online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Alfonso Ribeiro Does Not Feel Accepted By The Community

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

3 years ago '17        #1
6262 page views
182 comments

lucifershammer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 83732 83 K  Slaps total: 7921 7 K
icon Alfonso Ribeiro Does Not Feel Accepted By The Community

While Ribeiro has always expressed gratitude for the show’s success, the 49-year-old has also been vocal about how being typecast as a character like Carlton has made him feel ostracized from the Black community at large.

“It still happens almost every day, unfortunately,” Ribeiro told the Atlanta Black Star about having his Blackness challenged. “I am in a mixed relationship. And I get things and looks and comments constantly. And I find it very interesting because you see a lot of things on social media where people say things and people have positions and perspectives. And it’s not easy to make that choice, because you’re not at home in any home. I’m never going to be white and I’m never going to be fully supported in the Black house.”

Ribeiro married writer Angela Unkrich — who is white — in 2012, which he said has contributed to his feeling like the Black community doesn’t accept him.

“I’m in my own little world with support from almost no one, to be in love with someone I’ve fallen in love with. How does that make sense? It doesn’t,” he said. “We all want to live in a world where everyone is accepted for being and loving and living the way they choose to live. I will support any person that wants to live in a world that they want to live in.”

“I live in a mixed world. I love in a mixed world. I live in a Black world, and I love in that world. I feel everyone should be supported,” he continued.

He implied that these perceptions have led to the BET Awards neglecting to invite him, despite being so well known for The Fresh Prince as well as serving as the current host of ABC’s America’s Funniest Home Videos.

“I laugh at the fact that I am a mainstream television host, been in the game forever and I could purchase tickets to go to the BET Awards. So it is what it is. I’m not going to purchase the ticket…But at the end of the day, if that’s the view they take, then that’s the view they take. I can’t change their mind. All I can do is live my life and be me and be the best version of me. And continue to love everybody equally, and let it fall where it falls.”

https://thegrio.com/2021/ .. ss-challenged/

black male celebrity get with a non black woman he has polarized many black women who not only head most black households but r also gate keepers for many functions. i think Ribeiro is fortunate to have mainstream appeal. he should count his blessings and money but i get the need for acceptance
+29   

icon
best
icon
worst
182 comments

3 years ago '11        #2
Smuggz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 28908 28 K  Slaps total: 1624 1 K
He went googoo for Trump and danced to Tom Jones just a little too easily
emoji

Jesus, y'all really took some kind of offense to that and forgot jokes exist
emoji

Last edited by Smuggz; 08-03-2021 at 06:11 AM..

3 years ago '07        #3
authentics 
Props total: 5385 5 K  Slaps total: 594 594
Some ppl care to much what others think..... Get over it and just live your life if you happy with yourself nothing else matters
+66   

3 years ago '05        #4
Flatbush85  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 21144 21 K  Slaps total: 1793 1 K
@3:58

🔗

Just do you Carlton.

+15   

3 years ago '12        #5
daman729 
Props total: 159064 159 K  Slaps total: 6328 6 K
They put this story on FB. This chic made this comment and it got the most likes. Its even a verified account. They say shes one of his family members. They even look alike when you actually look through her FB photos lol. Im thinking shes his cousin. Maybe Im wrong. If so, fu#k it.

I dont think he tellin the whole story. He do seem uppity/boujee as fu#k though. Even when you look at some of his interviews. 2 sides to every story.
+43   

3 years ago '04        #6
abstractq 
Props total: 32729 32 K  Slaps total: 5652 5 K
i mean. . .

🔗

+10   

3 years ago '17        #7
Speedy ClapSon 
Props total: 36931 36 K  Slaps total: 11283 11 K
Sammy Sosa a$s n1gga

3 years ago '05        #8
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x23
Props total: 185655 185 K  Slaps total: 50328 50 K
 daman729 said 🔗
They put this story on FB. This chic made this comment and it got the most likes. Its even a verified account. They say shes one of his family members. They even look alike when you actually look through her FB photos lol. Im thinking shes his cousin. Maybe Im wrong. If so, fu#k it.

I dont think he tellin the whole story. He do seem uppity/boujee as fu#k though. Even when you look at some of his interviews. 2 sides to every story.
Maybe he don’t like her ass. Everybody got that one cousin they can’t stand. She making it seem like it was only cause she black
emoji
+48   

3 years ago '07        #9
Cambury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 45814 45 K  Slaps total: 19375 19 K
 Flatbush85 said 🔗
@3:58

↪🔗

Just do you Carlton.

He was going to say "there are no African American communities" and he was 100% right.
+4   

3 years ago '12        #10
daman729 
 Tha Boss said 🔗
Maybe he don’t like her ass. Everybody got that one cousin they can’t stand. She making it seem like it was only cause she black
emoji
Maybe so, maybe not. Sheeeeit I dont know either one of em personally. Just postin what I saw.
+4   

3 years ago '16        #11
Hoggystyle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 103545 103 K  Slaps total: 12008 12 K
It's not unusual to be loved by anyone
It's not unusual to have fun with anyone
But when I see you hanging about with anyone
It's not unusual to see me cry
I wanna die

emoji
+50   

3 years ago '21        #12
King Am I  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 23915 23 K  Slaps total: 10258 10 K
 Speedy ClapSon said 🔗
Sammy Sosa a$s n1gga

+14   

3 years ago '07        #13
OVERLORD 
Props total: 41208 41 K  Slaps total: 11034 11 K
sell out

3 years ago '15        #14
TalibanDread 
Props total: 66571 66 K  Slaps total: 6359 6 K
I'm slapping all Alfonso slander. I met him in Orlando and he was very down to earth and dancing with strangers.
+39   

3 years ago '07        #15
Jeet Kune Do 
Props total: 12523 12 K  Slaps total: 1231 1 K
Thats Carlton Banks. Fk yall haters
+31   

3 years ago '18        #16
Rugby Jones  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 72785 72 K  Slaps total: 11658 11 K
I blame aunt viv

3 years ago '20        #17
Bateman 
Props total: 23988 23 K  Slaps total: 2622 2 K
 daman729 said 🔗

300 likes on a Facebook post?!

This gotta be true!
+37   

3 years ago '20        #18
Bateman 
Props total: 23988 23 K  Slaps total: 2622 2 K
 abstractq said 🔗
i mean. . .

↪🔗
The fact that ppl co-sign this foolishness from this con artist
emoji

Lets ignore falling in love and marrying someone that you genuinely care for that has looked out for you throughout your relationship despite their race.

All of a sudden they have to be black or else you’re disrespecting your ancestors

Human beings are idiots and the ones that follow idiots like Umar are even bigger idiots

Last edited by Bateman; 08-02-2021 at 08:55 PM..
+24   

3 years ago '17        #19
Obadiah1Verse18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x32
Props total: 79956 79 K  Slaps total: 33189 33 K
He’s a victim of his Carlton Banks character.
+27   

3 years ago '21        #20
FleshAxe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 9336 9 K  Slaps total: 9445 9 K
Mr. Jada Pinkett got him paid he should be grapeful

3 years ago '04        #21
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 59211 59 K  Slaps total: 8513 8 K
I do remember him denying his dominican roots.... but that's it.
+5   

3 years ago '04        #22
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 59211 59 K  Slaps total: 8513 8 K
 B46610 said 🔗
Mr. Jada Pinkett got him paid he should be grapeful
He been had money before Will......... dude came up on a hot TV show called "Silver Spoons" and had been doing commercials with Michael Jackson... amongst other things....
+11   

3 years ago '12        #23
daman729 
 anynameado said 🔗
Why they spell their names different?
Dont know. Thats why Im saying I could be wrong. Or maybe theres another why. They do look alike though. She looks like a lighter or mixed version of him in the face. See random sh1t on the internet everyday lol. Just posting what I saw.
+2   

3 years ago '11        #24
Smuggz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 28908 28 K  Slaps total: 1624 1 K
 anynameado said 🔗
Me slapping this post actually has nothing to do with the post. I slapped because I seen you been slapped 999 times I just wanted to be that 1k
emoji
Life's little, meaningless pleasures
emoji
+10   

3 years ago '04        #25
abstractq 
Props total: 32729 32 K  Slaps total: 5652 5 K
 Bateman said 🔗
The fact that ppl co-sign this foolishness from this con artist
emoji

Lets ignore falling in love and marrying someone that you genuinely care for that has looked out for you throughout your relationship despite their race.

All of a sudden they have to be black or else you’re disrespecting your ancestors

Human beings are idiots and the ones that follow idiots like Umar are even bigger idiots
I think its funny that you fall back on this narrative of pure love tr@nscending skin color or whatever

yes its possible to genuinely love someone outside of your own race. . .and there are some white people out there that are legitimate allies

but lets not act like theres not a lot of fetishization behind these marriages

now me personally, i dont really care who you choose to marry, in that it doesnt affect my life who alfonzo decide to lay with. . .just dont be too surprised when black people not trying to hear all that black community sh1t from him with his white wife

and if you dont like umar as a messenger, i get it. . .

🔗

+6   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+4113
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+3310
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
287 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+526
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman and slim pull up to a drake j cole concert
22 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop