Xbox Series X and PS5’s GPU Differences Are “Not That Significant,” Says Dev

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 months ago '05        #1
824 page views
30 comments

GodzMustBeCrazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7504 7 K  Slaps total: 1620 1 K

The Parasight CEO Bartosz Kapron gives an interesting insight about the differences between the PS5 and Xbox Series X on the GPU front.
Posted By Usaid
On 26th, Jul. 2021

In an interview with Gamingbolt, The Parasight CEO Bartosz Kapron gave some interesting insights about the difference between the PS5 and Xbox Series X on the GPU front. Bartosz also talked about other things, of course, such as how the Xbox Series S is an ambivalent piece of hardware.

Bartosz believes that the difference between both consoles – at least on the GPU side of things – is not that significant. He also talked about the disparities between the PS4 and Xbox One‘s hardware, which “took its toll” on the developers during the tail end of the generation.

“I think the difference between PS5 and Xbox series X is not that significant. I’m pretty sure that every game developer is happy that we have no recurrence of the situation from “old gens”, where we had a significant difference between PS4 and Xbox One—which in particular took its toll in recent years. We need to remember that if we are publishing the game on different platforms, we always need to consider the weakest hardware.”

As Bartosz mentioned, it’s always important to build for the weaker hardware when working on a multiplatform project. CD Projekt Red made a grave mistake of not adhering to this philosophy with Cyberpunk 2077, which led to a number of a*set streaming problems on PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game that persist to this day.

Got Damned Series S going to be holding us all back the whole fu*king generation image

Source: visit this link https://gamingbolt.com/xb .. icant-says-dev
+3   

best
worst
30 comments

2 months ago '20        #2
D1dnt read  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 24382 24 K  Slaps total: 6022 6 K
fu*king MS was so desperate to try and outsell PlayStation with a cheap model and now all next gen multiplat games have to pay the price

AND the console ended up selling like a*s to top it all off
+6   

2 months ago '17        #3
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 76104 76 K  Slaps total: 26116 26 K
G sh*t, the differences between Sony and MS consoles hasn’t been that crazy since the OG Xbox and PS2. You talking about percentage points as far as image quality goes and the nekkid eye can barely even notice that sh*t

I think people that say they’re buying one console for exclusives and the other for multiplats are the dumbest n*ggas on Earth.
+10   

2 months ago '12        #4
Faythung 
Props total: 23067 23 K  Slaps total: 2060 2 K
Until we start seeing numerous true next gen multi-plats then we won't really know how much of a bottleneck the S will be.

The S is only really targeting 1440 and has the same CPU architecture, at the current moment the One and PS4 are obviously much bigger bottlenecks.
+2   

2 months ago '17        #5
 Faythung said
Until we start seeing numerous true next gen multi-plats then we won't really know how much of a bottleneck the S will be.

The S is only really targeting 1440 and has the same CPU architecture, at the current moment the One and PS4 are obviously much bigger bottlenecks.
Obviously consoles from last generation are a bigger bottleneck than an inferior next gen console
+1   

2 months ago '20        #6
Keep God First 
Props total: 11532 11 K  Slaps total: 10465 10 K
Good thing I own a PS5 and don’t have to worry about inferior hardware holding the games back

Once Sony FINALLY stops fu*king with the ps4

+3   

2 months ago '12        #7
Pleasure Boy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 31246 31 K  Slaps total: 7636 7 K
People in this section have a problem with the truth so I'll just wait till the Series S go up in flames and laugh when they actually acknowledge it
+5   

2 months ago '06        #8
snaxxx 
Props total: 5985 5 K  Slaps total: 868 868
like I said b4 , the main difference is the games man....... all this hardware talk has been nonsense since launch
+1   

2 months ago '05        #9
Krazie 
Props total: 42073 42 K  Slaps total: 6515 6 K
So it is somewhat significant, then?
+1   

2 months ago '16        #10
Vagabond 
Props total: 6121 6 K  Slaps total: 406 406
I turn my console on for fun and most times that after a spliff...I don't care about the BS as long as I can play whenever and enjoy the games that I want to play
+3   

2 months ago '16        #11
Novii  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 10099 10 K  Slaps total: 1871 1 K
The hardware may not have significant differences, but the developers between them do.

Fact > Opinion
+5   

2 months ago '05        #12
TonyCartagena 
Props total: 58299 58 K  Slaps total: 9814 9 K
What Did We Learn The Past Generation? Power Doesnt Matter

The Devs Do Matter....

+4   

2 months ago '20        #13
 TonyCartagena said
What Did We Learn The Past Generation? Power Doesnt Matter

The Devs Do Matter....

where's that Joel knockoff from the halo trailer?

xbots were actually impressed with this sh*t
+2   

2 months ago '04        #14
Wawdy24 
Props total: 8675 8 K  Slaps total: 3807 3 K
Nice try... but , I find it funny that the normal idiots who sh*t all over Bloober Team in the BX Games section, are now backing a team of Misfits who left Bloober Team to create Parasight Studios

"THE PARASIGHT TEAM consists of experienced game devs who earned their stripes in the industry before moving on to make a mark on their own.

Our previous experience in various creative industries allowed us to contribute to the success of games such as LAYERS OF FEAR, OBSERVER, LAYERS OF FEAR 2, BLAIR WITCH and THE MEDIUM."

Oh, and the ones worried about XSS holding back anything this gen are idiots. Forza Horizon 5 is one of the best looking games that will release in 2021... and it will launch on OG Xbox One...

Next time do some digging before you try and troll...

2 months ago '20        #15
 Wawdy24 said
Nice try... but , I find it funny that the normal idiots who sh*t all over Bloober Team in the BX Games section, are now backing a team of Misfits who left Bloober Team to create Parasight Studios

"THE PARASIGHT TEAM consists of experienced game devs who earned their stripes in the industry before moving on to make a mark on their own.

Our previous experience in various creative industries allowed us to contribute to the success of games such as LAYERS OF FEAR, OBSERVER, LAYERS OF FEAR 2, BLAIR WITCH and THE MEDIUM."

Oh, and the ones worried about XSS holding back anything this gen are idiots. Forza Horizon 5 is one of the best looking games that will release in 2021... and it will launch on OG Xbox One...

Next time do some digging before you try and troll...

all I got out of this is that the person saying this was part of a team that worked with both next gen consoles lends alot of credibility to the article actually

not that we needed it, we've all seen the PS5 being on par or outperforming the series X this entire gen

thanks

+2   

2 months ago '21        #16
FRAZZELDRIP 
Props total: 3542 3 K  Slaps total: 1173 1 K
A PC can do the same sh*t and it's also a computer

2 months ago '10        #17
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20068 20 K  Slaps total: 3581 3 K
 D1dnt read said
where's that Joel knockoff from the halo trailer?

xbots were actually impressed with this sh*t
LOL it's funny you show that and not a launch game like ryse son of Rome or quantum break two games that look just as good as anything on PlayStation

2 months ago '04        #18
Wawdy24 
 acegutta22 said
LOL it's funny you show that and not a launch game like ryse son of Rome or quantum break two games that look just as good as anything on PlayStation
He is in a bind... does he stick behind ex Bloober Team members and what they say (After he sh*t all over them during The Medium Release), or does he go back over a year and post Halo Infinite Pics... I think you got the answer

+1   

2 months ago '06        #19
TreZ 
Props total: 7349 7 K  Slaps total: 1860 1 K
 Wawdy24 said
He is in a bind... does he stick behind ex Bloober Team members and what they say (After he sh*t all over them during The Medium Release), or does he go back over a year and post Halo Infinite Pics... I think you got the answer

that halo ss still doesn't look good
+1   

2 months ago '20        #20
 Wawdy24 said

I couldn’t give a fu*k less about boober.. medium was and still is trash (trash game that still performs and looks better on the PS5 btw) and I never said otherwise

regardless of that, the dude from the article is still a dev that worked with both consoles so he definitely has more experience than somebody like u

that upsets u? take it up with boober or w/e the new studio is called

+1   

2 months ago '20        #21
 acegutta22 said

neither look as good as something like TLOU2 or GoW and the xbox games that do look good, are usually trash gameplay wise

they can barely ever have both
+1   

2 months ago '05        #22
GodzMustBeCrazy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
Props total: 7504 7 K  Slaps total: 1620 1 K

OH look, right on que it's @ and his sheep to spin his bullsh*t and act like he knows more then the actual devs

Dude in here celebrating one decent looking game a full year after the consoles release and a racer at that you can't make this sh*t up people

+2   

2 months ago '04        #23
Wawdy24 
 GodzMustBeCrazy said

OH look, right on que it's @ and his sheep to spin his bullsh*t and act like he knows more then the actual devs

Dude in here celebrating one decent looking game a full year after the consoles release and a racer at that you can't make this sh*t up people

Now you back the devs behind Bloober Team. I thought you and the Ponies were behind the Narrative of The Medium is a 900p game?

Bloober is not using the NDA Layer. So they speak on GPU vs GPU, without any understanding of the Hardware Acceleration that the XSX and XSS will utilize in future releases.

2 months ago '04        #24
Wawdy24 
 D1dnt read said
I couldn’t give a fu*k less about boober.. medium was and still is trash (trash game that still performs and looks better on the PS5 btw) and I never said otherwise

regardless of that, the dude from the article is still a dev that worked with both consoles so he definitely has more experience than somebody like u

that upsets u? take it up with boober or w/e the new studio is called

Seems like it upsets you that you need to back ex Bloober Team members

2 months ago '17        #25
Somebody post this dumbass and his family again please
+1   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+68online now  28
Video inside Drake - Buffalo Freestyle Ft Benny The Butcher Official Audio