Aug 1 - Florida breaks record for COVID-19 hospitalizations with 10,207

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '17        #1
1311 page views
49 comments

Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 91599 91 K  Slaps total: 24337 24 K
Aug 1 - Florida breaks record for COVID-19 hospitalizations with 10,207

A day after it recorded the most new daily cases since the start of the pandemic, Florida on Sunday broke a previous record for current hospitalizations, as the number of patients in hospitals because of COVID-19 once again broke through the 10,000-person threshold.

The Sunshine State had 10,207 people hospitalized with confirmed COVID-19 cases, according to data reported to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.

The previous record was from more than a year ago, on July 23, 2020, more than a half-year before vaccinations started becoming widespread, when Florida had 10,170 hospitalizations, according to the Florida Hospital a*sociation.

Florida is now leading the nation in per capita hospitalizations for COVID-19, as hospitals around the state report having to put emergency room visitors in beds in hallways and others document a noticeable drop in the age of patients.

In the past week, Florida has averaged 1,525 adult hospitalizations a day, and 35 daily pediatric hospitalizations. Both are the highest per capita rate in the nation, according to Jason Salemi, an a*sociate professor of epidemiology at the University of South Florida.

The hospitalizations and increasing cases have come as the new, more transmittable delta variant has spread throughout Florida, and residents have returned to pre-pandemic activities.

“The recent rise is both striking and not-at-all surprising,” Salemi said in an email late Saturday.

Federal health data released Saturday showed that Florida reported 21,683 new cases of COVID-19, the state’s highest one-day total since the start of the pandemic. The latest numbers were recorded on Friday and released on Saturday on the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s website.

The figures show how quickly the number of cases is rising in the Sunshine State: only a day earlier, Florida reported 17,093 new daily cases.

Gov. Ron DeSantis has resisted mandatory mask mandates and vaccine requirements, and along with the state Legislature, has limited local officials’ ability to impose restrictions meant to stop the spread of COVID-19. DeSantis on Friday barred school districts from requiring students to wear masks when classes resume next month.

Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried, who is seeking to run against DeSantis for governor, on Sunday urged unvaccinated Floridians to get the shots. She said she was heartened by a recent uptick in vaccinations in the state.

“We are already behind the curve and in a worse spot every time the numbers come out,” Fried said at a news conference in Tallahassee. “This surge is and will impact every single one of us.”

Throughout Florida, from Jacksonville to Miami to Tampa, hospitals have become overwhelmed.

Barry Burton, the Pinellas County administrator, told the Tampa Bay Times that some local hospitals are already having to divert ambulances to different locations because of capacity concerns.

There has been a startling rise in the number of children with the virus at hospitals in Miami, many of them requiring intensive care.

Memorial Health’s Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital in Hollywood had seven patients with COVID-19. At Nicklaus Children’s Hospital in Miami, there were 17 patients with COVID-19 on Friday, including six in the ICU and one who needed a ventilator, Dr. Marcos Mestre, vice president and chief medical officer, told the Miami Herald.

About half of the patients were under 12, Mestre said, and the rest were older and eligible for the vaccine. But none of the patients with COVID-19 at Nicklaus Children’s on Friday were vaccinated. Most children who get COVID-19 do not need hospitalization, Mestre said.

At the UF Health North hospital emergency room in Jacksonville, COVID-19 patients once again were being put in beds in hallways due to a surge in visits.

visit this link Source

best
worst
49 comments

2 months ago '06        #2
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 87235 87 K  Slaps total: 13492 13 K
Preventable
+1   

2 months ago '04        #3
killadre  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 47003 47 K  Slaps total: 3104 3 K
Why are so many people going to the hospital, Covid isn’t a big deal
+12   

2 months ago '17        #4
Ymmot  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5 OP
 killadre said
In Florida of all places....

Texas is getting there too. These red states sure are hiring a lot of crisis actors.
+15   

2 months ago '04        #5
Vince McMahon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 36572 36 K  Slaps total: 951 951
 killadre said
But the death rate is super low

Hospitals can handle the overwhelming influx of paients. It's not like there's ever going to be any mass shootings, terrorist attacks, natural disasters or real pandemics in the US ever again.

2 months ago '17        #6
 Vince McMahon said
But the death rate is super low
You can predict the future?

2 months ago '04        #7
 Ymmot said
You can predict the future?
Every American is in tip top shape with no underlying conditions. The death rate for covid will be less than 0% in 6 months
+5   

2 months ago '15        #8
POTUS2045  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5645 5 K  Slaps total: 1016 1 K
I had 3 truckers this last week have family members die from complications from COVID. All 3 finally signed up for their vaccine shot.
Sad it takes death to make people wake up. I didn’t want COVID nor did I want a premature vaccine. But the 3 hours of feeling sick from the vaccine is better than the dozens of people I know that had COVID and survived, and of course better than those I know who have passed away.
+14   

2 months ago '21        #9
Tlatoani  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 11779 11 K  Slaps total: 2669 2 K
 POTUS2045 said
I had 3 truckers this last week have family members die from complications from COVID. All 3 finally signed up for their vaccine shot.
Sad it takes death to make people wake up. I didn’t want COVID nor did I want a premature vaccine. But the 3 hours of feeling sick from the vaccine is better than the dozens of people I know that had COVID and survived, and of course better than those I know who have passed away.
Sad it took so long, but at least the light bulb clicked and they realized to take care of themselves.
+4   

2 months ago '05        #10
Fauby  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 34653 34 K  Slaps total: 3807 3 K
Again, this should be criminal on DeSantis part...
+11   

2 months ago '17        #11
Mario Chalmers  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 37244 37 K  Slaps total: 10602 10 K
Bruh it’s so bad here right now. People getting covid left and right. My 5 & 7 year old niece and nephew both tested positive over the weekend. It’s wild.
+3   

2 months ago '21        #12
Lil Tempus 
Props total: 1706 1 K  Slaps total: 397 397
99.7 % survival rate

2 months ago '06        #13
d4deesnuts 
Props total: 10294 10 K  Slaps total: 1073 1 K
Some good news out of this is I’ve def noticed more ppl wearing masks while out this past week since the mask mandates got taken away but Theres still waaay too many ppl not wearing one. I even know a couple chicks who are pregnant that continue to not wear one, smmfh.

2 months ago '04        #14
scarlaf0n 
Props total: 1759 1 K  Slaps total: 359 359
in before BX claims that 99% of patients were fully vaccinated for covid
+3   

2 months ago '14        #15
Soaring Seagull  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 24346 24 K  Slaps total: 1960 1 K
 Ymmot said
In Florida of all places....

Texas is getting there too. These red states sure are hiring a lot of crisis actors.
I told my dad the same thing. If I were president I would let people not get vaccines but don't think you would just roll up in the publicly funded hospital after you catch covid. Nah player you had your chance

2 months ago '17        #16
 Soaring Seagull said
I told my dad the same thing. If I were president I would let people not get vaccines but don't think you would just roll up in the publicly funded hospital after you catch covid. Nah player you had your chance
There's hospitals in Florida were 30 and 40% of it's staff aren't vaccinated. People are coming in with other issues and end up testing positive for covid because they caught it from a nurse's a*sistant.

2 months ago '04        #17
 scarlaf0n said
in before BX claims that 99% of patients were fully vaccinated for covid
Obviously vaccinations weakened immune systems, created the variants and launched Bezos into space. This is all just common sense

2 months ago '14        #18
Soaring Seagull  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 24346 24 K  Slaps total: 1960 1 K
 Ymmot said
There's hospitals in Florida were 30 and 40% of it's staff aren't vaccinated. People are coming in with other issues and end up testing positive for covid because they caught it from a nurse's a*sistant.
You mean people who are there for extended stays? Because that's a different story. But that's wild that even the healthcare professionals there ain't getting vaccinated

2 months ago '06        #19
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 87235 87 K  Slaps total: 13492 13 K
 Lil Tempus said
99.7 % survival rate
99.99994% reactionless vaccination rate

2 months ago '18        #20
0msoc 
Props total: 309 309  Slaps total: 239 239
I was looking at the newest 'rona stats in my South Texas city and compared them to last year's, at this time, and a couple of things stood out to me. Firstly, there is a lower percentage of beds available now than there was at this time last year - at the height of all this - but somehow that aspect no longer warrants nightly news coverage. There are about 50% less hospitalized patients that are "positive", but there are only 6% of staffed beds available across all healthcare systems, compared to last year on this date being 7%. Also, the rate of those on ventilators was 41% last year, compared to 13% now. That says to me, the severity of the illness is lower now, probably due to the number of jabbed citizens and them pushing a new fear factor being "variants", rather than people contracting a novel illness and being sick. This change has been heavily pushed within the last week, although the "delta strain" started circulating a couple months back.

I dunno man, the Portman-Murphy law was signed in 2016, just in time to convince the country that propaganda is only acceptable if it comes from the mainstream media in the U.S. If you don't see this correlation, you haven't been paying attention.
+6   

2 months ago '17        #21
 Soaring Seagull said
You mean people who are there for extended stays? Because that's a different story. But that's wild that even the healthcare professionals there ain't getting vaccinated
Sorry, I meant only 30 or 40% of hospital staff are vaccinated. But at all the big hospitals most of the staff are vaccinated.

2 months ago '17        #22
 0msoc said
I was looking at the newest 'rona stats in my South Texas city and compared them to last year's, at this time, and a couple of things stood out to me. Firstly, there is a lower percentage of beds available now than there was at this time last year - at the height of all this - but somehow that aspect no longer warrants nightly news coverage. There are about 50% less hospitalized patients that are "positive", but there are only 6% of staffed beds available across all healthcare systems, compared to last year on this date being 7%. Also, the rate of those on ventilators was 41% last year, compared to 13% now. That says to me, the severity of the illness is lower now, probably due to the number of jabbed citizens and them pushing a new fear factor being "variants", rather than people contracting a novel illness and being sick. This change has been heavily pushed within the last week, although the "delta strain" started circulating a couple months back.

I dunno man, the Portman-Murphy law was signed in 2016, just in time to convince the country that propaganda is only acceptable if it comes from the mainstream media in the U.S. If you don't see this correlation, you haven't been paying attention.
There are less hospital beds because the covid wave last year put a lot of smaller hospitals out of business. They're also trying to use less ventilators now and they have other methods to treat covid patients.

2 months ago '12        #23
Gramz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x47
Props total: 82245 82 K  Slaps total: 4661 4 K
 Ymmot said

2 months ago '17        #24
one il matt 56  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 24788 24 K  Slaps total: 3723 3 K
 Ymmot said
There are less hospital beds because the covid wave last year put a lot of smaller hospitals out of business. They're also trying to use less ventilators now and they have other methods to treat covid patients.
Pure cap

Multiple upstart hospital projects offset and outpaced this supply decline.

Plus regional hospitals/urgent care facilities got TONS of CARES funding, they did not fold en masse like you’re saying.

You just saying sh*t.

+3   

2 months ago '06        #25
ehizzy3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 18886 18 K  Slaps total: 1462 1 K
 Mario Chalmers said
Bruh it’s so bad here right now. People getting covid left and right. My 5 & 7 year old niece and nephew both tested positive over the weekend. It’s wild.
Best of thoughts to your fam. Hope they recover quickly

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  20
Image(s) inside Apples creativity died with Steve Jobs
111 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+68online now  17
Video inside Drake - Buffalo Freestyle Ft Benny The Butcher Official Audio