Jul 30 - Trump To DOJ: “Just Say The Election Was Corrupt & Leave The Overturning To Me.”

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '11        #1
1537 page views
48 comments

kiss0fdeath  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x203
Props total: 233747 233 K  Slaps total: 18127 18 K
Jul 30 - Trump To DOJ: “Just Say The Election Was Corrupt & Leave The Overturning To Me.”

BREAKING: Trump To DOJ: “Just Say The Election Was Corrupt & Leave The Overturning To Me.”

Trump Pressed Justice Dept. to Declare Election Results Corrupt, Notes Show

”Leave the rest to me” and to congressional allies, the former president is said to have told top law enforcement officials.

Katie Benner
By Katie Benner

July 30, 2021
Updated 11:49 a.m. ET

WASHINGTON — Donald J. Trump pressed top Justice Department officials late last year to declare that the election was corrupt even though they had found no instances of widespread fraud, so that he and his allies in Congress could use the a*sertion to try to overturn the results, according to new documents provided to lawmakers and obtained by The New York Times.

The demands were an extraordinary instance of a president interfering with an agency that is typically more independent from the White House to advance his personal agenda. They are also the latest example of Mr. Trump’s wide-ranging campaign during his final weeks in office to delegitimize the election results.

The exchange unfolded during a phone call on Dec. 27 in which Mr. Trump pressed the acting attorney general at the time, Jeffrey A. Rosen, and his deputy, Richard P. Donoghue, on voter fraud claims that the department had disproved. Mr. Donoghue warned that the department had no power to change the outcome of the election. Mr. Trump replied that he did not expect that, according to notes Mr. Donoghue took memorializing the conversation.[“

“Just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me” and to congressional allies, Mr. Donoghue wrote in summarizing Mr. Trump’s response.

Mr. Trump did not name the lawmakers, but at other points during the call he mentioned Representative Jim Jordan of Ohio, whom he described as a “f*ghter”; Representative Scott Perry of Pennsylvania, who at the time promoted the idea that the election was stolen from Mr. Trump; and Senator Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, whom Mr. Trump praised for “getting to bottom of things.”

The notes connect Mr. Trump’s allies in Congress with his campaign to pressure Justice Department officials to help undermine, or even nullify, the election results.image

The lawmakers did not immediately respond to requests for comment. Mr. Jordan ultimately voted to overturn the election results in key states, but has downplayed his role in the president’s pressure campaign. Mr. Perry continues to a*sert Mr. Trump won, but has not been tied directly to the White House effort to keep him in office. And Mr. Johnson, whom Mr. Trump recently endorsed as he weighs whether to seek a third term, maintains that it is reasonable to have questions about the integrity of the election, though he has recognized Joseph R. Biden Jr. as president.

The Justice Department provided Mr. Donoghue’s notes to the House Oversight and Reform Committee, which is investigating the Trump administration’s efforts to unlawfully reverse the election results.

Typically, the department has fought to keep secret any accounts of private discussions between a president and his cabinet to avoid setting a precedent that would prevent officials in future administrations from candidly advising presidents out of concern that their conversations would later be made public.

But handing over the notes to Congress is part of a pattern of allowing scrutiny of Mr. Trump’s efforts to overturn the election. The Biden Justice Department also told Mr. Rosen, Mr. Donoghue and other former officials this week that they could provide unrestricted testimony to investigators with the House Oversight and Reform and the Senate Judiciary Committees.image

The department reasoned that congressional investigators were examining potential wrongdoing by a sitting president, an extraordinary circumstance, according to letters sent to the former officials. Because executive privilege is meant to benefit the country, rather than the president as an individual, invoking it over Mr. Trump’s efforts to push his personal agenda would be inappropriate, the department concluded.

“These handwritten notes show that Donald Trump directly instructed our nation’s top law enforcement agency to take steps to overturn a free and fair election in the final days of his presidency,” Representative Carolyn B. Maloney, Democrat of New York and chairwoman of the House Oversight and Reform Committee, said in a statement.image

Mr. Trump’s conversation with Mr. Rosen and Mr. Donoghue reflected his single-minded focus on overturning the election results. At one point, Mr. Trump alleged voter fraud in Georgia, Michigan, Nevada and Arizona, which he called “corrupted elections.” Mr. Donoghue pushed back.

“Much of the info you’re getting is false,” imageMr. Donoghue said, adding that the department had conducted “dozens of investigations, hundreds of interviews” and not found evidence to support his claims. “We look at allegations but they don’t pan out,” the officials told Mr. Trump, according to the notes.

The department found that the error rate of ballot counting in Michigan was 0.0063 percent, not the 68 percent that the president a*serted;image it did not find evidence of a conspiracy theory that an employee in Pennsylvania had tampered with ballots; and after examining video and interviewing witnesses, it did not find evidence of ballot fraud in Fulton County, Ga., according to the notes.image

Mr. Trump, undeterred, brushed off the department’s findings. “Ok fine — but what about the others?”image Mr. Donoghue wrote in his notes describing the president’s remarks. Mr. Trump asked Mr. Donoghue to travel to Fulton County to verify signatures on ballots.

The people “saying that the election isn’t corrupt are corrupt,” Mr. Trump told the officials, adding that they needed to act. “Not much time left.”image

At another point, Mr. Donoghue said that the department could quickly verify or disprove the a*sertion that more ballots were cast in Pennsylvania than there are voters.

“Should be able to check on that quickly, but understand that the DOJ can’t and won’t snap it’s fingers and change the outcome of the election, doesn’t work that way,” Mr. Donoghue wrote in his notes.

The officials also told Mr. Trump that the Justice Department had no evidence to support a lawsuit regarding the election results. “We are not in a position based on the evidence. We can only act on the actual evidence developed,” they said.

Mr. Trump castigated the officials, saying that “thousands of people called” their local U.S. attorney’s offices to complain about the election and that “nobody trusts the F.B.I.” He said that “people are angry — blaming D.O.J. for inaction.”

“You guys may not be following the internet the way I do,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document.image

In a moment of foreshadowing, Mr. Trump said, “people tell me Jeff Clark is great, I should put him in,” referring to the acting head of the Justice Department’s civil division, who had also encouraged department officials to intervene in the election. “People want me to replace D.O.J. leadership.”

“You should have the leadership you want,” Mr. Donoghue replied. But it “won’t change the dept’s position.”

Mr. Donoghue and Mr. Rosen did not know that Mr. Perry had introduced Mr. Clark and Mr. Trump. Exactly one week later, they would be forced to f*ght Mr. Clark for their jobs in an Oval Office showdown.

During the call, Mr. Trump also told the Justice Department officials to “figure out what to do” with Hunter Biden, President Biden’s son.

“People will criticize the D.O.J. if he’s not investigated for real,” he told them, violating longstanding guidelines against the White House interfering in criminal investigations or other law enforcement actions.

Two days after the phone call with Mr. Trump, Mr. Donoghue took notes of a meeting between Justice Department officials: Mr. Trump’s chief of staff, Mark Meadows; the White House counsel, Pat Cipollone; and White House deputy counsel Patrick Philbin met to discuss a conspiracy theory known as Italygate, which a*serts without evidence that people in Italy used military technology to remotely tamper with voting machines in the United States.

The Justice Department officials told the White House that they had a*signed someone to look into the matter, according to the notes and a person briefed on the meeting. They did not mention that the department was looking into the theory in order to debunk it, the person said.
visit this link https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1421164547935809539?s=21
visit this link https://www.nytimes.com/2 .. -election.html
This Is The Literal Definition Of Sedition.

Last edited by kiss0fdeath; 07-30-2021 at 11:45 AM..
+31   

best
worst
48 comments

2 months ago '18        #2
Lord God  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 67694 67 K  Slaps total: 5594 5 K
.... that sounds eerily similar to asking a certain foreign govt to just hold a press conference announcing some sort of corruption, so that he could use it during the election cycle.

I honestly shake my head watching people stan for the epitome of what they claim to hate about washington politics.
+31   

2 months ago '11        #3
kiss0fdeath  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x203 OP
 Lord God said
.... that sounds eerily similar to asking a certain foreign govt to just hold a press conference announcing some sort of corruption, so that he could use it during the election cycle.

I honestly shake my head watching people stan for the epitome of what they claim to hate about washington politics.

Everything he tried was media driven because that’s the only thing he understands. He was too incompetent to wield the levers of power in the way he wanted or else he (along with the GQP Republican Party) would’ve made himself King.
+15   

2 months ago '04        #4
gh3tto 
Props total: 47905 47 K  Slaps total: 11497 11 K
kinzinger admitted gop traitors never believed donalds lies for a second

only bx magats are dumb enough to believe them

+14   

2 months ago '16        #5
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x46
Props total: 107821 107 K  Slaps total: 21052 21 K
The fact that he is not in jail is evidence of this countries facism
+27   

2 months ago '04        #6
gh3tto 
Props total: 47905 47 K  Slaps total: 11497 11 K
 Lord God said

these alex jones clones yap about the deep state and then worshipped
billy " iran contra" barr

+14   

2 months ago '17        #7
WHATEVERMAN 
Props total: 16579 16 K  Slaps total: 1726 1 K
 foshoVoodoo said
Yeah, all these stories keep coming out and yet nothing happens. Just kinda let's you know what kind of system you live in and who it favors.
+5   

2 months ago '09        #8
messy marv stan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x71
Props total: 237266 237 K  Slaps total: 26591 26 K
 gh3tto said
these alex jones clones yap about the deep state and then worshipped
billy " iran contra" barr

The department found that the error rate of ballot counting in Michigan was 0.0063 percent, not the 68 percent that the president a*serted

the error rate was 100 ballots for every 1.5 million counted
+5   

2 months ago '11        #9
 foshoVoodoo said

Don’t worry. It’s coming.
+6   

2 months ago '11        #10
 messy marv stan said
The department found that the error rate of ballot counting in Michigan was 0.0063 percent, not the 68 percent that the president a*serted

the error rate was 100 ballots for every 1.5 million counted

The Fat Goblin said it was 68%
+5   

2 months ago '11        #11
 WHATEVERMAN said
Yeah, all these stories keep coming out and yet nothing happens. Just kinda let's you know what kind of system you live in and who it favors.

The wheels of justice and accountability turn slowly for the privileged.
+3   

2 months ago '04        #12
erickonasis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 85667 85 K  Slaps total: 9264 9 K
This sh*t isn’t even funny. Would have volunteered for the a*sassination if this would have happened fu*k it
+2   

2 months ago '06        #13
Skateboard T  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 86974 86 K  Slaps total: 13102 13 K
I don’t even think the dumbest trump stans on BX believe Trump won at this point lol
+4   

2 months ago '21        #14
Fras 
Props total: 3688 3 K  Slaps total: 3530 3 K
More Fake News

2 months ago '17        #15
FashCashVasquez  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 13475 13 K  Slaps total: 7311 7 K
Trump won that election
Way more conservatives/red states

Trump cut off china
Got rid of alot corrupt officials

They would rather us live in a democratic
Form of Government.

Everybody and they momma moving to the south
Why is that?

Red states have better Gun laws
And cost of living is cheaper

Onlything hurting Georgia is northern transpalants who vote democrat across the board which raise property tax and cost of living

2 months ago '13        #16
SimpinAintEz 
Props total: 46770 46 K  Slaps total: 9823 9 K
 Fras said
More Fake News
+1   

2 months ago '19        #17
DadeCounty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 53451 53 K  Slaps total: 4772 4 K
 FashCashVasquez said
Trump won that election
Way more conservatives/red states

Trump cut off china
Got rid of alot corrupt officials

They would rather us live in a democratic
Form of Government.

Everybody and they momma moving to the south
Why is that?

Red states have better Gun laws
And cost of living is cheaper

Onlything hurting Georgia is northern transpalants who vote democrat across the board which raise property tax and cost of living

+6   

2 months ago '17        #18
 DadeCounty said

Why do you have that in Yo Phone?

2 months ago '17        #19
Coffee  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 43113 43 K  Slaps total: 9055 9 K
 Fras said
More Fake News
Like I said, Confederates.

You and the whole lot.

It's coming. Just like it has in the past, it'll happen again, just this time, we'll finish the job.
+6   

2 months ago '17        #20
DaQCKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 101606 101 K  Slaps total: 4244 4 K
 Skateboard T said
I don’t even think the dumbest trump stans on BX believe Trump won at this point lol
I really wanna believe this but I have friends, well now former friends, that still buy in to the election being stolen. These are people that I consider to have reasonable intelligence also. The absolute grip that Trump has on certain people is mind boggling. Truly a cult.
+4   

2 months ago '19        #21
aaf192020 
Props total: 43302 43 K  Slaps total: 4217 4 K
 foshoVoodoo said
It's not fascism it's an oligarchy. Wealthy or powerful people don't go to prison.
+4   

2 months ago '19        #22
 FashCashVasquez said
Why do you have that in Yo Phone?

To draw comparisons to you when you speak about your daddy Trump

2 months ago '19        #23
 FashCashVasquez said
U have that saved in yo phone
Those images are in your sub conscious
ZESTY !!

I'm a American
I can say what da fu*k i want or how
I feel

You carribean ashy flip flop wearing
Bean eating tether

Keep smoking your meth and fu*king your Sister you inbred fu*k

2 months ago '17        #24
 DadeCounty said
Keep smoking your meth and fu*king your Sister you inbred fu*k
Only a immigrant would get mad at me
Tawking about Trump

2 months ago '19        #25
 FashCashVasquez said
Only a immigrant would get mad at me
Tawking about Trump

Wrong again stupid fu*k, there’s a long list of people who hate trump not only illegal immigrants like your family “Vasquez”
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+21online now  23
Video inside This Teacher Out Here Tryna Catch A Case With One Of Her Students!
76 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  21
Image(s) inside Apple Wallet is getting verifiable COVID-19 vaccination cards
47 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
+73online now  19
How to stretch a 8th for a week
143 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+21online now  12
Sep 22 - HermanCainAward, the fast growing Subreddit Catalogs Anti-Vaxxer COVI..
401 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy