online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

EA is Working On Basketball Games For Next-Generation Consoles

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

3 years ago '12        #1
2787 page views
58 comments

OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 227863 227 K  Slaps total: 13520 13 K
EA is Working On Basketball Games For Next-Generation Consoles

Electronic Arts apparently isn't finished with basketball quite yet. While NBA Live went dormant in 2019, Axios reports that the sports giant is working on "next-generation" basketball games that could revive EA's fortunes in the space.

"We've got some next-generation HD basketball projects that we have been talking about and designing and working on," EA Sports general manager Daryl Holt said.

In this instance, "high definition" is shorthand for consoles — meaning the a next-gen platform like the Xbox Series X|S or PS5 rather than a mobile device.

If EA's projects reach fruition, they will be its first foray into the space since NBA Live 19's release in 2018. EA's attempts to produce a successful basketball game have mostly misfired since the attempt to reboot the series as NBA Elite in 2010. This has allowed NBA 2K to effectively monopolize the space over the past decade.

What form EA's basketball projects ultimately take remain a mystery. Asked whether EA has a licensing deal in place with the NBA, Holt said, "Definitely around mobile. And then we're in discussions about what we want to do on the HD front."

NBA 2k22 First Screenshots

3 IMAGES

EA is currently in the midst of a major expansion of its sports offerings. It recently completed a deal to acquire racing sim developer Codemasters, announcing GRID Legends during last week's EA Play conference. In addition to this acquisition, Holt told Axios that EA is exploring "new business models" and "new geographies" as it tries to double its sports audience from 230 million players to more than 500 million over the next five years.

For now, as with its impending return to college football, it appears to be very early days for EA's attempt to make a new basketball game. Madden NFL and FIFA will once again lead EA's sports games this fall, with NHL to be revealed at a later date. You can check out our recent hands-on preview of FIFA 22 right here.
 https://www.ign.com/artic .. -sports-return
+6   

icon
best
icon
worst
58 comments

3 years ago '07        #2
KeepinItTrill 
Props total: 113737 113 K  Slaps total: 6981 6 K
they're still trying to revive wack a$s Live
emoji
+18   

3 years ago '09        #3
GREAT1NE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 32930 32 K  Slaps total: 4862 4 K
Need to be doing anther NBA Street type basketball game, it lends itself to great online play too. Live is never gonna be what it was, 2K has a monopoly there
+29   

3 years ago '15        #4
Shifty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30956 30 K  Slaps total: 7287 7 K
I like NBA2K, but I'm open to something new as long as they're doing their best to give us a good product.

emoji
+12   

3 years ago '11        #5
Joey B 
Props total: 718 718  Slaps total: 54 54
I guess the competition will actually be good for 2k. Hopefully it’s actual competition and not another half assed attempt.
+16   

3 years ago '05        #6
siggiddy 
Props total: 2330 2 K  Slaps total: 263 263
Why can't Sony make a basketball game anymore? Imagine The Show, but NBA. Man.
+27   

3 years ago '10        #7
#JewLife 
Props total: 26543 26 K  Slaps total: 6299 6 K
 GREAT1NE said 🔗
Need to be doing anther NBA Street type basketball game, it lends itself to great online play too. Live is never gonna be what it was, 2K has a monopoly there
disagree. with the effect streamers can have on the popularity of games .... an upgraded version of live + a week of sponsoring streamers to play it on twitch will have the live equivalent of the Park poppin
+4   

3 years ago '09        #8
GREAT1NE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 32930 32 K  Slaps total: 4862 4 K
 #j3wLife said 🔗
disagree. with the effect streamers can have on the popularity of games .... an upgraded version of live + a week of sponsoring streamers to play it on twitch will have the live equivalent of the Park poppin
I might agree if this wasn’t attempt number 4-5 now. Lol. 2K has this genre on lock and that’s not changing anytime soon
+1   

3 years ago '14        #9
Swade009  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 25008 25 K  Slaps total: 15294 15 K
 #j3wLife said 🔗
I legit don't think yall understand how bad EA is....

2k and Madden's issues are nothing alike

One company has legitimately left posters of the previous year in their game and doesn't even use full body scans. EA is legit just a trash company.
+10   

3 years ago '18        #10
KdenIII 
Props total: 43375 43 K  Slaps total: 6350 6 K
should be smart and completely rebrand it, no more live and a whole different engine.

they should know by now Live is an L
+3   

3 years ago '20        #11
OhSoCalbo 
Props total: 8511 8 K  Slaps total: 4943 4 K
 GREAT1NE said 🔗
Did you like NBA playground?
+1   

3 years ago '13        #12
hoodnurd 
Props total: 6997 6 K  Slaps total: 747 747
Reopen the ea big department drop all the sports streets series nfl nba hell even fifa, nhl would have a nice feel to it if you do a combo of blitz like free for all types vibe and since we’re playing in the winter here bring back ssx.
+3   

3 years ago '10        #13
#JewLife 
Props total: 26543 26 K  Slaps total: 6299 6 K
 hoodnurd said 🔗
Reopen the ea big department drop all the sports streets series nfl nba hell even fifa, nhl would have a nice feel to it if you do a combo of blitz like free for all types vibe and since we’re playing in the winter here bring back ssx.
those type of games dont survive in this market. those are mobile gaming quality level .... noone getting competitive on an nba street game
+3   

3 years ago '18        #14
Mr Tibbs 
Props total: 51271 51 K  Slaps total: 4830 4 K
 hoodnurd said 🔗
EA hates money.
+2   

3 years ago '15        #15
blo23 
Props total: 261 261  Slaps total: 69 69
So basically they have nothing
+1   

3 years ago '05        #16
JohnnyCage202  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x42
Props total: 188968 188 K  Slaps total: 9280 9 K
If they do I hope they get the ESPN license...

...this sh1t be gettin me hype:

🔗

+1   

3 years ago '11        #17
mhurricane266 
Props total: 1260 1 K  Slaps total: 49 49
Can they drop this shi already? It’s over, I’m tired of hearing this every odd ending year.
+2   

3 years ago '12        #18
OldBusiness  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5 OP
Props total: 227863 227 K  Slaps total: 13520 13 K
I wish they would go for the Street type joint, but like @🔗 said that would probably be more suited for the mobile market nowadays

We need some competition, but I think they need to let that license go lol
+1   

3 years ago '12        #19
iamsweets 
Props total: 12521 12 K  Slaps total: 880 880
 KdenIII said 🔗
should be smart and completely rebrand it, no more live and a whole different engine.

they should know by now Live is an L
they tried that too with NBA Elite
+2   

3 years ago '04        #20
franchise  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 14326 14 K  Slaps total: 1344 1 K

+17   

3 years ago '10        #21
pacman45  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 27822 27 K  Slaps total: 905 905
 GREAT1NE said 🔗
Sadly EA doesn't remember how to take risks and make amazing games that stand out anymore. They're too busy following waves instead of creating them. Hence why we are getting a dead space remake out of nowhere instead of a brand new entry to the series.
+1   

3 years ago '16        #22
Too Nooice  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 25515 25 K  Slaps total: 1186 1 K
NBA Streets or nothing
+1   

3 years ago '08        #23
Trophykn1ght 
Props total: 7595 7 K  Slaps total: 1029 1 K
nah, incredibly unlikely, there's a whole anti-basketball thing at EA at this point because of how badly they were embarrassed. They convinced themselves that there's no money in basketball or other "urban" video games (including street, fight night).

I asked a friend that works for them and they said they're more likely to bring back FIFA street than NBA street. If it's true I'd love to see it.
+1   

3 years ago '12        #24
djgist 
Props total: 7414 7 K  Slaps total: 1594 1 K
March madness 2025?

3 years ago '20        #25
witchdoctor  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5075 5 K  Slaps total: 296 296
Can they get Madden right first damn.
+2   

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+4110
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Birdman and slim pull up to a drake j cole concert
21 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+336
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
286 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+526
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish