Japanese American Activists Demand Reparations For Black Americans

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

2 months ago '18        #1
1137 page views
37 comments

Kodack sixnine  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x57
Props total: 62486 62 K  Slaps total: 14208 14 K
Japanese American Activists Demand Reparations For Black Americans

visit this link https://laist.com/news/ja .. mericans-hr-40

On this recent evening, Los Angeles was one of multiple cities where Japanese Americans were meeting to work on the redress campaign for Black Americans. The goal was the same here as it was in San Jose, Oakland, Portland, St. Paul, Chicago and Brooklyn: mail hundreds of letters in support of reparations legislation to top House leaders before Congress enters its August recess.

For these volunteers, supporting Black reparations is a moral imperative both as humans and as descendants of people who won redress from the U.S. government for false imprisonment during World War II.

It pains kato-kiriyama to think of how her parents and grandparents were among 120,000 people who were forced into camps after Japan’s attack on Pearl Harbor because of their Japanese ancestry. But she said it’s even more overwhelming to think of how Black Americans have lived through centuries of injury and injustice.

“I can't even imagine having to reckon with understanding my family history to know that generation after generation after generation faced slavery and Jim Crow and systems of oppression,” kato-kiriyama said.

Still not enough, and Japanese Americans outside of Hawaii actually make up a very small percentage of “Asian Americans”, but at least it’s a start
+21   

best
worst
37 comments

2 months ago '20        #2
Tweezy12  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 38470 38 K  Slaps total: 12995 12 K
Never going to happen

2 months ago '18        #3
Kodack sixnine  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x57 OP
 Tweezy12 said
Never going to happen
What makes you say that?

2 months ago '20        #4
And Then antien 
Props total: 82 82  Slaps total: 20 20
Genuinely surprised, but this is a great endorsement. Because, Japanese americans have successfully gotten reparations before. I would reach out to these activists and ask them what worked for them. It's possible to get reparations right now. I suggest watching this, from the second half:

The title of the video is lampshading, the guest goes in on how to make reparations happen. Forreal, I've never seen anyone beat any dumb question that people use to stop reparations before watching it.
+6   

2 months ago '18        #5
 And Then antien said
Genuinely surprised, but this is a great endorsement. Because, Japanese americans have successfully gotten reparations before. I would reach out to these activists and ask them what worked for them. It's possible to get reparations right now. I suggest watching this, from the second half:

The title of the video is lampshading, the guest goes in on how to make reparations happen. Forreal, I've never seen anyone beat any dumb question that people use to stop reparations before watching it.
Also helps that there weren’t that many Japanese to give reparations to and half were dead by the 80s
+6   

2 months ago '07        #6
stogz 
Props total: 107702 107 K  Slaps total: 13991 13 K
saw another black japanese athlete

2 months ago '20        #7
And Then antien 
 Kodack sixnine said
Also helps that there weren’t that many Japanese to give reparations to and half were dead by the 80s
This country has given reparations to people who weren't American at all, too. They've given reparations even when they didn't do anything. There's literally no reason not to give us reparations except we think we're worthless.

2 months ago '20        #8
confidential1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 56857 56 K  Slaps total: 3090 3 K
Will peep

2 months ago '18        #9
 And Then antien said
This country has given reparations to people who weren't American at all, too. They've given reparations even when they didn't do anything. There's literally no reason not to give us reparations except we think we're worthless.
I mean, they pretty much say as much without spitting in your face and shouting it at you. Even the way they talk about black Olympic athletes here vs white ones

2 months ago '16        #10
Funke  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 15654 15 K  Slaps total: 2604 2 K
I will hold my comment back until i see progress.
+2   

2 months ago '16        #11
Head Coach 
Props total: 10047 10 K  Slaps total: 942 942
Nippon has always been my favorite asain country, would love to visit one day

Japanese are probably the most thoughtful people on earth
+2   

2 months ago '17        #12
Mamluke13 
Props total: 2002 2 K  Slaps total: 481 481

+1   

2 months ago '16        #13
Proveone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 76442 76 K  Slaps total: 4886 4 K
 And Then antien said

+1   

2 months ago '18        #14
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 43485 43 K  Slaps total: 3741 3 K
Definitely going to happen. What better way to divide the country further and devalue the dollar? Add in a vax required mandate to it and you got 3 birds, one stone. Weird ppl will be up in arms... while they got them... 4 birds, 5 even...
+1   

2 months ago '11        #15
tfc1193 
Props total: 5832 5 K  Slaps total: 1362 1 K
 Kodack sixnine said
What makes you say that?
1. Cuz they don't give a fu*k about us

2. It would be next to impossible to figure out who gets the money

2 months ago '21        #16
TheIronyIsThat 
Props total: 4861 4 K  Slaps total: 648 648
 Tweezy12 said
Never going to happen
I think it will but then again, America government still catergorizes people by SKIN COLOR still so....

2 months ago '18        #17
 tfc1193 said
1. Cuz they don't give a fu*k about us

2. It would be next to impossible to figure out who gets the money
True

2 months ago '20        #18
 Kodack sixnine said
What makes you say that?
First off, who gets the money?
If you say anyone directly effected by slavery due to their ancestors being enslaved, most Americans of every race has ancestors on both sides of the slave owner/slave spectrum.

So how do you classify it?

Secondly whoever signs off on it is committing political suicide.....could you imagine ever black person getting just say 100k check? Think about the 100 million white people under the poverty line that's going to see the government hand bla k people 100k....can you imagine the resentment? You day fu*k it? Yea me to....however 85 percent of white people would lose their damn minds and definitely vote against whoever or whatever party signs off on it forever more....if Democrats did this they would alienate their voting base and never win again.....

Politically it makes no sense to give a minority something that will turn your majority over to the other party.....

It just doesn't make sense for people in power...

It's fair....it's just....it Should happen....but there is absolutely no way....this happens

2 months ago '20        #19
 BrooklynDamien said
Definitely going to happen. What better way to divide the country further and devalue the dollar? Add in a vax required mandate to it and you got 3 birds, one stone. Weird ppl will be up in arms... while they got them... 4 birds, 5 even...
Who gets the money.
I have a cousin that's 60 percent African American, yet has blonde hair blue eyes

She get a check?

2 months ago '18        #20
 Tweezy12 said
Who gets the money.
I have a cousin that's 60 percent African American, yet has blonde hair blue eyes

She get a check?
Because she has a blonde weave and blue contacts?

2 months ago '20        #21
 Kodack sixnine said
Because she has a blonde weave and blue contacts?
Not at all

2 months ago '18        #22
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 43485 43 K  Slaps total: 3741 3 K
 Tweezy12 said
Who gets the money.

She get a check?
Why not? They are literally giving out money to everybody. Loans for houses, gig workers, fees so low for corporate loans that they are being paid to take the loans out.

That's why company p/e ratios are out of wack. The companies are borrowing money to buy their own stocks back to look more profitable...

You could get a house with as little as nothing in your pocket lol Would you like a farm? Some money to build on that farm land? No problem. Free money. The dollar is done.

We'll get it right before it ticks to zero though, I'm sure. And weirdos will be screaming, who should get the check then too. And that's my taxes going in their pocket and a dollar will be a dime.
+2   

2 months ago '18        #23
 BrooklynDamien said
Why not? They are literally giving out money to everybody. Loans for houses, gig workers, fees so low for corporate loans that they are being paid to take the loans out.

That's why company p/e ratios are out of wack. The companies are borrowing money to buy their own stocks back to look more profitable...

You could get a house with as little as nothing in your pocket lol Would you like a farm? Some money to build on that farm land? No problem. Free money. The dollar is done.

We'll get it right before it ticks to zero though, I'm sure. And weirdos will be screaming, who should get the check then too. And that's my taxes going in their pocket and a dollar will be a dime.
Issue is most people hate us and think we are losers

2 months ago '20        #24
And Then antien 
 Kodack sixnine said
I mean, they pretty much say as much without spitting in your face and shouting it at you. Even the way they talk about black Olympic athletes here vs white ones
So do you let that decide who you are? Think of it like a court case, they're guilty. Of course they'll try to argue that the plaintiff is shady; maybe it will make the plaintiff back down and stop it from going to trial.
+2   

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '13        #25
YSPromoshunz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x37
Props total: 28759 28 K  Slaps total: 17534 17 K
 Kodack sixnine said
Issue is most people hate us and think we are losers
We hate them too and we think they're losers. White people had a 400 year head start on black people in this country and now there's millions of black people wealthier and have more money, power, and resources than millions of white people. Mind you they had a 400 year head start.

White people that's wealthy in this country got wealthy from wrongfully being passed down generational wealth that was stolen and unearned. That wealth belongs to black people. That wealth came from the free(unpaid for) labor of black people in slavery for 400 years. Instead of that wealth being passed down to white people for 4 generations. It was supposed to be passed down to black people for 4 generations.

So if you look at it from a reality POV white people are the real losers because the wealth they got was stolen and unearned. That's really black people's wealth. That wealth was created from black people's labor. So that makes black people supreme and superior. That makes black people the winners. If black people would've never came over and built this country from the wealth to the infrastructure to all the inventions that black people created. Then there would be no America for nobody to come to.

Black people are already doing good and better than alot of white, asian, and mexican people. And that's without black people getting the reparations they're owed. That's just from black people being freed from 400 years of slavery with nothing. So if black people are already doing better than a lot of groups without reparations then imagine if black people got the $80 trillion dollars in reparations they're owed.

Imagine every black person that's ados/fba getting $80 trillion dollars in cash payments and closing the racial wealth gap between black and white people in this country. Black people would be on top and in power instantly. From black owned businesses, farms, land, gas stations, grocery stores, hospitals, politics, entertainment, music, programming, television, coding, real estate, food, schools, education, distribution, manufacturing, etc...

Black people would take over America overnight. The shootings and k*llings would cease overnight. No more beef over money, drugs, gangs, or territory. No more injustice for black people. No more black people being arrested. No black on black crime. No white on black crime. No black on white crime. No more black crime at all. Black people will now have wealth to buy whatever they want and do whatever they want. No more money problems at all ever again in life.

People know this and they're scared of that and that's why everybody panic and catch a heart attack whenever anybody bring up ados/fba black people getting reparations. Their first thought is to try to discourage it and talk down and negative on it. Because they don't want to speak black people getting reparations into existence.

That's why they start speaking negative instead of positive about it. They start talking about who would be mad if black people got reparations and who would be against it. Then they start trying to speak their negative thoughts into existence by saying sh*t like:
"It's never gonna happen"
"It would never happen"
"They'll never do it"
"They're never gonna give black people reparations especially cash payments"
"It would cause inflation and the value of the dollar would become worthless"
"It would be political suicide for the party that ever decides to give black people reparations"
"We wouldn't know who gets it and who qualifies and who don't"
"What if my cousin is half ados and half white?"
"What if my girlfriend is dark skin with pink eyes and blonde hair and she's adopted and she don't know if her roots trace back to a plantation or if she's a immigrant. How do we determine situations like that?".

These are people who want to discourage black people from even thinking getting reparations is even possible. These are people that would blow their own heads off the moment they heard the news that black people are gonna get reparations. $80 trillion dollars divided by the number of eligible ados/fba black people in America. The money distributed via direct deposit. Black people would be free to spend the money however they want and do whatever they want to with the money.

Alot of people would instantly commit suicide because they want black people to be at the bottom and they don't ever want the racial wealth gap to close. They would rather k*ll their selves than see black people get what they're owed and deserve. It would burn their souls to see black people balling out with unlimited wealth, owning multiple mansions in black wealthy gated communities, owning multiple 2025 cars, wearing new jewelry from black owned jewelers, running multiple black owned successful businesses, accumulating enough black generational wealth to pass down for next 10 generations. People would rather die than see all ados/fba black people doing those things and living luxury like that.

Last edited by YSPromoshunz; 08-04-2021 at 07:16 AM..
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  15
Image(s) inside Prophet (XPPX) Cardano Stake Pool
34 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+65online now  13
Denzel as Macbeth, directed by a coen brother. (Featuring a trailer)
120 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+91online now  9
Damn joy Taylor looks good today on the herd
155 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-45online now  6
Will Smith Had The Worst Comeback Of All Time