Just a reminder: today is how Kanye vs Drake would look

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 months ago '14        #1
1197 page views
63 comments

Bigboi781  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 21748 21 K  Slaps total: 6703 6 K
Just a reminder: today is how Kanye vs Drake would look

For all the Drake stans claiming that Drake would be even close to Kanye in a Versus I laugh, Kanye might smoke Drake even worse lmao
+10   

best
worst
63 comments

2 months ago '04        #2
JoeyAvalanche 
Props total: 754 754  Slaps total: 95 95
FOH Nothing from the Verzuz battle tonight applies to a Drake vs Kanye battle whatsoever.
+29   

2 months ago '14        #3
Bigboi781  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10 OP
 JoeyAvalanche said
FOH Nothing from the Verzuz battle tonight applies to a Drake vs Kanye battle whatsoever.
Yawn, a drake stan in deniah

2 months ago '04        #4
mack387 
Props total: 2441 2 K  Slaps total: 166 166
The Lox took control of the battle and the narrative by making it a Hip Hop battle about live rhyming. If Kanye can make it about this, he gonna win off of passion alone...but to front on Drake’s catalog is just blasphemy.
+4   

2 months ago '13        #5
fredfiness 
Props total: 8453 8 K  Slaps total: 636 636
Kanye has a much better discography, but I think Drake catches the W in the Versuz format.

Too many songs and styles to compete with.

2 months ago '07        #6
bluehefner96  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24213 24 K  Slaps total: 4891 4 K
 fredfiness said
Kanye has a much better discography, but I think Drake catches the W in the Versuz format.

I disagree.

If it was an unlimited amount of songs, maybe.

But 20 songs a piece, Kanye will have an easy win. I've seen both in concert multiple times, Kanye best sh*t is different. And he's a dope a*s performer.....

+4   

2 months ago '14        #7
 fredfiness said

Youíre nuts. In a versus format, youíll realize how much of Drakeís music is just recycle music. Iíll tell you how timeless Kanyeís music is. How many commercials/movie trailers have you heard Kanyeís music vs Drakeís? Case closed. It would be a slaughter
+5   

2 months ago '21        #8
B46610  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 4512 4 K  Slaps total: 3452 3 K
The whole time they would d*ckriding each other so

2 months ago '13        #9
Rodawg93 
Props total: 2243 2 K  Slaps total: 448 448
 Bigboi781 said
Youíre nuts. In a versus format, youíll realize how much of Drakeís music is just recycle music. Iíll tell you how timeless Kanyeís music is. How many commercials/movie trailers have you heard Kanyeís music vs Drakeís? Case closed. It would be a slaughter
n*gga every Kanye song ainít timeless and every Drake song damn sure isnít recycle bin music. I agree Kanye would win overall but itís not gonna be a slaughter for Drake you know heís more strategic than most want to admit

2 months ago '14        #10
 Rodawg93 said
n*gga every Kanye song ainít timeless and every Drake song damn sure isnít recycle bin music. I agree Kanye would win overall but itís not gonna be a slaughter for Drake you know heís more strategic than most want to admit
I know not every Kanye song isnít timeless, but you can easily find 20 timeless Kanye songs. I cannot say the same for Drake at all, WATTBA is recycle bin, Scorpion is recycle bin, most of IYRTITL is recycle bin status, Views recycle bin, etc. thatís not to say the music isnít good for its time but Drake simply doesnít make memorable nor genre defining music for the most part. Very formulaic, catchy and just poppish. Heís consistent but his music definitely doesnít standout at all

2 months ago '13        #11
PBC 
Props total: 10750 10 K  Slaps total: 1446 1 K
 fredfiness said

Kanye would win easy..... Music wise and entertainment wise.....

Imagine Kanye on stage spazzing telling storys talking his sh*t while playing some of his biggest hits... lmao drake wouldn't be able to handle it..

and more styles?

Kanye can start with All Falls Down then switch into Slow Jamz then switch sh*t up to Heartless then bring it back to power then flip that sh*t into blood on the leaves...then bring that sh*t back Gold Digger then ignorant and play Famous
+5   

2 months ago '13        #12
Rodawg93 
Props total: 2243 2 K  Slaps total: 448 448
 Bigboi781 said
I know not every Kanye song isnít timeless, but you can easily find 20 timeless Kanye songs. I cannot say the same for Drake at all, WATTBA is recycle bin, Scorpion is recycle bin, most of IYRTITL is recycle bin status, Views recycle bin, etc. thatís not to say the music isnít good for its time but Drake simply doesnít make memorable nor genre defining music for the most part. Very formulaic, catchy and just poppish. Heís consistent but his music definitely doesnít standout at all

NAHHHHHHHH i canít co sign that. I wonít put it over take care and nothing was the same (which are classics to me) but that Album not only aged well but you can play that any time of the year and itís gonna sound good. Summer nights, fall nights, winter. Also I might be in the minority on this forum with this opinion but I like More Life a Lot. Playlist or not idgaf thereís a lot of dope sh*t on there.
+1   

2 months ago '15        #13
Tobinmont  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 57551 57 K  Slaps total: 3313 3 K
 mack387 said
The Lox took control of the battle and the narrative by making it a Hip Hop battle about live rhyming. If Kanye can make it about this, he gonna win off of passion alone...but to front on Drakeís catalog is just blasphemy.
Nah they made it about HIPHOP.

2 months ago '15        #14
Tobinmont  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 57551 57 K  Slaps total: 3313 3 K
Ye got more in his arsenal.
+1   

2 months ago '16        #15
Vizier  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5659 5 K  Slaps total: 844 844

That fool Kanye is a monster live wtf...

Drake don't do it mane,
I'm telling you
mane...

Last edited by Vizier; 08-04-2021 at 10:04 AM..
+1   

2 months ago '14        #16
 Rodawg93 said
NAHHHHHHHH i can’t co sign that. I won’t put it over take care and nothing was the same (which are classics to me) but that Album not only aged well but you can play that any time of the year and it’s gonna sound good. Summer nights, fall nights, winter. Also I might be in the minority on this forum with this opinion but I like More Life a Lot. Playlist or not idgaf there’s a lot of dope sh*t on there.
You're not getting it, the music can be dope but it just simply isn't timeless music. It isn't music that most would listen to 5 years from now or people would revisit and say Wow, this is some of the greatest music ever. You're really revisiting IYRTITL and saying wow, this is some of the best music ever? Most of the songs aren't memorable or genre defining at all even though it was hot at the time. Honestly the most genre defining thing that Drake did was probably the inclusion of Afrobeats around Views era and So Far Gone, but other than that? Eh, he hasn't done anything revolutionary

Last edited by Bigboi781; 08-04-2021 at 10:19 AM..

2 months ago '14        #17
 PBC said
Kanye would win easy..... Music wise and entertainment wise.....

Imagine Kanye on stage spazzing telling storys talking his sh*t while playing some of his biggest hits... lmao drake wouldn't be able to handle it..

and more styles?

Kanye can start with All Falls Down then switch into Slow Jamz then switch sh*t up to Heartless then bring it back to power then flip that sh*t into blood on the leaves...then bring that sh*t back Gold Digger then ignorant and play Famous
Kanye has way more styles, Idek why dude brought that up lmao.

Black Skinhead- Devil in a New Dress- Street Lights. All extremely different styles of Kanye

2 months ago '14        #18
Kyu  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 206506 206 K  Slaps total: 25122 25 K
 Bigboi781 said
For all the Drake stans claiming that Drake would be even close to Kanye in a Versus I laugh, Kanye might smoke Drake even worse lmao
Neither one would ever do this

Both of them have an unlimited amount of hits, it would be a classic event but neither would get washed.

What’s the point of this thread?
+2   

2 months ago '16        #19
Forza Nocta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 26904 26 K  Slaps total: 5415 5 K
Drake has more hits than anyone else in the history of music and has bigger hits than anyone in hip hop. Thinking he would lose is just plain hatred.

2 months ago '09        #20
abstruse 
Props total: 4292 4 K  Slaps total: 804 804
Kanye got classics and hits,drake only has hits,Kanye will wash drake with only his first three albums
+2   

2 months ago '14        #21
 Forza Nocta said
Drake has more hits than anyone else in the history of music and has bigger hits than anyone in hip hop. Thinking he would lose is just plain hatred.
It isn't pure hatred, Drake is simply not as good as Kanye. That's not even a controversial opinion
+2   

2 months ago '14        #22
 abstruse said
Kanye got classics and hits,drake only has hits,Kanye will wash drake with only his first three albums
Isn’t Versuz about hits that the public watching knows?

Drake is the top digital singles artist in the world, with 163.5 million certified units. Kanye, on the other hand, has less than half that figure with 77 million.

When it comes to the charts, Kanye has had 9 number 1 hits on the Billboard Mainstream R&B/Hip hop chart, while Drake beats him easily with 37.

Not only that, but Drake has spent 386 weeks on the Billboard 200 chart. Kanye, however, has spent 155. Clearly, the figures suggest that Drake has a significant lead.

For the record I believe Kanye has more “classic” albums but I like Drakes albums as well. Drake has hit upon hit upon hits on songs that ain’t even his. Their Verzuz would be hours long because they both have too much content. Y’all always try a conquer and divide.

I like both Kanye & Drake and I don’t have an opinion on who’s better because they both offer something different musically to me. I don’t think either of their egos would cause them to do a Versuz, it’s pointless to them. Why in the world would arguably the two biggest artists in the world in the prime of their careers Do Versuz battle?

+1   

2 months ago '14        #23
 Bigboi781 said
It isn't pure hatred, Drake is simply not as good as Kanye. That's not even a controversial opinion
Not as good to you tho, you donít speak for all the fans in the world who stream both of their music. Yíall be giving Yay too much credit because heís experimental & eclectic. That donít make the music fire, Kanyeís last few albums havenít been good really man. Iím a Kanye fan and his albums havenít been hot since MBDTF, I appreciate the artistry but even as a Kanye fan I canít replay a lot of that emo stuff heís been doing lately.
+1   

2 months ago '20        #24
D0llarB1ll 
Props total: 1418 1 K  Slaps total: 142 142
 JoeyAvalanche said
Facts.. none can do that raw stage dominance sh*t like Kiss do. Lox came up performing at the tunnel and sh*t. Ye for 1 needs a spectacle and stage set and so forth. Iíve seen both perform live multiple times and they both need that huge set and lights and sh*t to get their stuff off.

2 months ago '12        #25
The2ndHorseman 
Props total: 24904 24 K  Slaps total: 1882 1 K
 Bigboi781 said
drake not stupid he would come prepared, not saying he would wash Ye but drake would be surgical with that sh*t
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  11
Kyrie Irving could skip Nets home games because of Ďoppressingí vaccine ma..
152 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+28online now  10
Article inside Fewer men attending college is leading toward "mating crisis", says N..
270 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  5
Video inside Sep 26 - 75 year old man convinced by Anti Vaxxers to leave hospital di..
102 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  4
Video inside Sep 25 - Dog The Bounty Hunter Enters The Chat; Goes To Home Of Brian L..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy