Alfonso Ribeiro Does Not Feel Accepted By The Community

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '17        #1
5552 page views
182 comments

lucifershammer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 66292 66 K  Slaps total: 6583 6 K
Alfonso Ribeiro Does Not Feel Accepted By The Community

While Ribeiro has always expressed gratitude for the show’s success, the 49-year-old has also been vocal about how being typecast as a character like Carlton has made him feel ostracized from the Black community at large.

“It still happens almost every day, unfortunately,” Ribeiro told the Atlanta Black Star about having his Blackness challenged. “I am in a mixed relationship. And I get things and looks and comments constantly. And I find it very interesting because you see a lot of things on social media where people say things and people have positions and perspectives. And it’s not easy to make that choice, because you’re not at home in any home. I’m never going to be white and I’m never going to be fully supported in the Black house.”

Ribeiro married writer Angela Unkrich — who is white — in 2012, which he said has contributed to his feeling like the Black community doesn’t accept him.

“I’m in my own little world with support from almost no one, to be in love with someone I’ve fallen in love with. How does that make sense? It doesn’t,” he said. “We all want to live in a world where everyone is accepted for being and loving and living the way they choose to live. I will support any person that wants to live in a world that they want to live in.”

“I live in a mixed world. I love in a mixed world. I live in a Black world, and I love in that world. I feel everyone should be supported,” he continued.

He implied that these perceptions have led to the BET Awards neglecting to invite him, despite being so well known for The Fresh Prince as well as serving as the current host of ABC’s America’s Funniest Home Videos.

“I laugh at the fact that I am a mainstream television host, been in the game forever and I could purchase tickets to go to the BET Awards. So it is what it is. I’m not going to purchase the ticket…But at the end of the day, if that’s the view they take, then that’s the view they take. I can’t change their mind. All I can do is live my life and be me and be the best version of me. And continue to love everybody equally, and let it fall where it falls.”

visit this link https://thegrio.com/2021/ .. ss-challenged/

black male celebrity get with a non black woman he has polarized many black women who not only head most black households but r also gate keepers for many functions. i think Ribeiro is fortunate to have mainstream appeal. he should count his blessings and money but i get the need for acceptance
+29   

best
worst
182 comments

2 months ago '14        #2
The Logical One  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x45
Props total: 175097 175 K  Slaps total: 43572 43 K
It’s 2021. We don’t have fu*king time for this.
+137   

2 months ago '11        #3
Smuggz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 19260 19 K  Slaps total: 1104 1 K
He went googoo for Trump and danced to Tom Jones just a little too easily

Jesus, y'all really took some kind of offense to that and forgot jokes exist

Last edited by Smuggz; 08-03-2021 at 06:11 AM..

2 months ago '07        #4
authentics 
Props total: 4631 4 K  Slaps total: 531 531
Some ppl care to much what others think..... Get over it and just live your life if you happy with yourself nothing else matters
+66   

2 months ago '05        #5
Flatbush85  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15775 15 K  Slaps total: 1501 1 K
@3:58

Just do you Carlton.

+15   

2 months ago '12        #6
daman729 
Props total: 71234 71 K  Slaps total: 2960 2 K
They put this story on FB. This chic made this comment and it got the most likes. Its even a verified account. They say shes one of his family members. They even look alike when you actually look through her FB photos lol. Im thinking shes his cousin. Maybe Im wrong. If so, fu*k it.

I dont think he tellin the whole story. He do seem uppity/boujee as fu*k though. Even when you look at some of his interviews. 2 sides to every story.
+43   

2 months ago '04        #7
abstractq 
Props total: 26577 26 K  Slaps total: 4699 4 K
i mean. . .

+10   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '17        #8
Speedy ClapSon 
Props total: 19457 19 K  Slaps total: 6272 6 K
Sammy Sosa a*s n*gga

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '05        #9
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 107018 107 K  Slaps total: 38374 38 K
 daman729 said
They put this story on FB. This chic made this comment and it got the most likes. Its even a verified account. They say shes one of his family members. They even look alike when you actually look through her FB photos lol. Im thinking shes his cousin. Maybe Im wrong. If so, fu*k it.

I dont think he tellin the whole story. He do seem uppity/boujee as fu*k though. Even when you look at some of his interviews. 2 sides to every story.
Maybe he don’t like her a*s. Everybody got that one cousin they can’t stand. She making it seem like it was only cause she black
+48   

2 months ago '07        #10
Cambury  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 36583 36 K  Slaps total: 16561 16 K
 Flatbush85 said
@3:58

Just do you Carlton.

He was going to say "there are no African American communities" and he was 100% right.
+5   

2 months ago '12        #11
daman729 
Props total: 71234 71 K  Slaps total: 2960 2 K
 Tha Boss said
Maybe he don’t like her a*s. Everybody got that one cousin they can’t stand. She making it seem like it was only cause she black
Maybe so, maybe not. Sheeeeit I dont know either one of em personally. Just postin what I saw.
+4   

2 months ago '16        #12
Hoggystyle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 80478 80 K  Slaps total: 8827 8 K
It's not unusual to be loved by anyone
It's not unusual to have fun with anyone
But when I see you hanging about with anyone
It's not unusual to see me cry
I wanna die

+50   

2 months ago '21        #13
King Am I 
Props total: 3231 3 K  Slaps total: 1335 1 K
 Speedy ClapSon said
Sammy Sosa a*s n*gga

+14   

2 months ago '07        #14
OVERLORD 
Props total: 22076 22 K  Slaps total: 6899 6 K
sell out

2 months ago '15        #15
TalibanDread 
Props total: 45887 45 K  Slaps total: 4779 4 K
I'm slapping all Alfonso slander. I met him in Orlando and he was very down to earth and dancing with strangers.
+39   

2 months ago '07        #16
Jeet Kune Do 
Props total: 10629 10 K  Slaps total: 979 979
Thats Carlton Banks. Fk yall haters
+31   

2 months ago '18        #17
Rugby Jones  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 37027 37 K  Slaps total: 4978 4 K
I blame aunt viv

2 months ago '20        #18
Bateman 
Props total: 17443 17 K  Slaps total: 1531 1 K
 daman729 said

300 likes on a Facebook post?!

This gotta be true!
+37   

2 months ago '20        #19
Bateman 
Props total: 17443 17 K  Slaps total: 1531 1 K
 abstractq said
i mean. . .

The fact that ppl co-sign this foolishness from this con artist

Lets ignore falling in love and marrying someone that you genuinely care for that has looked out for you throughout your relationship despite their race.

All of a sudden they have to be black or else you’re disrespecting your ancestors

Human beings are idiots and the ones that follow idiots like Umar are even bigger idiots

Last edited by Bateman; 08-02-2021 at 08:55 PM..
+24   

2 months ago '17        #20
Obadiah1Verse18  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 45786 45 K  Slaps total: 20478 20 K
He’s a victim of his Carlton Banks character.
+27   

2 months ago '21        #21
Leaf Green  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5226 5 K  Slaps total: 3648 3 K
 abstractq said
i mean. . .

Stop posting this n*gga
+3   

2 months ago '06        #22
anynameado 
Props total: 6093 6 K  Slaps total: 2680 2 K
 Smuggz said
He went googoo for Trump and danced to Tom Jones just a little too easily
Me slapping this post actually has nothing to do with the post. I slapped because I seen you been slapped 999 times I just wanted to be that 1k
+26   

2 months ago '21        #23
B46610  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4230 4 K  Slaps total: 3330 3 K
Mr. Jada Pinkett got him paid he should be grapeful

2 months ago '06        #24
anynameado 
Props total: 6093 6 K  Slaps total: 2680 2 K
 daman729 said

Why they spell their names different?
+17   

2 months ago '04        #25
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 25645 25 K  Slaps total: 3932 3 K
I do remember him denying his dominican roots.... but that's it.
+5   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+68online now  25
Video inside Drake - Buffalo Freestyle Ft Benny The Butcher Official Audio
121 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+191online now  18
Video inside Fawkin’ MOOLIES!!!!