Exclusive: New 'Predator' Movie Title, Plot Details, and Timeline Revealed by Producers

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

2 months ago '18        #1
743 page views
19 comments

Eclectic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x107
Props total: 129530 129 K  Slaps total: 5737 5 K
Exclusive: New 'Predator' Movie Title, Plot Details, and Timeline Revealed by Producers

"In a new interview with Collider timed to this week's release of Disney's Jungle Cruise, producers John Davis and John Fox revealed that Dan Trachtenberg's upcoming Predator movie will be titled Skull, will be an origin story about the Predator's first journey to this planet, and it's almost done filming.

The film will boast a female hero, "which I always think is interesting," said Davis, who revealed what Skull has in common with the first film starring Arnold Schwarzenegger.

"It goes back to what made the original Predator movie work. It's the ingenuity of a human being who won't give up, who's able to observe and interpret, basically being able to beat a stronger, more powerful, well-armed force," he explained.

"It actually has more akin to The Revenant than it does any film in the Predator canon. You'll know what I mean once you see it," promised Fox, though Davis declined to reveal the specific time period. "You can use your imagination. It is... early."

Both producers were pumped about the script by Patrick Aison, but Davis reserved special praise for the film's "brilliant director" Trachtenberg.

"Watching dailies, you just understand how his vision is completely unique. He's got his own language and it's fresh and it's cool, and it's interesting."

As far as the tone of the film goes, Davis said it "it all depends on how you end up cutting it, right? It was conceived as an R-rated movie. It could easily end up PG-13. I guess I'm going to find out what it has to be or what it is when it's all cut together."

It's unclear when we'll get our first look at any images or footage from Skull, as a release date has yet to be determined, but Davis said that Trachtenberg is "probably three-quarters of the way through" production -- a surprise given how little is currently known about the film, including its cast.

"Here is the interesting thing. We started conceiving this movie while we were shooting the last Predator movie. Dan came to me with a writer and an idea while we were shooting the movie. Emma Watts was really instrumental here. She said, 'you know what, let's go put this into development now and let's push on this now. Let's go for this now.' We couldn't be shooting one movie and prepping another, especially when one was the current-day end of the franchise and the other was the period beginning of the franchise. So it was always done with a lot of secrecy. It just continued to be something that's going to be out there to surprise you."

Davis was wise enough to acknowledge how perfect the original Predator movie is, as he even said "it's going to be, I believe, the second best -- or the first... or it may be equal to the first one. Right? I feel like the first one was a wonderful, interesting movie and I know what worked about it. I feel like we kind of never got back there again. We ended up in different places. I think this is a worthy complement to the first one. It's going to be as good."

Those are f*ghting words, indeed, but I'm inclined to give this latest Predator project the benefit of the doubt with Trachtenberg at the helm, having been impressed by his directorial debut 10 Cloverfield Lane. There may not be any choppas to get to in this period film, but if it's even half as intense as The Revenant, we could very well be in for a big surprise in 2022.

Jungle Cruise will hit theaters and Disney+ on Friday, July 30."

visit this link https://collider.com/pred .. e-female-lead/
+4   

best
worst
19 comments

2 months ago '04        #2
jaynat603  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8443 8 K  Slaps total: 973 973
Flop. Just the premise sounds forced already fu*king up the franchise smdh. There's so many dope comics that came out where they would've used as source material like the female yatuja (predator) was the strongest predator of all predators that made Dutch (Arnold's character) almost retired after their battle and both lived as she paid homage to him after f*ghting another super predator together later on (Mexico). Most of the women leads died or have been k*lled due to emotional calls, not logical ones (except Alicia Braga's character that was with Royce from Predators) Unless it's a natural storyline how the female lead had no choice but to lead the crew to survive, it's not gonna do well.

You can hear Dutch's testimony yourself and that really is Arnold speaking

Last edited by jaynat603; 07-28-2021 at 12:13 AM..
+5   

2 months ago '17        #3
1Oh 
Props total: 36101 36 K  Slaps total: 1577 1 K
The fact they're pressing "It's a female lead!" as the main selling point let's me know it probably bout to be some shallow bullsh*t. We had Ripley in Alien like 40 years ago, along with dozens of heroines shoved down our throats in just the past 365 days, this aint no fu*kin accomplishment.
+14   

2 months ago '08        #4
RustyLorcin 
Props total: 2106 2 K  Slaps total: 1711 1 K
Robert Rodriguez is not directing this. So it will be trash. Female hero...trash.

They just pushing political agendas now. Next is a black Superman.

A Mexican nanny or mechanic.

A white supremacist.

A Colombian drug dealer.

An alcoholic Russian.

The usual....

Last edited by RustyLorcin; 07-28-2021 at 12:38 AM..

2 months ago '10        #5
Delbert Mengel 
Props total: 7112 7 K  Slaps total: 1051 1 K
Davis was wise enough to acknowledge how perfect the original Predator movie is, as he even said "it's going to be, I believe, the second best -- or the first... or it may be equal to the first one. Right? I feel like the first one was a wonderful, interesting movie and I know what worked about it. I feel like we kind of never got back there again. We ended up in different places. I think this is a worthy complement to the first one. It's going to be as good."

what a d*ckhead statement
+1   

2 months ago '04        #6
1000bluntz 
Props total: 34787 34 K  Slaps total: 8129 8 K
Yay another female protagonist, how novel.
+2   

2 months ago '16        #7
ghoti 
Props total: 2067 2 K  Slaps total: 146 146
They have trashed this character after the first 2 films. The predator vs alien another Idea that had a lot of potential but lost in translation.

Now they are pushing a female lead as if it's groundbreaking. Every movie out nowadays the female is the strong lead or takes on the characteristics of a man.

I just enjoy watching the scenes with the predators and leave it at that.
+5   

2 months ago '16        #8
Dilated 
Props total: 528 528  Slaps total: 126 126
Trash. Better idea:

Alien vs Predator trilogy based on

Never understood my movie writers want to diverge so hard from the source material and come up with new random sh*t. Just adapt what's there and give us a good r rated (fu*k em kids) movie.
+6   

2 months ago '06        #9
Kingme 
Props total: 20126 20 K  Slaps total: 3549 3 K
This is from the Aliens v Predator production team? Easy pass.
+3   

2 months ago '16        #10
BobbiHeadRagTop  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 85147 85 K  Slaps total: 3937 3 K
Uhhh ok

2 months ago '16        #11
BitterDiesel 
Props total: 18344 18 K  Slaps total: 2306 2 K
 jaynat603 said
flop. Just the premise sounds forced already fu*king up the franchise smdh. there's so many dope comics that came out where they would've used as source material like the female yatuja (predator) was the strongest predator of all predators that made dutch (arnold's character) almost retired after their battle and both lived as she paid homage to him after f*ghting another super predator together later on (mexico). Most of the women leads died or have been k*lled due to emotional calls, not logical ones (except alicia braga's character that was with royce from predators) unless it's a natural storyline how the female lead had no choice but to lead the crew to survive, it's not gonna do well.

You can hear dutch's testimony yourself and that really is arnold speaking

/thread
+2   

2 months ago '16        #12
BitterDiesel 
Props total: 18344 18 K  Slaps total: 2306 2 K
 ghoti said
They have trashed this character after the first 2 films. The predator vs alien another Idea that had a lot of potential but lost in translation.

Now they are pushing a female lead as if it's groundbreaking. Every movie out nowadays the female is the strong lead or takes on the characteristics of a man.

I just enjoy watching the scenes with the predators and leave it at that.
naaah the Predator and Predators was coo. they put in the bad blood canon but focused to much on the characters.. need one from the Predators point of view not the small background why they hunt. ut was a bad blood comic with them crash landed and trapped on the island for decades living very primal and it gave the viewer a background to whats what and why is why.
+2   

2 months ago '13        #13
SimpinAintEz 
Props total: 46870 46 K  Slaps total: 9837 9 K
 1Oh said
The fact they're pressing "It's a female lead!" as the main selling point let's me know it probably bout to be some shallow bullsh*t. We had Ripley in Alien like 40 years ago, along with dozens of heroines shoved down our throats in just the past 365 days, this aint no fu*kin accomplishment.
Not only that, he said it’s always “interesting”. Wtf is so innately interesting about the hero having a v*gina? Just lazy pandering.

I loved female leads like Ridley and Sarah Connor because they were actually interesting and not cast simply off the strength of their gender.

Matter of fact, scrap this sh*t and give me a gotdamn long overdue Metroid movie!

Last edited by SimpinAintEz; 07-28-2021 at 07:04 AM..
+3   

2 months ago '17        #14
DavidTheMan 
Props total: 22091 22 K  Slaps total: 12211 12 K
An origin story?
Hollywood keeps on fu*king up.
If Shane Black can't save it because he is so board with it, you know a hack like these guys can't save it.

No love for the film, just endless uninspired cash ins.
+4   

2 months ago '14        #15
Cuttysark 
Props total: 38485 38 K  Slaps total: 2509 2 K
 RustyLorcin said
Robert Rodriguez is not directing this. So it will be trash. Female hero...trash.

They just pushing political agendas now. Next is a black Superman.

A Mexican nanny or mechanic.

A white supremacist.

A Colombian drug dealer.

An alcoholic Russian.

The usual....

Val Zod exists in the comics as a black superman

Michael B Jordan is not playing Kal El/Clark Kent

Everything is not politcal

2 months ago '05        #16
Muggz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 17675 17 K  Slaps total: 5050 5 K
another female hero lead

2 months ago '06        #17
dagreat1_87 
Props total: 18292 18 K  Slaps total: 929 929
The female lead wouldn't have bothered me if they tied it to the original a good way. The movie should've been about the girl that Arnold and his crew ran into. That would've been a true horror film because she literally would've been running for her life the entire time
+1   

2 months ago '17        #18
DavidTheMan 
Props total: 22091 22 K  Slaps total: 12211 12 K
 Cuttysark said
Val Zod exists in the comics as a black superman

Michael B Jordan is not playing Kal El/Clark Kent

Everything is not politcal
lol,thats a later BS agenda creation that no one likes or cares for.

There is only 1 superman, that is Clark Kent / Cal El
There is only 1 batman, that is Bruce Wayne.

DC has a black green lantern that is famous and beloved, they refuse to use him.
DC has first rights to use any of the black heroes greated by Milestone, Static, Icon, Hardwire and they refuse to use them.
DC has Black Lightening and they fu*ked his character up so bad that they wouldn't even allow the character to be the star of his own series.

If they aren't doing any PC pandering liberal color swaps, they are taking the heroism away from black straight male heroes and giving them to "black powerful women" or making that straight man gay.

This is why comics are dead in the US and why these comic movies are about to start flopping hard.

2 months ago '15        #19
ThatGuy247 
Props total: 2483 2 K  Slaps total: 324 324
Two words......Yautja Prime......

We don’t want to see anything else......

/Thread
+4   

2 months ago '20        #20
adak31 
Props total: 15325 15 K  Slaps total: 463 463
 jaynat603 said
Flop. Just the premise sounds forced already fu*king up the franchise smdh. There's so many dope comics that came out where they would've used as source material like the female yatuja (predator) was the strongest predator of all predators that made Dutch (Arnold's character) almost retired after their battle and both lived as she paid homage to him after f*ghting another super predator together later on (Mexico). Most of the women leads died or have been k*lled due to emotional calls, not logical ones (except Alicia Braga's character that was with Royce from Predators) Unless it's a natural storyline how the female lead had no choice but to lead the crew to survive, it's not gonna do well.

You can hear Dutch's testimony yourself and that really is Arnold speaking

True same thing with aliens I don’t understand why they don’t just take one of the many great comic storylines

+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+67online now  39
Video inside Drake - Buffalo Freestyle Ft Benny The Butcher Official Audio
116 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  32
Image(s) inside Apples creativity died with Steve Jobs
94 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside Mase In A Heated Exchange On Club House: Nas Vs Andre 3000|North Vs Sou..
303 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+158online now  14
Video inside Fawkin’ MOOLIES!!!!
62 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy