Aug 2 - Is cannabis legal in Mexico?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '05        #1
635 page views
21 comments

ice wolf  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 23285 23 K  Slaps total: 9137 9 K
Aug 2 - Is cannabis legal in Mexico?

2021 was already a big year for cannabis in Mexico. The government has released Regulations for their medical marijuana program in January, which the long expected Process of bringing medical cannabis products to the avid market. And a few weeks ago the Mexican Supreme Court voted in favor decriminalize Recreational use of cannabis.

But the cannabis law in Mexico is still unclear, and if you don’t understand it, tourists can be at serious risk. We’ve put together what you need to know before using cannabis South of the Border.

These laws only apply to cannabis use within the country. Importing cannabis of any quantity or type – recreational or medicinal – across the border into Mexico is considered an international drug trade and can lead to arrests.

Possession and use of up to 28 grams of recreational cannabis by anyone aged 18 and over is not a crime

Mexico voted this June to decriminalize the use of up to 28 grams of cannabis, effectively legalizing recreational cannabis for “self-consumption” (ie growing and harvesting your own cannabis plants). But don’t be too excited.

Car use may be decriminalized, but recreational selling remains illegal and the government has not yet issued guidelines on how growers should otherwise access the seeds they need.

In addition, recreational use of cannabis is only legal with a permit. If you want to grow your own weed, you must first submit an application to Cofepris (Federal Commission for the Protection against Sanitary Risk), Mexico’s version of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

In other words, small amounts of recreational marijuana are theoretically legal right now, but it may take a while before you can put that theory into practice.

Medical marijuana has been legal in Mexico since 2017, but the government has taken time to put in place the regulatory framework to make it accessible. It wasn’t until January 2021 that the Minister of Health published regulations for Mexico’s medical marijuana program, and legal channels were finally in place for doctors to prescribe medical marijuana to patients.

Now those who wish to grow marijuana for medical or research purposes can apply for a permit from SENASA (the National Service for the Health and Quality of Agricultural Food). Doctors who wish to prescribe medical cannabis can register with Cofepris. You can also apply for a permit to import and export medical marijuana in and out of the country.

If you travel to Mexico this summer, rest a*sured that you will find CBD when you arrive.

CBD products that contain less than 1% THC are completely legal in Mexico and have health benefits similar to marijuana (e.g., reducing stress and pain) without the psychoactive effects. Most US states require CBD products to contain less than 0.3% THC. So if you’re looking for a healthy way to relax on vacation, CBD could be your new best friend.

Of course, the CBD law in Mexico is more complicated than the US. Only government approved CBD products can be legally purchased. So do some research before buying. Most of the CBD products in Mexico are available in supplement form and can be found in dedicated CBD stores.

In 2018, the Mexican Supreme Court ruled that the prohibition on the personal use, possession and cultivation of cannabis was unconstitutional and declared that it violated the basic human right to “free personal expression” (see it as the right to “the pursuit of happiness “Anchored in the US Declaration of Independence.) This is how the long struggle for full legalization of recreational cannabis in the country began.

The Mexican Supreme Court ordered the Department of Health to issue guidelines on medicinal cannabis use within 180 days of the 2018 ruling, and Mexican lawmakers began drafting a bill to legalize recreational cannabis production and sales shortly afterwards. but the deadline for the adoption of the bill has been postponed several times, most recently to April 30, 2021. A new deadline has not yet been planned.

Even so, the fact that cannabis has been declared a basic human right in Mexico is hard to ignore. Since Mexico’s Supreme Court ruled the ban unconstitutional, possession of the product has been essentially legal, but not enshrined in law. If legalized, recreational cannabis sales would give the Mexican economy a significant boost and reduce drug crime, issues that are particularly pressing as the country recovers from COVID-19.

visit this link http://tuckercannabispres .. 21-greenstate/

Last edited by ice wolf; 08-02-2021 at 10:17 AM..
+5   

best
worst
21 comments

2 months ago '05        #2
ice wolf  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5 OP

Love copping an oz without any fear here now
+6   

2 months ago '21        #3
JayMurdoch  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 11646 11 K  Slaps total: 1982 1 K
About time

+2   

2 months ago '10        #4
t from the 617 
Props total: 25609 25 K  Slaps total: 803 803
dope. i was in mexico earlier this year and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the bud.
+3   

2 months ago '17        #5
quarter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x22
Props total: 17163 17 K  Slaps total: 12341 12 K
 t from the 617 said
dope. i was in mexico earlier this year and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the bud.
how were the prices?
+2   

2 months ago '10        #6
t from the 617 
 quarter said
how were the prices?
decent, i grabbed 2 half zips for 80 a piece (at different times, not at once). i'm sure we were getting taxed but homeboy pulled up to the airbnb one time and met us out around town too, he was on his sh*t so i don't mind paying for the convenience. got hooked up with him thru a driver.
+6   

2 months ago '05        #7
R0R0 
Props total: 1893 1 K  Slaps total: 461 461
 ice wolf said

Love copping an oz without any fear here now
Carefull w cartels will chop ya up if u buying from the wrong downtown
+1   

2 months ago '05        #8
 R0R0 said
Carefull w cartels will chop ya up if u buying from the wrong downtown
I'm good bro. I'm in a small mountainous village 1.5 hours outside of Puebla on a ranch in a SUPER SAFE village where everyone is chill, and there's no gangs or visible crime at all. I feel safer here than i did in downtown Toronto where junkies and crazy homeless people were all over the fvcking place. My girls family is friends with our Mayor and we have friends who's Father's are Police here. I'm straight. Plus if anyone tries to get onto our property the German Sheppards are biting their balls off
+6   

2 months ago '05        #9
 t from the 617 said
decent, i grabbed 2 half zips for 80 a piece (at different times, not at once). i'm sure we were getting taxed but homeboy pulled up to the airbnb one time and met us out around town too, he was on his sh*t so i don't mind paying for the convenience. got hooked up with him thru a driver.
If you pay more than $1800 pesos for an OZ you're overpaying, but it's not like it really matters.... it's so much cheaper to buy bud here.
+1   

2 months ago '04        #10
zone3cp 
Props total: 137746 137 K  Slaps total: 14753 14 K
Sounds like you’ll still be extorted by 12 over there.

2 months ago '10        #11
t from the 617 
 ice wolf said
If you pay more than $1800 pesos for an OZ you're overpaying, but it's not like it really matters.... it's so much cheaper to buy bud here.
word i figured i was overpaying from the jump, but in a foreign country i just charge that to the game. the ease and convenience made it worth it.
+3   

2 months ago '05        #12
R0R0 
 ice wolf said
I'm good bro. I'm in a small mountainous village 1.5 hours outside of Puebla on a ranch in a SUPER SAFE village where everyone is chill, and there's no gangs or visible crime at all. I feel safer here than i did in downtown Toronto where junkies and crazy homeless people were all over the fvcking place. My girls family is friends with our Mayor and we have friends who's Father's are Police here. I'm straight. Plus if anyone tries to get onto our property the German Sheppards are biting their balls off
Is that right my fam lives in Puebla has like 4 houses out there
+1   

2 months ago '05        #13
R0R0 
 ice wolf said
Police and dogs ain't gonn stop them if your a target I'm from Jalisco. Guadalajara
+2   

2 months ago '07        #14
yola  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x57
Props total: 88455 88 K  Slaps total: 10328 10 K
 ice wolf said
If you pay more than $1800 pesos for an OZ you're overpaying
is that nugz for $100/oz?
+1   

2 months ago '15        #15
Mexicanelvis 
Props total: 12819 12 K  Slaps total: 707 707
 ice wolf said
I got a similar situation near Leon, GTO

Edit: minus the police sh*t tho lol
+1   

2 months ago '05        #16
R0R0 
 ice wolf said
Crime is everywhere in Mexico always keep your guard up I would a*sume up in the villages would.be more problematic w other villagers.......... In tala mex mOTHAfu*kEN broke thru walls to steal not thru doors or windows it happen 2 my uncle
+1   

2 months ago '16        #17
kamal1978 
Props total: 5318 5 K  Slaps total: 2143 2 K
murder is legal in Mexico

2 months ago '05        #18
 R0R0 said
Crime is everywhere in Mexico always keep your guard up I would a*sume up in the villages would.be more problematic w other villagers.......... In tala mex mOTHAfu*kEN broke thru walls to steal not thru doors or windows it happen 2 my uncle
No doubt.

I keep a low profile.

2 months ago '05        #19
 yola said
is that nugz for $100/oz?
Yea but its like 6/10 maybe seven if you're lucky

Not that I would know personally of course

2 months ago '16        #20
Blunted Sultan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 39527 39 K  Slaps total: 4615 4 K
Damn I forgot about visiting Mexico , I will but not for weed

They need to define this clearly
+1   

2 months ago '05        #21
 Blunted Sultan said
Damn I forgot about visiting Mexico , I will but not for weed

They need to define this clearly
Still better than where they were at 5 years ago

2 months ago '20        #22
Slymm  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14436 14 K  Slaps total: 601 601
sh*t finally legal when I decide to quit

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+72online now  25
😳 🐋 Floating (dead) Whale explodes in ocean
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-19online now  15
Nintendo is a scam
105 comments
23 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  9
Image(s) inside Kanye West's New Yeezys Roasted On Twitter, Fans Say They Look Like Ba..
141 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
-21online now  9
What a downgrade if true.
73 comments
2 days ago
@games
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy