccines) goes against it.

Fras said
I wore an N-95 everywhere and still got it in December. Sorry bud, but masks don't work. They're lying to you, and you're being controlled. I will never wear a mask anywhere again. To be honest, I'm kind of pissed off about it.

Last edited by Storchaveli; 08-04-2021 at 11:09 AM..
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  17
Video inside BMF: Black Mafia Family - Season 1 | Discussion Thread (Starz)
192 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  11
TARGET GOT DESIGNER CLOTHES NOW AND IS sh*tTING ON WALMART
114 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+28online now  8
Article inside Fewer men attending college is leading toward "mating crisis", says N..
270 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  7
Video inside Sep 26 - 75 year old man convinced by Anti Vaxxers to leave hospital di..
102 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy