Aug 3 - Woman dies after hike in sweltering heat with a man she’d just met

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

2 months ago '04        #1
10113 page views
233 comments

jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x43
Props total: 16389 16 K  Slaps total: 1619 1 K
Aug 3 - Woman dies after hike in sweltering heat with a man she’d just met

A hiker who cut short a trek through an Arizona mountain with a man she’d just met was found dead hours later amid sweltering temperatures, according to reports.

The body of the woman, identified in reports as Angela Tramonte, 31, was discovered Friday off the Echo Canyon Trail near a home on the northeast side of Camelback Mountain in Phoenix, the Phoenix Fire Department said.

Rescue teams responded to the 2,706-foot peak after Tramonte “turned around halfway” up the trail and did not return to a parking lot.

A man hiking with Tramonte had called cops about four hours earlier to report that she turned around about halfway into their trip because she was overheated, the Arizona Republic reported.

But the woman wasn’t at the parking lot, where all of her belongings were discovered still inside a car, Phoenix Fire Department Capt. Ron McDade told the newspaper.

Tramonte, who lived in Saugus, Massachusetts, was later found unresponsive and pronounced dead despite attempts to revive her, McDade said.

CBS Boston reported Sunday that Tramonte was visiting Phoenix for the first time after meeting a man on Instagram.

That man – who works as a police officer, according to Tramonte’s friends – wanted to keep going, so the pair split up. Some of the woman’s friends are now questioning the circumstances surrounding her death, according to the report.

“If somebody’s walking up a mountain and you’re seeing her in distress and she’s not feeling well and she’s exhausted – why wouldn’t you walk her back down?” Tramonte’s friend Stacey Gerardi said. “Why would you continue to walk back up? It doesn’t make sense.”

Gerardi said she wanted “justice” in her friend’s unexpected death just one day after she arrived in Arizona.

“Not even 24 hours and she’s dead,” Gerardi said. “We want justice. We want answers. We need to keep pushing. That was my sister. We had 25 years of friendship.”

Foul play is not expected in Tramonte’s death, a spokeswoman for Phoenix police told the Arizona Republic. Her cause of death will be determined by a medical examiner.

Investigators said the woman appeared to not have water with her when she was found and was possibly trying to get help as temps in Phoenix reached 104 degrees Friday, the Boston Globe reported.

“But at that point in time, [she] could have conceivably been in the early stages of heat exhaustion and heatstroke, where you become delirious, and unfortunately, your faculties are not about you,” McDade told the Globe.

The woman’s companion, meanwhile, told authorities he was experienced on the mountain, having hiked it previously “from the top to the bottom” – even during summer months.

“It’s very unforgiving, is the word I like to use,” McDade said of Camelback. “This mountain doesn’t care who you are, or how great of a hiker or an experienced hiker you are. The mountain, in a situation like that, usually wins.”

McDade told KPNX it’s never a good idea to split up while hiking.

“If you start as a group, you should end as a group,” McDade told the station.

An online fundraiser set up in Tramonte’s memory said she went to Arizona after talking to a man online for two months.

“Halfway up the mountain, Angela told this man, who is a police officer and first responder, that she was exhausted and couldn’t continue,” the website reads. “She supposedly walked back down the mountain ALONE to the car while this man continued on by himself. He clearly has no regard for her safety.”

visit this link https://nypost.com/2021/0 .. shed-just-met/

UPDATE: visit this link https://boxden.com/showth .. .php?t=3037674

Last edited by jlandryst; 08-03-2021 at 03:52 PM..
+24   

best
worst
233 comments

2 months ago '18        #2
Rugby Jones  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 37027 37 K  Slaps total: 4978 4 K
Hey what's wrong.......?

Nothing, I'm fine ........
+154   

2 months ago '14        #3
strungout  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 149939 149 K  Slaps total: 34648 34 K
This guy doesn't deserve to be called a first responder

Kind of like with many people who get the war veteran title but never actually saw any combat
+89   

2 months ago '04        #4
Essentials72 
Props total: 1883 1 K  Slaps total: 636 636
Just because he's a first responder doesn't mean he cares about people and if you've met some medical people you'd know they were total pieces of sh*t and it's just a job and dude was not at work. How the fu*k do you not have water?!?!?
+120   

2 months ago '20        #5
Acts 4 Verse 12 
Props total: 19043 19 K  Slaps total: 8957 8 K
Itd be one thing to leave someone behind if your going up Everest where death is more of an a*sumed risk

But what this man did was selfish. He probably didnt want his day and his hike ruined so he kept going

She didnt have much of a chance being from Massachusetts. RIP to her
+72   

2 months ago '15        #6
He Hate Me 
Props total: 43831 43 K  Slaps total: 4022 4 K
Damn, she was….hot

+180   

2 months ago '16        #7
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x46
Props total: 107971 107 K  Slaps total: 21086 21 K
Smh
+3   

2 months ago '09        #8
WasabiTuna 
Props total: 14527 14 K  Slaps total: 1838 1 K
Hiking is stupid.

2 months ago '12        #9
Mavs In 4 
Props total: 8001 8 K  Slaps total: 1717 1 K
Knew the state before I even read the article. You’re not good til basically late September to hike without worry of overheating.
+26   

2 months ago '15        #10
POTUS2045  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5645 5 K  Slaps total: 1016 1 K
Avid hiker here. I always bring a gallon of water no matter the length, elevation, climb, etc. I saw a woman in the Santa Monica’s get air lifted because she collapsed from dehydration. According to her friend, she was limiting her water intake so she didn’t have to pee. What people forget is in temps above 78 degrees, 3mph speed, and 300+ feet climb per mile, you could sweat a liter per mile.

I Made this mistake once 9 years ago. Had a liter of water for a 9 mile hike in spring so it was between 73-80 degrees and about half a mile from the trail’s end, the trail was washed out from a storm and there was a 30+ foot drop off. Turned into a 17 mile hike. Pissed brown and gold for 2 days, and eventually went to the ER. Got an IV and was pumped up with
100 ounces of fluid and was good to go.

Last edited by POTUS2045; 08-04-2021 at 05:40 AM..
+114   

2 months ago '15        #11
Fantastic 
Props total: 15484 15 K  Slaps total: 5890 5 K
 He Hate Me said
Damn, she was….hot

sh*t maybe she wasnt what he expected so he was glad she went back down solo. Cold world.
+15   

2 months ago '16        #12
Boogersugar  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 80162 80 K  Slaps total: 10903 10 K
Unfortunate story and dude is an a**hole but I don't think he's liable. sh*tty thing to do and hopefully he feels terrible but nothing criminal there.

Did she have water even on her way back down? If he sent her back without any water even that's wild af. And he knew it was serious enough to call for emergency services but didn't go with her?

Dude is an a**hole forreal hiking is not even fun

+32   

2 months ago '13        #13
mkhrt92 
Props total: 44903 44 K  Slaps total: 8410 8 K
Dude was a cop and he split up with her on a hike on a mountain she never experienced before? and this dude, they give a gun to and say patrol our streets.

fu*k are we doing america?
+76   

2 months ago '16        #14
KingSauce 
Props total: 2246 2 K  Slaps total: 435 435
Of all the things you could’ve done with the bi*ch, you decide you wanna hike duuring sweltering temperatures?

Dem people trippin again
+61   

2 months ago '06        #15
bigkilla  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 34454 34 K  Slaps total: 4837 4 K
 POTUS2045 said
Avid hiker here. I always bring a gallon of water no matter the length, elevation, climb, etc. I saw a woman in the Santa Monica’s get air lifted because she collapsed from dehydration. According to her friend, she was limiting her water intake so she didn’t have to pee. What people forget is in temps above 78 degrees, 3ph speed, and 300+ feet climb per mile, you could sweat a liter per mile.

I Made this mistake once 9 years ago. Had a liter of water for a 9 mile hike in spring so it was between 73-80 degrees and about half a mile from the trail’s end, the trail was washed out from a storm and there was a 30+ foot drop off. Turned into a 17 mile hike. Pissed brown and gold for 2 days, and eventually went to the ER. Got an IV and was pumped up with
100 ounces of fluid and was good to go.
Why was your p*ss brown and gold?
+2   

2 months ago '04        #16
Duntaz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 47215 47 K  Slaps total: 2956 2 K
 mkhrt92 said
Dude was a cop and he split up with her on a hike on a mountain she never experienced before? and this dude, they give a gun to and say patrol our streets.

America's Finest Even if I wasn't law enforcement I would've walked back down with shawty.
+15   

2 months ago '15        #17
Prad Bitt 
Props total: 15927 15 K  Slaps total: 1358 1 K
Someone gets rescued or found weekly on Arizona trails, people really underestimate what happens in the heat
+18   

2 months ago '04        #18
nicoled985 
Props total: 10311 10 K  Slaps total: 917 917
 strungout said
This guy doesn't deserve to be called a first responder

Kind of like with many people who get the war veteran title but never actually saw any combat
Dude is a straight moron and if he’s the one they quoted in the article, he should be checked out for that bullsh*t. Absolute piece of sh*t
+13   

2 months ago '19        #19
OaklandSmokin 
Props total: 4181 4 K  Slaps total: 228 228
I feel bad for the woman who died but I feel like most people just dont have any common sense.

Dont go hiking in the mountains in 104 degree heat

And secondly, why would a woman meet up and go on a date with a stranger , who she met online, in the fu*king mountains??

EDIT- How do you slap this post unless you are the cop that was with her??

Last edited by OaklandSmokin; 08-03-2021 at 10:25 AM..
+48   

2 months ago '19        #20
citchmook  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 3325 3 K  Slaps total: 344 344
First rule of hiking in a group is NEVER leave someone alone that is in distress. Anyone that hikes knows this.

Possible that the dude is just a d*ckhead? Sure but highly unlikely.
+35   

2 months ago '13        #21
mkhrt92 
Props total: 44903 44 K  Slaps total: 8410 8 K
 Duntaz said
America's Finest Even if I wasn't law enforcement I would've walked back down with shawty.
Right...even if she was annoying or whatever the fu*k...dump her a*s when yall get to the bottom. Dude should be arrested.
+4   

2 months ago '14        #22
OCT DION 
Props total: 30126 30 K  Slaps total: 2966 2 K
 WasabiTuna said
Hiking is stupid.
I went hiking up a fu*king mountain with my girl last year in West Texas. She wanted to go on that mf so bad. It was the smallest mountain in the area and the sign said it'd take close to an hour to finish the hike. We walked for an hour only to find out that the sign was actually saying that it's gonna take an hour to get to the place where we can start hiking. We climbed that whole mf to the top of that damn mountain. It was a terrible experience. The worst sh*t I've ever done and I made sure to let her a*s know that it was stupid as fu*k too. Aint never hiked before in her life but thought that sh*t would be a good time.
+38   

2 months ago '15        #23
Deuce2416 
Props total: 19649 19 K  Slaps total: 1929 1 K
 OaklandSmokin said
I feel bad for the woman who dies but I feel like most people just dont have any common sense.

Dont go hiking in the mountains in 104 degree heat

And secondly, why would a woman meet up and go on a date with a stranger , who she met online, in the fu*king mountains??
Fam I dont even be wanting to walk to my car in that kinda heat, let alone a damn mountain.
+33   

2 months ago '10        #24
StoopidVillinz 
Props total: 18922 18 K  Slaps total: 1612 1 K
 mkhrt92 said

Dude was a cop and couldn’t a*sess the danger in this situation
+15   

2 months ago '14        #25
Bigboi781  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 21606 21 K  Slaps total: 6656 6 K
 WasabiTuna said
Hiking is stupid.
Huh
+8   

Sign me up

yesterday...