Simone Biles not injured withdrew for mental reasons already attacked

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section sports

2 months ago '04        #1
7991 page views
356 comments

jlandryst  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x43
Props total: 16542 16 K  Slaps total: 1630 1 K
Simone Biles not injured withdrew for mental reasons already attacked

Legendary USA gymnast Simone Biles competed in the vault during the team final at the Tokyo Olympics, but abruptly pulled out thereafter due to what one Team USA coach described as “a mental issue.”

Al Butler of UPI.com passed along the news about Biles’ alleged reasoning for bowing out, which was reported on the NBC broadcast.

Biles won four gold medals and a bronze in the 2016 Summer Games and has won 19 golds in the World Championships over the years. The 24-year-old phenom has multiple gymnastics skills named after her as she’s broken new ground in the sport.

This situation is difficult to read, and can be speculated about in a variety of ways. Biles has been vocal about her criticism of Team USA gymnastics in the past, particularly regarding the Larry Nassar abuse scandal.

Her pulling out of the team competition probably has nothing to do with that, but is worth noting as context.

Last edited by jlandryst; 07-27-2021 at 06:59 AM..
+16   

best
worst
356 comments

2 months ago '18        #2
HoopLife88 
Props total: 38964 38 K  Slaps total: 5106 5 K
I'm tired of the mental health excuse

2 months ago '04        #3
abstractq 
Props total: 26710 26 K  Slaps total: 4733 4 K
 HoopLife88 said
do you not believe it is a real thing?
+37   

2 months ago '18        #4
HoopLife88 
 abstractq said
do you not believe it is a real thing?
Yes but these athletes blaming their mental health after a bad game or performance is starting to annoy me
+72   

2 months ago '07        #5
pete jr 
Props total: 8889 8 K  Slaps total: 953 953
Mental strength is a real quality. Seems like today’s athletes aren’t working on their mental health to deal with these issues when they arise
+86   

2 months ago '06        #6
soso24  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x15
Props total: 67687 67 K  Slaps total: 8167 8 K
American athletes have gotten soft... Naomi Osaka, Kevin Love, Ryan Garcia, and now this... And the media has pacified them...

2 months ago '06        #7
nightmare  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 6024 6 K  Slaps total: 221 221
im not going to speak on the specifics of the situation as i dont know what sh*t is going on behind the scenes

but i can guarantee that her loudest critics will be people who never competed for sh*t, much less at that level
+123   

2 months ago '16        #8
Negusis  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 32605 32 K  Slaps total: 3843 3 K
 soso24 said
American athletes have gotten soft... Naomi Osaka, Kevin Love, Ryan Garcia, and now this... And the media has pacified them...
 pete jr said
Mental strength is a real quality. Seems like todays athletes arent working on their mental health to deal with these issues when they arise
Athletes nowadays have to deal with more than any athlete in any era. They are at their apex level of mental stress. But people who never competed for anything shell out the advice of "'shrug it off".
+76   

2 months ago '17        #9
Pythagoras 
Props total: 42247 42 K  Slaps total: 8853 8 K
 soso24 said
Naomi Osaka is not American.
+19   

2 months ago '07        #10
sleep23rd 
Props total: 14365 14 K  Slaps total: 6356 6 K
all our minority athletes should withdraw from participation from the Olympics or at least representing USA until we get our priorities straight as Americans.
how tf they want us to represent them?

fu*k THEY...
+68   

2 months ago '05        #11
POSITIVITY  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x58
Props total: 99932 99 K  Slaps total: 59529 59 K
Damn

2 months ago '04        #12
abstractq 
Props total: 26710 26 K  Slaps total: 4733 4 K
 HoopLife88 said
Yes but these athletes blaming their mental health after a bad game or performance is starting to annoy me
i'm saying

these athletes aint growin up in the same environment as they did 25 years ago where a choke job might get a couple days of bad headlines and they might receive a couple pieces of hate mail

24 hour news cycles and social media are putting some of these athletes in a pressure cooker that they arent built for
+50   

2 months ago '13        #13
FNLNGKG 
Props total: 15504 15 K  Slaps total: 1333 1 K
 Negusis said
Athletes nowadays have to deal with more than any athlete in any era. They are at their apex level of mental stress. But people who never competed for anything shell out the advice of "'shrug it off".
the equivalent of shut up & entertain...
+19   

2 months ago '18        #14
HoopLife88 
 abstractq said
i'm saying

these athletes aint growin up in the same environment as they did 25 years ago where a choke job might get a couple days of bad headlines and they might receive a couple pieces of hate mail

24 hour news cycles and social media are putting some of these athletes in a pressure cooker that they arent built for
True.

2 months ago '06        #15
 Negusis said
Athletes have gotten rewarded way more financially doing WAY LESS than athletes of the past

There are no two-a-day practices in the NFL

You rarely have full contact practices in the NFL

You rarely see NBA players play all 82 games

Load management has run rampant in the NBA

NBA players don't play back to back games

MLB pitchers get scratched for hangnails...

Boxers using mental health as an excuse to back out of tough f*ghts...

Yeah, these athletes got soft
+35   

2 months ago '16        #16
 soso24 said
Athletes have gotten rewarded way more financially doing WAY LESS than athletes of the past

There are no two-a-day practices in the NFL

You rarely have full contact practices in the NFL

You rarely see NBA players play all 82 games

Load management has run rampant in the NBA

NBA players don't play back to back games

MLB pitchers get scratched for hangnails...

Boxers using mental health as an excuse to back out of tough f*ghts...

Yeah, these athletes got soft
Did any of those previous athletes have to deal with the mental pressures of the day to day athletes?

NO.

Even Michael Jordan didn't want to do that Bulls documentary because he didn't want to deal with the pressure from today's society. This is the guy you all say is so mentally tough, but he was duckin that fade from today's pressure. But you call today's athletes soft.
+32   

2 months ago '06        #17
 Pythagoras said
Naomi Osaka is not American.
She came to America at 3... She was raised over here
+12   

2 months ago '06        #18
xastey 
Props total: 8978 8 K  Slaps total: 657 657
Not having her family or even audience has to play a roll in this. But also failing to do a vault in full (1.5 turns vs 2.5 turns) must have really hurt her.

Hope she's doing fine but it does suck to pull out if NOT for an injury in the Olympics . Yall can hate but who knows if they will make it to the next one.. life is short. Hope they still win a Gold. Kids not built the same way as the old days. fu*k social media lol
+3   

2 months ago '18        #19
Illmatic826z  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 8921 8 K  Slaps total: 1552 1 K
So basically …..

“If I’m winning I’m the GOAT, if I’m not doing too well then…
My mental health is most important, it’s time to step away from the activity I literally trained 4 years to compete in.”

Gtfoh

So now the new wave is

“If I’m losing then it’s a mental health issue”

Funny how these athletes never say
“Nah I won’t be able to sign your endorsement deal, I’m having mental health issues”

“Nah I can’t accept this G wagon and star in your commercial, I’m having mental health issues”

They never seem to have a mental health issue until they are fu*king losing
+25   

2 months ago '14        #20
Nemohoes95 
Props total: 19842 19 K  Slaps total: 2323 2 K
fu*k it more black people should quit that bullsh*t a*s Olympics. More and more athletes are realizing that this sports sh*t is not life it’s just a job.
+11   

2 months ago '14        #21
Sphynx 
Props total: 101386 101 K  Slaps total: 26696 26 K
I get it but this generation obsessed with mental health, and not in a healthy way.

Unrelated to Simone: Seems like now a days you get props if you get on Twitter and talk about your "depression and anxiety" so there's an incentive for these kids to lean into it for attention. Like how EVERYBODY in Gen Z got "depression and anxiety" and on anti-depressants? It's Big Pharmas wet dream
+24   

2 months ago '15        #22
Tully Blanchard 
Props total: 133611 133 K  Slaps total: 5561 5 K
Hate to see that happen to the young sister but
+1   

2 months ago '08        #23
bkid  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
Props total: 21308 21 K  Slaps total: 1808 1 K
it's always the people who never competed, never did sh*t but watch, the first ones saying "they soft", "i'm tired of this excuse", etc

bum motherfu*kers

mental is 75% of the performance
+15   

2 months ago '16        #24
 Sphynx said
I get it but this generation obsessed with mental health, and not in a healthy way.

Unrelated to Simone: Seems like now a days you get props if you get on Twitter and talk about your "depression and anxiety" so there's an incentive for these kids to lean into it for attention. Like how EVERYBODY in Gen Z got "depression and anxiety" and on anti-depressants? It's Big Pharmas wet dream
Maybe if some athletes would get help with their depression and anxiety in the previous eras, they wouldn't have turned to drug abuse, suicide, homicide and all the other bad behavior that was covered up in the media.

Cause we act like these guys that held in it were better off. They weren't. Just look at how many of them turned out.
+12   

2 months ago '13        #25
Phenom354 
Props total: 44974 44 K  Slaps total: 3116 3 K
 HoopLife88 said
I'll let her know you're disappointed
+14   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+184online now  26