online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Several US states are banning gaming PCs

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

3 years ago '08        #1
4434 page views
59 comments

stead21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 19007 19 K  Slaps total: 2787 2 K

PC gaming is about to get a whole lot less impressive across several US states. California, Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington are banning the most powerful gaming PCs due to new power consumption regulations. As a result, retailers are blocking orders containing top components to these six states. In effect, it’s a government-issued gaming PC ban that could also impact other hobbies and industries.

Is California banning gaming PCs?

California, Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington are beginning to prevent gamers from buying high-spec gaming PCs due to power consumption regulations. Adding certain components to a PC can result in it breaching power consumption rules, effectively locking gamers in these states out of the highest settings and best gaming experience.

The new rules have been incoming since 2016, with the completion forecast for July 2021. California residents can read the compliance advisory on appliance efficiency regulations for computers and monitors here. Although California isn’t the only state adopting these regulations, it’s arguably the most surprising as the home of Silicon Valley.

Desktop PC and monitor combos can consume several times as much energy as laptops, notebooks, and tablet computers. As a result, they’re a specific focus of the new legislation. Although desktop builds aren’t banned outright, consumers won’t be able to outfit them with all of the highest-end components.

According to one Redditor, Dell refuses to deliver PCs containing a Ryzen 5800 CPU and an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GPU. In the future, as components presumably become even more power-hungry, more potential builds could be taken off the table. Games consoles like the Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 aren’t coming under fire, however, which could lead to an increase in adoption rates.

In other hardware news, be sure to download the new iPhone update ASAP. iOS 14.7.1 contains “important” security solutions that Apple recommends for everyone.

In terms of gaming, Okami is coming to Monster Hunter Rise as a ridable mount — sooner than expected, too. There’s also a mysterious countdown in Fortnite that may be leading to a famous musician’s debut.

https://www.gamerevolutio .. ont-washington
+8   

icon
best
icon
worst
59 comments

3 years ago '21        #2
FRAZZELDRIP 
Props total: 9538 9 K  Slaps total: 4443 4 K
Lol f@gs

emoji
+26   

3 years ago '20        #3
God is Good 
Props total: 23088 23 K  Slaps total: 22003 22 K
them sh1ts is trash anyways

3 years ago '12        #4
halochicken  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12560 12 K  Slaps total: 1875 1 K
the fact that we have people broke homeless and staving, people who stormed the capitol because they thought the election was rigged, detroit still doesn't have clean water, ma$s shooting all over america and the list fu#king goes on

but banning gaming pc's made it to the top of the list is nothing short of remarkable.
+102   

3 years ago '17        #5
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 124620 124 K  Slaps total: 48364 48 K
Lmfao thank God I moved back to Florida
+3   

3 years ago '12        #6
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 227863 227 K  Slaps total: 13520 13 K
PCs due to power consumption regulations.

The article points out the real reason, then acts like it's a ban on pc's because of the actual gpus later on in the write up. Its a ban on some of those sh1tty overpriced Pre-built joints that don't adhere to power consumption rules. You could go to any store selling PC Components and build systems or order joints within the regulations that are even stronger than the type they're targeting and get a power supply thats within regulations and still game no problem.
+20   

3 years ago '07        #7
JoeDoe22 
Props total: 4625 4 K  Slaps total: 196 196
They’re just going to create a black market.
+12   

3 years ago '06        #8
Be Easy 
Props total: 31850 31 K  Slaps total: 3573 3 K
boys deregulated guns and banned pcs
+12   

3 years ago '19        #9
aaf192020  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 144430 144 K  Slaps total: 17448 17 K
Hawaii is always jumping on board to do some dumb shxt! Fxcking "Look at me too" mfers. Our government won't even let us fully invest in crypto but you can get your dxck wet at massage parlors as a consolation.
+9   

3 years ago '11        #10
Silencer  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 67553 67 K  Slaps total: 2820 2 K
Or they dont just want people profiting from mining coins.
+22   

3 years ago '16        #11
Quinn 
Props total: 20132 20 K  Slaps total: 3638 3 K
Bait title, see below

🔗

+13   

3 years ago '18        #12
Txheat 
Props total: 46700 46 K  Slaps total: 3328 3 K
This will likely be the next business plan for companies like Microsoft, Nvidia, etc.

Have a Remote Desktop with all the same specs you want just pay a monthly subscription to access it
emoji

I think Nvidia has something like that already.
+7   

3 years ago '21        #13
nodayzoffatl  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 31909 31 K  Slaps total: 4025 4 K
 FRAZZELDRIP said 🔗
Lol f@gs

emoji
pC mAsTeR rAcE

emoji

3 years ago '17        #14
Nosbig 
Props total: 9702 9 K  Slaps total: 1626 1 K
 Txheat said 🔗
This will likely be the next business plan for companies like Microsoft, Nvidia, etc.

Have a Remote Desktop with all the same specs you want just pay a monthly subscription to access it
emoji

Cloud gaming , Xbox, nividia and soon to be netflix have it. But America is wild , banning pcs for power consumption reasons is ridiculous
+4   

3 years ago '17        #15
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 124620 124 K  Slaps total: 48364 48 K
 Txheat said 🔗

emoji

Yep.

Everything is pretty much fu#ked tbh. Gunning for an all digital everything future was a mistake imo.
+8   

3 years ago '20        #16
Ball Man  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 14321 14 K  Slaps total: 1685 1 K
Sounds shady asf imo
+4   

3 years ago '06        #17
Sammyboi22 
Props total: 14943 14 K  Slaps total: 1417 1 K
 halochicken said 🔗
the fact that we have people broke homeless and staving, people who stormed the capitol because they thought the election was rigged, detroit still doesn't have clean water, ma$s shooting all over america and the list fu#king goes on

but banning gaming pc's made it to the top of the list is nothing short of remarkable.
Just goes to show they aren’t really doing sh1t. They shuffle papers, tap dance for the cameras and then pa$s some bulsh1t that’s easy. No one wants to actually do the work, just take the easy W and campaign again.
+4   

3 years ago '21        #18
FRAZZELDRIP 
Props total: 9538 9 K  Slaps total: 4443 4 K
 nodayzoffatl said 🔗
pC mAsTeR rAcE

emoji
What's the logic in paying for a system that cost the same without a computer? and PC has better graphics than PS5 and Xbox series x

I don't care about a g@y console war leave me out of it Especially after I saw a picture of graphics of a PC compared to PS5 and the PC destroyed that sh1t. fu#k Sony they ki1led fbg duck and try to do Michael Jackson dirty. Xbox ain't sh1t but just a console also.

3 years ago '08        #19
EMER1TUS 
Props total: 61022 61 K  Slaps total: 8266 8 K
Bout to fire up my PS5 and give a few n1ggas some work in madden
emoji
+5   

3 years ago '15        #20
Truthseeker007 
Props total: 6542 6 K  Slaps total: 1402 1 K
 FRAZZELDRIP said 🔗
Lol f@gs

emoji
I slapped, but your right, pc gamers are getting fu#ked. Prices just started coming down on graphics cards. I'm not a pc gamer, but this still affects my ability to build a strong desktop in the future.

3 years ago '17        #21
Its 
Props total: 65896 65 K  Slaps total: 5198 5 K
Lol these n1ggas wild
I hope the ppl don't let them get away with that bullsh1t
+1   

3 years ago '04        #22
Liquid-Science  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 12372 12 K  Slaps total: 2416 2 K
PC Master Race is outta here...LMFAO

3 years ago '17        #23
Fortune  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 53473 53 K  Slaps total: 3992 3 K
Where you think you going with all that computing power
emoji
+1   

3 years ago '08        #24
Pyrex  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 13772 13 K  Slaps total: 16173 16 K
Please tell me this isn't true. Good thing I already have my gaming PC.. looks like it just went up infinitely in value

3 years ago '17        #25
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x27
Props total: 282689 282 K  Slaps total: 27250 27 K
 Quinn said 🔗
Bait title, see below

↪🔗
I was just about to post this.
+2   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding
99 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
props-278
Image(s) inside The difference between a 30 year old in the 80s vs 2024
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+827
Image(s) inside Damn she living like that
125 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside What happened to 1994 atl cold case murdered pulled over in traffic
9 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop