When are they going to start selling music that lets the consumer tweak it?

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 months ago '15        #1
592 page views
16 comments

bourne1978 
Props total: 19208 19 K  Slaps total: 14740 14 K
When are they going to start selling music that lets the consumer tweak it?

We have computers in this age. The music industry should be giving us the music so that we can tweak it left, right, front, and center.

Let each consumer finish the music to the new albums to an extent and to previously released albums to an extent. They can re-release them under a new 'let the consumer tweak it' format.

We should be able to tweak the beats and the vocals to our personal liking.

I should be able to determine which verse plays first, second, etc. or last to something like this:

I should be able to take off a verse(s) I want off a track to something like this where I just want 2Pac on the track:

Basically, it's 2021 where the consumer should be something similar to a producer, for their own listening experiences.
+3   

best
worst
16 comments

2 months ago '19        #2
beamjawn  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 10352 10 K  Slaps total: 12839 12 K
 bourne1978 said
We have computers in this age. The music industry should be giving us the music so that we can tweak it left, right, front, and center.

Let each consumer finish the music to the new albums to an extent and to previously released albums to an extent. They can re-release them under a new 'let the consumer tweak it' format.

I should be able to determine which verse plays first, second, etc. or last to something like this:

I should be able to take off a verse(s) I want off a track to something like this where I just want 2Pac on the track:

Basically, it's 2021 where the consumer should be something similar to a producer, for their own listening experiences.
n*gga it's called download Audacity and do it yourself. Take the mp3 and watch tutorials on how to do exactly those things. That's why they don't do it. Get outta here my n*gga.. Tf. You asking for too much for something 99% don't care about except you.
+18   

2 months ago '19        #3
GetYaCoinsKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 47024 47 K  Slaps total: 8176 8 K
This is the most autistic thread i've seen, Whats stopping you from downloading any DAW and doing it yourself?
+13   

2 months ago '20        #4
LordGimmeASign 
Props total: 16519 16 K  Slaps total: 1122 1 K
Lmao, n*ggas wildin'.
+6   

2 months ago '17        #5
Acebit 
Props total: 4076 4 K  Slaps total: 946 946
Lol fam just download virtual dj. I been chopping n screwing n making fast music since ‘11
+9   

2 months ago '17        #6
Shaze804 
Props total: 173 173  Slaps total: 4 4
They have something like this out but it's not widespread.

The legal issues are a big hurdle.
+4   

2 months ago '16        #7
Vizier  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5659 5 K  Slaps total: 844 844
 bourne1978 said

Do you mean as in single wav files of whole tracks/sample packs...? It’s a good idea, but I don’t really see how record labels would profit...
+2   

2 months ago '18        #8
TheLuminousOne  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 43705 43 K  Slaps total: 2366 2 K
Nah

I can understand some sort of immersive experience but I ain’t finishing no albums and not get a profit.
+3   

2 months ago '16        #9
Bigg 
Props total: 242 242  Slaps total: 41 41
 bourne1978 said

Why do you think artists want you make changes to their music??
+4   

2 months ago '19        #10
Wiseone 
Props total: 1482 1 K  Slaps total: 249 249
Your onto something fam

2 months ago '17        #11
S PHX GOD 
Props total: 52146 52 K  Slaps total: 7167 7 K
yeah, let the engineer get paid to do literally nothing because the consumer now has access to tweak the tracks.. lol nah
+2   

2 months ago '05        #12
Flatbush85  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15775 15 K  Slaps total: 1501 1 K

2 months ago '19        #13
DirtyDaily 
Props total: 655 655  Slaps total: 60 60
 bourne1978 said

So u want a consolidated pro tools session?
+1   

2 months ago '19        #14
Wiseone 
Props total: 1482 1 K  Slaps total: 249 249
Kanye tried to do something like this with Pablo
+1   

2 months ago '19        #15
DirtyDaily 
Props total: 655 655  Slaps total: 60 60
Being a dj i can understand why u want instrumentals and acapellas.. but anything more is too much breh
+1   

2 months ago '05        #16
JimDinO77  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 31109 31 K  Slaps total: 3987 3 K

2 months ago '08        #17
cohs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 45243 45 K  Slaps total: 2562 2 K
Would be cool. All parts of the song stored separately. Then using some kind of app select which verses and it mesh then together according to however the engineer decides. They can mark special places where verses can be placed and what not. Not as crazy as it sounds.
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside BMF: Black Mafia Family - Season 1 | Discussion Thread (Starz)
192 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  9
TARGET GOT DESIGNER CLOTHES NOW AND IS sh*tTING ON WALMART
114 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+28online now  8
Article inside Fewer men attending college is leading toward "mating crisis", says N..
270 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  6
Video inside Sep 26 - 75 year old man convinced by Anti Vaxxers to leave hospital di..
102 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy