Jul 30 - senate....looks to legalize weed at the federal level

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
29 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '09        #1
2215 page views
62 comments

messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x71
Props total: 237554 237 K  Slaps total: 26622 26 K
Jul 30 - senate....looks to legalize weed at the federal level

alien og - tahoe og kush x alien kush

visit this link https://www.google.com/am .. na%3f_amp=true

The Senate is preparing to wade into a controversial conversation about federal policies on marijuana after Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer, a Democrat from New York, released draft legislation this month that would legalize weed at the federal level

The draft bill, known as the Cannabis Administration and Opportunity Act, follows a similar bill that passed the Democratic-controlled House in December and comes as recent polling from the Pew Research Center shows that about 60% of Americans support legalizing marijuana for recreational and medical use.

But Senate Democrats have a lot to balance over the next several months, tasked with drafting and passing legislation on issues such as infrastructure, policing and immigration that President Biden has marked as priorities. As the draft bill jump-starts discussion on Capitol Hill, here’s a look at where marijuana legalization might go

Isn’t pot already legal in many states? What would a federal bill do?

Weed has been fully legalized for recreational use in 18 states, starting with Colorado and Washington in 2012. A total of 37 states have approved medical marijuana. In California, cannabis has been legal for medical use since 1996 and for recreational use since late 2016.

image But cannabis is still illegal under federal law, where it is classified as a Schedule I drug under the Controlled Substances Act.

Possession of marijuana remains a federal offense, punishable by up to one year in jail and a minimum fine of $1,000 for a first conviction

Because of federal restrictions, marijuana producers and retailers face significant logistical challenges with banking, transporting goods and paying taxes, even in states where the drug is legal.

In 2019, Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) and California’s then-Sen. Kamala Harris, now vice president, introduced legislation in both chambers of Congress that would have decriminalized marijuana and expunged some criminal records, among other things.

The House passed the legislation in a 228-164 vote in December 2020. It was the first time legislation to remove cannabis from the Schedule I list made it to a floor vote

The bill ultimately failed to move out of committee in the Senate
+18   

best
worst
62 comments

2 months ago '05        #2
4Chun500 
Props total: 4804 4 K  Slaps total: 545 545
About fu*king time!
& how does it not have "medicinal qualities "
If The Federal government is allowing Pharmaceutical companies SELL a drug called Marinol, ALL over the country?

This Government is Full Of sh*t!
+20   

2 months ago '12        #3
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 182050 182 K  Slaps total: 10603 10 K
Just learn to grow your own already people, plenty of us have posted on here how you can get started for the cheap.
+24   

2 months ago '07        #4
Boston 
Props total: 6066 6 K  Slaps total: 2112 2 K
This is important to me because i got my CDL license.. i would love to be able to smoke again one day. fu*k it.
+12   

2 months ago '20        #5
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 38331 38 K  Slaps total: 7300 7 K
Will it get done in the next 16 months
+5   

2 months ago '20        #6
 Boston said
This is important to me because i got my CDL license.. i would love to be able to smoke again one day. fu*k it.
I doubt CDL drivers will be allowed to smoke & drive
+11   

2 months ago '20        #7
Smoking weed makes your reactions slow , we do not want heavy weed smokers driving tractor trailers dude
+8   

2 months ago '07        #8
Boston 
 Xiox said
I doubt CDL drivers will be allowed to smoke & drive
Yah no doubt. Im moreso saying after work etc.. then they gotta find a way to distinguish when you did it. Im not holding my breath man lol.

I just seen your second comment as well, i dont know if that is directed at me or not.

To clarify, i dont have my class A, i have my class b. I wouldnt smoke at work. To be honest, i dont even drive half the time, but when i do, its not the biggest truck. Im moreso talking about rolling up after work when im home before bed.

Like i said above, im not holding my breath. I knew the deal when i got my cdl 6-7 years ago. Im content not smoking. I have a family, priorities/responsibilities first.

Last edited by Boston; 07-31-2021 at 07:58 AM..
+12   

2 months ago '05        #9
Stupendamatic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 19746 19 K  Slaps total: 1817 1 K
 Boston said
Yah no doubt. Im moreso saying after work etc.. then they gotta find a way to distinguish when you did it. Im not holding my breath man lol.

I just seen your second comment as well, i dont know if that is directed at me or not.

To clarify, i dont have my class A, i have my class b. I wouldnt smoke at work. To be honest, i dont even drive half the time, but when i do, its not the biggest truck. Im moreso talking about rolling up after work when im home before bed.

Like i said above, im not holding my breath. I knew the deal when i got my cdl 6-7 years ago. Im content not smoking. I have a family, priorities/responsibilities first.
I can’t believe you even needed to clarify that to them.
+16   

2 months ago '17        #10
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x20
Props total: 181043 181 K  Slaps total: 13066 13 K
 OldBusiness said
Just learn to grow your own already people, plenty of us have posted on here how you can get started for the cheap.
Sucks for people like me who goes through random drug screening tests for work sites and the pain center I go to. I remember one site I had to get tested 2 weeks before and I mean hair follicle tested and then had to do a random test at the site. Federal legalization is severely needed for people in situations like me.
+8   

2 months ago '06        #11
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 87260 87 K  Slaps total: 13536 13 K
 OldBusiness said
For me it’s moreso an issue of being forbidden by the largest employer in the country.

Legalization will open up so many more people to federal jobs.
+8   

2 months ago '20        #12
 Boston said

Cool but the thc levels in weed are getting stronger so if you want longevity in driving & staying out of prison because you smoked & caused a major pileup on the interstate please stop smoking .

Last edited by Xiox; 07-31-2021 at 01:55 PM..

2 months ago '17        #13
LostTenets  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x47
Props total: 102805 102 K  Slaps total: 30815 30 K
4 of the drugs on schedule 1 will change your life in positive ways if used properly and for sure have medicinal properties

Everything else which is legal will most likely harm you

+14   

2 months ago '07        #14
Boston 
 Xiox said
Cool but the thc levels in weed ate getting stronger so if you want longevity in driving & staying out of prison because you smoked & caused a major pileup on the interstate please stop smoking .
Lol reading comprehension is not your strong point my man.
+4   

2 months ago '20        #15
 Boston said
Lol reading comprehension is not your strong point my man.
Dude you're the one who brought up the bs , when you know as a CDL driver that the DMV will never allow it

2 months ago '08        #16
cohs  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 45232 45 K  Slaps total: 2562 2 K
Would help alot for jobs, but we good in dmv. Can traverse the metro without worrying about that.

2 months ago '07        #17
Boston 
 Xiox said
Dude you're the one who brought up the bs , when you know as a CDL driver that the DMV will never allow it
You’re just proving my point man. I already said i wouldnt hold my breath.

Dont think it would be dmvs decision either, but regardless.
+3   

2 months ago '16        #18
Blunted Sultan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 39577 39 K  Slaps total: 4626 4 K
As i learned earlier this year its bigger than just being able to grow your own and smoke it

There’s so much in that plant
+1   

2 months ago '20        #19
 boston said
you’re just proving my point man. I already said i wouldnt hold my breath.

Dont think it would be dmvs decision either, but regardless.
Department of transportation
DOT

Last edited by Xiox; 07-31-2021 at 02:11 PM..

2 months ago '15        #20
Holdino  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x19
Props total: 58623 58 K  Slaps total: 6032 6 K
Word to this Kong OG I'm smoking

+6   

2 months ago '04        #21
franchise  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 13360 13 K  Slaps total: 1221 1 K
legalize all drugs
+4   

2 months ago '18        #22
OLITO 
Props total: 4250 4 K  Slaps total: 1881 1 K
worst mistake..

2 months ago '19        #23
SuperPawgHunter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 30634 30 K  Slaps total: 21903 21 K
Just what the world needs - more drug addicts.

2 months ago '14        #24
Gotti Pippen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 56339 56 K  Slaps total: 2268 2 K

94 Octane for the long weekend
+6   

2 months ago '18        #25
MayneThaTruth2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 16129 16 K  Slaps total: 12434 12 K
 Blunted Sultan said
As i learned earlier this year its bigger than just being able to grow your own and smoke it

There’s so much in that plant
What do you mean by that?

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+27online now  43
Article inside Fewer men attending college is leading toward "mating crisis", says N..
211 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  33
Would u drip in these dame dolla adidas NMD_R2
51 comments
21 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+20online now  30
Image(s) inside Black Phone Poster Reveals Ethan Hawke’s Terrifying Villain
44 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+18online now  18
Sep 24 - Japanese yakuza boss Satoru Nomura sentenced to death for ordering mu..
121 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy