Aug 3 - Update: Woman Dies in Arizona Desert After Hike With Cop Who Has History of Lying

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+19  76
13 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '04        #1
1330 page views
25 comments

jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x43
Props total: 16441 16 K  Slaps total: 1626 1 K
Aug 3 - Update: Woman Dies in Arizona Desert After Hike With Cop Who Has History of Lying

A Massachusetts woman who died after cutting short an Arizona desert hike amid searing temps took her ill-fated trek with an off-duty Phoenix cop, department officials said.

Dario Dizdar, a 14-year department vet, was identified Monday by KNXV as the previously unnamed city employee who was hiking with Angela Tramonte, 31, before her body was found Friday off the Echo Canyon Trail near a home on Camelback Mountain in Phoenix.

Dizdar — who was meeting Tramonte for the first time in person — had communicated with her online for months before the Saugus woman flew out of Boston Thursday to visit him. The pair traded private messages on Instagram discussing her upcoming trip, KNXV reported.

Dizdar reportedly told investigators he was Tramonte’s “boyfriend” and that she got overheated halfway up the trail on the 2,706-foot peak and turned back. The off-duty cop decided to press on and planned to meet his newfound love interest back at a parking lot, but she never made it to the location, Phoenix fire officials said.

No charges have been filed in Tramonte’s death, a Phoenix police spokeswoman told The Post Tuesday.

“Currently the investigation is not a criminal one,” spokeswoman Mercedes Fortune wrote in an email. “The witness is a Phoenix police employee.”

The medical examiner is awaiting toxicology to determine Tramonte’s cause of death, which could take up to 90 days, Fortune said. Temps in Phoenix reportedly reached 104 degrees Friday.

Phoenix police issued a statement late Monday identifying the person who called 911 when he couldn’t find Tramonte at the parking lot as an off-duty officer. Dizdar’s name, however, was not released by the department.

“The witness also told officers, during the hike Ms. Tramonte decided to head back down the trail and asked him to continue to the top to take pictures so that she could share them on social media,” police said in a statement.

Neither Dizdar nor Tramonte had water with them during the hike. Tramonte’s body was found nearly four hours after cops got the off-duty cop’s 911 call, police said.

“The city employee who was with Ms. Tramonte is a witness and is cooperating with investigators,” Phoenix police said. “He has been granted personal time off and has been offered resources to deal with this tragedy.”

Dizdar has lied to police before, according to KNXV. He was among a group of 100-plus Phoenix officers who were named in December as being listed in the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office “Brady list,” which tracks law enforcement officials with alleged integrity concerns, including lying on the job, the station reported.

Dizdar was at a bar in Glendale in 2009 when he was approached by a cop who questioned him about a friend who was allegedly a*saulted outside, according to an internal city of Phoenix report.

Dizdar did not witness the alleged attack, but identified himself as a Phoenix police officer before giving the Glendale cop a false name and date of birth, the report shows.

Dizdar also gave the cop the victim’s wrong number, but notified his supervisor during his next shift that he lied to the Glendale officer, the report shows, adding that the allegation against was sustained.

Tramonte, meanwhile, had been in Arizona for less than 24 hours before she died, friends told CBS Boston.

“We want justice,” Tramonte’s friend, Stacey Gerardi, told the station. “We want answers. We need to keep pushing. That was my sister. We had 25 years of friendship.”

visit this link https://nypost.com/2021/0 .. y-phoenix-cop/
+5   

best
worst
25 comments

2 months ago '06        #2
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 87249 87 K  Slaps total: 13515 13 K
Damn NY Post licked this up huh?

Might wind up getting more traction than I thought…
+8   

2 months ago '16        #3
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x46
Props total: 108131 108 K  Slaps total: 21127 21 K
Genocide

2 months ago '09        #4
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x71
Props total: 237551 237 K  Slaps total: 26622 26 K
 Skateboard T said
Damn NY Post licked this up huh?

Might wind up getting more traction than I thought…

they should slap a hidden gps tracking device on his work and personal vehickes
+1   

2 months ago '13        #5
THEDONN  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 99728 99 K  Slaps total: 41153 41 K
death to all pigs
+3   

2 months ago '15        #6
The South 
Props total: 30159 30 K  Slaps total: 3926 3 K
Story got some legs..

But it’s sad.. not shocked to find out a cop doing something foul to his gf/wife.

Women know what they getting into getting involved with a police. Or should at least.

RIP to the lady.
+10   

2 months ago '07        #7
r.burgundy 
Props total: 26475 26 K  Slaps total: 4617 4 K
hiking in arizona with no water
i just can't have sympathy when mother nature does her job
+7   

2 months ago '16        #8
Fumo 
Props total: 2052 2 K  Slaps total: 203 203
She's from sagus Massachusetts and the white bi*ches up there are annoying af.. they act like new jersey/ nyc Karen's.
I can easily see dude getting annoyed and letting her walk back by her self.

Last edited by Fumo; 08-03-2021 at 08:04 PM..
+7   

2 months ago '16        #9
Itsjustmefools  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 13615 13 K  Slaps total: 9361 9 K
Cop murked her
+1   

2 months ago '15        #10
jharlem0500  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 18081 18 K  Slaps total: 4731 4 K
 foshoVoodoo said
Genocide
Woman flew out to see a yt boy and ended up dead. Had it been you or I in her DMs… well, you know the rest. They’ll learn one day…
+2   

2 months ago '16        #11
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x46
Props total: 108131 108 K  Slaps total: 21127 21 K
 jharlem0500 said
Woman flew out to see a yt boy and ended up dead. Had it been you or I in her DMs… well, you know the rest. They’ll learn one day…
They got a partnership with
+2   

2 months ago '18        #12
DUCEDUCE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 65893 65 K  Slaps total: 5536 5 K
So you go hiking with this girl she can't hang and instead of going back with her you say naw I rather finish the hike what fu*king guy would do that? Watch he k*lled her..
+10   

2 months ago '07        #13
240ka  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 23179 23 K  Slaps total: 6301 6 K
 Itsjustmefools said
Cop murked her
Took her water and left her for dead
+3   

2 months ago '05        #14
A~team 
Props total: 13211 13 K  Slaps total: 2434 2 K
bi*ch aint give up the pu**y and he left her a*s . Easy money
+3   

2 months ago '13        #15
Flossay  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 21247 21 K  Slaps total: 1296 1 K
Was she pregnant
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '21        #16
Fras 
Props total: 3842 3 K  Slaps total: 3646 3 K
I dunno man. This story is fishy as fu*k. They better be investigating his a*s. I’m not buyin the bs on this one
+4   

2 months ago '14        #17
DavidAames  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 28482 28 K  Slaps total: 1233 1 K
Investigators definitely have to peel the layers off this one…
+1   

2 months ago '06        #18
d4deesnuts 
Props total: 10302 10 K  Slaps total: 1073 1 K
Family better hire a private autopsy, these bi*ches will try to cover sh*t up for one of their own.
+4   

2 months ago '18        #19
shooter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 39860 39 K  Slaps total: 3863 3 K
Possibly a case of "sorry, no pu**y, no water".
+1   

2 months ago '04        #20
Tic Toc 
Props total: 11001 11 K  Slaps total: 909 909
 DUCEDUCE said
So you go hiking with this girl she can't hang and instead of going back with her you say naw I rather finish the hike what fu*king guy would do that? Watch he k*lled her..
That's the part that doesn't make sense....If she flew out to see him and they were doing an activity together...why would leave her... being that he lives in PHX and had prolly done the hike before....

Also... what was she supposed to do... sit in the car while it's 100+ degrees outside.....assuming she had the keys to the car on her when she died...
+4   

2 months ago '07        #21
God alone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 33918 33 K  Slaps total: 8269 8 K
Where’s her phone? And neither had water? That’s crazy.. dude is definitely a liar tho.
+3   

2 months ago '04        #22
Lasher 
Props total: 1851 1 K  Slaps total: 277 277
This dude saying he's hiked this trail before and didn't think to bring water for the newbie? In the middle of summer in Arizona??

Nah we ain't heard the full story yet, I'll wait.
+3   

2 months ago '16        #23
menza40 
Props total: 189 189  Slaps total: 61 61
He’s a PHX cop, lives in AZ, but didn’t bring water on a hike in 100 + weather???? Sounds off. The cop did it.
+1   

2 months ago '14        #24
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 150037 150 K  Slaps total: 34657 34 K
and so the plot thickens

r.i.p to her regardless, he looks like a fu*k boy
+1   

2 months ago '11        #25
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 25571 25 K  Slaps total: 3593 3 K
if he wasn't a cop id give him the benefit of the doubt. But he did that sh*t. Guilty as fu*k.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+24online now  57
Article inside Fewer men attending college is leading toward "mating crisis", says N..
187 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  51
Would u drip in these dame dolla adidas NMD_R2
43 comments
20 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+84online now  41
Article inside Ghostface k*llah ‘Supreme Clientele 2’ Album Will be Exec Prod. by K..
130 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+18online now  33
Image(s) inside Black Phone Poster Reveals Ethan Hawke’s Terrifying Villain
43 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy