Why Venom 2 Is Right To Change Carnage's Ridiculous Comics Origin

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '18        #1
1743 page views
39 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x106
Props total: 128889 128 K  Slaps total: 5731 5 K
Why Venom 2 Is Right To Change Carnage's Ridiculous Comics Origin

"A new trailer for Venom 2: Let There Be Carnage has revealed major changes to the origins of the supervillain Carnage, which change the story for the better. Carnage first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #360, where Peter Parker responded to news reports of a monster resembling Venom, but with a red body instead of black. He soon discovered that he was facing a foe far more powerful and dangerous than Venom, composed of a union of a new symbiote and serial k*ller Cletus Kasady.

Cletus Kasady had first appeared over one year earlier in Amazing Spider-Man #344, where he was introduced as Eddie Brock's cellmate in Ryker's Island. A natural sociopath and sadist, Kasady had been convicted of 11 murders (including his own grandmother) over the course of his young life, though he bragged about having committed many more. Kasady planned to k*ll Eddie Brock as well, but Brock was able to escape prison before that happened with the aid of the Venom symbiote. Unfortunately, the symbiote was about to give birth in the manner of its kind and left its offspring behind in the cell, where it bonded with Kasady, creating Carnage, who was more powerful than Spider-Man and Venom put together due to the Carnage symbiote's gestation on an alien world.

The trailer for Venom 2: Let There Be Carnage revealed that the film changes this origin significantly, as the film version of Eddie Brock is not a convicted criminal and thus couldn't share a cell with Cletus Kasady. Instead, Brock visits Kasady in his role as a journalist, to interview him as part of a story on his crimes and his approaching execution. During the interview, Kasady bit Brock and apparently drew blood, though he commented that "I have tasted blood before and that is not it!" This suggests that Kasady ingested part of the Venom symbiote, which somehow grew into a separate being inside of him and developed into Carnage.

While this origin seems equally improbable, it still relies less on coincidence and contrivance than Carnage's origins in the comics. Ignoring the coincidence that the Venom symbiote just happened to give birth as it was helping Eddie Brock escape from prison, it beggars belief that the Symbiote race does not care for its young or have any emotional attachment to its offspring. This was reportedly why the Venom symbiote did not feel the need to tell Eddie Brock that it was pregnant. It is hard to believe that any species could get as far as the Symbiotes have without possessing the drive to protect one's children that is a key instinct for most animals.

It was also improbable, given there were no familial attachments among the Symbiote race, that the Venom symbiote was not concerned about how its children might be made more powerful by having come to maturity on another planet. This factor gave Carnage the unique ability to reshape its body into weapons and alter the memories of other beings, making it a danger to its symbiote parent even ignoring its bond with a lunatic like Cletus Kasady. Given all that, it was a good move for the screenwriters of Venom 2: Let There Be Carnage to find another way for Cletus Kasady to gain a symbiotic connection without Venom just happening to leave its baby in his cell."

visit this link https://screenrant.com/ve .. e-good-reason/
+5   

best
worst
39 comments

2 months ago '16        #2
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 80142 80 K  Slaps total: 10901 10 K
Nah, the OG origin at least made sense. That spilling Brock's blood or somehow ingesting it causes Venom to spawn or whatever is pretty hokey IMO. The OG origin made perfect sense

Plus that it by sheer chance is coincidentally a perfect match for Kasady's chaotic nature.

And finally, the parallel to animals is weak. Why would Venom need to care for its offspring when its offspring was essentially born an adult, already stronger than Venom?

This article was bought and paid for

Last edited by Boogersugar; 08-03-2021 at 12:02 PM..
+19   

2 months ago '09        #3
TriniSoldier 
Props total: 103688 103 K  Slaps total: 23631 23 K
They going back to the oh I got bit well again?
+7   

2 months ago '21        #4
BigGVD 
Props total: 5103 5 K  Slaps total: 854 854
I always thought dude that played Rorschach in Watchmen woulda been a good Carnage because he looked like a real life version of the 90s cartoon one
+15   

2 months ago '17        #5
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 83797 83 K  Slaps total: 24682 24 K
Wish they woulda gotten the first Venom right, or did a reboot. Then I woulda been more excited.

Still think Agent Venom woulda been the way to go. Especially since spiderman can’t be in the movie, or it becomes a spiderman movie
+6   

2 months ago '16        #6
 PackerTrelli3 said
Wish they woulda gotten the first Venom right, or did a reboot. Then I woulda been more excited.

Still think Agent Venom woulda been the way to go. Especially since spiderman can’t be in the movie, or it becomes a spiderman movie
Given that Vulture is in this move I think the Spider-Man characters can cross over from the MCU to Sony's universe and vice versa. So a Spider-Man cameo in this movie isn't out of the question, I don't think, and Marvel may let Sony use Flash down the line for an Agent Venom bit.

But yeah that would be a cool piece of Venom's history to use in maybe the 4th or 5th film if the franchise can last that long
+1   

2 months ago '17        #7
DavidTheMan 
Props total: 22090 22 K  Slaps total: 12211 12 K
Lol, sony pahing posers to cover up their bs.
Venom without the apidey origin makes no fu*king sense.
+2   

2 months ago '09        #8
faceoffizhere 
Props total: 14032 14 K  Slaps total: 3657 3 K
First venom was dope tho this one looks dope as well folks really mad at the origins of carnage like they haven't changed up damn near pieces of every bodies stories from the comics
+3   

2 months ago '16        #9
Barbarianbob 
Props total: 2109 2 K  Slaps total: 190 190
I actually like the change

And I usually hate when they deviate from the original stuff

+3   

2 months ago '14        #10
Bigboi781  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 21565 21 K  Slaps total: 6645 6 K
Agent venom would’ve been heat
+1   

2 months ago '19        #11
ym7171yea  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 14189 14 K  Slaps total: 3094 3 K
 BigGVD said
I always thought dude that played Rorschach in Watchmen woulda been a good Carnage because he looked like a real life version of the 90s cartoon one
That dude could play anything
+4   

2 months ago '04        #12
biscuit 
Props total: 48508 48 K  Slaps total: 4326 4 K
I'm all in on this

2 months ago '05        #13
Double M Set  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 9190 9 K  Slaps total: 1757 1 K
Wolves Eat Their Own Baby And Gives Zero fu*ks About Its Feelings….I Like The Old One Better Because If Brocks Been Bleeding Before Its Probably Gotten On Someone Else’s Skin Or Just Been Alive Making Babies Through Blood Too Many Holes…Symbiote Impregnated As*xually….Left Them In A Cell While Escaping…Nothing To Ponder
+2   

2 months ago '16        #14
 Double M Set said
Wolves Eat Their Own Baby And Gives Zero fu*ks About Its Feelings….I Like The Old One Better Because If Brocks Been Bleeding Before Its Probably Gotten On Someone Else’s Skin Or Just Been Alive Making Babies Through Blood Too Many Holes…Symbiote Impregnated As*xually….Left Them In A Cell While Escaping…Nothing To Ponder
Exactly. So every time this Eddie Brock bleeds there's a chance of a new symbiote? Tf?! How is that better? It's worse and like you said absolutely full of holes!

+3   

2 months ago '20        #15
BlacksAndLatins  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15921 15 K  Slaps total: 9860 9 K
Op and whoever wrote this is a f*g**t

2 months ago '05        #16
Sub Crazy 
Props total: 10124 10 K  Slaps total: 1171 1 K
The fact they’re doing Venom without Spider-Man is a disaster within itself.

You cannot tell Venom’s story without Spider-Man.
+7   

2 months ago '04        #17
GodsFavorite 
Props total: 8841 8 K  Slaps total: 1344 1 K
It’s a silly thing to even debate, carnage’s exact origin is not that integral to the character. If they get Kasady right I’m good
+5   

2 months ago '21        #18
BigGVD 
Props total: 5103 5 K  Slaps total: 854 854
 Sub Crazy said
The fact they’re doing Venom without Spider-Man is a disaster within itself.

You cannot tell Venom’s story without Spider-Man.
Hell nah, that’s the best part about it

They over saturate the storylines with guest features and cameos enough anyways. I’m sure he’ll run into SpiderMan down the line

2 months ago '20        #19
Keep God First 
Props total: 11448 11 K  Slaps total: 10381 10 K
I’m still confused how venom is the good guy in these films?

I don’t follow comics but I could swear he was a villain to Spider-Man
+1   

2 months ago '12        #20
sOurxd i e s e 
Props total: 11364 11 K  Slaps total: 1029 1 K
 Keep God First said
I’m still confused how venom is the good guy in these films?

I don’t follow comics but I could swear he was a villain to Spider-Man
he eventually becomes like an anti hero

guess thats theyre going for ?
+1   

2 months ago '14        #21
Alpallday 
Props total: 5288 5 K  Slaps total: 1005 1 K
 Boogersugar said
Given that Vulture is in this move I think the Spider-Man characters can cross over from the MCU to Sony's universe and vice versa. So a Spider-Man cameo in this movie isn't out of the question, I don't think, and Marvel may let Sony use Flash down the line for an Agent Venom bit.

But yeah that would be a cool piece of Venom's history to use in maybe the 4th or 5th film if the franchise can last that long

They said spiderman is going to be mentioned but not in the movie
+1   

2 months ago '12        #22
cal classick 
Props total: 44590 44 K  Slaps total: 1173 1 K
I’m all in
+1   

2 months ago '19        #23
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 27903 27 K  Slaps total: 3547 3 K
 Bigboi781 said
Agent venom would’ve been heat
Don't think Agent Venom could get the funding for anything live action.

99.9999% of Venom "fans" only know Eddie Brock

2 months ago '14        #24
Bigboi781  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 21565 21 K  Slaps total: 6645 6 K
 zzxxccvvbb said
Don't think Agent Venom could get the funding for anything live action.

99.9999% of Venom "fans" only know Eddie Brock
If they can do a Morbius movie, they can definitely do an agent venom movie lmao. They would just position it a certain way

2 months ago '04        #25
Jumpoff21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 15008 15 K  Slaps total: 770 770
 Bigboi781 said
If they can do a Morbius movie, they can definitely do an agent venom movie lmao. They would just position it a certain way
They could but they would have to use Brock instead of flash because people would freak out that it's not Brock.
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+65online now  14
Denzel as Macbeth, directed by a coen brother. (Featuring a trailer)
120 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  14
Image(s) inside Prophet (XPPX) Cardano Stake Pool
34 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+91online now  9
Damn joy Taylor looks good today on the herd