Lupe Fiasco breaks down his diss track to Royce 5'9

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 months ago '07        #1
1765 page views
40 comments

Sincere730  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 62730 62 K  Slaps total: 6822 6 K
Lupe Fiasco breaks down his diss track to Royce 5'9

Royce: Get in the ring bi*ch

Lupe:okay

The goal was to make u look crazy

Not lyrical miracle extra syllables wit u

Edit full video

16min mark royce line about white people
Triggered lupe

Last edited by Sincere730; 07-28-2021 at 05:54 PM..
+9   

best
worst
40 comments

2 months ago '21        #2
Dreamcast 
Props total: 6070 6 K  Slaps total: 1441 1 K
lol i like what he said at the end

it reminds me of when this girl said she can't be with a guy who didn't go to college because he may not be able to keep up

i was equally taken aback.. straight hubris
+6   

2 months ago '05        #3
judono?  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 6544 6 K  Slaps total: 1880 1 K
Lupe first 2:30mins of his steve jobs diss song

I fuxx with Lupe

But that sh*t is not hittin. I just went back to listen to it again right now. Lupe knows he can put pen to the pad and write incredible sh*t. On the diss to royce, he just didnt do that. He went with a sloppier approach. Im saying he was quicker to punch-in record, roll with a freestyle it in for a few bars, and overdub record more loose sh*t on this particular song. This is not a top tier Lupe song or performance. Bot with the diss record, and not with his penmanship capabilities. U not going to get a more raw or unbiased feedback than this. Y

Royce smoked his whole sh*t. That royce song is a classic record for royce catalog. He had a moment, and he caught one. Imagine how much sh*t Royce wrote down to get this much content to record a motherfu*kin 6-7 song. Ok. Now imagine the couple different flows he had to review, re-read, scratch out and update words in the sentence so that the syllable would hit correctly. Imagine how many times he had to re-read, and recite his sh*t…. Just so hr could practice hearing them words coming out of his mouth over that beat—- so that sh*t would hit correctly. In addition to the superb writing and penmanship on this song, the man delivered that sh*t so damn nasty—- it is one of the top lyrical performances of 2021. Its about to be fukn August. The year is 2/3 way over with already. And Royce did that sh*t in this song. Same way Lupe done some incredible sh*t to this level before in his own right on some of his previous works. Lupe just aint do that , on this particular Steve Jobs royce diss.

Aint no way people can believe them first 2 1/2 mins of Lupe sh*t anywhere near the first 2 1/2 mins of Royce sh*t.

2 months ago '05        #4
Here is Lupe shxxt

+3   

2 months ago '06        #5
sj808 
Props total: 2376 2 K  Slaps total: 381 381
Corny

2 months ago '19        #6
Bklynzfinest  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 31244 31 K  Slaps total: 4166 4 K
 judono? said

I fuxx with Lupe

But that sh*t is not hittin. I just went back to listen to it again right now. Lupe knows he can put pen to the pad and write incredible sh*t. On the diss to royce, he just didnt do that. He went with a sloppier approach. Im saying he was quicker to punch-in record, roll with a freestyle it in for a few bars, and overdub record more loose sh*t on this particular song. This is not a top tier Lupe song or performance. Bot with the diss record, and not with his penmanship capabilities. U not going to get a more raw or unbiased feedback than this. Y

Royce smoked his whole sh*t. That royce song is a classic record for royce catalog. He had a moment, and he caught one. Imagine how much sh*t Royce wrote down to get this much content to record a motherfu*kin 6-7 song. Ok. Now imagine the couple different flows he had to review, re-read, scratch out and update words in the sentence so that the syllable would hit correctly. Imagine how many times he had to re-read, and recite his sh*t…. Just so hr could practice hearing them words coming out of his mouth over that beat—- so that sh*t would hit correctly. In addition to the superb writing and penmanship on this song, the man delivered that sh*t so damn nasty—- it is one of the top lyrical performances of 2021. Its about to be fukn August. The year is 2/3 way over with already. And Royce did that sh*t in this song. Same way Lupe done some incredible sh*t to this level before in his own right on some of his previous works. Lupe just aint do that , on this particular Steve Jobs royce diss.

Aint no way people can believe them first 2 1/2 mins of Lupe sh*t anywhere near the first 2 1/2 mins of Royce sh*t.
u miss the point of what is effective in a diss record VS what is effective in songwriting
+16   

2 months ago '05        #7
^^^^
I dont think i missed it tho. Royce diss is iller than Lupe diss as well. And wayyy more well written, and a iller song

2 months ago '05        #8

+3   

2 months ago '05        #9
lokey19 
Props total: 927 927  Slaps total: 105 105
I thought I was tripping. This fool said nig with the er …confidently.come on Lub you’re better than that.
+2   

2 months ago '21        #10
AdmRu 
Props total: 3141 3 K  Slaps total: 877 877
That 'MsgBoard' is Us.
+5   

2 months ago '07        #11
Sincere730  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
Props total: 62730 62 K  Slaps total: 6822 6 K
 AdmRu said
That 'MsgBoard' is Us.
Thats a fact

+1   

2 months ago '17        #12
BlackGod 
Props total: 18724 18 K  Slaps total: 3799 3 K
I'm not particularly a fan of either,

I can't get through Royce diss,
I've tried at least 10 times,
It's convoluted.
Is you gonna diss the man or nah?

Idk it might be lyrical miracle spiritual in the swimming pool,
But Lupe song works as a diss,
And y'all dissing each other.
Pay attention.

You see the threads,
People defending Royce,
But they QUOTING Lupe.

Royce copping pleas on that
"It's not a diss"
And Lupe dissed the fu*k out of him,
And made him look stupid.
+6   

2 months ago '17        #13
TrillestTalk404  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 49539 49 K  Slaps total: 8076 8 K
 judono? said

I fuxx with Lupe

You brought up some good points but unfortunately you are getting slapped because you didn't love Lupe's record and that's not acceptable on Boxden. You articulated your reasons well why you liked Royce record but that doesn't matter on here unfortunately. Great post by the way

2 months ago '04        #14
7twelve 
Props total: 36829 36 K  Slaps total: 8248 8 K
 Sincere730 said

Royce: Get in the ring bi*ch

Lupe:okay

The goal was to make u look crazy

Not lyrical miracle extra syllables wit u

royce approaching top 5 corny status.

using the old im the best rapper, calling people out then get murdered and say i dont got time.
+3   

2 months ago '21        #15
freaky culture 
Props total: 600 600  Slaps total: 252 252
both these n*ggas sh*t was snoozy. not because i didn't understand what they were saying—i did, but in this year of our lord cats really rhyming about each other still?

2 months ago '18        #16
BrooklynDamien  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 43293 43 K  Slaps total: 3739 3 K
Let this sh*t die if royce ain't got sh*t else. Feels dead already. Started fu*king with royce with the prhyme sh*t albums, never heard a lupe album or Mickey song until now. I'll give them a listen now. Royce sh*t was good, lupe better, Mickey was left field extra, good metaphors in his sh*t. I don't like his style though. The screaming sounded weird. Decent song, his was the only one I didn't finish. Long a*s battle raps

2 months ago '06        #17
soso24  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 66670 66 K  Slaps total: 8104 8 K
Royce started to sound like Jigga after Ether dropped
+3   

2 months ago '21        #18
Dreamcast 
Props total: 6070 6 K  Slaps total: 1441 1 K
 judono? said

I fuxx with Lupe

i see nothin but facts here

put my glasses on, saw nothin but facts

grabbed my binoculars, saw nothin but facts

picked up a viewmaster, saw nothin but facts
+1   

2 months ago '21        #19
AdmRu 
Props total: 3141 3 K  Slaps total: 877 877
 TrillestTalk404 said
You brought up some good points but unfortunately you are getting slapped because you didn't love Lupe's record and that's not acceptable on Boxden. You articulated your reasons well why you liked Royce record but that doesn't matter on here unfortunately. Great post by the way
I ain't a Stan of either one bit I Do enjoy The Art Of The Battle when it's done by worthy artist...

That and That Alone being the judge,
YOU GOT BAGGED ROYCE.
+4   

2 months ago '15        #20
MIKENIKE2000 
Props total: 395 395  Slaps total: 27 27
 judono? said

I fuxx with Lupe

......Royce I told you on the last thread just get in the booth!!!!
+2   

2 months ago '15        #21
AmillionMo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 28079 28 K  Slaps total: 8063 8 K
 judono? said

I fuxx with Lupe

Lupe already said what everyone said. It was a lyrical masterpiece but we already knew he was super lyrical. Let me ask you a few questions. Is Royce more lyrical than Lupe? Does Royce have better songs than Lupe? Who had the better diss? My answers are: Lupe, Lupe and Lupe. I think this was also Lupe's point. Everyone knows Lupe is more lyrical and has better songs. That sh*t will never change. No one knew who would win a rap battle tho. Had Royce dissed Lupe the whole time while being that lyrical, he may have won and it woulda forced Lupe to respond differently. Royce let Lupe off the hook and he lost because of it! U don't call a man a bi*ch and tell him to jump in the ring, just to dedicate 5 bars to this nicca in a 7min song! He set himself up. Royce shoulda approached the sh*t like Mickey Factz did. Thing is, he about to smoke Mickey because he finna do what he shoulda done to Lupe. He missed an opportunity that he can never get back.
+5   

2 months ago '05        #22
I cant agree with nobody in here slappin my sh*t. And i cant agree with Lupe perspective on this one. Royce aint even come on no ‘lyrical myrical eating cereal’ material. I juuuust listened to his sh*t again on the way to the gym this morning. Royce was so clear and concise.

Here goes some ‘lyrical miracle’ example. (Royce aint do this:)

Stupider than a astronaut claimin he went to jupiter in a 1987 cutlass, bi*ch we still aint been to mars yet/

Im launchin star sets ***
while you aint even start yet/
The whole purpose of writing the song was to see who finessed they bars best/
You remind me of an ardvark in the park after dark looking for some ants to spark/
You remind me of that dolphin you wrote about on your last album/
Im the great white shark swimming beside you in the ocean, can you guess the outcome?/
Im the infinity gauntlet swooping down with the grace of a falcon, feel my talon/

^^^
That is some bullsh*t that is colorful to write and spit. That bullsh*t “ardvark in the park” line is an example of what Lupe and industry heads know to be doing that ole “lyrical miracle” bullsh*t. The other lines are a little creative, and could be considered to be slightly humurous. Depending on the beat and the flow and delivery, that is a nice start. Not extremely topical. A bit abstract version of a freeform hiphop song.

^^^^
There goes a pretty clean a*sessment, in my opinion, of the material we was presented with. Lol.

All i’m saying, is to me, i couldnt have been more down the middle.
i cant understand how Lupe and whoever in here slapping is trying to knock or slight Royce for being ‘lyrical miracle’ on his song. That is incorrect and foul. It’s also being dismissive as fu*k, because his sh*t was so nice, it was a masterful creative moment for that man. Royce should put that pen he used when he wrote that song in a nice glass case somewhere, and frame that pen. Because 20 years from now, when we are analyzing how lame and lackluster hiphop was in the year 2021, Royce had one of the brightest moments of the year. Using that pen to write that scathing (lol) diss track. And that pen right there?
That motherfu*kr belongs in a glass case, displayed for all to see, for decades to come

2 months ago '05        #23

2 months ago '05        #24
+1   

2 months ago '15        #25
Lakehxuse 
Props total: 2606 2 K  Slaps total: 607 607
Where did the beef start? Was it the Ransom Rj Payne video naming their top 5 that triggered Royce? I've got time to k*ll so I want to listen to the beef from the beginning to the diss tracks, if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+42online now  62
Video inside Sniper Gang Artist Wiz Da Wizard k*lled In Florida
116 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  42
Sep 17 - The border crisis at del rio,texas
124 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  25
Image(s) inside Brian Pumper aka Michael Marcellus Felton Is Currently Looked Up On s*..
105 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+16online now  21
"Beat box" rapper spotemgotem SHOT 9 times
222 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy