Several US states are banning gaming PCs

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
53 replies  @wild'ish

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 months ago '08        #1
3276 page views
59 comments

stead21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 11748 11 K  Slaps total: 1833 1 K

PC gaming is about to get a whole lot less impressive across several US states. California, Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington are banning the most powerful gaming PCs due to new power consumption regulations. As a result, retailers are blocking orders containing top components to these six states. In effect, it’s a government-issued gaming PC ban that could also impact other hobbies and industries.

Is California banning gaming PCs?

California, Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington are beginning to prevent gamers from buying high-spec gaming PCs due to power consumption regulations. Adding certain components to a PC can result in it breaching power consumption rules, effectively locking gamers in these states out of the highest settings and best gaming experience.

The new rules have been incoming since 2016, with the completion forecast for July 2021. California residents can read the compliance advisory on appliance efficiency regulations for computers and monitors here. Although California isn’t the only state adopting these regulations, it’s arguably the most surprising as the home of Silicon Valley.

Desktop PC and monitor combos can consume several times as much energy as laptops, notebooks, and tablet computers. As a result, they’re a specific focus of the new legislation. Although desktop builds aren’t banned outright, consumers won’t be able to outfit them with all of the highest-end components.

According to one Redditor, Dell refuses to deliver PCs containing a Ryzen 5800 CPU and an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GPU. In the future, as components presumably become even more power-hungry, more potential builds could be taken off the table. Games consoles like the Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 aren’t coming under fire, however, which could lead to an increase in adoption rates.

In other hardware news, be sure to download the new iPhone update ASAP. iOS 14.7.1 contains “important” security solutions that Apple recommends for everyone.

In terms of gaming, Okami is coming to Monster Hunter Rise as a ridable mount — sooner than expected, too. There’s also a mysterious countdown in Fortnite that may be leading to a famous musician’s debut.

visit this link https://www.gamerevolutio .. ont-washington
+8   

best
worst
59 comments

2 months ago '21        #2
FRAZZELDRIP 
Props total: 3477 3 K  Slaps total: 1151 1 K
Lol f*gs

+26   

2 months ago '20        #3
Keep God First 
Props total: 11271 11 K  Slaps total: 10278 10 K
them sh*ts is trash anyways

2 months ago '12        #4
halochicken  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4911 4 K  Slaps total: 610 610
the fact that we have people broke homeless and staving, people who stormed the capitol because they thought the election was rigged, detroit still doesn't have clean water, mass shooting all over america and the list fu*king goes on

but banning gaming pc's made it to the top of the list is nothing short of remarkable.
+102   

2 months ago '17        #5
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 75665 75 K  Slaps total: 25983 25 K
Lmfao thank God I moved back to Florida
+3   

2 months ago '12        #6
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 181290 181 K  Slaps total: 10566 10 K
PCs due to power consumption regulations.

The article points out the real reason, then acts like it's a ban on pc's because of the actual gpus later on in the write up. Its a ban on some of those sh*tty overpriced Pre-built joints that don't adhere to power consumption rules. You could go to any store selling PC Components and build systems or order joints within the regulations that are even stronger than the type they're targeting and get a power supply thats within regulations and still game no problem.
+20   

2 months ago '07        #7
JoeDoe22 
Props total: 2467 2 K  Slaps total: 91 91
They’re just going to create a black market.
+12   

2 months ago '06        #8
Be Easy 
Props total: 16217 16 K  Slaps total: 1962 1 K
boys deregulated guns and banned pcs
+12   

Top 10 most propped recently  2 months ago '19        #9
aaf192020 
Props total: 42739 42 K  Slaps total: 4103 4 K
Hawaii is always jumping on board to do some dumb shxt! Fxcking "Look at me too" mfers. Our government won't even let us fully invest in crypto but you can get your dxck wet at massage parlors as a consolation.
+9   

2 months ago '11        #10
Silencer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 25672 25 K  Slaps total: 1067 1 K
Or they dont just want people profiting from mining coins.
+22   

2 months ago '16        #11
Quinn 
Props total: 7010 7 K  Slaps total: 1644 1 K
Bait title, see below

+13   

2 months ago '18        #12
Txheat 
Props total: 35170 35 K  Slaps total: 2669 2 K
This will likely be the next business plan for companies like Microsoft, Nvidia, etc.

Have a Remote Desktop with all the same specs you want just pay a monthly subscription to access it

I think Nvidia has something like that already.
+7   

2 months ago '21        #13
nodayzoffatl  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 18859 18 K  Slaps total: 2428 2 K
 FRAZZELDRIP said
Lol f*gs

pC mAsTeR rAcE

2 months ago '17        #14
Nosbig 
Props total: 3901 3 K  Slaps total: 604 604
 Txheat said
This will likely be the next business plan for companies like Microsoft, Nvidia, etc.

Have a Remote Desktop with all the same specs you want just pay a monthly subscription to access it

Cloud gaming , Xbox, nividia and soon to be netflix have it. But America is wild , banning pcs for power consumption reasons is ridiculous
+4   

2 months ago '17        #15
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 75665 75 K  Slaps total: 25983 25 K
 Txheat said

Yep.

Everything is pretty much fu*ked tbh. Gunning for an all digital everything future was a mistake imo.
+8   

2 months ago '20        #16
Ball Man  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 6197 6 K  Slaps total: 461 461
Sounds shady asf imo
+4   

2 months ago '06        #17
Sammyboi22 
Props total: 7189 7 K  Slaps total: 726 726
 halochicken said
the fact that we have people broke homeless and staving, people who stormed the capitol because they thought the election was rigged, detroit still doesn't have clean water, mass shooting all over america and the list fu*king goes on

but banning gaming pc's made it to the top of the list is nothing short of remarkable.
Just goes to show they aren’t really doing sh*t. They shuffle papers, tap dance for the cameras and then pass some bulsh*t that’s easy. No one wants to actually do the work, just take the easy W and campaign again.
+4   

2 months ago '21        #18
FRAZZELDRIP 
Props total: 3477 3 K  Slaps total: 1151 1 K
 nodayzoffatl said
pC mAsTeR rAcE

What's the logic in paying for a system that cost the same without a computer? and PC has better graphics than PS5 and Xbox series x

I don't care about a gay console war leave me out of it Especially after I saw a picture of graphics of a PC compared to PS5 and the PC destroyed that sh*t. fu*k Sony they k*lled fbg duck and try to do Michael Jackson dirty. Xbox ain't sh*t but just a console also.

2 months ago '08        #19
EMER1TUS 
Props total: 38292 38 K  Slaps total: 6091 6 K
Bout to fire up my PS5 and give a few n*ggas some work in madden
+5   

2 months ago '20        #20
blackpillblack 
Props total: 12122 12 K  Slaps total: 5206 5 K
My eBay account give zero fu*ks… hmu if you need hardware
+5   

2 months ago '15        #21
Truthseeker007 
Props total: 3723 3 K  Slaps total: 583 583
 FRAZZELDRIP said
Lol f*gs

I slapped, but your right, pc gamers are getting fu*ked. Prices just started coming down on graphics cards. I'm not a pc gamer, but this still affects my ability to build a strong desktop in the future.

2 months ago '17        #22
Its 
Props total: 21243 21 K  Slaps total: 1808 1 K
Lol these n*ggas wild
I hope the ppl don't let them get away with that bullsh*t
+1   

2 months ago '04        #23
Liquid-Science 
Props total: 2598 2 K  Slaps total: 507 507
PC Master Race is outta here...LMFAO

2 months ago '17        #24
Fortune  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 50463 50 K  Slaps total: 3814 3 K
Where you think you going with all that computing power
+1   

2 months ago '08        #25
Pyrex  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 12464 12 K  Slaps total: 15046 15 K
Please tell me this isn't true. Good thing I already have my gaming PC.. looks like it just went up infinitely in value

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+46online now  29
How The Air Jordan 1 High OG “Georgetown” Looks On-Feet
45 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+47online now  25
Article inside Dying Careers to Avoid
159 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+16online now  15
Karen Civil getting called out by Nipsey's people on Clubhouse, she's in atten..
389 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+214online now  7
cleveland is wild
133 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy